Adaptations

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lenord
What movies or games would you like to see adapted for the world of comics.

This is what I would like to see on my comic shop's shelfs

Riddick (they could do so much with this character in a comic book)
Blade Runner (a mini series maybe)
Underworld (A Vampire/Warewolf war and the hero a mixture of both left right in the middle of it all. )
Unbreakable (A comic of a movie about comic book heroes...
confused )
Van Helsing (Lots of ways this could go)
Starship Troopers
Legacy Of Cain (This is one game with a lot of story to tell, in fact I would like to see this as a four part movies)

That is my list, if you want to add a few of your own, disagree with my choice or know if it has already been done, feel free to let me know (as if I could stop you wink ).

Arachnoidfreak
Van Helsing almost seems like a League of Extrordinary Gentlemen rip-off. All it did was combine classic monsters, which is what Alan Moore did, and he did it way before Van Helsing, and he did it alot better.

Lenord
The character of Van Helsing is interesting and misterious which would be very interesting to unfold in a comic. Like who or what exactly is Van Helsing? Dracula calls him the right hand of God and accusses him of being the one that killed him in the first place, which would make him either very old or it would me he gets reborn after he dies. Then there are all the dreams he has about fighting in some war, not to mention what the Vatican knows about him and what thier ultimate motives are.... For me Van Helsing was a lot more interesting than LOEG.

fever red
I'd like to see Starship Troopers if it were inspired by the first movie and included similarly strong and passionate women and men in a gender-equitable, militarized future. Would be so much more than just blazing guns and exploding giant bugs- AND it would have plenty of that, too.
I think it would have made a good Dark Horse or DC:Vertigo comic.

fever red
Oh, I like the new Battlestar Galactica Sci-fi series. Has that been adapted to comics yet? It's got some of the same goodies.

Mane
Riddick: crap
Blade Runner: crap
Underworld: has potential
Unbreakable: gonorrhea infested
Van Helsing: errrrm, crap
Starship Troopers: mega crap
Lagacy of Cain: take a guess...crap!

ScarletSpider
They've made a couple Legacy of Kain comics. They're mostly prequels to whichever game is being released at the time. I wouldn't mind an ongoing one, or a few movies about the series or a novelization.

Underworld and Van Helsing would be good too. Expand upon it and show Van Helsing's throughout history battling monsters.

SUPERMANDAMAN
Yea i think hellsing and underworld would do really good i would add them to my subscription.

SnakeEyes
Halo comics would be so cool, and would have many possibilties. Or some sort of WW2 comic, maybe based off some game (call of duty or medal of honor maybe).

Mane
Halo comics would kick ass. so would a live action Halo movie. a good ol' Sci-Fi shooter...

Spawnie
Riddick: needs to follow the game, otherwise it's crap
Blade Runner: I bless the day it was made, cuz without it we wouldn+t have some movies from today. Great intro for androids in the movie world.
Underworld: has potential, could be a good comic
Unbreakable: was weird, but I understood the way it was goin at the end, and overall I kinda liked it. It's a different way to go with heroes, not a bad idea.
Van Helsing: reminds me of a manga Vampire HUnter D, they look almost the same only Vampire Hunter D is more fun to watch. The movie sucked big time, I wish it was never made. It could have a more appealing look in the cimics though.
Starship Troopers: is not crap, it's actually a great story with lots of sick humour. I watched the animated series and the storyline is great, I really enjoyed their adventures.
Legacy of Cain: well, not a shabby story after all, has potential.

fever red
Yes, the humor in Starship would be fun in a comic; it's not remotely serious, it's a gonzo movie with the balls and druggy mania of Hunter S. Thompson himself. In a comic, it could be a playground for some of the most talented writers out there; they'd be able to pitch at us just about any saucy social commentary they wanted. And the charactors in that movie were riffs on stock charactors, riffs that went so far and were so confoundingly insistent on innane realism that an evolution into touching humanity was achieved- at least for me. I was impressed.
And Blade Runner comics- would be wonderful in a series of mini-series that had different charactors, scenarios, and locations in each, like the Aliens or Star Wars ones.

Maelstrom
A.I. Artificial Intelligence. I'd love to see a race of A.I.'s incorporated into marvel. geek raver

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.