What do you think about politicians ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Papaumau
http://www.internetbumperstickers.com/images/d03/diaper.gif

Or do you not give-a-damn ?

finti
bunch or pricks

shellie
politicians are liars , some are just better at it then others .

Evy_O
some are good, some are bad... mostly bad and liars ... and even bad liars stick out tongue

but you can't say all are like that, this would be a generalization

Fire
I don't know too much of foreign politicians to be able to make a statement about that. But the belgian ones I do know quite well, some are bad and some are good, in general politicians don't get a lot of credit in Belgium, IMO they don't get enough credit. We have a very complex system of government which doesn't make it easy to run this country. Most politicians do a great job, I don't agree with all of them on everything what they do. But it's going the right way most of the time.

Darth Revan
no expression

SaTsuJiN
well its all about picking the least bad of the two bad ones... unless its bush.. then you'll get a recount no matter how it turns out.. :sigh: he did ok and all.. but for the most part he made us look really stupid, which was unfair.

Tptmanno1
Accually I like politicians, and sstrangly thats what i kinda wanna be.

finti
so you dont have high goals in your life then eek!

Ghetto Goblin
i think...

Ghetto Goblin
no i am just joking, i just wanted to put that somewhere.

Tptmanno1
shaddup!

Mr Parker
Well said Evy.

Evy_O
thank you smile

ragesRemorse
poloticians are nothing more than educated lier's. Any time a potentialy good politician comes along with non-conventional ideas and compassion for doing whats best for the people. they always get hrown out of office in disgrace from some trivial incriminating shit, or they just get assasinated. this goes for public speakers and motivators aswell.

ash007
yeah but who cares

i know they lie and so do alot of people but we still manage to vote for them wink

amity75
Every single politician (except maybe Nelson Mandela) is in it for themselves and doesn't give a shit for anyone else.

Drifter101
i think theyre a bunch of douches

lil bitchiness
They all want the same thing...money and power...what can you think of people like that?

Power is best in the hands of those who dont want it.

Darth Revan
I don't mind the concept of a politician in and of itself, it's just that (almost) all the ones we have today are a lot of lying, moronic assmouths. smile

Papaumau
Well.....part from one of you...who want's to be a politician...STREWTH ?, most of you are of the opinion that they are a waste of time and money.

So, if this is the case, who would we put into power to run the country and to make laws and protect us from unjust laws if we sacked them all ?

OK...I know that politicians are mostly in it for what they can get out of it in the short time that they are in office....But I don't think that is all that surprising really as even if they get in for three or four terms they are always STILL going to be part-timers.

I think that politicians are only there so that they can make powerful friends that will give them lucrative jobs when they are finally kicked out of office...as they ALL ARE, eventually.

It's also not surprising really that they don't often do anything worth-while while they are in office as it is all short-term smoke and mirrors anyway.

Mr Parker
Unfortuanately that is so true.

Julie
I think that very few politicians truly know how to do their jobs...
they can't please everyone, most love the power more than the constituent

Papaumau
The bane of the politician is the party whip !

For those that don't know what this is, it is a line of coercion among the party-faithful that forces individual politicians within that party to toe the party-line.

Many politicians might want to vote with their consciences or in the way that they think their constituents would want them to but if a whip is placed on a particular vote then they are not allowed to do either of these things.

As far as I see it, party-politics is the ruination of democracy and it makes clones and mindless slaves out of decent politicians.

queeq
"Wipe them out, all of them"

Papaumau
Sounds easy Queeq...but if you did that who would run the country and who would ensure that your freedoms are protected ?

botankus
The popular thing to say is "they suck!" or some clever, well-thought-out remark like that, when it comes to politicians. But even for the honest ones, you have to remember that the hundreds of thousands of people they are representing all have different views and it's impossible for your platform to address all the needs of just one person, much less hundreds of thousands.

I hate cliches, but they can't please everyone. Therefore, many come across as terrible because one group is so appalled that the politicians didn't cater to their every whining need.

queeq

Papaumau
Yep, it certainly would I suspect ! laughing

HockeyHorror
we are all politicians in a way no expression

dont need a high degree to talk about politics...

queeq
But you need to be shrewd to manipulate and move in political circles.

Darth Revan
*points to last post*

As I said, I know that politicians are necessary, I just think that the ones we have NOW are mostly pretty dishonest. I know one or two that I think are really well meaning and aren't in it only for short-term gain.

supertruper
I try very hard not to...but they keep invading the news...

bardock
well people on the right suck

ragesRemorse
Well i do agree all poloticians are corrupt and greedy bastards, except Arnold. He rules

bardock
no he sucks too

ragesRemorse
no, you just have a disease called liberalism. smile

bardock
i actual i am moderate. i am pro life and agianst gay marriage.

ragesRemorse
well i guess Bush would consider you a republican smile LOL

queeq
Multi-millionaire Ahnold the Terminator is an allright politician, starting his career by almos ODing on steroids???? Hmm, talk about contradiction in terms.

ragesRemorse
any polotician that calls people girly men kicks ass. Arnold;s life is the defintion of the American dream.

queeq
laughing out loud

ragesRemorse
Dude, dont laugh at that, it is so true. rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Clovie
i'm trying not to think about politicians.
i care about my mental health. messed

ragesRemorse
good choice, "follows decesion" "

queeq
Actually, thinking about politicians always gives you very good clues how NOT to go about in life.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.