Female Rock Lead singers/ Vocalists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kaleanae
Does any of you like bands such as The Cranberries, the cardigans, 10,000 Maniacs, Stereolab, Cowboy Junkies, where women are the lead singers or vocalist?

lil bitchiness
The Distillers!! You missed the Distillers.

And Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Yeah, i love them. I also like the Cardigans.

Jack Off Jill too.

Kaleanae
big grin Yes, I like the Distillers!
There are many good bands with woman lead singers

Df02
hate Brody Dalle.....
Yeah Yeah Yeah's or Walls of Jericho lol

lil bitchiness
I love Braody Dalle droolio I dont know, i just always liked her, and her hairsyles and attitude.

happy I love this thread too.

Im not a fan of Cortney Love. no

Kaleanae
I like the voice of Dolores from the Cranberries, favorite song, when you're gone

Df02
oh, Melissa Auf der Maur aswell

Deathblow
Christina of Lacuna Coil...she has a very powerful voice. Otep as well, she's a genius.

Oh yeah and The Breeders, who's vocalist is Kim Deal from Pixies.

Arachnoidfreak
I have a soft spot for bands with female lead singers. Well, good bands. None of that Avril and Evanescence crap.

Fearnix
L7- all female band member's
Babes In Toyland- all female band member's

Silver Stardust
I LOVE L7.

Anyone ever heard of Sleeter-Kinney? They're awesome big grin

Darth Revan
Lacuna Coil are tha shiznit rock stick out tongue

Spicy_Mchaggis
dude the chick from lacuna coil is hot! o ya, she sounds good too.

Lord_Andres
You should check out these bands, all have female singers and are very good

Tone Norum
Vixen
Coastline
Heart

I can't think of any other right now that are worth mentioning

Broken_Johnson
I LOVE L7......
Drain Sth is also an all girl band that is awesome

ragesRemorse
man, female leads for rock bands is always a good idea, and should be explored more. Chiks can rock da mic. Just wish they would be pulled more to pop rock shit. Lets get some mature woman and guys in the mix together to spring some good ol rock. I am totally wating for that band. It seems though when bands have a lead singer that happens to be femal, they have to go with a certain style, or they wont get recognition. Thats bullcrap, be yourselves and sing some damn music. Garbage kiked ass, i wish that band was still around. Gwen stefani could be cool if she wasnt comercialized as a product. I guess i have to settle with kitte, but they seem to try to hard for the most part

Kaleanae
I like Gwen Stefani's music at first, back in the 90s, when No Doubt was new. But now, all has changed, now she is more noticed by how she looks and not for what she says in her lyrics no expression - Well, maybe she didn't care for music that much to stick for it.

And Garbage, I like Garbage, great band. And now I remember another female vocalist... Tori Amos. She has a powerful voice and good music.

Mr Zero
I will raise a hand and admit to having many Sleater-Kinney CD's sitting at home.

Darth Revan
Distillers

Spicy_Mchaggis
i said it before and i will say it again CHRISTINA SCABBIA IS UNDOUBTEDLY THE BEST FEMALE VOCALIST IN MUSIC. brody is ok. and the chick from the cranberries sounds good in the song zombie.

Darth Revan
No, the lady from Nightwish is better... Nightwish are like Lacuna Coil times ten.

Deathblow
The chick from Nightwish is totally different, you can't really compare her to Christina. She's like an opera singer or something. I'd pick Christina over her anytime though.

Besides, Nightwish suck, Lacuna Coil are awesome yes

finti
yup the Nightwish chick has opera education

Kate Bush is awesome

LordMortis
Tarja Turunen from nightwish... best singer ever imo. maybe it's the contrast between the heavy metal and the melodic singing but her voice just works so well (if you couldn't tell already, i think im obsessed with Tarja lol stick out tongue )

finti
I find her rather annoying, cat jamming

Deathblow
Yeah me too. At the risk of sounding pig-headed, if I want to hear the kind of voice she has, I'll go to the opera. If they are supposed to be a rock band, they need a proper rock vocalist.

