Edward Scissorhands

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aniron
is the most saddest film ever, superb acting byt Johnny Depp and Wynona Rider was quite good, convincing character by Dianne Weist.

A wonderful story I love it!!!!!!!!!1 and a definate Typical Tim Burton movie!!!

am I the only one who remembers it?

The Dark Lady
No, Your not. I loved that movie. I wished that they made a second one.
My favorite scene is when he spears the water bed.

- The Dark Kid.

Mr Zero
If you do a search you will see that far from being the only person who remembers this movie - it's been mentioned and extolled 100 times.

but yes, before this gets moved - it's Tim Burtons finest moment so far.

But thank GOD they didnt make a sequel.

aniron
where is this being moved to? and if there are so many replies why is there no forum on it.

I love the water bed scene too lol have you noticed that when he is scared he sort of waddles off all confused, I just want to hug him, tuck him up into bed and tell him everything will be alright! sad

aniron
yeah I'm glaad there was no sequal I think it would have spoilt it.

Mr Zero
it will prolly get merged with

this previous thread

once the ancient gods that are our masters come down from the sky ship and see what we have done.

Mr Parker
Yeah next to Nightmare before christmas,I think this is Burtons Best film.

MildPossession
It's my third favourite Burton film. Absolutely adore it.

Mr Zero
3rd. You have them all graded. Nice geekwork.

I might be prepared to entertain NBX as an equal - but what on earth else from Burton could you put above ESH?

BJ? BF? SH? POTA?????

MildPossession
Nightmare Before Christmas
Beetlejuice
Edward Scissorhands

Yeah geekwork...

Mr Zero
Ok - I disagree with the listing , but only in the ORDER so we can still be chums.

Especially since i remember only too vividly going to see Beetlejuice with some friends on the weekend it opened and being the ONLY person in the entire cinema full of people who was laughing - at one point so hard I fell out of my seat.

Good times.

MildPossession
I missed it at the cinema.

SlipknoT
I was 2 when it came out, but I still enjoy it.

The Dark Lady
Nightmare before chrismas is my fav burton fil too!!!

- The Dark KId.

aniron
have you ppl forgotten sleepy hollow? lol

anyway I watched Edward scissorhands again today, it gets more sad everytime *sniff* ha ha ha I love the whole "lemonade" situation lol lol lol.

p.s and Ed Wood is a good film too.

botankus
I can't believe that this thread hasn't been attacked by all the Depp-heads yet.

I think it might coincide with the fact that most of them think Pirates of the Carribean was Johnny Depp's first movie.

ladygrim
lol.....they probably do...

aniron
NO WAY lol lol lol lol thats hilarious what fools ha ha ha ha.

anyway back to the topic, who would adopt Edward? I would because he is so so innocent and sweet and it's all Kim's fault ARRRRRGGGGGHHH.

ladygrim
god i wud ...he reminds me of me .... cute quite/shy.... innocent till proven guilty smile

ArrghPirateGirl
cry I have only seen half of it coz my mum remebered it was sad & changed the channel mad

botankus
What?? I would have thought that YOU, ArrghPGirl, would have been all over this one, including owning a copy next to each TV in the house. wink

MildPossession
Depp looks like my brother.

Anyway, yep I love Sleepy Hollow as well, just the three I chose I love a lot more out of Burton's films.

ladygrim
i luv most movies wit j.d in but not because of him but the fact there good movies

Mr Zero
I'm ashamed that i always forget that this is a Burton movie - I watched it again about a month ago having finaly bought it on dvd - and it's just a joy from start to finish.

FYI: Some very funny Depp stuff on the extras for all you Deppheads.

ladygrim
lol..... deppheads never heardthem called that b4 lol

aniron
Sarah Jessica parker is in Ed wood.
I love the bit with the octopus without a motor and it has to look like it's attacking sum one lol lol lol. (is that angora? I like to wear womens clothing lol)

does anyone know where Edward gets the ice from in the film?

BloomBabyGirl
am i the only 1 who thought this movie was stupid? and why was it even rated PG 13?

aniron
Urm because the proffesionals know what it should be rated and it isn't PG 13 it's just PG because PG 13 wasn't invented when this film was made.
And yes you are the only one who thought the film was stupid so get out of the thread.

bann chair

BloomBabyGirl
no i went to blockbuster and its PG 13. what was teh point of this movie? to feel sorry for unfinished projects? i just didnt see teh point in it

BloomBabyGirl
and no i wont get out of this thread just because u cant handle my opinion

BloomBabyGirl
i mean really, o wow! a half baked project that cuts lawns! bow down

Mr Zero
Inasmuch as your comment there made me pee my pants - the movie isnt about cutting lawns. EdS is an updated version of the myth of Cupid and Psyche / Beauty and the Beast.

It manages to be not only a tragic love story but also a parody and social satire all at once. Most people agree it's a fine moving and intelligent film. Maybe not to your tastes, but that doesnt mean the film is poor any more than it means it's just you that are too stupid to get it.

ladygrim
erm

aniron
HA HA HA HA HA HA laughing eek! laughing eek! laughing HA HA HA HA HA.

I want you to go cos this thread is for ppl who LIKE a good movie when they see one you fool (fool I tell you), and not to talk to people who have nothing better to do than go into a thread about a movie they didn't like. duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Well it was just a PG but it has been re-released (just goes to show how good the film is "sigh"wink.

and another thing, when you have something to say, keep itin one post instead of like 3 in a row lol lol smokin'

aniron
Very good point.

starwars

ladygrim
yup indeed.... but isnt most movies these adaptation of things .......

