Who wants to enter a poetry contest ??(The Poetry Contest Discussion Thread)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Krabs55
OK heres how it is. If enough of you poets want to enter this I can start it sometime by next week. Just reply and tell me if you want to enter. Please Please say yes.. I need some contestants !! eek! eek! eek! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance wink wink wink

Krabs55
OMG COME ON >>>ENTER >>>ENTER >>>ENTER !!!

Krabs55
or not

Krabs55
sad

Krabs55
Well I am gonna try to bring this up again...since I have been gone for awhile. I would really like to do this so you are intersted either pm me or just say so on here...this would be really cool I think if not thats fine but I would really like to do this. So, please tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trickster
I'd join it. If anyone else did!

Candy x
i wouldnt like to join..poetry is written to express your inner feelings...it would be wrong to have a winner and a loser...When both peeps but their blood and sweat into it

Trickster
It depends - if the contest is about a certian thing - for instance, we have to write about somehing or describe something...

Syren
That's far too deep sweetie, don't read so much into it. The reason I post my work is so as to gain constructive criticism, if I was going to be bothered by losing a competition I wouldn't post my work in the first place erm

I'd join, but I suggest we have a specific theme....

Black Dragon
A theme...
How about love....or maybe the BETRAY and Pain it can make you feel?!

Syren
Betrayal? Yeah, that's good. I guess we start then.....

Write your entries in this thread, I suppose I'll judge, and Black Dragon, because it was his idea for the theme big grin Krabs isn't around any more erm

lil bitchiness
This thread is kinda oldish confused

Is everyone still up to this? You might wanna advertise more blink

Trickster
Well he did only post yesterday... wink

I'm still up for it - someone put some sort of limits on the poems - rhyme, verse, etc

Syren
I didn't look at his last post ninja Apologies. I suggest we wait for Krabs' return happy

Trickster
Lol. I'm thinking we should start up a Poetry discussion, too, so that we can discuss poems without interuppting people's showcases...

Who's our mod?

Silver Stardust
Milla's the mod.

Hell, I might enter...maybe. I'm pretty bad at writing poetry though.

Telperaca
I guess some one took a pretty bad hit today! Sowwie Mikey, *hugs*
You know atleast I'm always gonna be there for you...

Trickster
Hey, Lil... What you think of a Poetry Discussion bit?

lil bitchiness
I think its a great idea thumb up

Whoever wants to start the thread, and I'll make it sticky happy

Telperaca
Trickster should do the houners, just to be fair smile

Trickster
Damn. Syren already beat me to it!

Lol... Now I'll never be remembered for anything, not even on the internet!

Syren
embarrasment I've given you the credit embarrasment embarrasment

Trickster
Lol! stick out tongue

So, hows this competition going?

I say we give it another day for Krabs, then give it over to someone not entering to judge wink

Krabs55
YAY! I am back...and I am girl guys...whatever. Anyway, about the theme be your thoughts on death...does everyone like that?

Krabs55
I guess I will judge and whoever else wants to as well. In 2 weeks we shall choose a winner. Thanks for everyone who entered!! smile smile

Syren
Ok, two weeks is good... and Krabs, are you judging on your own? Death as the theme.... anyone got any worries about that?

Trickster
Nope.

Any specific qualities of death you want Krabs?

BadBoy_105
pardon me but what kind of poems do we have to write? writing about darkness is my speciality, well, so people tell me anyway.

Syren
Good, a 'Death' theme shouldn't be too difficult for you big grin

Silver Stardust
What poetry I do write is usually dark and depressing, so a death theme would work well.

Syren
I know exactly what I'm going to do... it's gonna be a little different. Based on Pratchett if you know what I mean big grin

Candy x
So its on betrayal...i think allima should judge she wont be biased.