Darth Revan
Yes, I agree, I don't really like Nightwish either... But I think their lead singer is better than Cristina Scabbia.

Deathblow
If we're talking about pure vocal power, than yes you're probably right. But as I said, Christina is a real rock singer, the Nightwish chick just sounds out of place.

cloverweave
I personally kind of like the classical voices mixed with the rock beats.
Melissa Auf Der Maur is definately awesome, although there are a few of her songs that I don't particularly care for.

One band NOT to listen to: Letters to Cleo...I cannot stand their music...

Darth Jello
sure, i like a few

Aj333
Good Female Lead Singers: Emily Haines (Metric, Broken Social Scene), Feist (Feist, Broken Social Scene.)

dani_california
Patti Smith, woot for old school

Roulette
Originally posted by Deathblow
The chick from Nightwish is totally different, you can't really compare her to Christina. She's like an opera singer or something. I'd pick Christina over her anytime though.

Yup, same herethumb up

Victor Von Doom
PJ Harvey, no question. Within 'rock' anyway.

Meta
Karen O.

T.M
Sandra Nasic from Guano Apes

Alpha Centauri
PJ Harvey for me also. Above and beyond any others.

Out of all the female fronted rock bands that people lump together, kaRIN from Collide is my favourite.

-AC

knight
STEVIE NICKS

Luciferia
How come no-ones mentioned Catatonia? They were a fantastic band, and Cerys was great.
I also love Amanda Palmer from the Dresdon Dolls, her lyrics are genius and the music is differant from what you normally hear.
And also, what about Annie Lennox? Surely she deserves a mention - she has an amazing voice. Tori Amos is also an idol - she has a great voice also.
And I completley agree with Garbage, they're one of my favourite bands! Has anyone heard of Angelfish? The band Shirley was in before Garbage? They have some excellant stuff.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Luciferia
How come no-ones mentioned Catatonia? They were a fantastic band, and Cerys was great.
I also love Amanda Palmer from the Dresdon Dolls, her lyrics are genius and the music is differant from what you normally hear.
And also, what about Annie Lennox? Surely she deserves a mention - she has an amazing voice. Tori Amos is also an idol - she has a great voice also.
And I completley agree with Garbage, they're one of my favourite bands! Has anyone heard of Angelfish? The band Shirley was in before Garbage? They have some excellant stuff.

I'd put Tori and Annie up there in my favourite female vocalists, but the question is favourite female rock vocalists.

Luciferia
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
I'd put Tori and Annie up there in my favourite female vocalists, but the question is favourite female rock vocalists.

Ah yes! I mentioned Tori because I saw her name mentioned in an earlier post, and I really don;t mean to be pedantic here but the term 'rock' is a very general term.
I also thought of another band, if theycount. 'Sleeper' were amazing female-fronted brit-pop, sort of a mix of Catatonia and Garbage.

Eis
I second that. She's probably my favorite female singer.

Victor Von Doom
Ah yes! I mentioned Tori because I saw her name mentioned in an earlier post, and I really don;t mean to be pedantic here but the term 'rock' is a very general term.
I also thought of another band, if theycount. 'Sleeper' were amazing female-fronted brit-pop, sort of a mix of Catatonia and Garbage.

Rock is very general, but I wouldn't put Tori in.

I wasn't a fan of Sleeper; Louise Wener always had a huskiness that seemed like a conceit.

djois
my favorites always seem to break up.. boohoo. Guano apes, k's choice, skunk anansie (how good were they?), lamb (not really rock though). So thanks for all of the above suggestions!

koehlf
Tori Amos is also an idol - she has a great voice also.

Tori is okay. Her voice is good but i have never been able to get interested in her because one of the first things i heard by her, was her cover of Smells like Teen Spirit which was (in my opinion) pretty awful. This sort of biased me against her unfortunately

Bardock42

I will agree, I am generally not a fan of female vocalists, but she's great.

