Ask The Comic Collector

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thekingofmikes
With over 14 years of collecting experence, I will gladly answer any questions you have about the hobby of comic collecting... I am not trying to sound arrogent, but it seems a lot of people here are "IN THE DARK" so to speak about the hobby. I will gladly share my knowledge, and if I don't know the answer to something, I can find out. Also when I get permision to post links, I will post some valuable resources for you.

Mane
i know the "few IN THE DARK" is referring to me. ill collect comics the way i want.

thekingofmikes
what's your problem mane? You seem to be holding a grudge against me for no reason...

thekingofmikes
and I wasn't talking about you... I am not going to tell you how to collect... Hell, I started probably where you're at right now... If you think I am in any way trying to offend you I am sorry... geesh...
How old are you anyway? 9? 10? your acting like a child man...
That being said, we started on the wrong foot, so lets just forget our little differences and get along shall we?

Mane
whatever...

thekingofmikes
ok, have it anyway you want... but I think it would be easier if we at least tried to get along... I plan on sticking around, and obviously you've been here a while... By the way, I can tell your picture is from leathal protector... Venom is my all time favorite spider villian... Have you read amazing spiderman 300? That's the first venom. It is drawn by spawn creator Todd McFarline... If you don't have it, you should check it out... I think being the venom fan you are, you would get a kick out of todds take on venom...

Mane
Todd is my all-time favorite artist. i cant find #300 because everywhere i look they either dont carry it or its wildly expensive...

thekingofmikes
Check on e-bay. I've met todd, and didn't really like him... My favorite would be Eric Larsen, who also drew spiderman for a while. have you read the Return of the sinister six? He drew both series, but the second one is better. It has ghost rider, the hulk, the fantastic four, deathlock, solo, and a few other heros facing off against doc ock, electro, sandman, hobgoblin, Vulture, and Mysterio. You could probably pick those up pretty cheap, even if you got them from mile high. Just shop around though, because really you can find better deals then them... especially if you use e-bay

Linkalicious
mike, you should be able to post links after you've amassed about 25 posts. Can you go cruise a forum, add a couple of posts, and THEN, when you're a "Senior Member" post those links from the other thread?

thekingofmikes
That will be fine... I WILL post them as soon as I can...

thekingofmikes
Perhaps your right, I AM wasting my breath... no one has a collecting question for me?

Linkalicious
what types of comic collecting questions would you like people to ask you?

Does Venom show up in any of the Spiderman comics between #300 and #347?

Mane
yeah Venom is in #300, #301, #330-333, #344-346

ScarletSpider
Well it's you made this thread with good intentions, but ultimatly you were over zealous and that, in turn made you seem a little demeaning. Almost as if you were accusing us of being shoddy half-assed collectors. There may be a few people around here like that, but we all gather to post, rant and rave about comics mostly, so we are all collectors or aficionados in our own right.

I appreciate what you're doing, on the 3rd, this friday I turn 16, you've been collecting for damn near as long as I've been alive, and I respect that greatly. But your first post shouldn't have been telling us how we've been doing things all wrong. So, in concordance, welcome to the board. I hope you do stick around, because we always love to see new members. Just lose some of the "holier than thou" attitude, which you seem to have done a bit already.

Linkalicious
definitly. difference between yesterday and today is like night and day.

I love comic book buffs, especially in the VS. threads, because they always have a lot to offer.

"Never" was a member that knew his sh!t, and he was always fun to argue with.

Mane
Never was insane! but i avoided getting into arguments with him because i know id get my ass kicked

ScarletSpider
I miss Never. He could pretty much always kick your ass in an argument, but you didn't mind, because he was Never, and he knew goddamn everything.

shadow_wolf
Hey king I recently heard about this cool new indy comic called lucid I hear its supposed to be really good have you heard of it and would you reccomend it.Also have you heard of any release dates yet? big grin

Paola
ask & answer anything you want right here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f43/t305852.html

closing...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.