!Hero/Anti-hero!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
Does everyone remember the Uncanny cover where Wolverine is crucified to the X. That is where Jubillie is first introduced to the X-men and where she saves Wolverine from the Reavers. The X-men are living in Australia and have just survived the assult of the Maurauders. Storm is team leader and she vows that the X-men will herebye take the fight to the enemy instead of having it on their own doorstep.
Now years later and the fans are still waiting to see the X-men act as a strikeforce similar to the Avengers. It never happened. Will it? Should it?
I'd love to see them go hero for a change. The whole anti-hero thing has gone sour.

Arachnoidfreak
I remember that comic. Yes, it should, the Xmen joining up with Magneto and the brotherhood for a united cause would be awesome. Magneto + Xavier = Nearly unbeatable. add Phoenix and they really are unbeatable.

ScarletSpider
As long as they beat Claremont away with a stick and give it to someone who can write and carry it someplace interesting. blink

Lenord
Most heroes in comics are reactive rather than proactive ( there are exceptions like Punisher ). I could never understand why this happens to be the case but it is almost always true that unless a villan comes knocking down on thier door heroes can't be bothered to go out and look for the villans...

ragesRemorse
Yes that would make the x-men badass again. I havent read an X-men comic in like two years. the writing got repetive,boring, and not threatning. I think having the x-men becomming more ruthless would be a nice change. I know i would start reading them again. I mean i saw that many of the characters were just teens dealing with angst of being a mutant, throw them in some situation that is earth shattering and you had an X-men comic. some of the characters i saw them trying to introduce were recycled characters. I dont know, what ever would give the x-men some edge would be good.

fever red
There used to be such an edge to Ororo; you never knew what she might do. I loved that. Still she had such integrity and held herself to such high standards; that was so tantalising.

Maelstrom
ya Storm after she fought Callisto in the tunnels became a real good character. She really became the team leader then. I personally am sick of seeing a bunch of teens dealing with life. As a kid when i was young i didn't even know there was anything to deal with. Nowadays everyone is so melodramatic. They got powers for gods sake, who on earth would feel bad about that.
And Acadamey X has turned out to be a sorry excuse for mutant relationships, where everyone in the book is influenced by the common concensus. It's a pathetic show. I like Hellion though.

Wynndar
yea i miss the ld storm when she was a bad ass...she has been kinda weak these past few years

Maelstrom
I'd love to see Storm return to Forge and get married. I think those two look so good together. His life in the X-men are always interesting stories.

Spawnie
R u all talkin about the Ultimate X-Men?

Proactive baby! U're all right, they need some juice up their arses and get a move on. Like Rages Said the stories became repetitive, and yes that is why I never knew if I wanted to collect them. There were too many X-men arround and I didn't know where to begin. I stuck just with some Wolverine issues. MY knowledge of the xmen is limited to what I learned from the trading cards and animation series. That is why I joined this forum, so I don't have to read all that crap.

ScarletSpider
This is why I love the Invaders. They have global sanction to do whatever they want. With hints of a possible threat, they depose the monarch of a country and take it over. Avengers or X-Men couldn't do that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.