~Da Rev~
No. The only one that is good in her genre of music is Alanis Morrisette (sp?)

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
No. The only one that is good in her genre of music is Alanis Morrisette (sp?)

Are you implying that all previous suggestions are inferior to Alanis Morrisette?

-AC

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Are you implying that all previous suggestions are inferior to Alanis Morrisette?

-AC

Or he was just denying that PJ Harvey is great. Which basically would of course imply the same.

~Da Rev~

-AC I'm implying nothing. Except Alanis is my favorite in that sort of genre. Its all an opinon. Plus i haven't heard PJ Harvey untill today. Although i love her voice, i just love Alanis' lyrics and voice all that much more.

Alpha Centauri
I think you should re-read your post.

You said "No." and then went on to say that she's the "only good one"..

-AC

~Da Rev~
I think you should re-read your post.

You said "No." and then went on to say that she's the "only good one"..

-AC Meh. shrug

I didn't know about PJ Harvey at the time of the post

So i guess i have no reason for posting "only good one" anywhere if i dont have the knowledge of the others.

Allright, i admit my faults.

Flamboyant4Life
My favorite is Pat Benetar.

killer_kandy
Why didnt anyone mention Janis Joplan or Mama Cass???

The Core
Well, I went to see THROUGH THE EYES OF THE DEAD and The Acacia Strain tonight, and a band called Light This City opened, which were excellent, and fronted by a female lead, a la Walls of Jericho. Her name was Laura Nichol. She was actually in Revolver as one of the hottest chicks in metal for 2005.

§P0oONY
Melissa Auf der Maur probably... Not because I think she's great though, it's just that she's the only female atist I really listen to... It's nothing sexist it's just the huge majority of my music is done by males.

stormfront13
hmm.....

patrice Pike
Dilana Smith
Jill Gioia
Suzie McNeil
Meg and Dia

are all great female rock bands

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by koehlf
Tori is okay. Her voice is good but i have never been able to get interested in her because one of the first things i heard by her, was her cover of Smells like Teen Spirit which was (in my opinion) pretty awful. This sort of biased me against her unfortunately

Your loss.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Kaleanae
Does any of you like bands such as The Cranberries, the cardigans, 10,000 Maniacs, Stereolab, Cowboy Junkies, where women are the lead singers or vocalist?
The female lead singer of Hooverphonic has an awesome voice, and some great songs too.

Nellinator
Your loss.
Indeed. Tori Amos is quite good. Crucify is one of my favorite songs right now.

SelphieT
Hmm......

Fiona Apple
Shirley Manson
Donita Sparks
Amanda Palmer
Courtney Love
Jennifer Finch
Suzy Gardner

Thats all I can think of at the moment, I know I like plenty more.

WickedTexasMomA
My Ruin
Nightwish
Jack off jill
Letters to Cleo
PUssy Cat dolls

Alpha Centauri
When did the Pussycat Dolls become rock?

-AC

wicker_man
Try Serpent Cult, the lead singer is something like 20 years old and sounds like a cross between Dio (Black Sabbath/Heaven and Hell/Rainbow & Solo) and Messiah Marcolin (ex-Candlemass).

stickman618
Paramore anyone?

Impediment
Angela Gossow from Arch Enemy is very gutteral and awesome.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Impediment

Oh hell yeah, she's amazing. The first time I heard Arch Enemy, I was unaware that they had a female singer. Definitely suprised me, I truly envy her.

Shinde Imasu
When did the Pussycat Dolls become rock?

-AC

Exactly. Please excuse me a moment while I find a bucket to throw up in.

sick

Hip Hop cannot be classed as music. Plain and simple. It's crap how anyone can listen to that.

Deathblow
Originally posted by Shinde Imasu
Exactly. Please excuse me a moment while I find a bucket to throw up in.

sick

Hip Hop cannot be classed as music. Plain and simple. It's crap how anyone can listen to that.

Since when did Pussycat Dolls become hip-hop?

