Zero Wastes His Breath

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Zero
Y'know what you guys need - other than a girlfriend and better skin - you need someone with good taste in comics to steer you towards the good stuff you may not have picked up. Someone who you have come to respect both as popular figure at KMC, an arbiter of good taste and fine judgement and someone who you look up to, maybe even consider a personal friend.

Tough, you don't got that, you got me.

I know you are all addicted to your "men-in-tights" super-books. Yay batman! Yay X-men! Yay those superfreaks - we all love them, but it's not the whole story - so once in a while I'm going to tell you what the real cool kids are reading, and if you can get over the fact that it doesn't have a chick with big ya-yas in a skin tight top in it, you might want to at least pick it up off the rack for a look see.

I wanted to call this thread "Let go of your dick for a second fanboy" but I figured Paola would shut me down - so instead we can call it "Zero wastes his breath" ("LGOYDFASF" for short.)

I'll post my first tip soon. Not sure what rag it will be, but you may want to try to prepare yourself for the fact that Venom probably wont be in it.

Shadow_King
i dunno zero this doesnt seem like a godd idea.

ragesRemorse
Yeah, your so called taste in comics in merely opininated. though i am not much of a comic cat anymore i believe most mainstream comics are just tired and recycled crap. I think the best comics worth reading are not from Marvel, or D.C. this is just my opinion though. I am not going to pass it off as good taste in comics. I am not an x-men fan or superman fan anymore, but i recognize that i ounce was,and everyone has their journey through the world of comics. Even die hard fanboy's will graduate to matured reading in comics one day. well most times they do, or just lose interest all together, or yes become the comic book guy from the simpsons.

i know your probably overflowing with sarcasm. I am not totaly disagreeing with you. There are many great comics at the comic shop, that some people wont touch because it isnt a revognizable superhero in tights. you have to remember though that many of the concepts in the more mature comics are not very relatable or just not comprehensive to younger comic fans, so they stick to spiderman and the x-men which keep giving the readers the same metaphors they have since the beginning. I htink the best tip to give someone is to just break away from standard comic companies and see what else their is.

Kontraz
i like dreamwave comics stick out tongue

Arachnoidfreak
OI!!!!! Well said! I never liked to stick to Marvel and DC. Really, they aren't even my favorite.

Mane
i personally dont like DC, but Marvel has always been a favorite of mine.

Punkyhermy
BATMAN ROCKS HARD!!!!!

Mr Zero
WTF? At least wait till i post something before you all start bleating like lost sheep.

Shooo! get out of my thread you bratty kids.

Punkyhermy
Okay then.I wanna hear what u have to say...

jetspike
i dont

Mr Zero
come back when you have an avitar noodle boy.

Mane
hahaha! "noodle boy"? well, Zero, you have some interesting insults.

jetspike
mr. zero has no balls.

Mane
like you would know what balls are...

Mr Zero
It's true -

But you're still calling me Mr.

aintcha noodle.

Eh?

ragesRemorse
I diddnt need to hear any of your arogant or biased opinions on comics. I got the point of your tunnel vision from your introduction.

Darth Jello
zero, you remind me of Newsgroup from bluntman and chronic, just don't start using the word "bollocks" every few words.
as for comics, i tend to stick to the people who actually are better writers: kevin smith, Anne Nocenti, Frank Miller, Brian Bendis, David Mack, and Alan Moore in the tights and fights realm, Jhonen Vasquez Tom Tomorrow, and Robert Crumb for other comics, and Elizabeth Wurtzel (whom I've met and is an incredibly nice person), Gabriel Garcia Marquez, George Orwell, Auldus Huxley, Samuel Beckett, William Shakespeare, and JD Salinger for traditional literature

Magee
Mr Zero i see ur point. But ur arogance makes me wanna rip ur head off smile

Mane
i dont see his point...but yeah, i still want to rip his head off.

Magee
Yea actualy i dont either. People can read whatever comics they want, and if u dont like that, then who cares?

ScarletSpider
I read mostly Marvel and a couple DC titles. Regretfully I haven't much explored the realm of independant titles for mostly one reason. I can't find a shop around me, within a reasonable distance, that carries them. The one shop that I rely upon for my regular stuff has been losing money on comics, so now you have to be on a special list and they hold specific comics for you monthly. Jesus Christ monkey balls.

Mr Zero
Jesus Christ monkey balls I love this thread. Imagine the rancour if I'd not cleaned my post up and made it all user friendly first!?!?!

who?-kid
Pff, Mr Zero, are you still going to post your tip (the world is holding it's breath) or are you going to annoy us all to death ?

ScarletSpider
He seems to be doing the latter.

Mr Zero
Be still my clamouring public - I will post the first one later today once I get a moment to myself.

It will be available in regular KMC format, and also in a special signed and numbered edition with a sketch cover and holographic stamp seal of authenticity.

Mane
shut up. why dont you let go of YOUR dick for second...no one cares what you think except you.

Mr Zero
You have issues.

Dario Argento
HAHA... laughing This thread is GREAT...

