If you had these choices.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
Would you rather....

~ Be able to bring about a lasting world peace, or eliminate all hunger and disease?

~ Always have to say everything on your mind or never speak again?

~ Have sex with the person you hate for the rest of your life, or never have sex again?

~ Overthrow a dictatorship or lead one?

~ Know it all or have it all?

~ Be forgotten by everyone completely, when you die, or be remembered for something bad?

Any thoughts? If you had to pick one...and no ''id have/do'' both cos it defeats the purpose...

Then when you pick one, give a reason why you picked that one?

burlyman
eek! You did this before yonks ago eek!

silver_tears
Hunger and disease, because then without money going into fighting this, we can use that money to promote world peace and help other countries, so there is no need for war.

What if you hate someone of the same sex confused

Say everything on your mind, being forced to hold everything in for the rest of your life is torture.

Overthrow one because I would much rather be remembered for being great.

Know it all, because you can't really buy knowledge. smart

Be remembered, because being forgotten completely defeats the purpose of your life.

Fitch
bring about a lasting world peace(I like peace)
Always have to say everything on your mind(I do that already)
Have sex with the person you hate for the rest of your life(I hate many beautyful girls big grin)
Overthrow a dictatorship(I like the action more)
have it all(I wanna live my life,not to know what's best in it)
Be forgotten by everyone completely(don't care after..)

LoneWolf
Eliminate all hunger and disease - Hunger and disease are a bigger problem I think than war

Always say everything on my mind - It'd drive me crazy never being able to speak again

Never have sex again - Well I'd rather never sex than have sex for the rest of my life with the person I hate the most

Overthrow a dictatorship - Sounds much more fun

Know it all - With knowledge you can gain wealth with which you may gain it all

Be forgotten by everyone completely - I'm gonna be dead I couldn't care less if people remember me

Dexx
~ neither..really
~never speak again
~Have sex with the person you hate for the rest of your life
~Overthrow
~Know it all (true power)
~Be forgotten by everyone( i don't think i'll care if i'm remembered, after i'm dead....selfish, i know smile )

Dexx
awh you've gotta be kidding..really smile
when did you find out the purpose of life?

yerssot
there is no purpose stick out tongue

Dexx
even if there WOULD....i doubt it's achieved AFTER the life ends...like in the case of having to be remembered.

lil bitchiness
Not everyone sees their life as worthless Dexx.

silver_tears
I don't know about you guys, but one of my many purposes is to leave a lasting impression on someone in my lifetime. Being completely forgotten is as if you never lived in the first place.

lil bitchiness
Exactly!

I dont like to think my existance is pointless.

silver_tears
Especially since I doubt many of us will be put into history books, or other sources because of our greatness, it's nice to know you left an impression on someone anyways.

lil bitchiness
Take a look at Hitler.

He is remembered by someting bad, he changed the attitudes and the world, in not so great way, and he is rememberd.

No matter how you view Hitler, he made a difference, and his existance was far from pointless.

yerssot
thin line

silver_tears
Proving a point stick out tongue

Evy_O
~ Be able to bring about a lasting world peace, or eliminate all hunger and disease?---- Eliminate all hunger and disaase.

~ Always have to say everything on your mind or never speak again? --- Always have to say everything in my mind.

~ Have sex with the person you hate for the rest of your life, or never have sex again?--- Have sex with the person I hate the most (PS: I don't hate anyone stick out tongue But if I did, same aswer).

~ Overthrow a dictatorship or lead one? -- Overthrow

~ Know it all or have it all? --- Know it all, of course!

~ Be forgotten by everyone completely, when you die, or be remembered for something bad? ---- Forgotten.

Dexx
yes..so you'd rather be hitler, than be forgotten...that's just simply TOO silly to comment.

And it says a lot about your so called purpose in life....which is different for everyone, btw. Meaning i am far from viewing life as pointless..simply because i don't share this superficial, i might say, goal.