Oh, and you're wrong about all the other things too.

Shinde Imasu
Well, PCD definitely aren't rock music. And I don't give a flying f**k what you think of what I say, it's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it.

I don't care whether you're a moderator or not, I don't like getting told that my opinions don't mean s**t. What is a forum? A place where people discuss things that are happening. How can a forum function if people get bashed for giving there opinions? I know I'm getting extremely off-topic here, but I don't care. I don't like Hip Hop music, and that's my opinion. Get over it. In my opinion, Hip Hop music only sells because this generation is addicted to sex. That's it. You listen to most of the popular Hip Hop artists, and they sing about how women are slaves to men, and how badly these girls want some random guy to screw her. It's wrong how people can listen to it. If you think what I'm saying is wrong, then fine. Don't bash me for my opinion. I'm not bashing you for yours.

ragesRemorse
girl from kitty,
Pink
girl from nightwish

Alpha Centauri
Well, PCD definitely aren't rock music. And I don't give a flying f**k what you think of what I say, it's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it.

I don't care whether you're a moderator or not, I don't like getting told that my opinions don't mean s**t. What is a forum? A place where people discuss things that are happening. How can a forum function if people get bashed for giving there opinions? I know I'm getting extremely off-topic here, but I don't care. I don't like Hip Hop music, and that's my opinion. Get over it. In my opinion, Hip Hop music only sells because this generation is addicted to sex. That's it. You listen to most of the popular Hip Hop artists, and they sing about how women are slaves to men, and how badly these girls want some random guy to screw her. It's wrong how people can listen to it. If you think what I'm saying is wrong, then fine. Don't bash me for my opinion. I'm not bashing you for yours.

You're wrong though.

Hip hop is music, regardless of whether or not you dislike it. It is music. To say otherwise is a ridiculously retarded and incorrect statement.

There's no "opinion" there. You were wrong.

You not liking hip hop music is fine, but your opinion of what it's about is also wrong. Your limited exposure to the genre has given you an opinion of it, fine, but not all hip hop is like you see on TV or hear on the radio, and not all fans of it are idiots.

Thinking of hip hop how YOU do is the same as people calling MCR emo. It's as bad a misinterpretation.

-AC

SelphieT
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
girl from kitty,
Pink
girl from nightwish

Kittie has had a couple singers, which one? I've pretty much liked all of them, but then again, I'm not the biggest fan.

Shinde Imasu
You're wrong though.

Hip hop is music, regardless of whether or not you dislike it. It is music. To say otherwise is a ridiculously retarded and incorrect statement.

You not liking hip hop music is fine, but your opinion of what it's about is also wrong. Your limited exposure to the genre has given you an opinion of it, fine, but not all hip hop is like you see on TV or hear on the radio, and not all fans of it are idiots.

Thinking of hip hop how YOU do is the same as people calling MCR emo. It's as bad a misinterpretation.

-AC

Wow, I love fighting with you, Centauri. No, I don't class Hip Hop as music, because to me, it's just a basic beat with singing and maybe some acoustic guitar or keyboard thrown in. Call it music if you want, like I said before, I don't care.

Well, I can tell you that my sister is a fan of the genre, and she's an absolute idiot. I know you said that not all of them are idiots, but still, most of them are.

And MCR is just as much Emo as any band that's labelled that. Actually, when you think about it, there really aren't any pure Emo bands out there. There are bands that have recorded Emo songs, but most aren't purely Emo. MCR have some Emo songs, just like Evanescence and others that are occassionally labelled Emo. So I guess I'm kinda agreeing with you on that one.

alic88

Alpha Centauri
Wow, I love fighting with you, Centauri. No, I don't class Hip Hop as music, because to me, it's just a basic beat with singing and maybe some acoustic guitar or keyboard thrown in. Call it music if you want, like I said before, I don't care.

That's what music classifies as, that would factually classify it as music, you idiot. You are factually wrong to say it's not music. Fact, not opinion.

If you say it's not actually music just because it's music you don't like, then you're an idiot.

