Illegal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pragar
Yeah, this is illegal. You're stealing from Lucasfilm, and they've been made aware of it.... Look out.

peluffo
who is "you" ?

Havoc X
your a snich

Indy_Knight
Whats the problem, you got HS and not happy beacase non members are still seeing the goods?

Bartman99

cavola
i dont think so ; well at least its not our attention he wants.

Unholly_Cheese
Man pointless threaderm

robakin
Yeah Cos Lucas and co. don't rip off his own fanbase in ANY way!! Sometimes you have to take a bit back.

moonwalker741
http://img64.exs.cx/img64/2558/whocares1.jpg

Unholly_Cheese
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Pragar
1. I didn't tell anyone anything. I got a link to here from someone else.

2. You can be punished for breaking the law.

3. I think it's disgusting that "fans" like you would actually try to steal this entertainment. Basically, you like everything you get from Lucasfilm, but you don't want to give anything back. Lame.

Havoc X
how do you think it gets put on here
dumb ass someone who pays for it puts it here

moonwalker741
http://img56.exs.cx/img56/2880/whocares8.jpg

....honestly

Havoc X
so you see it is paid for but not everyone can has money dump on hyperspace or its not worth it beside GL makes plenty of cash from the movies we shouldnt have to pay for it anyways

Pragar
Even if one person pays for HS, the rest of you get it for free. That's theft. Not that hard to figure out, pal.

And moonwalker, I don't really care if you have an obsession with those totally super awesome ebaumsworld images. Seriously, next time find something without an advertisement on it.

moonwalker741
okey doke...

Who Gives a ****?

Pragar
Well done, moonwalker.

moonwalker741
no problem, ok lets put this ebaumsworld images aside

ok, i think its fair because lucas is gay for making this stupid scandal, my point is settled

Havoc X
who are you to lecture us

moonwalker741
me?

oops, when i meant its fair, i meant its fair for people with HS to share the media because like i said in my other post

Unholly_Cheese
I think the pictures prove the point better yes

Pragar
"ok, i think its fair because lucas is gay for making this stupid scandal, my point is settled"

You don't need to use Hyperspace, you know. You can just wait for the movie to be released. You're not being forced to do anything, yet you choose to steal.

And how can you claim to love Star Wars so much when you call George Lucas gay? He made Star Wars. He IS Star Wars.

Unholly_Cheese
No i think he just made it

moonwalker741
I like starwars next to the next guy, i never really said i was a STARWARS LOVER!!

he made this stupid HS scandal to rip money from people cause he KNOWS peope want to know all these spoilers, i want to know the spoilers, and i dont care if its illegal. He also ruined the OT by making the new special editions, so im a little ticked off at him about that

but yes, i choose to steal because i feel like it and i could really care less

Pragar
"who are you to lecture us"

Lecture? It's common sense. You steal, you see consequences.

Why is it that people can shovel money out to buy everything they want, but they don't have a spare $40 to buy one year of Hyperspace? You all have computers with internet connections which you pay for monthly, so it's not like you're poor. I bet you all have televisions, maybe more than one, maybe cable which you pay for monthly.... $40 isn't that much.

Pragar
"but yes, i choose to steal because i feel like it and i could really care less"

Then stop stealing. If you really don't care, don't try to know all the spoilers.

And saying you want to know spoilers and that you're upset about the SE changes implies that you are a Star Wars fan. If things like the changes in the SE make you angry, that means you care about it.

Creechuur
No ones buying what youre selling, dude, so go peddle it somewhere else. We all pretty much think Lucas is greedy and lame for making fans pay for pics online. You've said your piece, youre not going to change any minds, so just quit.

moonwalker741
no, i meen i could care less about the you lecturing to say stop doing this, this is illegal

moonwalker741
a little nitpicker arent you, well isnt it like saying "i hate bush" which i do!, but its not like im saying i hate america

i know he didnt create america, but hes running it currently, same thing with lucas

moonwalker741
yes

Pragar
"a little nitpicker arent you, well isnt it like saying "i hate bush" which i do !, but its like saying i hate america? no"

Bush didn't exactly found America. Would you say you hate all the guys who wrote the Constitution, or whatever it is you love about this country?

