Discussion:Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badkittykitty
Discussion:Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

March 2004 book of the month
Ender's Game
by Orson Scott Card

All discussions related to this book should be in this thread. To keep readability of posts, there is no need to use spoilers in your posts unless you feel it is absolutely necessary. Anyone reading the posts in this particular thread must be aware that they may contain spoilers about the plot and characters of the book.

el_barto
this is one of the best books i have ever read thumb up

tptmanno1
Yay We got People to accually read this one!!!!

badkittykitty
i just got the book 'seabuiscut' so I'll have to read this one after it sad

MasterWizard
This is also the best book I have ever read. I liked how even when put up against great odds, Ender still manages to win in Batttle School. And the way the win, by finding the new ways of battling in the battle room. What did you guys like(or dislike) about it?

Z4¢|<
I also like this book.

Barf Heaven
I read this about a year ago, it was an awesome book. I'm still reading "Timeline" right now embarrasment so I might not get around to reading it again but it's still pretty fresh in my memory so I can discuss it and such...

el_barto
my favorite part was when he killed bonzo that guy was a jerk

MasterWizard
Aye, that was a cool part. The same with the guy at school who he killed. It was like they set Ender up to kill him, or the other way around.

Phoenix
I'll try and find a copy in the library, but I already have four books and three plays to read this month for school! laughing out loud

Phoenix
Ok, I've ordered it from my bookshop, should have it sometime next week. I manages to read two of my four books last night and today, so i'm on a roll! big grin

el_barto
Llaughing out loudL i bet you are wink

Phoenix
book shop should have it this weekend...

badkittykitty
I guess I'll start the the nominations next tues day so we can be ready by the the begining of the month

tptmanno1
wow! what a great discussion!

badkittykitty
yeah tell me about it *guilty as charged*

badkittykitty
man nobody's reading..I know I am still working like a dog..so I haven't either.. sad

tomorrow I'm making the nomiation thread..so get your thinking caps on

Phoenix
I have the book!

..unfortunately, I have three essays to write and a play to perform before I can read it... sad

el_barto
HURRY HURRY HURRY!!!

Phoenix
oops... too late...

Oh well, I'll find this thread once I've read it and post a mini essay! wink

el_barto
lol laughing out loud

ElectricBugaloo
my favorite book of all time. by far.

ElectricBugaloo
if you like ender's game, go here:

http://data.forumhoster.com/forum_lp/index.php?act=idx

el_barto
What do you guys think was better, Enders Game, or the sequels

I prefer enders game

Bardock42
I lioved enders game didn't read any of the sequels so far though.

I liked hjow he figured all the ways out to win in the battle rooms it was great, and I also liked the idea of his brother and sister on earh, really good book yes

Jeff-Man
it was cool how even though it was 2v1 in the battle room he still whipped them.

Dizzle
Ender has to be one of my all time favorite heroes... He realizes he is being put under huge strains, and deals with it. The setting is huge and elaborate, which i like. I likes this and Ender's Shadow (same story as told by Bean, I highly recommend it) better than the sequels (I actually only read the Bean sequels, they were alright. Much more adult geared). Good stuff though. Not too hardcore scifi for normal people. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.