Well, I can tell you that my sister is a fan of the genre, and she's an absolute idiot. I know you said that not all of them are idiots, but still, most of them are.

Prove this "most". Most meaning the MTV fans of MTV hip hop? Yes, but mainstream music has always been shit, largely.

And MCR is just as much Emo as any band that's labelled that. Actually, when you think about it, there really aren't any pure Emo bands out there. There are bands that have recorded Emo songs, but most aren't purely Emo.

Factually wrong, again. MCR have never composed any emotive hardcore punk in their lives.

Emo, to kids these days, means "emotional", and all music is. So it's a dumb term that applies to everybody.

MCR have some Emo songs, just like Evanescence and others that are occassionally labelled Emo.

When you came in here and listed and armful of genuine emo bands, I had faith.

You're obviously a completely ignorant person, though. Emo bands have existed in recent times, still do.

None of those bands are emo. Yet, you're clearly one of these fools who will ignore fact in favour of "Well I think...".

So I guess I'm kinda agreeing with you on that one.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by SelphieT
Kittie has had a couple singers, which one? I've pretty much liked all of them, but then again, I'm not the biggest fan.

hmm, i was not aware of that. The one i was referring to had the first name of Morgan. Ive seen them twice. Once at ozzfest i believe and the other time at Xfest. She wasnt to bad at all

Impediment
Kittie is one of the very worst live bands that I have ever seen. Back in 1999, I bought the debut album because I wanted to "take a chance" with a teenage, all-female, metal band.

I returned the CD to the store two hours later.

Also, when I was stationed at Ft. Hood, Texas, I went to a concert headlined by Kitte, only because my girlfriend, at the time, wanted to go see them with her friends and I had nothing better to do. The club was filled, literally, with nothing but high schoolers who looked so goth, I wouldn't be surpirised if they shit out bats. Kittie came on stage, and the opening song was the only one I stayed to listen to, as did my girlfriend.

In short, I think that Morgan Lander's vocals are shit.

Shinde Imasu
You know what, I've had enough of this shit you're giving me. Forums = Discussion. Not bashing others. If Deathblow was doing his job properly, he'd be using the power granted to him as a moderator to ban you from this board. Not having a go at you, Deathblow, I don't wanna end up getting on everyone's bad side. I've just had enough of Alpha Centauri. I will bet you that he won't bash Impediment for what he just said. So basically, he's choosing to attack me for what I'm saying on these boards.

Alpha Centauri
You know what, I've had enough of this shit you're giving me. Forums = Discussion. Not bashing others. If Deathblow was doing his job properly, he'd be using the power granted to him as a moderator to ban you from this board. Not having a go at you, Deathblow, I don't wanna end up getting on everyone's bad side. I've just had enough of Alpha Centauri. I will bet you that he won't bash Impediment for what he just said. So basically, he's choosing to attack me for what I'm saying on these boards.

Why would I bash Impediment? He's not saying anything wrong. He is giving opinion. I'm not BASHING anyone, you included. Your opinion that hip hop is shit is fine, but you saying that it's not music is WRONG, because it factually is music. It may not be music you like, but it is music.

Your opinion of emo is wrong, your opinion of hip hop is wrong. It IS music, and your impression of it is generalised and not applicable to everyone or every piece of hip hop.

You're being stupid with the things you say, and stupid people get called out. Don't make such ridiculous and INCORRECT statements as "Hip hop is not music.", or whatever else you said about people MOSTLY being idiots for liking it. You just don't like the idea that you are wrong, and that this isn't about subjective opinion.

Nobody is saying you're wrong to not like hip hop, but to say it isn't music, is wrong. To say it's ALL about women as slaves and to say people are MOSTLY idiots who listen to it, is wrong. Saying "I think hip hop is shit.", is not wrong. THAT is opinion. If you had just said that, nobody'd be calling you out.

