Iron Man vs. Optimus Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ska57
This battle should be interesting....

(I don't know a whole lot about Optimus/Transformers so if you can give me a website about Optimus or the Transformers in general that would be cool)

Mane
Optimus would win. Iron Man doesnt stand a chance.

ska57
....you're right, this thread was a waste of space. embarrasment

Arachnoidfreak
Actually Iron man would put up a hell of a fight, but yes Optimus would eventually take him down.

ragesRemorse
optimus wouldnt even have to transform. Iron man would be road kill on the grill of the all mighty MAc Truck.

Arachnoidfreak
Ironman's been hit with more than a mack truck and still fought on. Optimus would definitly need to transform, escpecially against Ironman's newer armors.

Evangel94
If Iron Man can beat the hulk, i think he can beat a big rig named optimus

ragesRemorse
yeah if it were some ordinary mack truck, but we're talking about a mack truck PRIMED here, imean it's a mack truck with the power of the matrix (what ever the hell that means) . Iron man would be nothing more than a flat tire to optimus. smokin'

Evangel94
Iron Man wins in a good stomp. Optimus may be good, but not good enough to take on one of the founding members of the Avengers

SUPERMANDAMAN
No way Iron Man has this one i mean Iron couldnt even handle Wolverine so im sure Prime could get the job done.

SUPERMANDAMAN
When did Iron Man beat the Hulk cause the last two times i have read when they fought Iron Man has his ass handed to him in one of the comics he even admits that the Hulk is tougher.

kanis
alien I say iron man along with all his suits he has a giant robot and war machine any way it depends on which optimus prime you are talking about, if it is the comic one yeah he would kill iron man but not the transformers armada or the transformers energon they would die by Ironmans uber cannon.

DarkCrawler
Prime.

ska57
You're stupid if you think that Iron Man is going to stay on the ground if there was an "almighty Mac Truck" coming at him.

Now, from what I know Optimus Prime has a laser rifle which is an energy weapon and well.... Iron Man's laser absorption grid absorbs energy from attacks and redirects it to his weapon systems...... evil face

Iron Man first shoots semi-fluid polymer compound all over Optimus, draining electrical energy from him, then Iron Man can launch his adamantium-tipped scanalyzer probe missile into Prime which can locate a certain weak point in the robot and attach and EM field generator inside and in 21 seconds........KA-BOOOOOOM!!!!

(Iron Man #300)

Kontraz
yeah, good thing prime doesnt use electricity and isnt effected by EMP..... laughing

seriously though, i think the fight would be decent for the first second and a half, but Optimus just outclasses iron man in fighting by such a margin, it isnt even funny. I mean we're talking millions upon millions of years of combat training.

and to make the fight more "even" (though optimus would win either way i bet), lets give iron man the choice... either he gets his original armor, and Prime gets his original scheme, OR, Iron Man gets his latest armor, and goes up against POWERMASTER PRIME!!! If he wants to live more than 5 seconds, ol' iron man better choose the first option, otherwise prime will be dancing all over his crushed can of iron soup before anybody knows what happened!!! Happy Dance

ska57
Yeah, I didn't know that Optimus didn't run on electricity.

Alright, now this is the part when I abandon the roll of an Iron Man fanboy and honestly and say without any biased opinions that Optimus Prime can beat Iron Man. So there, I will admit that someone can defeat Iron Man, you just have to give evidence and I will be satisfied.

moshtitan
ahhh.....good to be back. now lets see what weve got here.... iron man(tony stark in his hi tech suit) or Prime(a huge frickin robot). hmmmmm....first looking at this fight one might assume Prime would dominate, but Iron Mans no slouch. he could definitely put up a bit of a fight. heres how i see it. If Iron sides had a chance to prepare(i know thats way overused on this forum) he might actually be able to beat Prime. but if the 2 just randomly met up, then Prime would most likely win.

ragesRemorse
Dude, iron man wouldnt even see Prime comming until he heard his fog horn blast right before he was pummled under the mighty wheel of the mac truck.Prime would be doin doughnuts on Iron mans dead twisted body. Happy Dance Happy Dance

ska57
Man you're stupid, I even said Iron Man wouldn't win, but the statement that you just made, was just plain retarded.