Mr Zero
Cupid and Psyche has been told and retold over and over and not just in film - beauty and the beast is a popular theme.

As with all good myths it can be told in many different ways... EdS manages to make it fresh and moving again, which is all that counts.

BloomBabyGirl
well genius if u really are as good as u think u are you would realise that people come in to topics to post THEIR OPINIONS. not just pple who like the movie cuz thats just a fan club. and **** u ill post as often as id like and id like to see you do somehting about it,. to yuo it was a good movie to me it was a reject in suburbia. OPINIONS you fool.

aniron
My God you're stressed but by the by I made this thread for people who remember and liked Edward Scissorhands so it's just a bit stupid to go bad mouthing it isn't it? baby

Go and bother people who care.

beer

ladygrim
some people are just jealous that they didnt make the thread

BloomBabyGirl
jealous how? and anyway if it was a edward fan club wirte it

shellspeare

Mr Zero
See - your bickering has upset edward - look how sad he is.

play nice.

BloomBabyGirl
no expression

ladygrim
erm

aniron
HA HA HA the arguing is still going on thanx ladygrim for seeing the point of the thread but now I'm going to ignor bloomBABYgirl and continue the way I should.

Do you think Edward should have stabbed Jim?
I do Jim was soooooooooo annoying.

Mr Zero
That would have ruined the film - that would have been so far from Eds nature that it would have made no sense.

aniron
Ye but I guess he just got so angry because Jim hurt Kim so he stabbed him, maybe it was part accident?

Mr Zero
Sorry i thought you were suggesting that Ed should have attacked him.

Yes I think it was an accident.

aniron
well, I think it was an accident but he didn't nessesarily regret it if you get me lol.

Ed was such a ladies man lol

Kim, Joyce, the woman on TV lol thats weird.

ladygrim
woo

Puppet Of Doom
I LOVE Edward Scissorhands, I have it on DVD!! It's brilliant, I worship Tim Burton. I mean cripes, just look at the avatar!!! Hee hee hee yay! *excited* Happy Dance

aniron
LOVE YOUR AVATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ladygrim
indeed so its kewl...

aniron
I can't stand thos gossips that had nothing better to do than ruin everything grrrrrrrr.

mooseyfate
Tim Burton is a true genius big grin

shaber
What if the inventor had made like Virgil and ordered that his unfinished work be burned! eek!

Miss_Faye
I love all of Tim Burtons films...they're so great. But Edward...I grew up watching that movie over and over again once it came out in the old school VHS..*sigh* the best.

I love the part where Edward ruins the watter bed. It's a classic. smile

ladygrim
that bits so funny ...laughing out loud

Electrocat
It was an OK movie, but not Tim Burton's best.

Clovie
this movie is soooooooooo sad cry love

Heather 29
Hey!,No I don't Think Pirates of the Carribean was johnny depps first movie at all. I can't remember what Johnny Depps first movie was, I mean I like johnny depp and all. buy I AM NOT A DEPP HEAD T ALL. I don't think that Depp Heads are fools either. and i know they don't think that pirates of the caribbean was his first movie either. please don't trash the depp heads, okay aniron, ladygrim & botankus.
I did like edward scissorhands, beetlejuice ( a little bit) and I do own the nightmare before christmas.

Wendigo
Originally posted by BloomBabyGirl
am i the only 1 who thought this movie was stupid? and why was it even rated PG 13?

I didn't like it either stick out tongue

DarkAge
Originally posted by Clovie
this movie is soooooooooo sad cry love

I cried last time I saw it... embarrasment

ladygrim
sad ....

ashtonsNO1fan
I dont think they shud make a sequel but if they did, kims grandaughter cud go up and look for him and they fall in love. actually no kims grandaughter cud fall in love with him but he doesnt love her because he loved kim so much? she cud go up on the day of the funeral of kim? tell me if i talk to much, i no i do lol.

ladygrim
laughing out loud ... it wud be a cute story tho ;wink

cursed_pirates
Hmm that would be cute but I don't think I could stand a sequel to that movie.... I would be afraid that they would ruin it. I am glade they never made a sequel to Edward Scissorhands.

@F1
There is a sequel. Its called: Edward Swiss Army Knife Hands. This is not fabrication, honest. stick out tongue

ladygrim
laughing out loud

fondyhigh2008
Okay, I think that Scissorhands was amazing, but really think about it, could you really get into a sequel if they had made one? It would have been just wrong. Some movies should be left alone for good.

Morbid4Daniel
Watched it everyday when I was two. Thats where my Johnny Depp obsession came from.

kmcdude
well genius if u really are as good as u think u are you would realise that people come in to topics to post THEIR OPINIONS. not just pple who like the movie cuz thats just a fan club. and **** u ill post as often as id like and id like to see you do somehting about it,. to yuo it was a good movie to me it was a reject in suburbia. OPINIONS you fool.

Can I marry this girl Happy Dance

Corpse Bride
Edward Scissorhands is a great movie!! Edward is so sweet!

allofyousuckkk
willy wonka
sleepy hollow
edward
nightmare before xmas
sorpse bride?
beetlejuice...didnt like beetle juice that much...mayb cuyz when i saw it i was addicted 2 the cartoons lol

Batman Returns
JOHNNY DEPP WASNT IN BEETLEJUICE!!!

its an awsome movie though.

and i LOVE edward scissorhands, it was great. i can so releate to him, although im not as cool as he is.

Batman Returns

shut up. scissorhands owns you. dont make me slap you.

CrazyInLove
Edward Scissorhands was a great movie, but it was kind of sad! I have it on DVDwink Johnny Depp was cool in that movie!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.