-AC

Bardock42
You know what, I've had enough of this shit you're giving me. Forums = Discussion. Not bashing others. If Deathblow was doing his job properly, he'd be using the power granted to him as a moderator to ban you from this board. Not having a go at you, Deathblow, I don't wanna end up getting on everyone's bad side. I've just had enough of Alpha Centauri. I will bet you that he won't bash Impediment for what he just said. So basically, he's choosing to attack me for what I'm saying on these boards. Deathblow doesn't actually have the power to ban people.

SelphieT
Kittie is one of the very worst live bands that I have ever seen. Back in 1999, I bought the debut album because I wanted to "take a chance" with a teenage, all-female, metal band.

Also, when I was stationed at Ft. Hood, Texas, I went to a concert headlined by Kitte, only because my girlfriend, at the time, wanted to go see them with her friends and I had nothing better to do. The club was filled, literally, with nothing but high schoolers who looked so goth, I wouldn't be surpirised if they shit out bats. Kittie came on stage, and the opening song was the only one I stayed to listen to, as did my girlfriend.

In short, I think that Morgan Lander's vocals are shit.

Oh really? That's too bad that they "suck" live. But hey, who knows.

I was going to see them a year ago I think, but they cancelled the date, because I believe a death in the family occured, or something. So, I've never seen them.

Shinde Imasu
Originally posted by Bardock42
Deathblow doesn't actually have the power to ban people.
Yes, but he does have the power to refer people to the ones who CAN ban people.

And I give up. AC, it's not that I don't like the idea of being told I'm wrong, I have no problem with that, it's the fact that people take what I say out of context. It's not just you, others have done it before as well. Maybe I should be more clear with what I'm saying, I don't know. I'm just sick of people taking my comments out of context.

SelphieT

And I give up. AC, it's not that I don't like the idea of being told I'm wrong, I have no problem with that, it's the fact that people take what I say out of context. It's not just you, others have done it before as well. Maybe I should be more clear with what I'm saying, I don't know. I'm just sick of people taking my comments out of context.

You don't have to explain yourself. Just debating around here, you have to be as clear as crystal. Someone's always out there to point out your mistakes, or take something accidentally the wrong way.

You can have your opinions, but someone's always going to challenge it. But when it comes down to simple opinions, there really is no right or wrong, just opinion obviously, and some people, won't say who, don't understand that.

You shouldn't get banned for having a different opinion on music. So don't be frettin'.

Alpha Centauri

What are they going to ban anyone for? Telling you that you are wrong to say hip hop is not music? You are wrong, end of debate.

Nobody is telling you that you're wrong for not liking it, but your opinion of its demographic, your opinion that it's all the same and your remarks about it not being music are either ignorant sweeping generalisations or straight up incorrect

Then stop saying stupid things.

You said hip hop is not music, you are wrong. If you meant something else, say what you mean.

-AC

Deathblow

I didn't bash you. I won't bother typing a retort, as...

You're wrong though.

-AC

Sums it up.

Perhaps think a little more about how to phrase your opinions before posting them. And the swearing and stuff, doesn't do you any favors really either.

Kram3r
Woah, did I got this whole thread not to find Janis Joplin's name in here!? Weird...

ragesRemorse

you can return Cd's?

Nellinator
Originally posted by Kram3r
Woah, did I got this whole thread not to find Janis Joplin's name in here!? Weird...
Janis Joplin.

Happy?

Shinde Imasu
Oh, God, you're all doing it again ... Please, listen ... When I said that Hip Hop isn't music, I said it as an opinion, not trying to state a fact ... And when I swore, it's just because I was loosing my cool and getting frustrated ...

Listen, can we just forget that entire fight happened? I don't want to end up clogging up this thread with this stupid argument ... So, can we put it behind us and start again?

Kram3r
Originally posted by Nellinator
Janis Joplin.

Happy?

Well considering she is one of the pioneering female vocalists/rock stars, and has a fabolous voice, yeah, I am.

Oh, God, you're all doing it again ... Please, listen ... When I said that Hip Hop isn't music, I said it as an opinion, not trying to state a fact ...