BackFire
Eliminate Hunger and disease. World peace is a pipe dream and is impossible. There will always be evil psychos trying to hurt as many people as possible.

I actually do say almost everything that's on my mind now, so this question is null and void.

I'd have sex with the person I hate, as long as she was really really hot.

Overthrow, alot less responsability in doing that.

I already do know it all, so I'd like to have it all.

I'd rather be remembered for a bad deed....and that deed would be shooting Joan Rivers in the face. But, it would be arguable that that deed isn't actually bad.

silver_tears
Precisely how is this superficial?
It would be so, if we wanted to be remembered for our looks roll eyes (sarcastic)
And another thing, she did not say Hitler in specific, she said for doing something bad, there are certain degrees of that, not everyone commits mass murders to be remembered roll eyes (sarcastic)

and we are not forcing our viewpoints on you, but that may be a purpose to our life, to be remembered, that does not mean you have to think the same way.

BackFire
I really can't fathem the purpose of life being being remembered. In all honesty I'd definately rather be forgotten then commit a bad act that would hurt someone else.

The fear of being forgotten is and old fear, that probably plauges everyone at some point or another. The thing is, you can't really allow that too throw logic out the window and corrupt you into think that doing a bad deed and being remembered is actually better then living a good life and being forgotten.

I don't think that just because you don't care whether or not you are remembered means that you think that your life is pointless, that's ignorant to the point of being offensive. The real purpose of life, is to be happy, that's what it comes down too in the end. And how will being remembered when you are dead make you happy? You won't even know if you are remembered or not, you'll be in the ground rotting away.

Everyone wants to be remembered in some way or another, but if you really want to be remembered, you should find a talent and use that to become famous and be remembered for something good. Or just take alot of photographs and so in a way you can live on forever.

Alot of you think that not caring about what people think about you in the future, after your dead makes your life pointless, I think it's the exact oposite. If that what defines you're happiness in life, what people think of you after you're dead and gone, then that means your current life is pretty pointless, because you should be worrying more about what is going on in your life now.

silver_tears
What if people think negatively of you while you lived your life without doing one bad thing, and you are unable to defend yourself because you are dead. That's just as bad as commiting a bad deed and being remembered for it.

I care what people think of me, and hell call me vain, but it's a human instinct, obviously you want people to like and appreciate you, and remember you. And of course I won't be going out of my way to do bad deeds to be remembered, but I would much rather be remembered for some trivial small bad thing, then not remembered at all, this doesn't mean I am off to commit mass murder roll eyes (sarcastic)

lil bitchiness
Ok, first and foremost, not everyones purpose in life is to be happy. If you read Stoics, Epicureans and Sceptics theories, they all give different account to whats the purpose in life, you may speak for yourself, but not ''everyone'' since you dont know that.

Second of all you dont know what happenes when you die for sure, therefore you cant say that either.

Not remembering me when im gone, for me would mean that i have done nothing worth while in my entire life! Maybe to you it isnt, i dont know,i dont care, but for me, thats how it is.

Hitler, or Mussolinin or Stalin all had a goal in mind, to change or improve one thing or another, it only happens that they are remembered for something bad.

Fire
~ Be able to bring about a lasting world peace, or eliminate all hunger and disease?

First one, cause it might result in the second some day, and the first is more important.

First, I'd hate it if I coudln't talk anyomore and I usualy speak my mind already

~ Have sex with the person you hate for the rest of your life, or never have sex again?
bit of a hard choice, and I don't really hate anyone

~ Overthrow a dictatorship or lead one?
Overthrow a dictatorship. Power to the ppl long live Democracy

~ Know it all or have it all?
Know it all, knowledge is more important than wealth, and knowledge leads to wealth big grin

~ Be forgotten by everyone completely, when you die, or be remembered for something bad?

Be forgotten, I don't care.

BackFire
Silv - The fact is, if anyone is going to remember you after you are dead, the bad deed you do can't be trivial, people won't remember a trivial thing. The only really bad deed that will garantee people remembering you, is killing many people.