Hr nul, please tell what to read.

BTW, has anyone here read Ghost World?

Mane
oh read this! Mr Zero says i have issues...go figure.

Mr Zero
Ghost world and just about everything else by Dan Clowes, Eightball is a must buy.

I'll be shoving his stuff down the throats of all concerned at a later date.

Punkyhermy
Come one post your tip already!!!
I wanna see if u praising yourself is worth it!

Mane
are you serious? his praising is never worth it. he is arrogant and stupid, and he has a biased opinion about everything.

what do you expect from someone who lives in a land deviod of dentistry and hygiene...

Joker1237
He has his own delusions of the comic world I guess.

But I with Magee here, People can read what ever they want. There are many people against Harry Potter, Which I think is a very cool book, But if there is something I dont like, I wont go out of my way to stop people from reading it. Its there money and they do what they want.

Mr Zero

Mane
mmm, no thanks. that looks queerer than you, Zero...

who?-kid
Not bad, but I already read that a long time ago. "Persepolis" by Marjane Satrapi is much more moving than Maus.

Don't get me wrong, Maus is great, and I recommend it to everybody, but you picked something that's quite old. But of course, that doesn't make it any less great (notice I use the word great, not the word brilliant).

Mr Zero
Let me clear something up (for everyone) - this isnt a thread where Im going to get into a conversation justifying what i pitch up for public consideration. This isnt somewhere I'm going to be paying any attention to anything other than my favourite sound - IE that of my own sweet voice.

Feel free to use it as a platform to look like seven shades of butthole if thats what you want tho dude - I'm getting paid $40 an hour to sit back and watch: have a ball - knock yourself out.

Mr Zero
You know I'm embarrassed to say that despite looking at Persepolis several times i've yet to buy it. I will rectify that next week and let you know what i think, thanks for the tip.

who?-kid
No problem.

Darth Jello
are you f*cking teaching an english class you arrogant prick?
and what's this about being paid?
and furthermore, who the f*ck gives you the right to look down your nose at other people who you don't even know through baseless stereotypical assumptions (which many of us don't fit in the least I might add).

Mr Zero
Can I just say that this post makes me damp eyed with joy.

Mr Zero
Am I right in thinking that you're all ranty, bitter and swearing because you were hoping I'd post a picture of myself naked? Calm down - maybe next time.

And mind your language, it's disgraceful.

natalya719
Darth Jello...theres no need to be mean. Really, Zero isn't that bad happy

Mr Zero
Thanks hot-stuff.

natalya719
Anytime wink

ash007
mmm indeed very interesting. But i am afraid to admit the only comic which i have read outside the Field is Watchman wink .

who?-kid
Watchmen is brilliant. Nothing more, nothing less, just brilliant. It's being filmed right now, and they probably mess it up big time.

Punkyhermy
Wait.This was a joke right?I'm sorry but I found this extremely dissapointing. blink

Mr Zero
What do you want? BLOOD????

Punkyhermy
No.Just something....worthwhile.

Stormy Day
maus-hysterical,but what did you expect from Mr. Zero?

Mr Zero
Whiney you have no idea what Maus is - you would have mocked me no matter what.

And thats as it should be.

Mane
face it, not every one has your pig-headed taste in comics. so quit trying to shove them down our throats.

this thread was aptly named.

Paola
are you done with this?

Mr Zero
It was going to be an ongoing thing with me posting ideas once in a while - but its become a stream of hate so you can kill it if you like ...

my poor sad little thread.

Punkyhermy
There,there Mr.Zero everything will be okay!

haha was that soothing enough?
LOL!!!!

Mane
shut up Punky. your just as biased as he is when it comes to comics.

please close this thread...

Paola
sure Mr. Zero?

Mr Zero
Seriously ? You think that by being deliberately offensive in a thread you can have it closed down... ?

Screw closing the thread - just ban this crybaby.

Punkyhermy
You know, you could have pointed that out in a more civilized manner...but it was not unexpected of u to choose to state it that way.

Mr Zero
Not me sweetpea -Im never rude.

You know thats a huge lie - right?

Punkyhermy
I edited that...it was sorta offensive...

Mr Zero
and i edited my quote - so no-one will ever know.

ScarletSpider
Lol, that's sort of ironic. Oh how I chuckle.

Mane
"crybaby"? way to show the maturity of a third grader. why should i be banned? all you ever do is bash members and act like you know everything. you think you somehow know everything there is to know about comics when in fact youre no different than the ones you call "fanboys" who (as you say) have an obsession with "holding their dick". ingorance is ****ing bliss.

Arachnoidfreak
Well, Mr. Zero is just about everything but ignorant. Arrogant? Sure. A prick? Of course. Sarcastic? Absolutely. Ignorant? Nope.

Mane
hmm...ill believe that when i see it glare

Darth Jello
i like cows....
cause they moo moo moo
and they chew chew chew

Mane
wtf dude,,,

Paola
laughing all right people you had your fun.

Mr Zero: don't open threads like this anymore

closing...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.