How does that work though? That's like saying the official language of Greece is French then saying "Well that's my opinion". Doesn't work like that.

Bardock42
Oh, God, you're all doing it again ... Please, listen ... When I said that Hip Hop isn't music, I said it as an opinion, not trying to state a fact ... And when I swore, it's just because I was loosing my cool and getting frustrated ...

Listen, can we just forget that entire fight happened? I don't want to end up clogging up this thread with this stupid argument ... So, can we put it behind us and start again?

You are right, stupid fight, you realized that hip hop is music now and that your opinion was wrong, no need for anyone to argue anymore.

Kram3r
Originally posted by Bardock42
You are right, stupid fight, you realized that hip hop is music now and that your opinion was wrong, no need for anyone to argue anymore.

Pussy.

Bardock42
Pussy. I was being passive aggressive you *******.

Impediment
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
you can return Cd's?

Remember that this was in 1999, and I bought the CD from the PX (Post Exchange) at Ft. Hood. Apparently, they were okay with returning music. In 2007, however, I doubt the same can be said.

Oh really? That's too bad that they "suck" live. But hey, who knows.

I was going to see them a year ago I think, but they cancelled the date, because I believe a death in the family occured, or something. So, I've never seen them.

I'm not trying to make a generalization, but she, Morgan Lander, and the rest of the band, were just plain awful. It sounded like she had a penis in her mouth and was trying to bark out the vocals as if she were the female version of Phil Anselmo.

I wonder how many sessions Kittie had to do in order to make the album's tracks sound halway decent, seeing as how they, in my opinion, are horrible live.

I will bet you that he won't bash Impediment for what he just said.

Probably because I gave my honest opinion that a particular band is horrible. You, on the other hand, flat out stated that rap is not a form of music. As much as I dislike 90% of rap music, you're wrong to make such a statement.

Nellinator
Well considering she is one of the pioneering female vocalists/rock stars, and has a fabolous voice, yeah, I am. I agree wholeheartedly. She's one of the very few female leads I like.

Shinde Imasu
Probably because I gave my honest opinion that a particular band is horrible. You, on the other hand, flat out stated that rap is not a form of music. As much as I dislike 90% of rap music, you're wrong to make such a statement.

And again, complete disregard for what I just said ...

Impediment
And again, complete disregard for what I just said ...

No, it's not, Shinde Imasu. Your apparent problem is that your get easily offended by opinions that differ from your own. This is, in fact, a discussions board where peoples' opinions can be debated and discussed on many different levels.

However, you blatantly stated that hip-hop/rap cannot be classified as music. Yet, you get angry and defensive when your peers on this board discuss and debate the like with you. Your problem lies with your ability to take as well as you can give. If you can't listen to other people's opinions of your own statements without exploding or insinuating that we are "attacking you" or "giving total disregard" to your opinions, then I pity you.

As a moderator, I have a duty to be civil and clear headed when dealing with the likes of posters like you, so I'm just going to say:

Calm the hell down and learn to take other people's opinions like a mature individual.

Alpha Centauri
Shinde, you cannot say "Hip hop is not music, in my opinion.", because it FACTUALLY is music, whether you like it or not, it is a genre of music, it's a kind of music.

That's what you're not grasping. You are wrong, that is a fact.

-AC

Impediment
If anyone is "bashing" in this discussion, it's Shinde Imasu.

AC, nor myself or anyone else, has gotten irate in this discussion.

Shinde Imasu
Shinde, you cannot say "Hip hop is not music, in my opinion.", because it FACTUALLY is music, whether you like it or not, it is a genre of music, it's a kind of music.

That's what you're not grasping. You are wrong, that is a fact.

-AC

And I have accepted the fact that what I think is wrong. That's what you guys aren't realising. I've accepted that fact, and therefore there is no reason to continue this argument. At least someone has realised that and agrees with me that the fight shouldn't continue (Thanks, Bardock42). Please, forget what I said. It's my opinion. I realise that you mistook that for me trying to state a fact, and for that, I apologise. I didn't mean for it to sound like that.