Syren
No, it's on death, Sarah... and Krabs is judging apparently.... I'm not sure if Milla's into poetry, ask her if she writes it. I'm happy to judge and not enter, if you like big grin

Krabs55
Great, I am glad everyone likes the theme and yes I am judging since this was my idea in the first place and syren you can judge as well. If you guys what the theme to be certain things on death give me some ideas. Thanks, Krabz

Syren
big grin

So Krabz and I will abstain from the contest then, so there are two opinions on each entry. Ok with everyone?

Silver Stardust
Fine with me!

Syren
I think we should allow everyone to begin in their own time.... just post your entries here and Krabz and I will confer via PM.

Trickster
So just death in general?

Krabs55
Yes, anything death at all

Silver Stardust
Okay, so are we going to have a seperate thread to post the actual entries in? Sort of like with the sig contests, where there's one thread for only entries?

Candy x
Right do we have rules...like an end date..and stuff!

And I agree with Alana i think we should have a poem contest thread! Peeps should post them in there! It would be less hassle!

Telperaca
Scary theme you have going here...DEATH

Syren
I think we should just post entries in here to save clutter, I for one always read the entire thread, so nothing will be missed. And the competition will be spanning two weeks according to Krabs, so that takes us to the 27th of this month.

Candy x
Do we have a line limit? sorry if im bugging everyone with my questions.

Syren
Nope, I'd assume that because of individual style and preference we can't really put too many limitations on, so just ensure that the poem is in some way relevant to the theme and it's fine.

Candy x
Cool! HAS ANYONE SEEN MY PEN AND PAPERR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Silver Stardust
I figured that it would be less cluttered if we posted all the entries in a different thread and then used this one to discuss and give feedback on the entries...but whatever works smile

Candy x
Im am somewhat half done!

Krabs55
If you guys need more time just tell me!

Syren
That's true.... Lana, make a thread called Entries then, I guess it keep everything in its own place that way big grin

Silver Stardust
Alrighty happy

Silver Stardust
Done and done.

Now to write my entry....

Trickster
Hmm... I need to start.

BTW, any f you guys live in Indiannapolis (?) ?

Silver Stardust
I live near there, in Chicago, about a 3-4 hour drive from Indianapolis...why? Any particular reason?

Syren
banyey

Go poets! Mhmm big grin

Candy x
I entered mine!

Silver Stardust
I wrote my entry last night, but I think I'll wait a few days before posting it; I want to first make sure that there's nothing I need to fix and if I still like it.

Syren
Yeah, that's what I told Sarah earlier today happy

BadBoy_105
hey is the poetry contest still up? sure wouldn't mind entering

Syren
Go for it, post your final entry in the entries thread, but only when you're happy with it big grin

Krabs55
great the more the merrier!

Candy x
Well im happy with mine!

Trickster
I'm going there on holiday.

Silver Stardust
Neat...though why Indianapolis? There's not much there....laughing out loud

Trickster
My dad knows a family there... I wanted to experience American school, so I'm going for a couple of days. big grin

Anyway, I'm all confused about what I'm gunna right my poem on.

Syren
You could write it from the point of view of Death himself big grin

Trickster
Okay I have two poems, but I'm not sure which one to submit! Oh, no! wink

Syren
Just go with your instinct.... I'm sure they're both excellent in their own way happy

Trickster
Hmmm... And now I need help deciding which order to put the verses in. Do you think a suicide should go first, or after a stabbing?

Syren
Depends who's being stabbed, if the suicide is a result of the stabbing then it needs to go last.... but if someone committed suicide and then someone else got stabbed as an ensuing occurrence, then vice versa. If possible, and if you're clever enough, you could put the second event first and then tie in the first event at the end of the poem, but you need to make a strong and obvious connection in between. Hope I helped big grin

Trickster
Fraid not, Syren!

They are completely unnconnected!

You shall see, once I have finished the type-up!

Syren
erm Apologies, I made a few assumptions embarrasment

Trickster
And they're done! I had two poems, but I chose the one I thought was most appealing... Though it is darker. However, here is my other on!

Nothingness awaits us
Beyond a simple light
Darkness ringed in flame
House on fire in the night

A back alley mugging
Stab wound to the throat
Beckoning clear blue surf
Remains left to ever float

Comfortable welcome bed
Passed away while we sleep
Yet we fear the unknown
And tears of sorrow weep.