Creechuur
Now youre just being an off-topic pest.

moonwalker741
i pointed that out in my post! i know he didnt create america, but hes running america though

moonwalker741
... yeh seriously

moonwalker741
this thread is getting stupid

pragar, i dont think what your saying will persuade anybody who reads this

Pragar
"youre not going to change any minds"

I don't expect to. I know that people like to keep their ideals when they're online, and there's pretty much no way you'll look at this from a different perspective. But I can see that you've formed your own group here where it's ok to do all this stuff that the rest of the world is against, so I figured I'd fill you in on the way the rest of us think.

moonwalker741
ok then, im done with this conversation

my views of stealing from hs are the same, cheers

Unholly_Cheese
This is getting stupidban

Pragar
"Now youre just being an off-topic pest."

Actually, the America thing relates to the GL/Star Wars thing, which is what this site is about, right?

Pragar
"my views of stealing from hs are the same, cheers"

See ya.

"This is getting stupid (Ban?)"

Stealing is stupid (Close this site down?)

Unholly_Cheese
no2

Pragar
yes

Unholly_Cheese
Now ur just wastin my timeerm

Havoc X
JUST SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

gOD THIS WHAT MAKES PEOPLE DISLIKE YOU
ITS LIKE A F***ING NAT BUZZING AT YOUR HEAD

Pragar
You know what's funny?

Most boards would ban people for doing something illegal. They ban people because they break the rules.

Here, people want to ban me for pointing out that you're all breaking the rules. It's been flip-flopped from the rest of society. Isn't that odd...?

Oh, and it's not I who's wasting you're time. It's totally your choice to even read this thread. wink

Unholly_Cheese
No i think your wasting your time trying to prove your own crazy point of the law.

Pragar
"crazy point of the law"

Yeah, law is retarded, aint it?

Darth Cain
For most of the computer born generation, we hate to pay for anything beyond whatever Internet access fees there are. It's like TV or the radio, you don't pay for the stations or channels (besides cable), just the hardware. Then along comes the music industry, which already price gouges us on the cost of CD's, and starts causing a fuss. I'm sick of it. The Internet is for everyone. It's sole purpose is for sharing ideas and information. All content should be free. Forum's like this are a way for like-minded people to fight back against money-grubbing, narrow-minded jerks. Praqar, do us a favor and take your hatred elsewhere. We don't need it here. Some people just like to cause trouble, and it's not us. mad mad mad

Pragar
"Some people just like to cause trouble, and it's not us."

Fighting against companies that apparently pollute the free world as we know it isn't causing trouble?

Darth Cain
Um......, that made sense. And how is this Episode III related?

Pragar
"For most of the computer born generation, we hate to pay for anything beyond whatever Internet access fees there are. It's like TV or the radio, you don't pay for the stations or channels (besides cable), just the hardware. Then along comes the music industry, which already price gouges us on the cost of CD's, and starts causing a fuss. I'm sick of it. The Internet is for everyone. It's sole purpose is for sharing ideas and information. All content should be free. Forum's like this are a way for like-minded people to fight back against money-grubbing, narrow-minded jerks. Praqar, do us a favor and take your hatred elsewhere. We don't need it here. Some people just like to cause trouble, and it's not us."

^ This is Episode III related?

By the way, the internet isn't free. It's not like radio or basic TV. And just because one company decides to sell stuff on the internet doesn't mean the free areas are destroyed. Think of Hyperspace as an addition to the basic internet. You can go there if you choose to, but it costs money. If you're against paying for something online, you don't have to enter that area. It's plain and simple.

Do you steal cable TV? Some might say TV should be completely free like it used to be, so they just steal cable to balance things out. Is that how it works?

moonwalker741
ok im back again, and i think this thread should be closed because it is not episode 3 related, and no body cares about your opinion pragar, because you are easily out numbered in this forum

Havoc X
BY THE WAY WHATS WITH ALL THIS REST OF SOCIETY
your one person when the everyone else comes here and agrees with you then maybe just maybe you might have some kind of a POINT
but as for now NO

by the way did you join this forum so you could start this

El Toro
Pragar. Seriously man. if u pay for HS congrats and enjoy. but why are you so against ppl seeing a fraction of HS. i mean. in reality this is watt we get here. BTH, Knollvision and sumtimes Web-Docs.

are u pissed that ppl are getting free u u've been conned into buying? or is it because ur on a crusade of rightousness after a tight-ass upbringin. seriously man, get a life. we all love SW in some way or the other and helping each other. sure its illegal and ask any1 here. they'll watch ROTS 2-3 times (if its good...even if its not) at da cinemas.

sure its called "stealing" and against the law. but ...meh its all good.