And what I actually recall saying is not "Hip hop isn't music, in my opinion", I seem to remember saying that "Hip hop is not a decent kind of music". I may have worded it differently, but that's what I meant to say. Again, I'm sorry for any misuderstanding. And from now on, if anyone chooses to continue this argument, I'm going to leave it. I'm going to be a big boy about this and let the fight slide. Bardock42's already done it, I'd really appreciate it if the rest of you did as well.

Alpha Centauri
And I have accepted the fact that what I think is wrong. That's what you guys aren't realising. I've accepted that fact, and therefore there is no reason to continue this argument. At least someone has realised that and agrees with me that the fight shouldn't continue (Thanks, Bardock42). Please, forget what I said. It's my opinion. I realise that you mistook that for me trying to state a fact, and for that, I apologise. I didn't mean for it to sound like that.

And what I actually recall saying is not "Hip hop isn't music, in my opinion", I seem to remember saying that "Hip hop is not a decent kind of music". I may have worded it differently, but that's what I meant to say. Again, I'm sorry for any misuderstanding. And from now on, if anyone chooses to continue this argument, I'm going to leave it. I'm going to be a big boy about this and let the fight slide. Bardock42's already done it, I'd really appreciate it if the rest of you did as well.

No, nobody mistook you trying to state it as a fact, that's what you did, accept responsibility. I do not believe you "meant" it a different way, I believe you're just saying that cos everyone dived on you.

Either way, you've accepted you are wrong. So it's done.

-AC

Impediment

And what I actually recall saying is not "Hip hop isn't music, in my opinion", I seem to remember saying that "Hip hop is not a decent kind of music".

I beg to differ.

Shinde Imasu
Alright, AC's agreed to drop the argument. There's another. Please, I don't want this continued. I want to forget about what happened here. Like AC said, I've accepted responsibilty for what I did wrong. And I guess you're right when you say I only said that because everyone dived on me. That's probably what happened, I felt like I was getting ganged up on (And before you say anything, I know you weren't ganging up on me, it's just how I felt at the time).

Can we please forget the argument and get back onto the actual topic of this thread? It's an interesting subject, and it's kinda silly that it's being overrun by this argument.

chillmeistergen
I think it's funny that the band you classified as hip hop were the Pussycat Dolls, more than anything.

Shinde Imasu
Well, that's what I thought they were ... Obviously, I was wrong.

Impediment
Sarah Jezebel Deva, from Cradle of Filth and other projects, is another personailty I'd list. She does well, I think.

SelphieT
Sarah Jezebel Deva, from Cradle of Filth and other projects, is another personailty I'd list. She does well, I think.

Is she the chick that sings in Nymphetamine? Because when I saw Cradle of Filth live, they had someone else sing it, someone very scary, and biiiiiig.

Impediment
Is she the chick that sings in Nymphetamine? Because when I saw Cradle of Filth live, they had someone else sing it, someone very scary, and biiiiiig.

That sounds like her. She's put on some weight. yes

I love their cover of "Temptation".

SelphieT
That sounds like her. She's put on some weight. yes

I love their cover of "Temptation".

Wait, so the chick in the music video and the actual girl live....are they the same person?

Wind Sister
Love Eyes Set To Kill.

I know that they're both Male and Female vocalists but I love the way her voice sounds backed by the male.

Probably not the strongest female vocalist in Rock, definately, but beautiful sound.

Nightwish is good now. I didn't like Tarja. Ummm. . .Lacuna Coil is good, Within Temptation rules, Otep scares the hell out of me. Yup, that's pretty much it for me.

Paramore is cool, but I don't see them rock so much.

Impediment
Wait, so the chick in the music video and the actual girl live....are they the same person?

If I'm not mistaken, yes.

SelphieT
If I'm not mistaken, yes.

Holy shit........

No wonder she was wearing a mask........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.