Sword of Truth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolboarder98
I'm currently reading Naked Empire and was wondering what people thought of the first 7 books, what they about the 8th and what they think'll happen in the next 2 books. Just put your thoughts down and share them with other people.

MasterWizard
I liked them all except for book 7 and 8. They just didn't seem as good as the first 6 for some reason. My favorite one though was Temple of the Winds.

airangel429
I am currently reading the Wizard's First Rule! I like it! big grin

coolboarder98
I was just thinking about a Sword of Truth movie. If guys could tell me who should play who, director and if they should follow the books or start before or even after the 10 books Goodkinds contracted for.

And any mods, I'm not sure if I should have put this in the movie discussion section or in the book. So I put in the book. You guys can move it if you decide it shouldn't be here.

badkittykitty
..it's still a book right? I'll leave it

Z4¢|<
I think that they shouldnt make a movie of it. It would be too hard and for all ten books it would be very long.

Z4¢|<
I liked the one Soul of the Fire.

shaber
I thought they stopped having anything to say after Temple of the Winds. Naked Empire just consists of Rahl's ridiculous sermonising about "freedoms" when he is the dictator for life of an imperialist nation! And why the heck did noone kill the spawn of the imperial order troops??

The first three were enjoyable though, despite bad grammar. The original is best, but I found the sado masachism segment too prolonged and intense. Not that it was gratuitous of course...

Ushgarak
Merged

airangel429
YEah I thought the story was merging too much after the Temple of winds....... I thought Soul of Fire was great!

The second book was my favorite I think...because EVERYTHING started to unwind.

I hate how in book 8 we are kinda left with Richard still poisoned.......

coolboarder98
In the end of book 8 Richard wasn't poisoned; he has gotten rid of the poison after he got his gift unwonkered(nifty word, eh?). He figured out how to make the antidote and got Kahlan to make it as well as other people to help make it.

MasterWizard
He didn't "learn" how to make the cure, his magic guided him. I didn't like how whenever Richard was stuck in a bad position his magic would magically get him out. It got repetitive and boring in the later books, like in book 8, he was asleep, and the magic woke him up in time for him to get out, just before the house he was in exploded in flames. It didn't say why the magic woke him up, just that it did.

shaber
As the author seems to hate peace protestors so much, why didn't he get the "holes in the world" to kill the bastard offspring of those invading troops? confused Wouldn't that have made the story so much more satisfying?

Sidh
Wouldn't that have gone against the idea of everyone having a right to their life?

shaber
But the outcome was that Rahl no longer had any hangups about killing those whom he felt deserved it. That stopped his gift being "tied in a knot."

Sidh
But Rahl also believed that bastard children, even those resulting from very evil people (such as Darken Rahl), don't deserve death simply because they were born in such circumstances.. This is one of the obvious themes behind all of the Sword of Truth Books. I illustrate further by Richard asking the spirit woman to have her child.

Sidh
The point is that you have a right to live, as does everyone, and you have a right to defend that life. In fact, if you fail to defend it you are condoning the actions of those who would deny you life.

shaber
I prefered the first two to the last six - Rahl gets to be such an hypocrite.

airangel429
There's going to be a ninth book too right?

coolboarder98
There's gonna be 12 or 13 books. The current plot will end at 9 or 10 and Goodkind is doing a trilogy after that. No word yet on whether or not the trilogy will have the same characters.

MasterWizard
If what you say about the trilogy is true, then 13 books. He is contracted for 10 books with Richard Rahl.

shaber
The author didn't say how long it would be drawn out for...

shaber
I prefered the attitude to dictatorship in WFR scratching Darken Rahl sick from the 'Devotion'

airangel429
oh...........so 12-13 books! KEWL! big grin I do want to finish the books...even though the plot has been dragging and the reading is kind of blah now!!!

shaber
I'm afraid that Naked Empire had totally lost it sad

Ninjamaster
Gladly I'll humor you ole chap!

Zedd methinks Sean Connery
Richard probably Eric Bana
Kalan well Natalie Portman
Darken Rahl ...Gary Oldman
Neville Ranson... Macauley Culkin
Addie hmmmm Elizabeth Taylor
Richard's great grandfather Dennis Hopper

Director cripes Jim Cameron
smokin' Happy Dance smokin' rolling on floor laughing

airangel
Kalhan could be played by Keira Nightly too.......she's pretty.......but actually the female would have to have BLONDE BLONDE hair.......

Darken Rahl.......hrmmmmm

Sean Connery as Zedd...GREAT! big grin
Richard..... the guy who played Aragorn (can't remember name right now)
Addie.........the lady that played the old witch in Robin Hood
Shota.......Umma Thurman
Richard's Sister: ???
Richard's Brother:???

MasterWizard
Zedd should be Ian Mckelen (or however you spell it.)
Richard ...Viggo Nortenson (guy who played Aragorn)

shaber
Viggo Montensenn wasn't it?

The whole series is not really dramatisable though.

Kahlan had brown hair. If Kiera Nightly is the lead in POTC, she is too emaciated.

MasterWizard
It's Viggo Mortensen(miss-spelled on my last post.)
And you're right, she has brown hair. I don't have a suggestion of an actress to play her.

Dogg49er
My favorite book is Faith of the Fallin!!!! I hated Pillers Of Creation, Richard and Kalan were hardly in the book!!!! And I liked Wizards First Rule.

MasterWizard
The next book is called Chainfire, which is supposed to come out this January.

shaber
By Naked Empire the author had completely lost his touch sad even Temple of the Winds was a bit repetitive, but after that the series didn't seem to have anything more to say.

~Air Angel~
You need to get the latest book in the series, Chainfire! It was good (book 9 I think)

~Air Angel~
Alot of the books were repetitive....in the sense that he always talks about the other books, but I was pissed at the end of Chainfire (read it in 3 days).....just b/c of how the predicaments were............... so I am ready for the FINAL book, book 10 so I can see how things fall into place.

I do agree, parts of the book are a bit drabby, but I do enjoy the storyline in general. big grin

Not to mention the originality of the different characters, Shota, The Mord-Sith, Confessors....Seeker...etc.......... (unless these types of char's are in other books???)

shaber
In Naked Empire though the protagonist started his ridiculous sermonising ranting And Kahlan and Cara were reduced to colourless heads nodding at it.

~Air Angel~
huh?? i know that one was very different.............. chainfire...was different too................ oh i was sooo frusterated through it... you have to read it to understand.

You'll know after the 1st chapter and throughout the WHOLE book, even to the end..... sheesh!!!!!

why
I too was dissapointed when I read chainfire. I mean the next wizard's rule was terrible. When Terry Goodkind starts quoting mathmaticians then you know he ran out of what I thought were genius ideas and theories. (Rule of the Excluded Middle was paraphrased but a poor rendition)

~Air Angel~
That's what I was thinking...... and then the whole next book will be just like this book b/c we already could tell what KINDA happened in this book.... and it didn't even get fixed!!! mad *kicks book*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.