Beyonder
Iron Man wins. Wow a big freaken truck! Fing Fang Foom is a big freaken space dragon, and IM can handle him. Yeah Prime is an awesome warrior, but IM can do nearly everything Prime can do and fly as well. Prime can blast all he wants, but Stark can absorb it.

And Prime weights about 20 tons right? IM is class 85 and can boost it up to 100 and above by redirecting his powers. What's Prime's class anyways?

Kontraz
Prime's class is killing a robot that taller than most skyscrapers in one blast.... i dont think that skill can be measured...

ska57
I read somewhere that Prime can lift 2,000 tons.

Evangel94
Iron Man can absorb any energy attack optimus could throw at him and redirect it through his energy absortion grid. So that strategy is removed

Iron Man's classic armor could knock out Hulk with one punch. Iron Man has picked up and hurled godzilla far out to sea. Iron Man is alot stronger than your giving him credit for.

Prime's just a big robot truck with a big laser rifle. Nothing Iron Man can't handle. He's faced waaaaaay bigger and more powerful enemies.

Kontraz
yeah... one problem with the godzilla scenerio... instinct. Godzilla is an ANIMAL... not a highly evolved robotic alien life form which could out match iron man in pure skill with ease. He doesnt NEED a weapon, he could just crush him in his hands if thats what would work....

plus... prime has the matrix... which is capable of destroying entire planets simply by opening it....

Mane
Shut up...

Evangel94
Is that all u have to say? that's pretty much a waste of a post and isn't helping to further add to the discussion.

Kontraz
yeah, you seemed to ignore how i actually had something to say....

Beyonder
Originally posted by Kontraz
yeah... one problem with the godzilla scenerio... instinct. Godzilla is an ANIMAL... not a highly evolved robotic alien life form which could out match iron man in pure skill with ease. He doesnt NEED a weapon, he could just crush him in his hands if thats what would work....

plus... prime has the matrix... which is capable of destroying entire planets simply by opening it....

Really? So Prime openned it and the matrix wiped out the Decepticons and Megatron, right? Oh wait, he won't do that cause it would destroy the planet and what's to say it wouldn't destroy Prime as well.

As for Prime crushing IM with his hands, are you serious? Gee, I didn't know Godzilla didn't have hands or feet to step on IM, even though this pic says otherwise.

http://www.comicmonsters.com/CMimages/godzilla.gif

And Godzilla also has atomic breath.

moshtitan
atomic breath is so cool.

Mane
you can get atomic breath easily. just eat an onion sandwich with some garlic butter.

Nataku8188
Optimus Prime's blaster rifle uses energon, pure energy. God knows if Iron Man's suit could handle the sheer level of power that thing has. Even so, while Iron Man tries to absorb the blasts, Optimus can charge. Unless Iron Man can absorb and fight someone who is not only more intelligent, more experienced and more powerful then him at the same time... it'll be over very quickly.

Kontraz
Godzilla is an idiot... and thats comming from a guy that owns pretty much all the godzilla movies on dvd or vhs.... Godzilla is also extremely slow, i dont think in any of the comics or movies he actually picked someone up.

Optimus Prime never opened the matrix because he never needed to... they always ended up winning anyway. However, hot rod opened it up and blew unicron to pieces.

ragesRemorse
If it werent for the amtrix, Iron man would own prime and make him look like a winf up toy robot.

ska57
Wow, why are you going with Iron Man now?

Kontraz
because he's right.... optimus prime was a RECORDS CLERK before he was given the matrix, which transformed him into the Prime, granting him the knowledge and wisdom of all the primes that had come before him. He also got REALLY buffed. A good example of what the matrix can do to someone is hotrod. Now, go and watch Transformers: The Movie. Hot rod is a young, brash, courages, hard headed autobot who has some natural skill but is overall wreckless. He gets the matrix and becomes rodimus prime. Instantly he is almost twice his size, has all the skills of a hardened war vet, and nearly uncomparable strength. Hell, he beat galvatron (an ADVANCED version of Megatron) like he was nothing at all, yet megatron had killed prime (though it was due to hot rod's interferance)!!! Really, the matrix gives a definite edge!

