Hard Rock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord_Andres
Anyone into Hard Rock here?, or are just everyone into rap? i personaly don't get rap, I mean they don't sing well, they have bad melodies in the songs, i mean with all that the songs is total grabage period, anyway I'm personaly into 80's hard rock like John Norum, Fate, Europe, Scorpions, aso. what are your favorites? and toughts about Hard Rock?

Fearnix
I like Hard Rock

Lord_Andres
thats good, what kind of bands to you like in the genre?

Fearnix
White Snake and Europe are two very kool ones

finti
My fav hard rock band is Deep Purple

Fearnix
Deep Purple rock

Darth Revan
Dude... read through the forum before you make the assumption that everybody likes hip hop here... There are only a few hip hop threads and a whole lot of rock ones.

ElectricBugaloo
hahahahaha

80s hard rock sucked hardcore

moshtitan
some was good, but some wasnt.

finti
Rainbow was good

SlipknoT
Anthrax
GNR
Quiet Riot
can really think of any others

Lord_Andres
There where ALOT better bands in the 80's then there are today, band like
Bon Jovi
Survivor
Return
Bonfire
Guns 'n Roses
Def leppard
Asia
Danger Danger
Firehouse

all pretty much better the todays bands!

moshtitan
than todays hard rock bands maybe.

SlipknoT
I only like Guns 'n Roses out of that list

Df02
and i only like Def Leppard

Darth Revan
I hate Bon Jovi beyond the physical comprehension of most people's minds.... no expression

And why were so many 80's bands named after geographical locations? blink

GNR and Def Leppard are the only good bands off that list yes

finti
Return???? I hope you aint refering to that group from Norway sick sick sick sick
aint too many hard rock band on that list though, most is pop rock besides GNR and Def Leppard. Asia was pretty much prog rock

Lord_Andres
Yeah I was refering to the Norwaigan band alright, any of you ever heard Firehouse? if not it sure has hell will be one of your favorite bands, go check'em out, and Return rock!

Lord_Andres
alright maybe not all of the bands where hard rock on that list, but melodic rock thats for sure smile

Evil Dead
when I think of hard rock, I think of one album........Appetite for Destruction by Guns N Roses. It wasn't punk....it wasn't metal...it was somewhere in between and the best rock album of the decade.

Df02
ok, so What category do Van Halen fall under?....i usually just list all these stupid 80's bands together lol

Evil Dead
Van Halen........just regular ol' rock...........there was nothing hard about them.

Df02
mmmm spandex....there was definately sumthing hard about me....... blink whistle

lol

finti
one of the most sorry excuse of bands ever to come out of Norway, they are just laughable bad.

"bye bye johnny bye bye its not your fault that you die" sick sick sick

If you claim Return rock you actually lost all creditability when it comes to musical knowledge, and in this case it aint a matter of opinion it is a fact.
wont say anything about the other bands you listed but Return laughing out loud laughing out loud

Lord_Andres
They have alot of very good songs I'l name a few

The Day After
Room In Your Life
Change The Attitude
To The Top
Tonight
United In A Scream
Lonley
Forever You And Me
The Loner
all great songs! and thats a fact

Df02
none of this is fact....its just 2 ppl arguing, and saying theyre opinions are fact to try one-up the other person lol

finti
I remeber when they fiirst appeared on the music scene, man we giggled our asses off on how lousey they were in singing English lyrics.
I can tell what part of Norway they are from just listening to them singing. I am ashamed to say I come form the same country as them

Bad Boy
Hard Rock is pure cheese! I mean, John Norum!!!!!

finti
well Europe was far better with him on guitar, but I agree the hard rock scene of the 80`s was laughable with the exception of Ac/Dc, thank god for the NWOBHM of the 80`s
(well at least some of them)

slasherpunk18
thumb up

Deathblow
The 80's was the worst decade since...ever. All of those bands are bad. The best two things to come out of the 80's were Pixies and Nine Inch Nails, and very little else.