Pragar
"Um......, that made sense."

Ok, allow me to make it simpler to read.

Fighting = Causing trouble

You said, "Some people just like to cause trouble, and it's not us."

Then you said, "Forum's like this are a way for like-minded people to fight back against money-grubbing, narrow-minded jerks."

Therefore, you cause trouble.

Darth Cain
Agreed. Let's leave this thread. I will not post after this, and I encourage everyone to stop as well.

Pragar
"BY THE WAY WHATS WITH ALL THIS REST OF SOCIETY"

It's the world, as in that which exists beyond this forum.

Pragar
"sure its called "stealing" and against the law. but ...meh its all good."

I don't know how to respond to that.

Pragar
"your one person when the everyone else comes here and agrees with you then maybe just maybe you might have some kind of a POINT"

You didn't get my point? It was pretty clearly stated in my first post.

Havoc X
and last i checked you werent voted the spokes person for the world
jackass

Pragar
"and last i checked you werent voted the spokes person for the world
jackass"

LOL! Ouch, ease that tight grip you've got on my balls, man.

The law says you can't steal. That's part of society. Just because I'm relaying that to you doesn't mean anyone elected me to do so, lol....

Darth_Duffy
i think you've had your moment. now run along now their must be some cartoons on tv

Pragar
For those of you who seem to be focusing on each aspect of my posts, I'm not here to force my way of life on you. The only reason I joined this site and made that first post was to warn you that Lucasfilm is aware that you're stealing from them. Do with that what you will.

Havoc X
YEAH YOU SAID WHAT YOU WERE GOING TO SAY NOW LEAVE

Unholly_Cheese
Make all of our days

moonwalker741
i suggest for people to start arguing with this guy, hes just going to keep fireing the 'illegal' excuse and how its wrong rigt back at you, or nitpick your post to throw this thread off-topic, people, dont even bother

cornponious
"Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone."
- Jesus Christ

"Shut up, you f@ckwad. As if you're so virginal."
-me

cornponious

Unholly_Cheese
Fine with me, hes just someone who wants attention

moonwalker741
laughing haha, thats pretty good

darth_surgent
Okay, the limit has been pushed.

Just because something is illegal, it is not a given that it is immoral. Example: Marijuana.

Several years ago, I despised people who whinned about legalizing pot. I didn't like drugs, and even at this point in time, I still don't find any interest in using them. However, I began reading studies from all sides of the argument, along with the scientific research behind it, and I changed my mind. It is not the same destructive and dangerous substance as the other drugs that it is associated with. The only reason that it became illegal was because it posed an economical threat to many large corporate trusts in the past, and was eventually put into the same category as substances such as heroine. In the end, there is nothing immoral about marijuana, especially considering that it is less hazardous to your health than smoking or alcohol, and though you shouldn't drive while under the influence, that aspect of it can be established in the law. As you can plainly see, the laws we have set in place are often far too non-specific to be enforced in an ultra-strict manner.

When it comes to H***space, GL is charging money for something of no hard value. Sure, they are valuable in the same way something is sentimentally valuable, but they do not actually cost him much of anything. Now, we add in the few real costs, of which there is pretty much only the processing fees of the photos and the hiring of people to run the website. However, it is highly likely that those are the same individuals who run the main site anyway. In the end, he is charging $40 per person for something that is equivalently valued at about 40 cents. That is pricing above the market worth, when no alternative retailer is available, a.k.a. "Price Gouging." Will that illegal act be punished? No! So where do we reach equality? I'll tell you. We reach equality through a mutual disdain towards the letter of the law, while maintaining a grasp of the spirit of the law. That is why people who post official pics are not prosecuted, but are instead asked "nicely" to refrain from doing it in the future, because LFL knows that it would be overly cruel to so strictly enforce the user agreement laws in this fashion.

