Cable vs. Legion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
Cable, a mego experienced limited Alpha/Omega...
Or.
Legion, One who can surpass him at his weakest.
I think legion is the undisputed champ of Marvel. No Phoenix, no Franklin Richards.......

Mane
are you insane eer

Maelstrom
I didn't read Age of Apocalypse but didn't he change all reality. Didn't iceman try to freeze him moleculary and it didn't faze him.

DarkCrawler
He did change the reality...by killing Xavier. There is many people who could do that.

Nathaniel Grey
The current God-like incarnation of Cable? Or the gun toting, techno-organic virus having badass? Please give some specifics.

ragesRemorse
legion.

Maelstrom
Cable with his telepathy and t.k., his guns and tech. or Legion. I think its old vs. fresh. Legion is completely untarnished. I think that gives him the edge over Cable. His power is more pure than anything Cable can wip up. Least i think you have to see the character when you consider the battle, and that's Legion for ya. geek

trolly_crouchjr
maby legion?

celestialdemon
Legion. The guy's psychic power was insane. He's easily one of the most powerful psychics ever.

rotiart
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Legion. The guy's psychic power was insane. He's easily one of the most powerful psychics ever.

I concur. Lets see... Legion had dozens.. if not hundreds of minds inside of him... Each mind exhibiting some different kind of power...

Legion was the sum total of all of those minds.

Legion could create a psychic knife.. offhand only psylocke and pete wisdom have done that...

shadow king used legions power to manipulate the minds of everyone on earth.

he was a telepath telekinetic powerful enough to rend time and space and travel back in time... or he was also a timetraveler ... like fitzroy or something...

he had a myriad of powers and potential that was never realized.... in theory, he could have been more powerful than nate grey.

in theory.

Starhawk
Legion FTW

wiccan999
Hmmm... In my Battle of the Telekinetic's (Round 2) thread, no one has mentioned Legion at all... no expression

Darth Macabre
If it's current Cable, then Legion......easily.

If it's TO Cable, then Legion....easily.

If it's "God-like" Cable, then Legion...not so easily.

Originally posted by wiccan999
Hmmm... In my Battle of the Telekinetic's (Round 2) thread, no one has mentioned Legion at all... no expression I've never actually gone into it...I'll go now and check it out.

Starhawk
Legion has uncharted potential, his mind has always been fractured preventing us from seeing everything he could do.

Rewmac
Originally posted by Nathaniel Grey
The current God-like incarnation of Cable? Or the gun toting, techno-organic virus having badass? Please give some specifics.

Cable full potential would do something I suppose. But just read Cable & Deadpool #34 he has some nice feats...
The word "Godlike" doesn't really goes for Cable.

Why??

-He got his X-Gene turned off (That shot of Silver Surfer wouldn't effect a Godlike character)

-If we are talking about a Godlike character that would be 100 times more powerful than the currently shown most powerful Cable which is Full-Potential Cable who fought SS.

-Vulcan is only Omega. And he is supposly more powerful than Cable

-Classic Beyonder was Godlike. And Cable was nowhere his level.

-Cable is still Alpha. Wasn't really stated that he is Omega. But it is true we don't know his limits. (Techno-Virus stuff sucks sometimes)

Don't get me wrong. I would the most happy man on Earth if Cable would achieved Godlike state or even Omega state (comic statements and feats)

manorastroman
no offense buddy, but your anti-"godlike" crusade is pretty stupid, and petty to boot.

Rewmac
Any proof??? I mean in feats??? Come on...It's not crusade...But think what you want. That scan from vs. Surfer...Is only Cable sayin being a God in power...Which isn't really a proof....Somebody who is Godlike is like Beyonder...Do you really think Cable is as strong as him??? Cable is my fav...I should know. Who are you to question my knowledge and call it stupid ??? Exception of that SS scan no one could tell me why is Cable godlike...So, the arguement really stucks there...

Soljer
Good god! No one is comparing that cable to an actual god in power! We aren't saying he's friggin Odin!

It's just a turn of phrase that has become popularized to refer to that version of Cable! Leave it be!

don't shiv
Originally posted by Nathaniel Grey

X-man14/Cable31 crossover
gun toting techno virus having badass pushes Nate Grey to the full limit of his power. Nate starts dying on Cable. Cable restitches Nate's mind together, lends Nate Grey a bite size portion of his lifeforce.