Lil - You're right, I don't know what happens when we die. But the fact remains, if you do do something bad to be remembered, that is breaking laws of just about every religion out there. Not only for conciously doing bad deeds, but the reason you are doing them would be extremely selfish and vein. Therefor, you would almost garantee a spot in hell should you do something like that. Either way, it's not the right attitude to have.

Also, all those tyrants you spoke of were obviously insane, and are only remembered for killing alot of innocent people for their evil propoghanda.

steely balls
I would rather prefer to eliminate all hunger and disease. That way i wont have to wear a rubber, Yippeeeeeeee.

lil bitchiness
Yes, I agree!

But I found it difficult to just pick one...remebered/forgoten...i found it difficult to pick one...i dont want to remebered for bad things, but i dont want to be forgoten either. I guess that was my point..

Dexx
it's superficial because you'd limit your life purpose merely to being remembered.
You interact with people everyday...ofcourse you'll be remembered. AS an historical figure or simply by your family, it doesn't matter. It's how you're remembered, that matters. That's why the hitler line is way off course wink
It's what you do with your life that counts...the remembering is a mere effect to that.

Ushgarak
I agree. Probably more good work for this world has been done by forgotten people than remembered ones. Do you think they would think that their work was pointless because no-one remembers who they are? I doubt that, that would merely be selfishness.

Besides, how many people are truly going to be remembered, forever? The future is a big place. Memory is fleeting and counts for little- but achievement, objectively, lasts for all time.

Xena fan
pointless thread thumb down

Should be closed.

The only intellegint posts came from BackFire.

Fire
why should this be closed, it isn;'t pointless it is a nice debate and ppl haven't gone nuts, it hasn't gone over a 100 posts and is off topic so this will prolly remain open

Dexx
there are multiple inteligent posts, xenafan, if you can accept different views than your own, on the subject

Xena fan
It is just my opinion that this thread is pointless. BackFire ( who is a real moderator ) has been leniant so far. He has been kind to this and if he closest this, it would be a wise decision.

Fire
it would be against the forum rules. and I dont think BF will close this

Dexx
why mention moderators...we all talk in here, moderator or not...No need to close it, if there's nothing wrong with it....so no-one's making us a service by keeping it open.

Fire
it won't be closed it didn't break any rules

Evy_O
yeah why is it pointless? messed

yerssot
I find you mentioning BF as a "real mod" to troll Fire annoying yes

Fire
well it is slightly annoying, but I reckon she means global moderator by it.

Ushgarak
If you want to discuss a thread to be closed, Xena, do it in private, NOT in the thread- that is a waste of everyone's time.

As it is- no, there is absolutely no chance of this thread being closed based on the posts so far.

BackFire
Yeah...I can't see any reason why this thread should be closed.... It's developed some very good, honerable discussion by everyone involved...

lil bitchiness
Oh, I just noticed, everyone so far said that they would 'overthrow' dictatorship rather than lead one...

I dont know aobut that one...i think i might want to lead one rather than overthrow...when i do overthrow it, there still someone has to come in that dictators palce...might as well be me

embarrasment

Ushgarak
Open up a thread to tell us what Lilbitchland would be like...

yerssot
if you overthrow a dictatorship, it doesn't need to be followed up by a new dictatorship though

BackFire
How intriguing...

lil bitchiness
Actually....i just might!! wink

lil bitchiness
true that...very true...

But id still wouldnt mind leading one...erm wouldnt you want to lead one, if you had the chance?

yerssot
if the dictator bans all chocolates or waffles, heck, I would take up against his entire empire myself!

lil bitchiness
Nah, that would be a crime in itself...
mmmmmmmmmmmm waffles drool...I shall make a thread about B!tchland, like Ush suggested and what it would be like...laughing out loud

yerssot
and I'll prepare myself for leading the uprise against you wink

silver_tears
I wouldn't mind leading one, but power corrupts so I would much rather overthrow one, then have mine overthrown embarrasment

lil bitchiness
No one shall overthrow mine...with the team im getting together!! happy

Barf Heaven
Bring about world peace. It is one thing when people die of their natural enemies, it is another thing entirely when people kill each other.

