Anime That Changed Your Life

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tehOTAKU777
Has there ever been an Anime that made you think? i don't just mean normally, I mean REALLY think. Maby change the way you live? The way you look at others? What is it and why? For me, It was Neon Genesis Evangelion. I felt I could relate alot with Shinji, and I became very disgusted with the world. I wanted to run away, but I couldn't.

bardock
dbz,it got me into martial arts and i have been doing martial arts ever since.hell it might save my life one day

soundtrack
theres a lot of them out there for me. cb and gundam wing are 2 of them. i wanted to be able to do all the stuff spike and the g boys could (martail arts). since my life is always really busy i couldnt sign up for m.a. classes so i just run and excerise a lot. (but im planning on signing up for 'krav migah' *sp* soon, once i get my car.) and one of the ones that get you to think about or life style is almost all the anime that i watch (cb,gw,evangelion,trigun,etc.)
*one of the ones that got me thinking was cb: the movie)

BlackHatDefect
You watch "The End of Evangelion"and it REALLY is life changing!

bardock
sound i think its krav maga. it is from isreal. it is super practical and great for down and dirty self defense

celestial_moon
for me it was also evangelion. also (although a little weird) but magic knight rayearth also was life changing 4 me.

BlackHatDefect
Yeh,Iagree with Meg(I was another person touched by Rayearth)and Pokemon...lol!

soundtrack
stick out tongue yup, thats it. *i cant spell to save my life* big grin . a couple of years ago, my gym teacher told me that i should try it out b/c of the way my body structure is (i looked up on it on the web and it really doesnt matter how your built though erm ). krav maga is really cool though, i looked up a video clip on google and it showed this tiny 5ft 2 lady take down this 6ft 4 guy *also buff* in like 1 move. also matt damon took some of those lessons for the triligy of the bourne identity.

WindDancer
For me it was Akira. It didn't change my life, but it gave me some deep thougths about the power of the human mind. A classic indeed.

Silver Stardust
Oh god, Evangelion...that anime will change the way ANYONE thinks, because that anime is one that can truly screw with your head. I found myself relating a lot to Asuka yes

Big_Daddy2
Uzumaki Naruto from the Series Naruto...

It's not life changing for me, but he definitely has a lot of characteristics I can relate to. When he's pushed down, he gets back up, when someone tells him that he will never succeed, he tells him he will, and keeps trying, even if he doesn't know how to do anything...he'll learn.

DenKi
Dragonball Z saved my life, im 17 now and when i started watching DBZ i was like 9, since then i did all types of fighting, i learned everything, One day in school these kids called me a Ghay, i was like Wtf?

Then i turned to them and fired a kamehameha at them, they didnt come near me again...... nor even look at me

Now i stand in the playground alone....... everyones scared of me now.

soundtrack
lol.... huh wtf?

EvilCap America
I can think of a couple

1 Ranma 1/2 for getting me interested in Anime years ago

2 FLCL for both making my head work overtime telling a great story about character i ended up caring about and still making me laugh at the same time.Everything seemed so positive and inspiring it just made me enjoy every second of seeing Naota conquer mediocrity

murai-sakura
you fired a kamehameha? Wtf? pretended to or what....that would make anyone scared, it's psycho! LOL. i only do kamehameha's at my lil' brother at home when no one sees it.

SneaselHiei
For me...it was Pokemon!!!!!! yes happy It changed my life FOREVER!!!!

bardock
how What the f**k?

Yuna33
pokemon was first.....
then cowboy bebop.....
^was the first real anime i ever saw!happy
then yu yu hakishow....
THEN it was inuyasha.
everything was before.big grin

Yuna33
my bad.
i forgot dbz.
that would be after pokemon.

Robo-Chocobo
what anime changed my life..hm....I would have to say Robotech/macross. When I first saw the U.S. Dub I was hooked on it's intruiging plot, giant robots, and cool action.(hey for a u.s. dub thats pretty good). even if it massacred the original version, its still what got me hoocked.

encryptedenigma
Rurouni Kenshin and samurai X series change my view on alot of things.. I also started Kendo and Akido after watching these series as, it seem to me that the way of a smarurai and the sword can teach many life lessons, Most of the things Kenshin talks about and his views on life, are very noble and just seemed to be the way things should go.. I thought i related more to Shinji from Evangelion as well but i think i was confused, and if not then i think i just feel that the way Kenshin see things or rather portrays them is a much better way of living and dealing with alot of issues that come to me in my life. And also the words Vash the Stampeed said to Knives when they were younger about the butterfly and spider where also very life changing, Trigun fans know what i am talking about..

