Which "TRIBE" do you support ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Papaumau
They say that there are TEN tribes that young people attach themselves to, so I wanted to ask...

Which of these following tribes are you a member of and why ?

1). Geeks - ( academics ), who listen to whatever is playing on the radio and who are not swayed or influenced by fasion-trends.

2). Gangstas - Love hip-hop, stars like Eminem, designer brands, sports-wear and "bling".

3). Goths - Wear black clothing and make-up and listen to Marilyn Manson .

4). Moshers - Kurt Cobain is one of their idols. The mosher style is ruled by comfort and rock-band tour T-shirts.

5). Indies - Sporting quasi-mohican haircuts they love The Hives & Cold Play.

6). Townies - Fond of Dance music, Oasis, Travis and the Stereophonics. They wear Ben Sherman shirts.

7). Scallies - Too young to drive, but obsessed with cars. The girls sport big gold-hoop earrings while the boys stick to casual sportswear and caps.

8). Skaters - They listen to Green Day and Blink182 have spikey hair and chunky steel chains.

9). Sporties - Clean-living, their pop-role models are Holly Vallance and Justin Timberlake.

10). Trendies - Tastes are eclectic and achingly hip. Favourite bands include Kings of leon and The Libertines.

I am too old to be a member of a tribe now but if I could be I would be a Mosher...Oh yeah ! rock

golden moon
Mosher yes

shellie
i never thought of myself as being in any "tribe" . guess we all are though at some point .

going by this list , im a geek roll eyes (sarcastic)

im not influenced by fashion trends and i love all kinds of music , so whatsever is playing on the radio is fine .

Clovie
something between 1,3 and 4 blink

Papaumau
Come to think of it, there MUST be an eleventh one.....

The Stone-rebels - Who don't want a label and who disagree with everything !

Clovie
may i change my mind?
i want the 12th stick out tongue

InTeRaCtIvE
I think I am Geek wink

Papaumau
Aw c'mon Clovie....

Don't leave us hanging there....

What would "The twelfth" tribe be like ?

Clovie
12. neither. as simply as that. wink

Papaumau
You just can't be all negative...for nothing and against everything.... as if you are you would be in the eleventh tribe.

Come on...tell us what you like about the twelfth tribe ?

Evy_O
not 1, 2, 3, 5, 8

a bit 4, 9, 10

and mostly a mixture of 6 and 7

big grin

Papaumau
Evy_O......LOL..... laughing

You really are a mixed up kid aintcha ?

golden moon
laughing

eek!

hobbit_dude
am 7.50 stick out tongue a mixture of those too

Clovie
okay... it would be doing anything you feel about. and changing all the other tribes due to your mood at every particular moment.

everything is equal with nothing messed

Evy_O
nope, I just don't think that a person can be categorized as roughly as that wink
call me Evy btw smile

Dexx
7, i guess...and a lil bit of 4..because i love nirvana

Fire
if I have to choose out of those 10 I'd be the first one, altho none mentioned metallica

Papaumau
Fire....

You would be a Mosher...like me ! rock

Evy...

You say..."cannot be categorized like that" but many kids want to be categorized and feel one of the special "crowd".

Maybe like Clovie you want to metamorph yourself to suit your mood !

That's not a bad thing but it leads a bit towards being nothing in particular. No identity...know what I mean ?

§pearhead
I don't really fit into any of those messed

MC Mike
Well... blink I skateboard, but I'm not a skater. erm
I listen to hip-hop and rock, I'm not a Gangsta (Don't wear "bling"wink. stick out tongue
Don't like pop, not a Sportie. stick out tongue
I'm in the highest classes in school and take math with people two classes above, but there's no way in hell I'll consider myself a geek. stick out tongue
I'm all but 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. And a little of some of those sometimes. laughing out loud
Except Goth, I'm not goth. messed

Papaumau
Yeah Spearhead...

When it all comes down to it few people like to be categorised or put into little boxes but you may be surprised to see that you ARE in one or a mixture of more than one of the identities in the threadstart list.

If you are THAT different why don't you start a tribe of your own with Evy and Clovie and MC Mike ?

Happy DanceHappy DanceHappy DanceHappy DanceHappy Dance

Darth Revan
None. I used to think I was a nerd/geek, but I listen to hip hop, Marilyn Manson, Nirvana, Green Day, Cold Play, and the Hives... So apparently I'm not anything.... However, I know I'm not 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9.

Anyways... I guess I'm pretty bored because in real life I hate it when people call me a "goth" because I have MM in my CD player, or anything else based on what I look like...

MC Mike
This is all stereotypical. stick out tongue

Clovie
okay now i'm scared.

ClaraG
I'm actually like a mixture of nearly all of them lol

ash007
mmmm i would say i am number 6=Townies

Storm
If you are to be commended for your powers of critical thinking, your passion for social justice, your respect for people who hold believes different from your own, then you' re in my "tribe".

Evy_O
laughing

MC Mike
Yea, we're the Diffrent People messed

Evy_O
but the identity of a person cannot be held in a bunch of words messed
and cause each person is unique, they have a different identity yes

or some are more adaptable than others stick out tongue

there you go big grin

Kaleanae
None of those messed

Darth Revan
Yeah... I don't need a title to feel like I have an identity, I am who I am and can't be summed up in one word.

Flavio
hmmm, maybe i'm a geek... i like sad songs the most and like Coldplay, but my hair isnt quasi-mohican blink...

Tptmanno1
Im a bit 'o geek bit 'o mosher abd a chunk of a new group called rebel, Anti-war, protesters and such, RATM.