Always have to say everything on my mind. Staying silent for the rest of my life, never being able to speak my opinions, that would be torture.

Never have sex again. Having to sleep with the person I hate most... It's demeaning, in a way.

Overthrow a dictatorship, definitely.

Know it all. Material things are trivial. Knowledge is the door to wisdom. (god I sound like a friggin buddhist monk or something...)

Depends on how bad the thing I was remembered for was...

lil bitchiness
Wow...good response....very true. I dont know if i would have picked it but...thats very true! thumb up

Krabs55
peace , saying everything on my mind so i wouldnt have to think it, remembered ....i rather be remembered, have sex bc you know they still could be good in bed, overthrow.....want to great, know it all bc it can get you to have it all !

silver_tears
People are sexual beings, that in itself is torture erm

lil bitchiness
Old thread blink

I think I would rather keep scilent for the rest of my life then say EVERYTHING on my mind. A wise man said, that the scilence is golden. Always saying whats on your mind isnt a good idea, it could lose you friends, jobs...etc.

Devalion
The first one....or the one where everyone forgets me when I die!

silver_tears
What's the point of being able to talk if you can't laughing out loud

lil bitchiness
The question is:

And my answer is:

Never speak again. For the reason i gave above.

silver_tears
Still would be torture no expression not being able to comment on any thing eek

yerssot
yeah, for women it has to be hell

silver_tears
you're a pig yerss

yerssot
I thought I was a pisces

(The Joker, Batman)

silver_tears
no, a pig it is

lil bitchiness
Yeah, it would be, but it doesnt mean you couldnt communicate anymore. However, saying EVERYTHING on your mind, could, as i mentioned above, cause you the loss of friends, jobs, relationship ruiner...etc.

Some things are better off not said.

yerssot
one day I'll upgrade to a swine no expression

silver_tears
good luck with that

and it depends what kind of things you say erm

yerssot
I want apples and mud to roll in confused

lil bitchiness
Yeah, you're right erm But we assume you say all you think...as in everything on your mind...confused

yerssot
ok, I was thinking of the combo strawberries and whipped cream instead of the mud no expression

silver_tears
I say alot of whats on my mind now embarrasment I'm very opinionated big grin
But I guess you're right, like if you had a huge secret and it was on your mind or something erm

pottermad

mikeysgothicgur
~ Be able to bring about a lasting world peace: It's impossibl to eliminate world hunger and disease because, once you eliminated it, it would just show up again in time. With bringing world peace, things in the world would be so much better and it would be much more enjoyable.

~ Always have to say everything on your mind- It would be to hard for me to never talk again, I love to talk. Plus, I speak ALMOST everything on my mind already.

~ never have sex again -Don't get me wrong I love sex I'm a horney teenagerbig grinwink but, if I really had to I could live without sex. ...Maybe... D@mn that one is a hard choice to make!

~ Overthrow a dictatorship -I never want to lead anything but my band while perfoming.

~ Know it all -I would never want it all, I'd leave it for people who really NEED it.

~ Be forgotten by everyone completely, when you die -It will happen when I die anyways.

~Angel~
~ Be able to bring about a lasting world peace, because without war, we could focus on fixing more problems.

~ Always have to say everything on your mind. ...I don't have to say it at an audible volume, do I? Plus, I usually don't have that much on my mind...it would only bore people. I don't think it would scare people away.

~ Never have sex again, I would rather find true love than be with a person I hate.

~ Overthrow a dictatorship...much more fun.

~ Know it all, then people would come to be for advice, and people might actually start to listen to me. big grin

~ Be remembered for something bad...but only if it isn't "Hitler" bad, and if people would change for the better by learning from my mistakes. Otherwise, I'd rather be forgotten.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.