I almost died this weekend.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xeous
This weekend, my ski club went on a ski trip to Canaan Valley...I went on a slope called "Gravity"(Named for the fact that it's practically vertical for about 500 feet before straightening out to about a 50-60 degree slope then to about a 30 degree slope(merges with beginner slopes)) (The hardest slope there) The whole run is about a mile long...I already made the run once(almost identical to the one that I will explain...Except for a minor detail that I'm sure you'll catch.) and had been skiing expert slopes pretty much all weekend.

Well, I started down Gravity and made about NO cuts...I was going about as fast as any human could go and I went to slow down to merge with the beginner slopes(I didn't want to kill any of the kids) and I lost my edge... I hit my side and slid into a tree, headfirst. Everything happened so fast, I didn't even have time to cover my head. I'm not too sure if it knocked me out or not but the girl that was in our group that came behind me said that she didn't even know I biffed it...She said she left about a minute after me so I'm thinking I might have been out for a few seconds. I got up and when the second girl(They, of course, made cuts all the way down the mountain stick out tongue ) saw me, she flipped. I guess I had blood running down my forehead so I whiped my face off and threw the blood to the side. I didn't want treatment until I finished the run...Hardass, I know cool Anyway...They just checked out the cut and I filled out a report and finished skiing that day...A few more inches down on my head and I wouldn't have been typing this.

I'd just like to say I pretty much have a new outlook on life. I'm not going to quit doing stuff like this...I'm just going to use common sense, like using a helmet. Oh yeah, did I mention that that was my second day ever of skiing? big grin

WindDancer
I'm glad you still here to talk about it Xeous. Well, don't be discourage by something like that. Take it as a challenge. Except next time Always remenber that "Safety comes first".

DeNiro
Ur posts was to long to read all i know is glad to hear ur ok big grin

Did u possibly get hurt enough that i can b better at golf then u now stick out tongue

xeous
I don't know, D. I am having a little trouble typing out words sometimes though so I wouldn't doubt it.

The Force
well that was close

total nettlehead
thumb up congrats

total nettlehead
on surviving i mean

burlyman

silver_tears
is it supposed to be ahve huh

burlyman
didnt you understand it stick out tongue

Tired Hiker
Second day ever????? You are crazy!!!

silver_tears
no confused

Twin B!tch 1
You went on a slope like that on your second day!?!?!

Trinity_Matrix
Damn! You're crazy, skiing a slope like that your second day skiing...but I'm glad to hear you're okay!

xeous
No, I'm not really crazy. I was one of the best skiers there and some of the kids I was with have been doing it their whole lives...I had total confidence in what I was doing it was just kinda a freak accident. And for those who are wondering, we were the only 3 on that slope, there wasn't a chance for anyone else to get hurt and, since I was the first, neither of the other 2 could have been hurt...

xeous
And, it wasn't self proclaimed "one of the best skiers" either smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.