Samurai Guy
Metropolis and Evengelion

wowywow
my life was first changed by evangelion I saw the episodes and after that i got kinda screwed up by the ending.. then i watched end of evangelion that one realy s*cked i mean wtf is it with those guys? making suck a dumb ending..? i felt like ripping someones head off or smth (really)I think at that moment that I would be more alike Shinji than any other character.. alone and stuff like that . after some time i started watching naruto and i'm still on it right now.. just finished episode 100 waiting for the other one to appear.. In this anime I would say that i really felt like resembling Gaara - the lust for blood and also the lonelyness... Than i wathced Hunter x hunter .. don't know what happened to me but I think it was also because I was watching Aishiteruze Baby and Daa Daa Daa.. and I started acting all girly (even if I already was a girl and starting lickeing only anime music too .. no rock.. and that was kinda weird for me but got used to it.. ) I love the cute guys in hunter x Hunter ! big grin Killua and Kurapica i think are the cutest at least for my age (14- 15 in november) and I started thinking about what i was going to do in life and i've decided to be a manga artist or anime drawer or a storry line witer.. anyway something relating to anime.. big grin I also like so verry much Detective Academy Q I love detective storryes and stuff like sherlock holmes and also Conan was the first anime i ever saw and after that One Piece and that really got my pirat blood boiling .. another anime that i really loved was Angel Sanctuary .. thought about my love life for a long time and i was sad every moment cause i didn't have a boyfriend.. and i wished i would have one that would give up his life for saving me if it was needed.. another one was Candidate for Goddess I think i kinda' relate to Zero (he's so cute) because I sometimes think that i have nobody.. and all the people i knew dyed.. so i'm trying to get on with my life and fight my way through to achieve my goals and bve recognized.. well that's all i could think of..
fom this i think that you can manage to realize that i am anime maniac and i always watch them and try to get into the main character and some times try to open a door to my imagination and escape there.. and i can saqy that this summer i really did that while watching evangelion .. i started not going out with my friends and even not talking to them.. just STAYING AT HOME WATCHING ANIME AND DREAMING..

wowywow
lol, this is odd , why isn't anybody replying anymore.. at least after i posted that really long comment.. ? :P

Serket
Gundam Wing. It was the first anime that I ever watched that I knew was an anime.

PerfectCell17
For me it was DBZ. (lol I tried the Kamehameha thing too!) It got me into martial arts, and I can really relate with some of the characters.

moni_v
My answer to this question would have to be Fruits Basket - and I don't care what you think it's about or how "girly" it might look on the surface - THIS SERIES ROCKS!! Don't knock it until you have watched at least 1 or 2 episodes of it. If you can honestly say you aren't into the story and actually don't care about the characters after that, then I apologize & withdraw. But you would know & I would know that you would have to be lieing!!

Let's put it this way - I'm not the type of chick who cries very much (most of my friends were guys when I was growing up, so I picked up their bad habits) - but the last 2 episodes of this 28 episode series - there were tears streaming down my cheeks throughout.

Every episode is such a good example of how to live life right by example - the main character, Tohru Honda, always manages to see every situation in just the right light, and knows just what to say to really help others. She's a bit of a goody two-shoes, but somehow that's even alright. And she has the coolest best friends - and all 3 three of them comprise the most outcast, non-mainstream girls in their class. But nevertheless, they're good people - and for once, the nice kids finish first in this show.

Jace_Rave
Ghost in the Shell
X
Evangelion
in that order

Kohldia
Full Metal Panic

Jace_Rave
YEAH!!! FULL METAL PANIC!!! I barely ever find ppl talking about it!
I apologize for being off topic...

Smoke87
definintly dbz. Like a snowball effect, it got me into anime

JAE
for me i think is Street Fighter, its one of the things that influenced me in martial arts. i've been training half my life and most of the values and lessons i learned that made me who i am today i learned from martial arts. yes

Inu-YashaGod
too many 2 name... i guess i'll just say the main ones:
Full Metal Alchemist - got me into real alchemy
Inu-Yasha & Rurouni Kenshin - got me into martial arts/swordsmanship (i have made a sword that is almost identical to the tetsiaga & also made a reverse-blade like Kenshin's sword!!)
Hikaru-no-go - got me into the game Go

these are just a few to name..... but there's alot more!

Joker1237
I dont think any anime change my life. But the anime that got me into it was Hunter D 1. Of couse it was not as good art wise as the others. But it started it all. Now I have lots of anime on DVD, Thinks to
D.

ZomBiE_HunTER
All of the animes I have seen inspire me to learn Japanese.

miahera
Cardcaptor Sakura introduced me the genre. I wuv it!