SUPERMANDAMAN
HOLY SH*T do you actually read comics????? The Hulk has beaten Iron Man every time even Iron Man said that he cant beat the hulk in a comic. Not to mention Hulk almost killed him in the Ultimates now wouldnt you think that if the Hulk can smack Iron Man around that easily someone like Prime could do it also considering Prime can lift thousands of tons has loads more experience and intelligence and not to mention he has the advantage of range also. I mean Iron Man got tore by wolverine for crying out loud honestly i think there are to many fanboys and girls here. mad

ragesRemorse
Never was going with eigther one, just over exagerating a biased opinion. When i state a serious fact. I am not going to just write a character off and side with the other and decribe the outcome using dribble.When i look at this bout unbiased, Iron man seemingly has the upper hand on Prime,but when you consider the power of the matrix, anything Iron man can do is useless. Yeah, and Rodimus kicked major ass.

Evangel94
Use some perioids and commas. I hate reading one giant mess. The ultimates version of iron man is different from mainstream continuity.
Iron Man has beaten the hulk in his own comic waaaay back when he had the classic armor.

ragesRemorse
off topic,but, Hulk spanks Iron Man.

SUPERMANDAMAN
First off Ultimate Iron man is tougher that regular Iron Man, since its suppose to be his most advanced suit, even when they first show his home in the Ultimates you can see his older model suits in the back ground. Second in their most RECENT fight Hulk beats Iron Man (mainstream)and even Iron Man says that he cant beat The Hulk. So stop stating that he can beat the Hulk when he has even stated that he cant, I like Iron Man but he is not as tough as your making him out to be.

ragesRemorse
yeah, even optimus primes spanks iron man

Evangel94
You absolutely flat out know nothing about Iron Man based on that paragraph. The Ultimate universe takes place outside normal Marvel continuity so none of his actual past suits can from the marvel universe can be in the ultimate universe. The Ultimate versions are weaker than there Marvel counterparts. Regardless of whether you read it or not, anyone should know that.

Iron Man has beaten Hulk before in Iron Man Volume I with his "classic" armor which is a rust bucket compared to today's newer Iron Man armors. He has displayed power to surpass Hulk as well.

Iron Man has NEVER stated that he can't beat Hulk. That's just your fanboyism talking there.

Hulk didn't beat Iron Man in that recent issue. I assume your talking about Iron Man's guest appearance in the Hulk comic. The Hulk lost! He lost to a Tony Stark so drugged up that he wasn't really fighting at all! He was drugged up Idiot and the Hulk still lost. I might also add that story was poorly written and made no sense at all.

In fact Iron Man in latest issue of the avengers knocks out Savage She Hulk with a SINGLE punch! The same She-Hulk whose put up more than a fight for the Hulk.

SUPERMANDAMAN
First off if you read the comic he wasnt druged up it was gamma poisioning, second it did not affect his ability to fight and at the end of the comic he says "you were holding back on your punches werent you? " and then he pretty much says dang i was feeling like some big shit thinking i beat the hulk and then he goes on to say well i guess the Hulk still remains unbeatable. So you dont think that pretty much states that he cant beat the Hulk.
Also how can you compare She-Hulk to the Hulk that is the dumbest thing in the world She- Hulk on a good day cant lift over 85 tons where as Hulk can lift over a 100 tons(not pissed) second she does not have near the amount of durability as he nor does she have as strong or a healing factor.

Tron
That's only professor Hulk, savage Hulk starts at about 85 and works up. I still see what you're saying though.

Evangel94
To knock out She-Hulk with a single punch is an impressive feat. She doesn't have "hulk" in her name for nothing.

Mane
well, the fact of bad writing and the fact that you used it is enough for me to sluff it off and say "WHOOP-DEE-FRIGGIN-DOO!"

honestly, thats horrid writing. i dont care what anyone says, Hulk is far superior to She-Hulk and/or Iron Man.

SUPERMANDAMAN
yea he is

SUPERMANDAMAN
Wow ! man you sure know what you are talking about dont you. So does that mean that if someone were able to beat up Super dog(krypto)
does that mean they can take on Superman?? Or is that just you tring to say something because you know that Iron Man cant beat the Hulk.
eek!

