Help!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ahnold

Clovie
try opening it in notebook maybe.
no other idea. sowwie cry

Darth Sauron
Help! i need sombody, HELP, not just anybody, help! wont you pleeease please help me?

Ahnold
Any other suggestions?

yerssot
well, I saw this one you posted it yesterday and before being hasty and replying something I tried to find more out about it
Idea was to check if it can be Windows 95 compatible or not but I can't seem to find that option again messed

Darth Sauron
Why is this guy banned now?

Paola
format your hard disk!! big grin

Clovie
he's not.
new trick aparently.

Ahnold
Heh - guess nothing gets past you stick out tongue ! Cool trick though ...

Clovie
it is very easy to check if someone is banned.
you can't pm banned person. erm

Darth Sauron
Really though, how do you do that?

Ahnold
I can't tell you, I've been banned stick out tongue

Clovie
"i" is more pinkish..... messed

§pearhead
the i is...weird, that's why yes

it's like an "i" with a half space confused

Raz
Thats not an excel document but a GIF image. You'll notice it begins with the "GIF89a" - thats the header used by all GIF images. You can rename that with a gif extention and open it.

Did your computer crash lately? It looks like scan disk did a poor job at recovering your files.

Regarding your original data, I would suggest using Windows search feature to scan for a certain string that you know exists in the file your looking for. It may have been renamed to something else.

Ahnold
Trust me, raz - it's an excel document. Is it possible that it says GIF because of the graphs that were saved to that file?

And yes - my computer DID crash lately. In fact, I was kinda hoping for some help in that regard. According to the computer, I am now using a temporary account; is there any way I can change this?

Ahnold
According to excel, that file is "delimited". What on earth does that mean?

Ahnold
Problem over folks - I thankfully managed to restore the excel document to its former incarnation. Phew!

Can anyone help me with THIS problem though?

Raz
What do you mean by "temporary account"? Can you expand?

Also what OS are you using?

Ahnold
Basically, my computer consists of four user accounts: one for me, and three others for the rest of my family. A while back, my account crashed for some reason, and the computer set up what it called a "temporary user account". Though I thankfully managed to recover all my documents, programs etc, I fear that this temporary account might not last indefinitly. I can tell it's still a temporary account since it says TEMP before the name of each document: E.g. TEMP/My Documents/KMC. What can I do to correct this?

What's OS blink ?

Agent Elrond
OS means Operattng System, like XP, ME or by some miracle Mac X.

Ahnold
Oh ... then XP

Ahnold
So ... can anyone help me then?

Raz
Look in cermDocuments and Settings - does your username exists there?

I would also recommend you switch your file system to NTFS. That way, if you computer crashes, you can recover your data better.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/convertfat.mspx

Ahnold
The username still exists ... but it's also still only a temporary file. Is there a way I can FIX this?

Ahnold
Sigh ... forget about it. I'll ask an internet computer help group or something ...

yerssot
sorry ahnold, wish I could help you out sad

Raz
I don't use Windows anymore, so all my knowledge is quite old. Linux on the other hand...

Anyways, rename that folder. Create the username and it should create the same directory again. Go into safe mode NOT as the new user, but as the Administrator and rename the new folder and move back the old folder replacing it. Reboot and it should all be good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.