Would you like to hear another point? Good! If you were to read through many of the posts on this forum, you would find dozens of n00bs saying "wow, those were some great pictures. I want to join hy**rspace to be able to see all of them, and not just a select few." In the end, actions such as those found on this forum actually tend to provide free advertisement for GL's site. Furthermore, people who are getting the information here, came here and other places in the first place because they were looking for the pics, and they were never going pay for them. Money lost by LFL: Zero. Money gained by LFL: Cha-Ching!

And I will not even get into the corporate greed issue that indeed does grant the consumer base a certain right to find "alternative means of procurement."

Everyone has made their mind up. There is no further need for debate

Now, I must wrap this up. I am the F-Mod, and I must insist that this thread heretofore remain locked. No more posting or bannings will occur. I will give amnesty to all past transgressors, as long as it ends now.

(Thread Closed).

Darth_Duffy
a very fitting way to end this dog-end of a thread,
good post

moonwalker741
veni vini CLOSE

Huzzah
Well stealing when you're on the Internet is not as simple you're making it out to be.

In fact I'm beginning to suspect Pragar is not a HS member.

Darth Sauron
What the hell kind of director CHARGES people to see things anyway?

The mans deranged.

So we will steal from him, and enjoy the spoilers before he crushes our spirits with the worst star wars film of all time*

*Including the fan made ones.

Gangularis
what a joke..

dude, get a life, you little ****ing narc.

I'll be at borders books reading the latest edition of star wars insider and then putting it back on the shelf without paying for it!

pwease don't taddle on me! mazza george will bring out his lightsaber whip ... oooh that whip is painful.. painful i says!

moonwalker741
wait! theres starwars insider at Borders Books?!?!?! oh crap, i should check taht out next time!

Gangularis
the second George Lucas denounces commercial ads in movie theatres before movies start is the second i could possibly feel guilty about looking at HS material without paying for it.

by the way.. my friend down the street has hyperspace... should i pay him to view that stuff, or just send a money order to George???

Gangularis
Drat!! he doesn't take money orders, does he??

and me with no credit card.. hmff!!1

i just hope i don't get a glance of it next time i'm over there... because that might be illegal.

PVS
two words

ATTENTION WHORE

stealing? and you hope we get in trouble?

here's what i hope for you:

-your car gets stolen
-your house gets broken into
-you get jumped by angry midgets
-your penis falls off

...among the many other wonderful things i wish for you.

....now.....please close this thread

PVS
close? did i say close?

i meant ERASE.....pretty please, with sugar on top? happy

PVS
http://img70.exs.cx/img70/4716/trolljpg.jpg

Jedi Priestess
*sigh*

end of the road kids....this week has seen an upswing in stupid threads, stupid posts and finally this. I have seen to it that the links to this weeks webcam no longer work....the dark side has clouded everything

moonwalker741
im in the mood for some fried chicken, is it just me, cause im really hungry

PVS
god, i am so sick of trolls.
why cant people just learn to exist in their everday lives,
so that they dont have to come here and bother us.

PRAGAR, we are sorry...
we are sorry that:

-you have no friends
-you are a virgin, not by choice
-everyone that knows you, hates you
-your mom never breastfed you
-your life is just miserable

you must be a depraved loser to actually make a hobby
out of killing the buzz of people you dont even know.
good luck with your sad excuse for a life, and i hope you have
found some sense of "virtual self esteem" through your actions here,
but i assure that such an attitude will lead to a miserable life.
thanks for being a whiney douche and like said in a previous post, i hope your penis falls off.

Darth Sauron
Well, as time goes on, more and more people will join here with nebie-ish questions...
it happened to the lotr forum, and we never recovered
So bascially you have the choice of either 1- staying, and enjoying the good things you have here. or 2- Leaving.

Choose

moonwalker741
i really want chicken!!!! popeyes to be specific

PVS
sauron, we may not even have the option you stated.
a$$holes like Pragar are causing people like JP to take the links down.
that means no more good things.

Darth Sauron
Well put them up anyway wink

'stand for what is right, even if you stand alone'

Pragar, is most likely some 12 year old boy, who likes the touch himself at the thought of having anything to do with star wars and GL.
I wouldnt listen to a word he says.