Wolfie
Anime that changed my life... Trigun. After Trigun, I started watching anime. laughing out loud

sailormoon
The main one for me was Sailor Moon (first anime I ever saw besides Pokemon). The first episode I saw was a really key episode (when they fought Beryl and lost their memories) if you've never seen that episode it's sad ( I cried) I won't go any further for those who may not have seen it. So I kept watching it and I'm pretty sure I would be a completely different person(for the worst) if I had never gotten into Sailor Moon. happy It taught me about love and more on friendship.I know Sailor Moon seems childish to some people, but it was my first and changed me.
But really, there isn't much anime that hasn't made me think. But if I had to choose another one it would DEFINITELY be Cowboy Bebop! yes If you look at my sig that is my fave quote of all time, it made me think!

saliorsaturn101
fruits bakest has changed me for ever and im gald too it changed my out look on life and i now am different

Saber_Apricot
OKay... I thought I posted something here... Oh well.
For me, Sailor Moon R the movie was the first anime that I saw in Japanese. I had been watching Dragon Ball and Captian Harlock on TV, but it didn't impress me. I was 6 at the time and very impressionable. I wanted to learn Japanese because my best friend at the time had moved to Japan. She came to visit and brought over Sailor Moon, because she and her little sister were a big fan. So, the anime itself didn't have too much influence over my life compared to my friend, but it did help give me a sampler of how the Japanese language sounded and I liked it a lot more than Spanish (which I was currently learning). For a long while, anime used to be the only thing that I could get my hands on in Japanese. Now I don't have to limit myself to anime anymore.

Now I study Japanese (along with other languages) in college in hopes of becoming an interpreter.

saliorsaturn101
go you

saliorsaturn101
hello no one here wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Robo-Chocobo
stop spamming.

also. GIANT ROBOT ANIME CHANGED MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!

(although how anime can be a life changing expirience is beyond me, and leads me to the conclusion that everyone in this section of the forum is either A. crazy, or B. Insane)

ZomBiE_HunTER
Im neither. cool

saliorsaturn101
im both smile

WeluvTwinkie
I agree with you totally. Fruits Basket is one of those shows that makes you appreciate everything more, because it helps you realize how much you really do have, no matter how much you take everything for granted sometimes. It pulled me out of my "Oh God, everybody hates me, I hate myself, I want to kill myself" blah, blah, blah, emo phase. Thank God for that.

saliorsaturn101
i donty belive in god but ya your right

vanilla_n_ice
I don't think Anime can change one's life, i've watched too many, so its just pure entertainment now. Anime doens't really impact my life that much, but sure i'm an "Anime freak" and all, i think its the art that influences me since they're all drwn so pretty
backtracking: for that person who said that it was pokemon that was funni hahah
seriously i'm cracking up here j/k

dammit you ppl in the states get all the benefits
up here we barely get anime aired on tv... JEALOUS bunny shifty no yes
don't mind me i'm just taking advantage of the smilie system
its addictive lol

vanilla_n_ice
I'm a Fruits basket FAN TOO! since the series got cut off i had to resume it in the manga sad
lol the manga story is so different from the anime, i have it on my comp now but i havent gotten around to reading it yet
but AKITO is supposed to be a girl and there are two more animals of the zodiac included INterestin eh??
i just love the artwork in the manga you guys should check it out

heres an example:

saliorsaturn101
ya i do to i love kyo

houtsjc
I would half to say -FAKE-,cus of it I found out that I was bi.

Mace Skywalker
Ronin Warriors and Dragonball Z, apart from the fact that dBZ is the best action anime/manga ever, ronin warriors was the first i ever saw, and will always be one of the best anime ever. True writing, pure heart like DBZ and Naruto.

ThePiedPiper
I think Fruits Basket changed my life a lot because I can relate to the anime's lessons. Like the one with the Riceball and the Pickled Plum!

noc
I got two that really had a big impact on me one was FIST of the NORTH STAR because the world they live in was like hell on earth and the other one was Akira because it was the first and most groundbreaking anime i have ever seen to date.

stormtrooper
End of evangelion,Arcadia of my youth,Spring and Chaos.

*No_Starlight*
this is gunna make me sound like a total dork, but here goes.
sailor moon has totally changed my life, or at least how my life would have ended up. i watched the show since the time i was like six or seven, almost religiously. (and to all you girls out there... you know what I'm talking about stick out tongue that show does some serious damage to you!!)
anyways, i meet some of my best friends through that stupid little show. I started school with that show, so naturally, when your a little kid, you tend to draw the things you like(and I'm ashamed to say i still have some of those drawings^_^) well, my two best friends were in my 1st grade class. when they saw what i was drawing, they were like "yay! i watch that show too!
needless to say, we've been inseparable ever since!! Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.