OT DVD Boxart revealed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VengeanceGOD
I found these on Jedi Defender.com Don't know if they're real, but they apparently came from the website of the company that did the packaging for the Alien Quadrilogy DVD set. They were pulled after being up for a few hours.

http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/2-04/final%20conflict%20box%20art.jpg
"The Final Conflict"

http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/2-04/jedi%20vs%20darkside%20box%20art.jpg
"Jedi vs. Darkside"

http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/2-04/the%20imperial%20collection%20box%20art.jpg
"The Imperial Collection"

The appearance of more than one box lends hope to my desperate hope that there will be an original version of the OT released.

yerssot
it could well be, but I want some more rumors or whatever first before believing it big grin

finti
they look real and the fact they (the pictures) were pulled might underline the fact that they indeed are the real thing.

VengeanceGOD
And they are all awesome designs.

finti
indeed

eleveninches
Is there any differeces between the contents or do u think it is only the Boxes that are different.

The only thing I can think of is:
One for DVD
One for DVD (with extras)
One for DVD WIDESCREEN

Darth Jello
if the archival editions are released, what would you like on the box? I personnally would like an all crystal blue box with the gold starwars logo and picture on top (archival edition should not be written). the box (being rectangular) should feature two different designs on each side. The old republic/imperial logo with Anakin, Padme, Obi-wan, Qui-gon and Yoda on one side with Darth Maul, Palpatine, Dooku, and Grievous and tons of battledroids and clonetroopers in the background would be on one side. the other side should feature Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, and Chewie, with Darth Sidious, Darth Vader, Tarkin, Piett, and a mass of Stormtroopers in the background with the rebel logo. The short sides of the box should feature artoo on one side and threepio on the other. the bottom could have the famous lightaber logo.

VengeanceGOD
I still am praying for the ORIGINALS, dammit.

Darth Jello
if you look at just how many times lucas has changed each movie after each release, there really is no "original version". every VHS release, tv broadcast, etc. has something changed in it. if you really want the original versions, i suggest you invest in a 16mm projector and start bidding on Ebay for the theatrical prints.

VengeanceGOD
Allright, how about this:

I'm still praying he rereleases the THX remastered editions that came out on VHS just before the Special Editions. On DVD.

Darth Jello
go to the "if you were george lucas" thread. I outlined a plan in there that I think most people would agree is the best situation.

Ushgarak
Meh, I actually appreciate GL's view on this. He only wants to release what he feels is the finished product and that is indeed something down to his own discretion. If fans want to get earlier, unfinished products they will have to get them the hard way- but do not expect a director to release work he is unhappy with.

finti
I just want to get the box, like right now

Darth Jello
just out of curiosity, does anybody else think that Mon Mothma should be refilmed with Genevieve O'rielly and Anakin with Hayden Christensen in the Imperial trilogy? Sebastian shaw is the worst actor to portray him.

yerssot
no

eleveninches
no. and you can't say that sabastian shaw was a basd actor when he was only on screen for a few seconds.

(isn't sabastian shaw the hellfire club member from the x-men)

Darth Jello
he looks nothing like anakin, or luke for that matter. and yes, sebastion shaw was the white king of the hellfire club. Have you seen new pics of Genevieve as Mon Mothma? She looks hot and dignified, like Elizabeth I!!! not like that other actress from ROJ

yerssot
so? they were the original ones, if they don't look like the actors in the PT, it's not their fault

eleveninches
how can you say that sabastian shaw looks nothing like anakin in the original trilogy.
He IS anakin!!!

You mean that he does not look like Hayden. Sab Shaw was the first anakin, so you should really say that Hayden looks nothing like anakin!

Darth Jello
yeah, but i like Hayden's portrayal, much more than sebastion shaw looking like a proud Morty Sienfeld at the end of ROJ

eleveninches
Well he's only on as a ghost for a few seconds. what do you expect him to do??

Mist
what the hell are you guys talking about?

JKozzy
Where is the art? blink

Cinemaddiction
Luckily, I remembered to save the pics before they were pulled from virtually every Star Wars fansite on the web.

Funny you mentioned JediDefender.com. I used to work there, still visit there daily.

VengeanceGOD
*saves* thanks man.

JKozzy
So beautiful.. I love you man! cry stick out tongue

finti
nice job cinemaddiction

Maikahyandowen
awsome!

VilleValo462
nice thumb up

Cinemaddiction
In case you kids didn't hear, the ones I posted were FAKES! Mock ups of some sort. That said, I give you the OFFICIAL box art, straight from Hyperspace.

Cinemaddiction
Both Widescreen and Fullscreen package arts.

matador
Nice pack!!! i love it... but i'm so sad that the originals films are not going to be realesed on dvd.... yet hopefully.... G.LUCAS LISTEN TO THE FANS!!!!!

DarkJediStoops
Not a chance in hell. sad

JKozzy
GOOD. Now I don't need to worry about buying 3 boxes.. silver's the one I wanted, and that's the widescreen big grin

Darth Jello
hmm, well, gee, we haven't seen that design before, have we? wish he was more original. if i were lucas (for an increase in price of course) I'd release the Widescreen in the gold case and have each movie printed on a 24K Audiophile DVD like CDs used to come from (mobile fidelity labs). Silver is just less precious.

eleveninches
They do look really similar to the VHS special edition box sets.

yerssot
I liked the fake ones better messed

matador
I will buy both... I'M A STAR WARS COLLECTOR AND THATS WHAT WE DO, BUY EVERY DAM THING WITH DARTH VADER FACE ON IT!!!

have a nice day fellows geeks!

finti
indeed

finti
ahhhhh good, I love that nostalgic feeling

JKozzy
Hell yes... messed

VengeanceGOD
Yeah, the fake ones were cooler. But these are ok. I'll be getting the widescreen.

cornponious
Here's a link to higher resolution images.

http://media.dvd.ign.com/articles/501/501077/imgs_1.html?fromint=1

One question: If the 3 films are boxed in the Luke and Leia box, what's inside the Vader box? On the side of the L & L box, it has a list of the 3 episodes. There is nothing on the Vader box, just "Star Wars Trilogy", which is also on the L & L box. So what's in the Vader box?

corn

JKozzy
Who wouldn't think that? And who would get full screen? sick

JKozzy
Here they are, the widescreen ones:
http://dvdmedia.ign.com/dvd/image/SWT_DVD_WS_SideB_1080067775.jpg
http://dvdmedia.ign.com/dvd/image/SWT_DVD_WS_SideA_1080067771.jpg

JKozzy
Perhaps they're both sides of the box/both views? Makes sense.

VengeanceGOD
That's what I'm thinking. Both sides of the box.

cornponious
I don't know. If it's both sides of the box, where do the dvd's slide in, like with the Indy box?

I'm not sure it's both sides.

corn

finti
I think it is both side, and it is a slide in cover. The real "booklet" is in the cover box

neo2
in the picture there are two picstures for each widescreen and fullscreen.....

well, does that mean there are two different boxes to choose when buying....or is it just showing either side of the box with two of the same sets?

VengeanceGOD
Dude, did you read any of the posts above you? We just discussed that. wink

I'm pretty sure that it's a slide, like Indy, but the sliding bit just hasn't been added yet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.