The key is Strategy, Cable did not Need to equal X-Man's power levells to kill him.

Legion goes down.

Rewmac
Originally posted by Soljer
Good god! No one is comparing that cable to an actual god in power! We aren't saying he's friggin Odin!

It's just a turn of phrase that has become popularized to refer to that version of Cable! Leave it be!

Thanks now I get it. I thought you guys were referring to Cable as a Godlike in his powers.
He could do Odin yeah big grin

don't shiv
Originally posted by Rewmac
Cable full potential would do something I suppose. But just read Cable & Deadpool #34 he has some nice feats...
The word "Godlike" doesn't really goes for Cable.

Why??

-He got his X-Gene turned off (That shot of Silver Surfer wouldn't effect a Godlike character)

-If we are talking about a Godlike character that would be 100 times more powerful than the currently shown most powerful Cable which is Full-Potential Cable who fought SS.

-Vulcan is only Omega. And he is supposly more powerful than Cable

-Classic Beyonder was Godlike. And Cable was nowhere his level.

-Cable is still Alpha. Wasn't really stated that he is Omega. But it is true we don't know his limits. (Techno-Virus stuff sucks sometimes)

Don't get me wrong. I would the most happy man on Earth if Cable would achieved Godlike state or even Omega state (comic statements and feats)

Burnt offering specifically vs SS.

It is written by Irene that Cable has not reached full potential, but is getting there. It is also written that when Cable reaches full potential burn down is a go.

Starhawk
Cable is an Omega, since Nate Grey and Stryfe were. Remeber they are all one and the same.

Rewmac
Cable isn't Omega. But there is a possibility for it. But it hasn't been stated. Stryfe really was an Omega. That's how he totally owned Apocalypse.

celestialdemon
Cable isn't Omega. But there is a possibility for it. But it hasn't been stated. Stryfe really was an Omega. That's how he totally owned Apocalypse.

When was it stated that Stryfe or Nate were Omegas?

Rewmac
I haven't said Nate is Omega. But Stryfe is. Look around the net for bios or get handbooks he is Omega in TK and TP.

celestialdemon
I haven't said Nate is Omega. But Stryfe is. Look around the net for bios or get handbooks he is Omega in TK and TP.

I have and Stryfe has never been stated as being Omega. Until he is, he isn't.

Rewmac
Okay. Well. You might have been looking the wrong place...Nevermind. I know he is Omega. And my knowledge on Cable and friends are good enough.

celestialdemon
Okay. Well. You might have been looking the wrong place...Nevermind. I know he is Omega. And my knowledge on Cable and friends are good enough.

Can you post a link to a bio that states it or an issue # to a comic that does?

Rewmac
Every comic database states : Stryfe can use the full potential of Cable's powers. And just tell me one thing??

Where are Cable's limits? It was never shown. Because of the Techno-Virus. Stryfe is supposly Omega (unlimited potential) level character, most possibly. That's why he pimp slapped Apoc.

I didn't believe it either. But then I read it somewhere back in the days when the whole Cable stuff started for me...

But you are right. It hasn't been stated in a comic. So I don't know why I'm being stupid again confused

Sorry I've been a dick. Had a hard day...

Rewmac
As for Nate.

He isn't an Omega Level mutant as far as I'm concerned. But when he is angry I don't see his limits. He can create illusions, lift objects 20-30 tons, control minds, project TK blasts and so. But Shaman Nate is something very different. About Shaman Nate we can say he hasn't really got the limits of his powers. He never runs out of juice.

And his TK is strong as hell. He easily blasted a whole into another planet. Or for controlling he let a blind woman who didn't have eyes see. Supposly she didn't know what "seeing" is.

ExodusCloak
This is quite vague...but here's some food for thought:

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5890/cable03515pt8.th.jpg

Who's the Alpha and who's the Omega?

As for the fight Legion FTW.

Rewmac
But look at the Cable there. That Cable isn't comparable to the current version of him. Do you have some other appearences by Legion??? I mean non-Cable...I never really looked into the character.

ExodusCloak
But look at the Cable there. That Cable isn't comparable to the current version of him. Do you have some other appearences by Legion??? I mean non-Cable...I never really looked into the character.

Huh? confused That's Onslaught...I was just refering to his vague Omega comment.

