What Do You Think Of The Changes In The Coming Dvd Box Set?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

J-Unit
What Changes Do You Think Will Rock And Which Ones Do You Think Will End Up Bad?

The Changes I Want Is Just The Picture Quality And The Lightsaber Effects. rolling on floor laughing

robakin
personally i ok with the hayden as Anakin's ghost at the end of ROTJ, It makes sense to me.
Jabba being redone in ANH is ok too. I thought it looked a bit lame.
Of course we ALL would have liked Han to shoot first but thats a whole other topic!

Darth Jayno
I dont think I like the idea of hayden as anakins ghost, he saved the old man, so it should be the old mans ghost.

I think the binoculars scene should of been put in ANH

Darth Cain
I think they changed his ghost because that was how he appeared before falling to the dark side. Just a theory....

The pics I've seen of Jabba almost look worse to me. It still isn't right.

As for the picture quality, I think it was reported that they removed 10 million pieces of dirt and stuff. The movies should look great.

moonwalker741
I dont like how they added crap and edited some scenes, im fine with the new palpatine scene becasue lets face it, it wasnt Ian, it was some lady, and the emporer looked like crap, but when they cahnge sebastion shaw to hayden, thats just stupid and gay! screw it, i would have been fine with the new high resolution picture update, like the film is really clear, but geroge got high and he thougt he was talking to jabba the hutt, and jabba persuaded him to change the trilogy AGAIN! IMHO

Unholly_Cheese
i reckon the only changes they have made to the trilogy is darth vavers armour is more shinier and the light sabers are more thinner and graphic. Based on some pictures roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Jayno
They have made an improvement on jabba but he still doest look like the jabba in rotj. Jabba in ep 1 looks more like the rotj version. I guess he must loose a little weight for AHH and turn a funny shade of yellow. At least they may of improved the scene where han stood on his tail and his eyes bulged out??

cal31
The reason he looks so skinny in ANH was because they had to so that they could fit him and Han all in th same scene. Remember it wasn't originally filmed with the thought Jabba would be a fat slug.

robakin
i heard Lucas say (to get around it) that Jabba is younger and puts on weight from eating all those frogs, so in ROTJ hes much larger, hey so am i !!!

queeq
Fair enough, but in EpI he's bigger than he was in the previous ANH scene. IS GL going to explain that he went on a diet because of all the stomach burn Han Solo gave him by dumping his cargo?

So what is the list of changes, BTW. I've heard about some, but not all of them. (AND DON'T LOSE THE BINOCULAR SCENE IN ANH!!! I LIKE IT)

yerssot
they included that one? blink thought it took out momentum ...

well, queeq, one of the changes (if true) I like is that they lowered the windows in the X-wing so now you can see the wings and such

robakin
Re: Jabba's diet , good point queeg!
What would Jabba's diet consist of ??? Lets ask Lucas! or his best friend in all the world supershadow, whoops i should never say that name it always causes lots of nasty replies . I WAS JOKING. mad

queeq
Maybe his diet is frogs-on-a-diet. At least he won;t have to change his eating habits.

Windows lowered in X-Wing???? What the heck for? To see your wings? My... how...odd...

yerssot
so you see the wings and more of the fighters behind you... thought it looked decent

queeq
Oh? You have an example lying around.

Personally sounds like a waste of money. Could have hired a decent script writer.

Darth Jayno
Is the binocular scene in then?? I have always wanted to see that scene, i saw the odd pic in mags years ago. I guess there should be a selection of unseen or unused footage in the extra features if it doesnt make the film.

I think GL should of made the DVDs the directors cut, like T2 and the alien trilogy.

yerssot
the server was taken down, so no, don't have it anymore

DJ, if you wanna see it, it's on the BTM CD-ROM

amity75
What exactly is the binoculars scene? Does it involve Luke wearing his floppy hat that I've seen in photos?

queeq
Oh THAT binoculars scene. I thought you were talking about the one in the desert when R2's gone. No wonder I was confused.

No, that scene isn';t too great. The acting is lousy. (much like the newly added Biggs Reunion scene on yavin)

Cipher
I don't think that scene would fit anymore, plus its too big a coincedence that Luke just happens to look up and see the battle......
Wasn't much acting in that scene....

queeq
Nope. Plus the beginning would become too slow. It's better the way it is.

J-Unit
i want to see more x-wings and ties in the war of rotj so it looks bigger i hope GL has thought about that... that would rock hard !!!

queeq
Hmmm...

NoMeN
i want more ewoks and a few gungans

lol j/k i will kill myself if that happens

Darth Jayno
ewoks are cool, gungans are the worst species ever to appear in any film ever.

queeq
How about a cross breed: furry Jar Jars?

NoMeN
LMAO!

darktim1
has anyone heard the rumor that watto and jar jar are at the end of return of the jedi just wanted to know for now may force be with you.

Cipher
No, but we will see Naboo among the celebrations now.

darktim1
cool just was hoping to see what ever happened to watto .

Cipher
Pathetic bum........

queeq
Maybe Jar Jar and Watto get married... winged Gungans...

Cipher
Frightening.......

queeq
You ain't seen nothing yet, you ain't seen ROTS yet.

darktim1
cool

Ketchup
Furry gungans would be scary. Reptilian ewoks would rock, though.

queeq
BTW, with all the changes known, does anybody know if GL finally decided to fix the ONLY scene in all three movies that WAS IN FACT in dire need of redoing: the rancor scene in ROTJ?

Darth Maverick
i'm sure they took da time to get rid of those black lines

queeq
Lots of time... I sure hope they do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.