ElectricBugaloo
yeah, there wasn't much good in teh 80s music scene.

finti
as of for the 80`s, U2 was good, Talk Talk was good, Metallica was good, Iron Maiden was good, Black Sababth with Dio was good, John Mellencamp was good, Killing Joke was good, Madness was good , The Cult was good, the Damned was good.........but then again MTV came and change the musicscene totally, if you looked good you could be an artist even if the musically ability was totally absent

Lord_Andres
all of the bands I listed were better then those bands you just named finti

finti
laughing out loud laughing

Lord_Andres
you know they all are, they sing better, better guitar solo's, better melodies, better everything smile

Bad Boy
I'm with Finti on this one!

Bad Boy
Apart from Dio

finti
not Dio alone, Dio when he sang for Sabbath

Lord_Andres
Just a few quastions finti, do you honestly think that, ozzi,Bruce Dickenson,and James Hetfield sing better then Joey Tempest(Europe) C.J. Snare(Firehouse) and John Norum? and what about guitar play?, do you think Zakk Wylde, Kirk Hammett, Dave Murray/Adrian Smith play better then, John Norum(Europe/John Norum), Bill Leverty (Firehouse), Matthias Eklundh(Fate) and Yngwie Malmsteen? "your" guitar guys play in NO way better then the one I just named and you know it, also the bands I listed got a alot better lyrics in most of their songs, also better melodies!

Bad Boy
They might be better guitarists, but they write PURE CHEESE!!!!!!!

Lord_Andres
No they don't, and they also sing better

finti
yes I do and John Norum plays guitar and uses hired in vocalists for his albums the likes of Glenn Hughes and for your info Ozzy didnt sing in Sabbath in the eighties it was the Dio records I refered too

I dont rate Kirk Hammet as all that great a guitarist, but Murray and Smith are just as good if not better than most you mentioned with the exception of Yngvie.
Europe better lyrics?????? laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud "We`re heading for venus and still we stand tall" If it is one thing about Europe it is their lack of writing good lyrics. Compare to some of the band I listed such as U2, Black Sabbath(with dio on vocals), Iron Maiden and John Cougar Mellencamp. About John I bet you havent heard too much of his material at all

Lord Andres come back in some year when you had a little more experience within listening to music then we maybe "compare notes"
I fell for some simple poprock music too when I was a teen

Lord_Andres
you must be stupit finit if you think, Matthias Eklundh(Fate) isint a good guitarist, I bet you have never heard Fate at all, and also firehouse writes good lyrics, check this one out

LOVE OF A LIFETIME
Firehouse

I guess the time was right for us to say
We'd take our time and live our lives together day by day
We'll make a wish and send it on a prayer
We know our dreams can all come true
With love that we can share

With you I never wonder - Will you be there for me
With you I never wonder - You're the right one for me

Chorus:
I finally found the love of a lifetime
A love to last my whole life through
I finally found the love of a lifetime
Forever in my heart, I finally found the love of a lifetime

With every kiss our love is like brand-new
And every star up in the sky was made for me and you
Still we both know that the road is long
(But) We know that we will be together
Because our love is strong

Chorus

finti
coming from one who regard Return as a good band says it all.
Matthias Eklund doesnt impress me at all his material is sooooooooooo done before. Frist time I heard Fate you werent even born yet. Fate is sooooo Scandinavian sounding so dull,
And if you wanna impress with lyrics dont post cheesy love songs

Lord_Andres
what are talking about? its a good lyric for pete sakes

Broken_Johnson
No offense, Lord_Andres, but those lyrics were pretty bad O.o

As far as Hard Rock goes, I like Deep Purple, White Snakes, GNR, Sabbath, and bands like that... not crap like Firehouse

Bad Boy
These lyrics are diabolical.

Band's like Europe (I grew up listening to them btw) just have intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, cheesy guitar solo, bridge, chorus, chorus. Then added with corny lyrics with and immense douse of reverb all over the place!

I used to like stuff like this, but until you go out and explore music, you look back and see how bad it really is!!!

And Finti, Dio is just...... wrong!

