Battle of the Superhero Jobbers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

harlemsushi
First off, let's define the boundaries of the contest. To me a Super Hero Jobber is any one in a long string of Super Hero bad guys that exist only to fight the hero of the comic, put the hero of the comic over, and pick up their paychecks at the end of the book. Super Hero Jobbers are not to be confused with supervillians such as Dr Doom, Juggernaut, Magneto, Galactus, Apcoalypse, Sinestro, Thanos, Darksied or other such individuals who actually have the possibility of pulling off world domination. These are theguys that pose a serious threat to the hero and should be treated with the fear they command. And also not to be confused with mindless beasts in the vein of Wendigo or Man-Bull. I've always wanted Marvel and/or DC to do something like this because as it works out I've always thought that the villians were far more interesting than the Super Heros of both universes. The set up will be this:

Dr. Doom is growing tired of the games & the business of World Domination. After the nearly successful Acts of Vengeance, he realizes that the best way to for him to rule the world would be the smartest idea he's ever had! It's something he's never thought of before. If Professor Xavier can have a super-powered team of heros at his beck and call, then Doom shall have one also! They will be known as the DOD(Disciples of DOOM)The first thing he decides he needs is a leader and a trainer for the team. Someone who is disciplined, well-trained, and whose subterfuges will not remain hidden from the good Doctor. Doom looks in his extensive files on all the people in marvel universe and compiles a rather short list that consists of one name: Taskmaster. Immediately he frees Taskmaster from prison and informs him of his intentions. Taskmaster is a bit wary of Doom but when Doom gives him an advance for his services, his wariness disappears. Taskmaster then suggests that invitations be sent out to various individuals to participate in a round robin tournament to determine who will be the new members of the DOD. Immediately Taskmaster rattles off some names to invite:

Crossbones, Pyro, Cottonmouth, The Wrecker, Avalanche, Mr Hyde, Trapster, Toad, Paladin, Sandman, Constrictor, Oddball, Tarantuala, Controller, Deadpool, Electro, Scorpion, Bulseye, Shocker, Blob, Whirlwind, Blizzard, Backlash

Fearing Taskmaster is naming his friends simply to give them jobs, he opens a dimensional portal to the DC universe and decides to invite some from there to.

What I want from all of you is for you to submit possible entries of who you would like to see Taskmaster invite. Then, for your eyes only, I will present a list of the finalists that are being invited and a blow for blow series of tournament matches between all the competitors.

See ya next time.

Tron
That's not a bad idea for a series there. Even though I know he's no Jobber (well he is now, thanks Suck Austen), I'd hire Juggernaut on that team in a heartbeat.

Tron
And the only DC villain I can think of putting on that team right now is Deathstroke.

ScarletSpider
I don't know if Paladin would fit. By definition, he's a mercenary, but he usually takes the "good guy" jobs, and has been an Avenger associate in the past.

And you forgot BATROC! ZE LEAPAIR!

Boomerang and Cyclone are also hired hands.

G-Judge333
*Judge bumb*

spidermonkey
What's a Judge bumb?

G-Judge333
where i bumbs a thread so it resurrects to the surface

TricksterPriest
This is a great idea. I'd grab Agent X, Bane, Azrael, Constantine Drakon, Lady Shiva and David Cain to the list.

Endless Mike
Absorbing man

Symmetric Chaos
Technically not a villian but:

Eternity (has he ever actually won at anything)

guy222
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Technically not a villian but:

Eternity (has he ever actually won at anything)

hmm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.