Syren
This is good, if a little short.... I'm guessing you wanted it to be blunt and full on? Well written.

Trickster
I don't write long poetry - a message that takes so long to read it gets tedious isn't really getting a point across.

Silver Stardust
I posted my entry...embarrasment I don't know why I picked suicide to write it about, since that's a very touchy subject with me and not one I like to talk about...but yeah erm

Syren
It's good that you can approach such a personally sensitive subject with professionalism yes Well done sweetie hug

Silver Stardust
Thanks Kez hug

Trickster
It's depressing that whenever I think of death I think of suicide. I've just realised that. sad

Krabs55
really i think about what happens after death.

Syren
Nothing, nada, nil..... we DIE.

Silver Stardust
Which is also what I believe.

...we agree about a LOT of things, you know that Kez? laughing out loud

Syren
Astoundingly so wink

Krabs55
wow I cant believe we have nine contestants ...thats awesome!

Syren
Yep. For the record, it's going fabulously, and the winner will be announced on Friday (it's an extra day but who's complaining??) happy

Candy x
hey I saw someone entered twice is that allowed!

Syren
I already spoke to JJ and he's supposed to tell me which poem he wants to actually submit erm

Silver Stardust
Cool happy

Trickster
I'd propose it's only important if one of his poems is judged the best... And then tell him to choose.

But if he replies, it's all good!

Krabs55
I think it is allowed but only one of this poems can win.

Syren
Yeah.... but I wanted to know which one to actually judge. It doesn't seem fair that he has a double chance of winning erm

Krabs55
ok..then just judge one.

Syren
crazy

But. Which. One.

Trickster
Well how about you just ignore both of them!

Or just give him his double chance...

And then ask him AFTERWARD which poem was his entry, but without telling him which one won (if they do).

Syren
laughing Nah, it's cool... Krabs and I are judging already. Not agreeing, but judging.

Syren
Please Note: I am pulling out of the contest as judge. Krabs will be the sole judge from here. We cannot agree as our personal appreciation of poetry differs drastically, and although we are judging in an unbiased fashion, we are still finding it very difficult to come to a decision.

Trickster
Man...

Ah well, I don't know if this is good or bad.

Will you tell us what you were voting for?

Silver Stardust
erm

Syren
I'm not revealing anything... Krabs will still be revealing the winner, and second and third position tomorrow happy

I'll be entering the next one though, I think I'm better off competing rather than judging.

Krabs55
hey sryen so you arent a judge now?

Trickster
Nah, she's not.

Syren
Obviously not big grin I explained why in that PM wink

Krabs55
ok I already told the winners I amde a new thread go look!

Silver Stardust
Congrats to the winners!!! group

Syren
So, who's up for another competiton?

I'm interested in judging this one, so Krabs, you can enter.

The main reason for my dropping out of judging was simply down to differences in opinion and taste. Which is perfectly understandable, everyone's got such varied styles, I think it's hard to have more than one judge agree completely enough in a competition like this.

Silver Stardust
I'd be up to another one...Kez, would you mind if I judged as well, as opposed to entering? You and I have pretty similar tastes so that shouldn't be a problem happy

Syren
OMG I was just thinking that laughing out loud When I asked to judge the next one I was going to PM you to see if you'd help big grin Because, yes, we have amazingly similar tastes.

Silver Stardust
And once again, we apparently think the same way!!! laughing

Syren
roll eyes (sarcastic)

You just did the exact same thing in the Homosexuality thread big grin

Silver Stardust
LMAO I know...sometimes I swear we have to be related or something, we're just too much alike in so many ways.

Syren
You're stalking me... I've been doing that Disney Quiz for the last 10 minutes and then I post my reply, and yours is there!!! laughing It's intense flirt

Silver Stardust
LMAO!!!

