Doom The Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord_Andres
Don't know if this belongs in the movie or horror movie section, but anyway heres an interview with Todd Hollenshead co-owner c.e.o, of Id Software, thats just a few days old smile

http://general.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/7478/

ragesRemorse
I know this movie has been trying to get made way back since 96' after the sucessful run of the Doom novels. I dont remember to much about what happend, but i do know the Studios were very exicted about the project and banked on the film with an ungodly budget. However, there was a problem with Hugh,and linaweaver not wanting to give up their rights from the novel for a screenplay. This spooked the studio which they pulled out on. Iknow it has gone through many other life possibilites since then,and even become quite close to getting made, but nothing ever panned out.

I am excited about this movie though. Aww whats the guy's name i think it's hollenshead,hollensfeild or somthing. Anyway he was going to be behind this movie getting amde not matter what, and has been working on a decen script for a year now. I remember reading an interview with him in Cinescape last year saying that the studio's have given him a very low budget, but he was still going to push on because he thought this was a movie that needed to get made. He said this is a movie that screams to be a movie, and is surprised it took so long. I know the budget has also gone up a bit ,but not much seeing how the studio's still havent seena script,it may go up more if theyre impressed. I think this movie will do well, im especially pleased that the dude collaberated with Hugh's (the guy who wrote the novels) on the script. Anyone ever read the novels. Knee deep in the dead should be the movie right there.

@F1
I hope its better than the new Doom game, which is a pile of doggy poo

ragesRemorse
really? i heard it was excellent.

I have lost all interest in the DOOM movie. What was at one time a seemingly good movie in the works, has made a dreadfull turn for the worst. They have sighned on the director of cradle 2 the grave, and romeo must die. Why? why? why would you sign on such a shitty director with no vision, no direction, and no talent. Why is this shitty director still getting high budget works? WHY? Doom went from being a potentialy decent movie to becomming without a doubt a failure before it's birth.

BackFire
What the hell, Doom 3 is an outstanding game.

Linkalicious
^ yup...agree completely. Someone just doesn't know what they are talking about...

@F1
And what am I talking about....

Linkalicious
God only knows what you're talking about.

Care to give us an explanation as to why you feel Doom 3 is "a pile of doggy poo"

@F1
laughing , i loved the Doom games, just didn't like this one..Sorry

Maybe I have become so use to playing multiplayer.

Half-Life 2, thats what I want.

tabby999
Doom 3 is the best looking game ever made and its freakin awsome

@F1
Yer its good looking, but the game play, walk into a room kill something, walk into a room kill something. Yawn

zombieman
This could be potentially good, theres a half decent back story to the Doom series aside from the 'shoot anything that moves mentality'. However, Ive a bad feeling that this is going to be a big dumb action movie with as many explosions and deaths that they can cram into 90 minutes, films based on video games rarely work.

eggmayo
i actually hate doom 3 - cos basically you only get attacked when you go through a dark area and you cant see anything

tabby999
if you wanna discus the actual game, go the games forum, discus the movie, here

ladygrim
confused

thegreatrudini
Ive completed it na nah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.