Xanatos
Just so you know not everyone on here has a credit card. Im not sure but I think most here are teenager, like me eek!

So Im going to keep getting me bootypirate2 Arrghh

PVS
thats just it, they WONT

a noble philosophy, but it does not apply here. you will not stand alone, since you will find yourself surrounded by idiots

that along with the thought of having ANY sense of power in his meaningless life....agreed

Darth Sauron
They wont?

Yes there are alot of idiots *sigh*
But thats just the way things are, and the way they will stay.

The closer you get to his film...the worse its gonna get.

You will have to live with it :/

Boris
lol funny stuff

cavola
came up with this :

Pragar @ gamespot

if you look into the post referring to Star Wars, it does seem that Pragar, aka, Dan J.W. is an avid SW fan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

AND **** LUCAS ARTS AND THEIR BASTARD PROFITEERING...THEY MUST BE THE ONLY FILM COMPANY TO CHARGE ACCESS TO THEIR WEB SITE...ITS DISGRACFUL...

COPYRIGHT THIS *****
-----------------------------------------
how was that ? was that good ?

I'll be in my trailer..........................

PVS
dont forget:

aol IM: DJW 1138

PVS
excellant find cavola...excellant evil face

Morgoths_Wrath
well, we're not really "stealing" anything. The only people who have access to that stuff (as far as i know) is HP members and if they post it on this site well then thats theirs that they paid to see and they should do what they want with it. Its like buying a movie and going to your friends house and watcing it with a bunch of people. I highly doubt GL is going to send chronies out on the internet prawl searching for pictures on random forums across the net. The only way he would find out is if someone would tell lucasfilm...and i dont think anyone really cares enough to do so. Not a big deal, Pragar thanks for nothing

PVS
Hey pragar...a message from the Holy Father:

http://img36.exs.cx/img36/4738/misc71.jpg

PVS
can you post the link to where he says this?
i cant find it.

cavola
saying that LucasArts Ltd. know about it , telling us that this is illegal ........................oh COME ON !?

well who could have told them?
...................................hmm ...............................................................................im stuck on this one ......................................................................................................................................huh..............................................................................................hmm..................................................................any suggestions ?

i bet u have some pirated material in your game shelf.... Go back to Playing Snake and Solidus MGS mofo

cavola
actually thats me posting that and so did i post the picture .

sorry ; i wanted to vent my anger

PVS
oh ok.

cavola
this is what they do to snitches in Chechnya

http://gto.dynu.com/prdrnx/shoot.jpg

NoMeN
Lucas Arts, thats the game company LOL!

guiro72
wow! who is this pragar guy?
i really don't understand how someone can be so sad.
and i'm posting on a star wars forum!

pragar, if you want to make the world a better place you could be out there with greenpeace, serving the homeless down at your local soupkitchen, or making your voice heard in some political rally, instead of trying to save one of the top ten richest people in the world a couple of hundred dollars. (and as surgent pointed out, you probably haven't saved him a cent....if i didn't see pictures on forums, i just wouldn't see them. full stop)

everyone who visits this site has bought probably at least two copies of each of the star wars films (even ones they didn't like much), and seen each one at the cinema at least twice.....at least!.....add it up, it's a hell of a lot of cash....they also probably own at least a couple of books (whether it's a copy of the script or whatever), some may even collect the toys, t-shirts and other merchandising....

pictures from the set of motion pictures are not a product....they are a PROMOTION for the film....i can search around now and find on set pictures from almost any film in production, and none of those companies are asking me for any money....they're glad i'm even interested, and hope i like what i see and choose to turn up to see their film when it's released.

when most of this stuff is included on the dvd in 12 months time, i will pay for it then (see, i've already decided i'm going to buy it....i haven't even SEEN it yet), i also don't have a credit card....in the mean time i'd really like to know why you care so much?.....i mean, i don't get it.....you should be embarrassed....

(and nice post before surgent....i was mightily impressed....)

PVS
i think im done with this troll

http://img31.exs.cx/img31/3100/troll-OWNED.jpg

Morgoths_Wrath
Well said. And with that i believe this thread has come to an end.

guiro72
thanks morgoth....

did it ever come to a start?.....

queeq
Allright. THis thread is way out of line.

CLOSING!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.