*goes and checks*

Well damn, you did just reply there!!! laughing

Syren
Yah... like 5 minutes after you. And it took me ages to complete it roll eyes (sarcastic) I'm scared no expression

Silver Stardust
Weird no expression

What would have been weirder is if we had all the same answers on the Disney quiz.

Krabs55
I thought you wanted to enter this time...you make no sense...you change your mind a lot.

Syren
Yeah... I decided that the next competition should be held for longer and judged properly.

Trickster
Now now Syren...

No need for bitchiness stick out tongue J/k.

Like I said in my PM, if you do wanna enter, I'll judge.

Syren
Ok, well, Lana and I are going to judge the next one. Then you and I can judge the third together, or you can fly solo big grin

Krabs55
wtf...stop bashing me i did nothing to you!

Syren
I'm not bashing anyone confused

Can we just start again? There's a new competition to be discussed and introduced once Lana and I have spoken privately.

Krabs55
fine

Syren
Ok, good... I'm PMing Lana right now happy

Silver Stardust
We've decided on a theme, it shall be announced in about 5 minutes yes

Trickster
Thirty minutes later...

Syren
laughing Apologies, we got distracted, gossiping and such roll eyes (sarcastic)

Silver Stardust
bang We were discussing other things than just the poetry contest, ya know....stick out tongue

Poetry Contest...Part 2!!!

Krabs55
coolo

Trickster
So what do people think of the entries so far?

Silver Stardust
So far, the entries are quite good yes I'll see if I can get some more people to enter.

brandino
what about my nonsense mumbo jumbo poem it means something to me and thats all i need if it reaches anyone else that is good

Trickster
Um, it didn't seem to have much of a relation to the theme of jealousy...

Good poem though!

Silver Stardust
I have to agree; I read your poem, and while it IS good, it really doesn't have much to do with envy/jealousy, which is the theme for the contest.

Did you read the contest rules at all before entering?

brandino
no sorry lol i was just feeling the poem and couldnt resist myself

Syren
Please refer to the entries thread happy

Silver Stardust
Brandino's entry will not be considered in the judging as it didn't follow the rules.

PLEASE, people, read the contest rules! They're in the first post, and it's really not much!

And by the way, the contest will be running until Valentine's Day, when it will end and Syren and myself will begin judging. So there's still some time left to get entries in, and the ones that have been entered so far are very good!

Trickster
Interesting...
Jealousy on Valentine's Day - how ironic!

Silver Stardust
laughing

Well, letting it run for two weeks would have it end on V-Day...that IS pretty funny though queen

By the way, Syren and I decided to put together some rules for the Poetry section, if you all would like to read yes just some simple common sense in order to keep this place orderly.

Syren
Keep it clean guys, keep it clean banyey

Silver Stardust
Just a reminder, everyone, if you haven't already entered the contest you have until Monday to do so!

Syren
thumb up eyes

Silver Stardust
Hi echo stick out tongue

Silver Stardust
One day left!!! Tomorrow the contest will close, and Syren and I will judge big grin

Trickster
We're still waiting... stick out tongue

Just use PMs!

Silver Stardust
She hasn't been on in two days! stick out tongue

Persaeous
"I seem to have a problem
I think I've lost my heart
I can't find it anywhere its like im searching through the dark
Then i start to panic
And wonder what to do
Then i remember
My heart belongs to you"

I made this for my one true love. Cody Stutsman. embarrasment love

peterKSL
by peterKSL

LOVE

"What is love?
Love is a passion, an enduring flame,
Which can be a poison,
To those who are innocent."

"Love gives joy,
Love gives hope,
All ways are narrowed to only one way,
Love."

"Love is the beginning,
And an ending of one patriot's life,
No love is fate,
but just a perfection in life."

"Everyday, thinking,
Thinking, and thinking,
Whole day long thinking only of one thing,
Her."

Silver Stardust
If you guys want to post your poetry, feel free to open up your own threads; but please don't clog up this thread.

peterKSL
sorry... I'm new here

confused

Silver Stardust
No problem.

Silver Stardust
WINNERS HAVE BEEN POSTED!!!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>