Darth Revan
To tha young R to tha E tha B to tha E tha L rock

Fire
Dude I seriously think Nirvana sucks so I don't want to be compared with that.

Many kids idd want to be categorized and feel one of the special crowd however a lot of kids don't (usualy the smart ones)

Baylin
Not in a tribe I'm a free man
and my life is my own now
dont care what the past says
I know where I'm going...

If any then I'm a mosher but I've always thought of my self as the heavy metal rocker sort - GNR, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Slayer ect.

Tptmanno1
Oh hells yea!
war

Fire
btw has anyone ever played tribe 8

Tptmanno1
No, but I heard it kicks ass though

Fire
very good RPG very weird tho

Tptmanno1
I thought Tribes was a FPS??

Silver Stardust
Hmm...I don't really fit entirely into any of those...I guess I'd mostly be a combo of 1, 3, and 4...#3 more for the fact that I like Marilyn Manson, though...I do wear a lot of black but I'm not a goth.

KidRock
wow not one of those are like me. lol

BackFire
N/A. I'm making my own Tribe, Cynics. That's what I'd belong too, I suppose.

Neo_Version 7
I wanna join.

Papaumau
Well then...That's pretty clear:

People do NOT like to be stereotyped. At least not when they are asked directly about it.

Nevertheless, I think that most of you will find that when you are out and about you will almost certainly align yourself with one group or another.

Very few people - especially when they are young - want to deliberately stand out from the crowd as to do this takes a lot of personality a lot of confidence and a lot of rebelliousness.

One thing is sure; this little exercise has been fun and it has given a few people the chance to be unique individuals.

As has been said already...Everybody is different and unique until they try to put on a uniform. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Unicor777
how thoughtful

Darth Revan
Pap, as much as I like you dude, I really don't appreciate the assumption that I put myself into one of those categories when I'm not on the computer. None of my friends fit into any of those, either... We have our own "tribe", if we're insisting upon everybody being in one.

HockeyHorror
i support

A Tribe Called Quest

no expression

Darth Revan
laughing

HockeyHorror
stick out tongue

Tela
Uh, 8, 3, & 4 happy don't ask

Moo Cow
i dont think im any of thiose tribes messed the closest i think wiuld be 7 or 9, but i dont like any of the bands listed

Papaumau
Not really throwing assumptions about at anyone in particular, just trying to see just how honest the peeps are here when they are asked that awkward question.

I am sure that almost none of the unique individuals here would want to be aligned with any one of those particular groups at the threadstart. The trouble is that we humans are pack-animals whether we like it or not and as such we almost always form groups if given the chance.

There is strength in numbers and most people are well aware of this.

Here is a pefect example of this syndrome:

When "The Punks" first started showing themselves on the streets people were aghast at the extremes that the first punks would go to to be rebels and to be unique....then after a time....more and more people thought it was cool to be a punk and they all started to dress like that.

Very soon the edge was lost as the punk way of doing became just another uniform. Then we found that either the original punks just went to even greater extremes so as to stand out in the crowd or they gave it up altogether.

Very few people are strong enough in character to start a new and shocking trend in order to stand out, so the majority of us just stay as un-noticed grey-people or we join a "tribe" that is like us in desire but which is not TOO far out !

Darth.... Be who you want to be and what you want to be as it is you that will either start a new trend or stick out like a sore thumb when your new trend does not catch on. It's all a very risky business !

It's also YOUR decision. Nobody elses !

Df02
ill describe myself since i fit none of those lol

Music tastes: ranges from classic Metal to Industrial, some Indie (including Kings of leon lol), Screamo, Post hardcore, and everything in between.
Style: quite designer label orientated, but none of the tacky stuff like sportswear, i mean like Fred perry, Ben sherman etc
Interests: im a pretty boring person, no real interests i can name... just a socialite tbh haha

so id be a mix of a Trendy and mosher i guess

and for Darth: like it or not, every1 is part of a group...maybe 2 or 3, but ur gonna be pigeon-holed wherever u go or whatever u do, and its quite pointless trying to fight against it...not like its a massively bad thing neway rolling on floor laughing

Jedi Priestess
Dont have a tribe dont need a tribe, I do my own thing and always have.

Agent Elrond
yeah! I'm in Storm's Tribe!

out of the list, I'd say, #1, but geek sounds too negative. Academically motivated maybe?

Shadow_King
none.

Papaumau
Good for you JP !

Me too...I think..... confused

Shadow King.....

Somehow I don't believe you with a one-word answer like that !

I bet that there's a damn sight more to you than a naked man sitting in a corner trying so hard not to conform to something....anything.

People are far too complicated to be as sure of yourself as you are that you are attached to "NONE" of the above.

Shadow_King
i am serious i belong to none of those tribes

Unicor777
I also do not belong to any of those tribes, I kindda feel the best being on my own, alone against everything, paving my own way. But, in the same time I don't agree with that, I make efforts to identofy my self with a group because is better, and we the humans we can NOT survive ALONE, being ALONE is WRONG. BEsides the high level of civilization (at least we think so) WE ARE STILL ANIMALS, a race, a human race, as it there is a DOG RACE, a CAT RACE... So my dear fellows, it is not a battle to distance ur self from the grup, is the other way around, we should fight everyday, every moment in our life to come closer and closer to eachother, otherwise we will become strangers (as it is happening today) and in the end we will die! It is in our nature to go with the group not against the group... sometimes is difficult, and I do try every day to come closer to a group, although it looks like a social status, but it is always better then being alone

speiderman
I think I would be in the sporties tribe. Maybe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.