IMAX movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MovieDork
Does anyone else here like IMAX movies?
I saw the preview for the upcoming IMAX movie about NASCAR racing it looks awesome! I can't wait to watch all that excitement and action on that big screen!

Cinemaddiction
I'm going to see the NASCAR IMAX movie here in Charlotte, hopefully opening day. It'll more than likely be sold out, of course.

I did travel 3 hours to see Star Wars: AOTC on the mega screen. It wasn't as incredible as I was hoping, though. The movie was cut to 2 hours I think, and the sound was a little too overwhelming.

I hate that I missed out on Shackleton's Expedition though. Everytime I wanted to go, it was sold out for the day.

Lord Shadow Z
I went to Bradford and saw a really crappy dinosaur movie on the IMAX theater and the realism was amazing up close.

Katiedid25
I am looking forward to the new Nascar IMAX as well. I heard that Kiefer Southerland will be the narrator-- I LOVE his voice (from Phonebooth.) The movie is going to come out next week!

movieman
I'm not a car racing fan, but this movie looks like it'll be fun.

I'll take my brother to see it so I don't look like a retard. smile

kalantiaw
i saw the matrix revolutions on imax. seemed like the sentinels were life size. and the pictures were so big, it seemed like you can crawl into one of monica belluci's pores...

VilleValo462
laughing out loud
i seen Revo . and AOTC .. SW was overwhelming ..

forumcrew
im the supervisor for one actually at a science center...

im seeing a screener for nascar this week with the press ill let u know how it is.. saposed to be great.. and it will be crazy busy..

TheDudeAbides
Imax movies are the absolute best. Especially for and dvd collector. The IMAX dvd's are the absolute best in picture quality. The closest you can get to a High Difinition DVD.
IMAX has made a few that were not all that great but the majority have been excellent productions.
Excellent ones are:
-"Dolphins" is the best production in my opinion. Sound in DTS, picture quality is awesome, the pace & story telling, the special features are great also. The Sting soundtrack is one of my favorites.
-"Cosmic Voyage" is a most excellent view of our planet and how small we are. The graphics and special fx are spectacular. The IMAX camera takes us starting from microcosmo into the outer regons of outer space.
-"Journey To Amazing Caves" is another one with excellent picture quality but lacks on any actual cave information or much exploring. The quality of picture is worth the price though.
The best IMAX movies I have is the 3-D IMAX case. On a big screen tv the 3-D is the same as you'd get at an amusement park. Right in your face. I highly suggest this series of IMAX movies.

eleveninches
Will ROTK be out on IMAX???

forumcrew
i doubt rotk will be atleast not anytime soon.. the new harry potter movie is the next one that will be released at its premeir date in imax

as far as nascar i saw it tonight at the world premier for some press people (i work there see above) it was pretty cool.. if your a nascar/ race fan a definante must.. but either way anything on a screen that big and in 3d is worth ur time and money

Firesky
IMAX theaters are cool , i saw some space one(dont remember the name) and i saw The Lion King - that was great

forumcrew
space station 3D was prolly it

movieman
Hey, how is the 3D for NASCAR?

I haven't seen any IMAX films for a long time, though I love them, and I especially haven't seen one with 3D. So I was just wondering how it is? Have you seen SPY KIDS 3D because that really messed with my eyes.

Katiedid25
I will definitely see this movie this weekend. I love going to the IMAX--it is so awesome. And a Nascar show will be exciting.

forumcrew
i never saw spykids.. that wasnt an imax film it was just in normal theaters in 3D

movieman
Yes, I know it was IMAX. That's why I was asking for a comparison.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.