As for Legion...here's 3 scans...that I scanned earlier for a different thread...I'll get you more...if you want.

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/7162/xmenn41p14iz2.th.jpghttp://img397.imageshack.us/img397/9467/xmenn41p15vp9.th.jpghttp://img134.imageshack.us/img134/6885/xmenn41p16hw8.th.jpg

I have more if you want....one where he time travels and screws up history...and catches the attention of 7 Watchers.

Rewmac
Thanks, but I know who Onlsaught is big grin big grin

I'm getting intrested....

Gimme more, gimme more... big grin

ExodusCloak
Thanks, but I know who Onlsaught is big grin big grin

I'm getting intrested....

Gimme more, gimme more... big grin

I know you know who he is...just read his comment to Cable. Even though it's quite vague....it does imply a lot.

Here's the incident...
http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/9234/hruncannyxmen320large18lw0.th.jpghttp://img393.imageshack.us/img393/5014/hruncannyxmen320large19vp2.th.jpghttp://img90.imageshack.us/img90/2295/hruncannyxmen320large20ry3.th.jpghttp://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4677/hruncannyxmen320large21kp0.th.jpg
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8783/hruncannyxmen320large22aq6.th.jpg

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/6434/xmenseries2040large2122he2.th.jpghttp://img471.imageshack.us/img471/1540/xmenseries2040large23mt0.th.jpg

ExodusCloak
A bit more info on him.

I'll put more up later...got to finish some homework first.
http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/126/hruncannyxmen320large07sl0.th.jpghttp://img120.imageshack.us/img120/8340/hruncannyxmen320large08rr9.th.jpg

As for the Onslaught thing...I just thought his comment was intriguing though quite vague.

More stuff
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/3468/hruncannyxmen321large0910wv0.th.jpg

celestialdemon
Every comic database states : Stryfe can use the full potential of Cable's powers. And just tell me one thing??

Where are Cable's limits? It was never shown. Because of the Techno-Virus. Stryfe is supposly Omega (unlimited potential) level character, most possibly. That's why he pimp slapped Apoc.

I didn't believe it either. But then I read it somewhere back in the days when the whole Cable stuff started for me...

But you are right. It hasn't been stated in a comic. So I don't know why I'm being stupid again confused

Sorry I've been a dick. Had a hard day...

Not a problem. I just didn't think he had officially be classified as Omega yet. It wouldn't surprise me if he eventually was, though. He's extremely powerful.

Rewmac
He never was stated. I just checked all my comics. But here is my theory :

Cable is extremely powerful with the Techno-Virus in him, which reduces his power and concentration. Stryfe doesn't have TV. And we don't know if Cable's mutant powers have limits. Stryfe just used TK,TP in a brute way, the way evil people use it. And if Cable hasn' got limits why wouldn't Stryfe have?

Starhawk
Nate Grey has the same powerlevel as Dark Phoenix (An Omega).

Cable and Stryfe are the same as Nate.

rotiart
Originally posted by Starhawk
Nate Grey has the same powerlevel as Dark Phoenix (An Omega).

Cable and Stryfe are the same as Nate.

This is from wikipedia on Nate Grey. I think this is where people are thinking that Nate Grey/Cable/Stryfe are all Omega level.

Nate Grey (X-Man) and Nathan Christopher Summers (Cable) are unlikely brothers: both are descended from the genetic material of Scott Summers and Jean Grey. Nate was grown in a laboratory in an alternate dimension by Sinister from the genes of Scott and Jean, while Cable was born to Scott and Madelyne Pryor (a clone of Jean also created by Mr. Sinister), infected with a techno-organic virus, and raised in the future. As a result, their genetic and psychic profiles are identical, which can cause a painful feedback to both parties when they interact, although Nate is much younger (having done no time travel) and much more powerful (Cable would be at Nate's power level, but must constantly devote his mental resources to fighting the Techno-Organic virus).

...Moreover, Nate and Cable hail from completely different backgrounds. The juxtaposition of the two characters allowed writers to address issues of identity and nature versus nurture and explore the complex nature of family relationships in the X-Men world. When Cable was de-aged in Cable and Deadpool, he greatly resembled Nate Grey.

