best artists that youre sure nobody here has heard of

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bardock
this place is dominated by underground fans of all types of music. so tell everyone about your fav people let barely anyone knows.
check out skillz

Evil Dead
everybody knows skillz

el_barto
Look up Slobber Bone (Excelent combination of country and rock)

well i'm not sure if people here know them or not

but if you don't check out "The Impossibles" -they're broken up now

ragesRemorse
mozart

WindDancer
Buckwheat Zydeco.

GABRIEL05
Noble, however eight out of 10 people know at least his name and that he was a famous classical composer. Now say something like Bartok, or Sun Ra...

ElectricBugaloo
The Thermals, The Shins (that's stretchin it a little), Karate, JJ Cale, Average White Band, Vast, The Mountain Goats, Mates of STate, Matt Pond PA, Hum, Firewater, Elbow (think people have heard of 'em though), Dislocated Styles, The Apex Theory

Deathblow
There's some good bands in there. The Thermals, The Shins, Average White Band, Elbow (my dad's into them), Dislocated Styles (though I hate them) and Apex Theory I all know.

Deathblow
Asphyx, Eucharist, Backstab, Frenzal Rhomb, Anotherdeadsupermodel, Suffocation, Bolt Thrower, Helstar, Glass Casket, Team Sleep (they'll be big soon).

ElectricBugaloo
my godi hate Frenzal Rhomb. uninspired, bad music.

Df02
The Shins are quite well known arent they? well ive heard of em, and loads of ppl i know have

Needle Sharing
Otis
Tenfold truth
Hondo Maclean (altho i know 1 person knows them on here actually...)

Deathblow
don't tell me, I didn't list them messed

Df02
yea u did......messed

HockeyHorror
Latyrx

Deathblow
No ElectricBugaloo listed them in the above post, then I said that I'd heard of them.

finti
huh is he suppose to be unknown???

HockeyHorror
(MC) Juice

Tex
Abandoned Pools, Kill Hannah

lil bitchiness
Not Kill Hannah.

Myself and a group of my friends have known of them for a while.

Tex
That's cuz you're a hipster! raver

HockeyHorror
John Smith
Madlib (Quasimoto)
Oh No (madlibs brother)

no expression

Darth Revan
oh come on, everybody knows Bartok roll eyes (sarcastic)
...or at least everybody I know...

The Epoxymorons. Local rock band.

moshtitan
Epochal.....theyre a local metalcore band(actually its kind of hard to place them in one genre) but theyre starting to get some recognition finally. theryre really worht checking out, cuz they are indeed badass.
www.beam.to/epochal or www.hxcmp3.com

furryman
everybody knows kill hannah stick out tongue

Deathblow
Killing Heidi. I don't like them, but few people have heard of them. I think they're Australian.

khalla
Guster
Letter Kills
Thousand Foot Krutch
Unwritten Law

ragesRemorse
yes but 8 out of 10 people could not tell you one peice of his music.Not many people have really ever heard or have tried to hear mozart. If mozart behtoveen,or tchiacowsky were not taught in school, then 8 out of ten people would not even know their names. that is sad to. No one knew music like these people. these are artists to create the most emotional and beautifull music, not to mention themost genious and challenging. How about chopin, Hydn,sibelious i bet very little people know these names.Bela was a wonderfull composer too though.

Arahael
I've heard of Guster and everybody's heard of Unwritten Law.

Deathblow
and Thousand Foot Krutch.

khalla
Well sorry people i talk to have never heard of them

MF D00m
Park-Like Setting
Fermented Reptile
Count Bass D
Break Bread
Qwel
Pip Skid
Micranots

norrin radd
do you like classical music? then listen to Rachmaninov.

Darth Revan
Thousand Foot Krutch isn't exactly little-known erm

And about classical... Everybody knows about Chopin, Haydn, and Sibelius... Or at least I hope they do confused

Deathblow
doh thats what I was saying!!! Read the post above mine again mister nono

I was finishing her sentence yes

Arahael
Cobalt Blue
Pocketchange
Milestone
Pillar

Darth Revan
oh sad

Negasonic
The Atomic Bitchwax (Groovetacular Stoner Rock), Brant Bjork and the Operators, The Desert Sessions, Brant Bjork, Captain Beyond, Hawkwind.

You can tune your guitars down all you want, but it still won't make up for a total lack of actual musical talent.

finti
Classical: EriK Satie

Lord_Andres
Not sure if you guys heard'em, but be sure to cheac out a band called Firehouse next time you buy or download music thumb up

lil bitchiness
Nile!
OMG they are sooo bad. Its some kind of death/black metal, one of those where all words sound like:

''ggggggrrrrrrr Arrrggg Arrrrgggg gggrraaahhhhaaarrggghh''

Df02
Nile are terrible, i agree

Mr Zero
If we live in a world were people haven't heard of JJ Cale then we may as well burn it down.

Can't see the point of this thread - if nobody has heard of the bands then you may as well be typing a list of made-up names. A hint as to the STYLE of the band would help - no?

These are all mostly instrumental post-rock minimalist ambient stylee.

Boards Of Canada
Autechre
Explosions in the Sky
Silver Mt Zion
Do Make Say Think
Mum

§nakehead
Saliva

Deathblow
Are you serious? blink

Everyone knows (and hates) Saliva. They were on the radio in the car like a second ago.