SUPERMANDAMAN

Evangel94
Iron Man beat the Hulk over 2 decades ago.

Evangel94

Tron
Yeah, but I have to ask what the cover ask since I never read it: At what cost?

Evangel94
Iron Man used up almost all of his armors power reserves to defeat the Hulk, which is why he's lying on the ground on the cover.

Kontraz
so then isnt it more of a draw? Hulk was defeated, but iron man BASICALLY died (the suit anyway)

SUPERMANDAMAN
Ok well i dont care what he did two decades ago the characters have changed since then and now in their most recent fight Iron Man couldnt beat him. Happy Dance

Kontraz
i have an idea... lets leave the hulk out of this!!! if you wanna talk about the hulk, go make an iron man vs hulk thread. Cuz frankly, i could care less about the hulk.. i dont like him, nor do i like his comics. There is about a page worth of comments on NOTHING but iron man vs hulk when the thread is iron man vs prime!

SUPERMANDAMAN
Well then this thread should be closed cause Prime is out of his league.

Tron
How about we put Iron Man up against Soundwave?wink

Swanky-Tuna
Or Iron Man vs Optimus Prime in a giant human suit.

Kontraz
wtf?!?!? Have you read ANYTHING that has been typed???? Prime would most likely dominate this match.... and if iron man gets one of his "newer" suits, then he should be fighting Powermaster Prime, which is pretty much invincible...

and no, soundwave shouldn't fight iron man... he'd lose badly

badsymbiote
yes

Amen.

SUPERMANDAMAN
LOL sry about that i meant to put Iron Man is out of his league.

crazyspinz
ya prime would own

but iron man is still way cooler

muffin man
Iron man

Evangel94
Iron Man wins.

grey fox
nope prime all out kills iron man

lets put the stats shall we

prime can lift 400,000 lbs per square inch and a punch from his fist exerts a force of 12,000 lbs per square inch

i can say that a punch from prime knocks oll shell heads noggin straight off of his neck

K3VIL
Ultimate Iron Man:
He's a little worst compared to regular Iron Man.
Cause he need a team of over 100 people to prepare the armor and launch himself out of a base.Regular IM can just wear it and go fighting the super villains without a squad.But UIM has show a great feat of strenght when VS Chitauri aliens, when he use his armor to change the direction of a starship that was really big to save a city.That feat of power leave the armor drained of almost all his energy and Tony in shock status, and he need to been linked to a light in the street to recharge the armor with all the energy of an Electric Central

Regular Iron Man:
Durin his last fight with Hulk, he was wearing an armor he create with the help of Bruce Banner, an armor able to absorb gamma radiations and use them to enhance the armor's power.
But also the armor cause the wearer to enter in a megalomaniac state, and Tony starts to destroy things just for fun, when Hulk try to stop him, he was hitted with hyper repulsor blast that throw him away for several miles in the desert.Then they starts to fight, but the actual Hulk is not the old "HULK SMASH" it's a mix of Professor Hulk and Hulk Smash, and the madder he gets the stronger he gets, but Banner wouldn't let him hurt Tony, that is one of his older friends and commrades in the Avengers.So Hulk was holding back, cause even a so strong version of Iron Man, wouldn't be able to resist to the power of Savage Hulk if Banner starts to let the mad working and releasing adrenaline.
So the fight can be called a draw, cause if one of the fighters is holding back, the fight isn't a fight.
Tony himself says to Bruce he's happy that Hulk is still unbeatable, cause if it wasn't so in that situation there wasn't someone able to stop IM that was really nearly invincible.

Kontraz
like i said before, if iron man gets an improved suit, prime gets his powermaster upgrade, and iron man would be reduced to nothing in moments if powermaster was involved.

Swanky-Tuna
Are those figures right? A martial artist can kick with over 2000 psi.

Kontraz
maybe he means per square foot....

Swanky-Tuna
Per square foot would make it less effective.

muffin man
subterranian armour Iron man has a Drill

CountQuan
OPTIMUS PRIME

Bump lord
Bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.