Jim Caviezel is Superman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Shmedi
According to an article at www.superherohype.com, Jim Caviezel (y'know, Jesus) will be playing the Man of Steel in the upcoming movie (Not titled Superman Returns, but just Superman). According to the article, Warner Bros. will make an official announcement shortly. It also states that Caviezel has been interested in the role for a while and that they will be taking a cue from Batman Begins and starting over with the franchise. Anyway, while I can't say I'm not dissapointed that Welling will not be Superman, Caviezel seems to be a good choice. We'll see what happens.

TheFilmProphet
Here is the actual article below.

Is Jim Caviezel Superman?
Source: Mark Millar
Monday, August 30, 2004

Comic book writer Mark Millar has posted on his official website that "The Passion of The Christ" and "The Count of Monte Cristo" star Jim Caviezel is the new Superman...

You remember I told you to relax about Superman? That a very, very trusted and experienced director we'd all love was coming over? That McG was just a blip? That everything would be fine?

Well, my same good buddy has informed me that, as of last Thursday night, Mister Jim Caviezel is officially the new man of steel and what a perfect choice he is. Expect an announcement shortly. Also, this Superman Returns thing was just for the press release. The movie itself is called SUPERMAN (Reeve's was called SUPERMAN THE MOVIE) and it's starting everything from scratch. Brainiac. Krypton. Robots. Alien super-cities.

We'll have to wait and see if Warner Bros. confirms this. Bryan Singer is directing the film for a Summer 2006 release.

Caviezel's manager, Beverly Dean, previously said that the actor would be interested in playing the role. "Would he like to do it? He loves Superman. But the truth is there has been no offer, the script isn't even finished - but absolutely he'd be interested.

CMCC
Anybody know Brad Johnson? He was in the Speilberg film "Always"
check him out. He is perfect for Superman.

C

BloomBabyGirl
hey wasnt caviezel jesus in the pasison? ya he doe slook like superman a bit so id like to see him try

Corsie
Any more news on the new Superman?

TheFilmProphet
Check here http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f48/t303945.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.