Why did Batman choose to leave his chin mouth and jaw unmasked?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punkyhermy
I think it's because he knows it's his best feature laughing out loud laughing eek!
LOL!
No seriously,what's the point of leaving it unmasked?

Mav
To talk?

ash007
yeah bbut spiderman got a mask and he can talk perfectly fine

moonwalker741
to breathe? his mask is made out of what? leather? it would be kind of hard to breathe and talk

Punkyhermy
Well the new Batgirl covers all her face.Does that mean it's difficult for her to breathe?

angelsflame265
I wanna know why robin only has that mask around his eyes. . that doesn't cover very much of his face

Punkyhermy
Yeah...

moonwalker741
well superman wheres blue pajamas and a cape, takes his glasses off, and turns his hair to the opposite direction, its a comic book

ash007
indeed lol very true

Cipher
He did it because he thought it would look cool?

Joker1237
Superman did it because he knows most if not all the people in town are blind.

I be walking in the street, Up in the sky, a bird a plane, no its Clark Kent. lol

manchichirtchit
i think it adds to the expression, especially when he is drawn or in a moving film. if you look at spider-man, the mask hides his true feelings (an advantage at some point). but what batman mostly feels is anger and vengeance so it would be logical to show at least half of his face for dramatic reasons.

Cipher
Makes sense.....

Punkyhermy
yeah...

CeO_v2
he leave his mask have done so he can kiss all the sassy cats, you dig?

ash007
holy crap he is back

Paola
^ who?

Punkyhermy
That's what I'd like to know!

manchichirtchit
oh god! please, NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Punkyhermy
WHAT ARE U TALKING ABOUT?!

Paola
I believe they're talking about a banned member......

manchichirtchit
some jerk wad that made like 50 socks. and here in KMC, we hate socks... except for the cute cotton ones with cartoon characters.

Paola
ok... he's not "him" so back on topic.............. batman

Punkyhermy
BATMAN RULES!

Mr Zero
Punk. Shhhhhhhh!

Punkyhermy
MAKE ME!!!!!!!!

GO BATSY!GO BATSY!GGGGGGGGGGOOOOOO BATSY!!!!!!!

F_doomed
CatWoman is Hot.
Make a Catwoman with carnage fan fic i would but i dont have Good Skills

pr1983
i think batman left his mouth unmasked because he wanted to retain some sort of humanity in his costume, so he would not appear as a total monster to people.

Stinger
Tue Guy gotta breath dont he?

Punkyhermy
so? Batgirl covers her entire face and has no problem beathing!

DarkCrawler
He wants to stick his tongue out for the people he has beaten!http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/dance.gif
(God I love that smilie...)

No, probably it is just easier to fight crime with that kind of mask.

Joker1237
With all the girls who find out who Batman is, Its getting to a point were Bruce Wayne does not even need to wear a mask any more lol.

mc pee pants
and to add to joker's point... it's kinda hard to mac on girls with your whole face covered. he's a scam and scram type of hero.

lifeisaglich
I think is to give him a presence where ever he goes. Because appart from the cape his face is the next thing the bad guy looks at. Imagine your just stole something and you are on your way home when suddenly the shape of an over sized bat passes over your head to land infront of you only to see a half demon thing and the other half is man. what do you do? you run a way that's what at least that is what i would do.

P.S. its good to be back.

Bat Dude
I think it could go either way, if you want a more dark and bat-looking Batman, you go with the whole face mask(when i draw him, that's what I do) or
if you want a more human-looking Batman, you go with the half mask.

Hegemon875
Kevlar, a type of aramid fiber (A strong, heat-resistant fiber formed of polymers with repeating aromatic groups branching from a carbon backbone, used in materials for bulletproof vests and radial tires. Also called polyaramid.)

Punkyhermy
oh cool

Paola
OMG!!!! HEGEMON!!! *faints*

and Batman is great and I think he left his mouth and chin unmasked 'cause..... 'cause..... who cares? Hegemon is here!!

Coley
Yeah, but that's a comic book. In real life you can't do the type of physical activity she does and still be able to catch your breath. For example: Tobey McGuire and his costume double both complained that they couldn't breath through the mask when they were doing normal scenes, let alone physical ones.

Bat Dude
But we're talking about comic books right?

WindDancer
Personally I think that Bob Kane felt that the character of Batman had to have an image of a bat and a man to scare evil doers. Maybe back in ol' days of comic strips a hero with a cover face showing no facial expression was consider too bandish. Who really knows?

Red Superfly
Batman was inspired by Zorro I believe - I think it was to give that kind of look. A dude in a mask. We can see a bit of his face but it ain't enough.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.