Frodo's Failure

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
What would have happened if the Quest had failed? Post your ideas here!

Phoenix
And don't just say "Sauron would rule Middle-earth..." -- I'm looking for details, people! wink

Exa

azszhz
and nobody would have killed orc #234 (he was my favorite)

Exa
OH yes, he was great big grin mimics nearly as good as the elf on the left side in the third row of Helms deep

azszhz
yes but i though that the elf on the left side in the first row was just a bit better though that one was a very close

Phoenix
*pokes* big grin

seriously! I'm trying to write a fanfiction... so I need real ideas.. wink

Ushgarak
Well, how much more than you need to know, Phoe? Sauron would indeed rule Middl-Earth as the free armies of the world could not stand against his full power. The Elven havens had great power but could not stand against Sauron himself, as the books specify. It is pointed out that even without the Ring, Sauron could overcome all opposition- even Tom Bombadil, for those weirdos who like him- and so WITH the Ring his victory would have been so much the faster and more terrible. Gandalf makes reference to a victory by Sauron, if it happened, would be so complete that it would create a darkness that no-one could foresee the end of.

It would be the end of all effectively civilisation but Tolkien does not go into detail of what this would comprise of.

Phoenix
I'm looking for more personal and specific than general...

((I'm such a stupid-head, I can't even think up enough ideas for my own fanfic... laughing out loud ))

Ushgarak
Well, everyone at Minas Tirith would have been slaughtered, so you can forget that lot.

He would totally annihilate every Dunadan he saw- too much hassle from those people.

Some Elves he might take captive. Men he would want to swear allegiance to him. Are there any people or places in particualr you wanted some ideas on?

Phoenix
basically the fellowship.. and Elves... ((eg Haldir, Elrond, Arwen, etc))

especially the Hobbits...

I'm thinking of fates worse than death...

Ushgarak
Hmm... easier to discuss this via PM, is that ok?

Phoenix
yeh, no probs...

Phoenix
anyone else...?

who would die, do you think? and who would live..?

Exa

Discos
erm, I would reckon sauron would be defeated again, one way or another. Perhaps the Valar would actually take their fingers out and do something this time!

Perhaps many main characters would die, I would say Aragorn would die as he was King of Gondor and the main strength for an alliance of men to stand against Sauron....also Eomar as he is king of Gondor..

This would probably be a good strategy for the dark lord as this was he first plan at Minas Tirith and Men would have no leadership without their kings....their pledges/oathw on't mean didley squat and men would flee!

Barf Heaven
*in Professor Frink's voice* What Frodo saw in Galadriel's mirror with the burning and the slavery and oh! the suffering...

Kitoky
If Frodo failed........all hell will break lose......

PARTY ON!

Discos
Exa, didnt Elrond already board the ship with Frodo?

erm,I was thinking of this last night again and it would seem Sauron could infact be unstoppable with that ring!

would he be able to defeat the Vala with that ring?

Discos - even Tulkas sad

dileno
Much things are written in The letters of Tolkien, here you can see some topics: http://users.telerama.com/~taliesen/tolkien/lettersfaq.html

In letter #246 Tolkien brings up what might have happened if Frodo wasn't attacked by Gollum. I can't find much of worth on Google. sad

Exa
Yes, he did, but he also would have if Frodo had failed smile Elrond also says something like that in the book, I think... however the War of the Ring ends it would always be a disadvantage for the elves.

I dont think he would be able to... after all, where would he take the power from? He put his power into the ring in the Second Age, and now he would take it back out stick out tongue cant have grown so much in the meantime big grin stick out tongue

The Ring only gives to him the dominion of the free peoples who also got some of his Rings of Power, and with the help of them he would enslave the rest.

Discos
ah ok I see,

as I always used to say, he was defeated before and surely would be defeated again

Discos - even if men and elves were much stronger in the second age

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.