§nakehead
I know that I was being sarcastic confused

Deathblow
sure you were thumb up

moshtitan
ive heard Boards of Canada and Nile.....and Nile is badass. you just dont relate to the music.

big gay kirk
Yo la Tengo... NY indie band, very good....
Cage-A... melodic rock..... whatever that is!!
The Freed Unit.... weird indie.... their lp, Field Notes from Out There made the US chart show on MTV once... get hold of it if you can...
The Purple Nasties... heavy rock...
The Joshua Trio... U2 to a cajun/country beat...
Hazey Dixie... country and western tribute to AC/DC.....

Mortanius
Children of Bodom. They picked up pretty much where Metallica left off.

ElectricBugaloo
oh, i forgot about Kinky, I love them.

loserib
thr3efold

Kaleanae
Soda Stereo - great band from the 90s - they are from Argentina but already split up
Phoenix
Maybe some of you heard of this one, My Blood Valentine, they are great stick out tongue

moshtitan
Children of Bodom kick so much ass.

Broken_Johnson
Has anyone heard of Drain Sth? they're this all girl band, i think they're swedish or something

Df02
every1 mustve heard of COB...theyre damn good

any1 heard Chikinki.. not saying theyre unheard of, but not very well known here neway

Real
Dry Cell
Exithiside

Arachnoidfreak
Razed in Black. Good band.

Bad Boy
Check out hardcore metal band, Burning Skies.... and As True Life Tied

ragesRemorse
manhiem steamroller

loserib
ive seen drain sth they were kinda like alice n chains with girls very good band no longer together though one of the giutarist is married to toni iomie from black sabbath

also everybody should check out thr3efold its my friends band they just got a sponcer from jager miester music
go to www.thr3efold.com
and www.jagermusic.com

loserib
http://www.jagermusic.com/frontdoor/jagermusic.cfm?section=327&content=1744

steely balls
eagles of death metal, local H lets see

**** puppies
***** riots
fun house
poopy...actually the last 4 i made up

PrefectRonnykin
portiko

Spicy_Mchaggis
gizmo, running from romance, zao(fairly known but still underground), everybody knows the shins, sev, the band, we play music, spred-shiite, coal chamber(they broke up), and our singer sings.

Spicy_Mchaggis
dude, i thought the eagles of death metal where fairly known, their drummer is the singer of queens of the stone age.

Mr Zero
more people have heard of eagles of death metal than have heard of hanson.

steely balls
the point is that not every one has heard of them

steely balls
thats a lie

Arachnoidfreak
Braindance

Punkyhermy
KEVIN CONROY!!!!

http://batmanytb.com/animated/jlu/JLUamiblue.mp3

Flavio

Arachnoidfreak
Soul Hooligans

SeptemberRain
Jenoah

Drifter101
everyone here should know of Jimi Hendrix yet i dont see any threads of him and in the classic rock thread not a word was said about him so, jimi hendrix

Bierbommetje
Jimi who?

Anyone heard of Protein?

<<Solo>>
The Mountain Goats are awesome....

....Adom and His Package.

<<Solo>>
I hope you are joking.

Bierbommetje
I hope you didnt doubt that no expression

Arachnoidfreak
Snake River Conspiracy!!!!!!

Turbo-Cajun
Ive known about them for a while, there was a Twin Cities (St. Paul-Minneapolis) station in MN that played a lot of their shit

Umm....well I doubt any of you know this group lol, It the Dread Kings - a small local reggae group out of Knysna, South Africa. I saw a show of theirs when I was 15 years old in Capetown visiting family....They were pimp, its a bunch of rastafarians playing reggae music that was awesome. I got high for the first time listening to that funky reggae groove...it was a great night, it was crazy.

If any of you know anything about them send me a message, i dont know if they even still exist, but it was truely awesome, best concert in my life.

Mane
Dioko

ElectricBugaloo
Left Unsaid
Are They Indigo
The Saltshakers

Turbo-Cajun
If you've had any music classes, EVER, you've heard all those names atleast once...most likely you are very familiar with at least some of mozart, mozart does not qualify as some artist your sure no ones heard of, to argue that mozart is an obscure artist is retarded

Alice_In_Chains
the best band iv ever seen live... False Idol.
they a fricken brilliant band. unless ur fromthe hell hole i am u prolly wouldnt know em.....

Elektra_lover
Kaution

Dregh
Well im like full of Soda Stereo CDs

Arahael
Royal Bliss

lil bitchiness
Pyrexia
HATE ETERNAL

Im not exactly a metal fan...but sometimes i tend to listen to it stick out tongue

ElectricBugaloo
Sufjan Stevens, Iron & Wine,

vatalya
Mindless Self-Indulgence. The Cramps.

Imaginary
I've heard of Iron & Wine.

Wolf Dog
Everyones heard of Sufjan Stevens. Hes on Pitchfork's frontpage like almost everyday!! Ill get into his music later but I just posted this so you wouldnt feel cool or anything about being the only one on KMC to know him. stick out tongue

SlipknoT
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Pyrexia
HATE ETERNAL

Im not exactly a metal fan...but sometimes i tend to listen to it stick out tongue Hate Eternal Are Great

bardock
dj shadow is pretty well known but for those who dont check him out

knight
Dave Davies
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/af11-02.jpg

Lana
Originally posted by vatalya
Mindless Self-Indulgence. The Cramps.

I know tons of people who know MSI. They're awesome.

And someone said Local H....they're from around my area, I think. They used to always play at this bar by my old house, my mom saw them a bunch of times.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.