Powers and abilities
X-Man is an Omega-level mutant with incredible telepathic and telekinetic abilities. He can use his telepathy to read minds and even read residual thought imprints left on objects touched by people (psychometry), communicate with others by broadcasting his thoughts, control minds, create illusions by altering the perceptions of others, fire psionic blasts that can scramble an opponents thought processess (causing the victim either intense pain, or rendering them unconscious), project his mind into the astral plane and even pull the astral projections of other telepaths into the physical world, and sense dimensional rifts or anomalies. His telekinesis allows him to move, levitate, and manipulate matter by using his thoughts, create defensive shields by focusing his telekinetic energies around himself and others, and channel his psychic powers into explosive psionic force blasts. By levitating himself, he can fly at amazing speeds, and he can phase through solid matter by mentally shifting his molecules around another object's as he moves forward. His mental fine motor skills are so acute that he can mentally manipulate dust particles and water vapor to refract lightwaves and create holograms. He also has creative uses of his powers such as using his telekinesis to channel the Earth's magnetic field through the electrocurrent of his brain and generate devastating electromagnetic pulses. X-Man even learned that he could use his telekinesis to transport himself into other dimensions by mentally bending the dimensional barriers that separate one reality from another.

manorastroman
isn't stryfe also a genetic clone of nate/nate?

rotiart
Originally posted by manorastroman
isn't stryfe also a genetic clone of nate/nate?

Stryfe is a genetic clone of nathaniel dayspring summers... aka Cable... aka the Askani'son.

Only difference? Stryfe was never infected with the technoorganic virus... so he doesn't have to always have to keep the virus in check with his powers, which makes him as far as telepathy and tk go, the 'full potential' of cable.

Starhawk
Stryfe has a tiny bit of the techno virus as well but its not enough to hamper his powers. In fact he can use it to regenerate himself over long periods of time.

rotiart
Originally posted by Starhawk
Stryfe has a tiny bit of the techno virus as well but its not enough to hamper his powers. In fact he can use it to regenerate himself over long periods of time.

I can't ever remember seeing that in any comic... News to me. :/

wiccan999
Cable for the win

Starhawk
Its in the first few issues of Cable, during the Fathers and Sons series.

Rewmac
Cable is the Son of Scott Summers a Madelyne Pryor (Jean's clone).

Turtlethomas
spite thread! cable easyli

Rewmac
Spite thread??? Learn to use it currectly dude...

don't shiv
Originally posted by ExodusCloak

4 Issues earlier Cable had sacrificed a large portion of life force to resucitate and rewrite Nate Grey's mind, after he'd curbstomped Nate Grey, of course.

in ISSUE 31 Blaquesmith looks on horrified as the transfer occurs wondering if The Askani'son is giving away too much.

When Cable's Life-force Regenerated, recall Zero Tolerance Saga 10 issues later Cable was reclassified Omega by Shield and Bastion

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by don't shiv
4 Issues earlier Cable had sacrificed a large portion of life force to resucitate and rewrite Nate Grey's mind, after he'd curbstomped Nate Grey, of course.

in ISSUE 31 Blaquesmith looks on horrified as the transfer occurs wondering if The Askani'son is giving away too much.

When Cable's Life-force Regenerated, recall Zero Tolerance Saga 10 issues later Cable was reclassified Omega by Shield and Bastion

That was kind of the point I was getting to...hence the Omega comment by Onslaught.

I still say Legion for the win...he threatened the universe with his rift in the very fabric of reality via time travel.
Plus what's stopping him from time travelling and then preventing Cables birth.

10 issues later? Is this Cable #41?

don't shiv
GCD Data Title: Into the Dark CABLE 40

Featuring: Cable

Synopsis: Cable and company try to save Renee Majcomb from Bastion's First Strike team.

Character Appearances: F: Cable; GS: Domino, Douglock, Renee Majcomb, Moira MacTaggert, Nils Styger (1st; Abyss); GV: Bastion, First Strike

Credits: Todd DeZago (Script), Scott Clark (Pencils), Chris Carlson (Inks), Mike Thomas with GCW Seperations (Colors), Richard Starkings and Comicraft (Letters).

celestialdemon
Originally posted by ExodusCloak

I might be wrong about this, but I always took this comment as meaning first and last rather than power levels. Apocalypse is considered to be the first mutant ever (possibly), and Cable, being from a very distant future where mutants are scarce, might be one of the last.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.