Lord_Andres
fine you guys come with better lyrics, anyway ever heard a band called Dare?

Lord_Andres
A few John Norum lyrics, quite good IMO

"Eternal Flame"

There was a small (???) looking down at me
She kept on asking "where do you wanna be?"
I thought about it and I told her to wait
She said it was okay "but don't wait too long"I cried "what if I can't make up my mind?"
She said "into the fire you go"Into eternal flamesInto the fire
Into the eternal fire Suddenly, there was a big black shape
It came to me and said "come on let's go"I said "wait a minute you can't do this to me"He looked back and said "too late"
I've waited to long and I'm dyingInto the fire I go
Into the eternal flameInto the fire I go
Into the eternal flame I am dreamingall of the emotion is gone and I have to go
Into the fire I go
Into the eternal flame
Into the fire I go
Into the eternal flame.

Love Is Meant... (To Last Forever)

You are my best friend and I will try to understand
The moment, believe meI'll be there, so just take my hand
Coz I know that we were meant for each other
Don't you run for me
Coz I make you see Love is meant to last forever
Oh yeah Love is meant to last forever I never thought you could leave me and I belive (???) Now that it's overI realize I'm the one to blame Hey listen, I know things will get better
So hold on to me coz I make you see
Love is meant to last forever
Is it too hard to understand?
Why can't you hold on to love?
Is it too hard to understand?
Why can't you hold on to love?

Bad Boy
Eternal flame, love, passion, blah blah blah all go into the hard rock cliches. All you need is for him to end every sentence with 'yeah baby'. Throw some viking stories and more cheesy love stories and your name is John Norum, Joey Tempest, David Coverdale or Neville MacDonald.

You want well thought out, meaningful, thought-provoking lyrics? Check out UnderOath, Poison The Well, Placebo, Propergandi, Give Up The Ghost, As True Life Tied big grin or Feeder!

Lord_Andres
whats wrong with viking stories? and check out Dare

Bad Boy
Viking stories are beyond cliches dude!!!!

eezy45
oh yes roll eyes (sarcastic) and today's rock is great

Metallica rock okay, rather Metal.

Iron Maiden rock stick out tongue

Krissy Von Doom
Def Leppard = underrated

Lord_Andres
don't know about that, but what I do know is that "Dare" is heavyly underrated, you should check'em out, and if its possible try to get your hands on their secound cd called "Blood From The Stone" but all the others are very good too

Alpha Centauri
On the guitarist debate at the top of the page, Yngwie Malmsteen may very well have been a blinding technical guitarist, as is Steve Vai etc.

Technically better than Hetfield, Hammett and those others mentioned. However, the latter are more suitable musically to make songs. They are more broad and cover a wider spectrum of variety.

I personally believe James Hetfield is the greatest Rhythm Guitarist of all time.

-AC

finti
well he wouldnt make my top list as rhythm guitarist. I find him nothing but mediocre, but then again the guitarsists of Metallica never really got under my skin either with the exception of Cliff Burton. Nothing spectacular to me.
Agree with your view that Malmsteens material is better suited for instrumentals rather than song material

Bad Boy
Finti, Cliff Burton was an amazing bassit! Being someone who can actually play the bass, you would actually have a better knowlege how better someone is at an instrument you know much about. No offense mate, but from what I know, you cant play an instrument, but trust me, this was a genious at playing it!!!

finti
actually I aint sure where you going with this cause I said with the ecxeption off Clif Burton cause I think he was remarkable. I might have missunderstood your meaning here Bad Boy, guess I did and I am sorry if I did, might as weel be that my post was unclear as well. Well sorry for that too. Cliff Burton was a ****** amazing basist. (and I do se that the nothing remarkable to me didnt got edited out.........me bad)

Oh and I can play the flute and piano, so in my hayday(teen years) I did some flute playing and some keyboarding besides being one of the leadvocal/ backing vocal part in a band (early 80s boys).

And BB no offense taken at all........go Barry Town eek! big grin

Bad Boy
Barry Town..... never let you down................... bah, relegation!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.