Political Discussion Forum?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
Is that a joke? Wern't some of you in charge saying that this was a movie site, and even moreso a Star Wars site?

I don't remember who said we couldn't have a music forum or a TV forum for those reasons. What's the deal, here?

That kind of pisses me off, because I thought music, especially, would be a great forum.

Texas
Stop your bitchin! http://www.bfsforum.com/yabb/images/cwm14.gif

stick out tongue
*runs away*

ToMacco
No way, man. It doesn't make any sense to me.

It seems to me, that the leaders of this site do whatever they damn well please, and don't care about what the rest of us think.

A political forum should NOT be opened. But if it is, music and other such forums should be opened as well.

finti
ehh No

mah
why is it closed?

finti
guess it`s not open yet

Ratcat
You go girl!

finti
Well To that way there would be no need for GDF then

ToMacco
If your going to open a political forum, then open all different kinds of forums.

finti
I guess the political forum would be for those political interested, the rest of the stuff can be covered here in GDF

ToMacco
Why not have a music?

Why should the subject of politics be on a movie thread? That is just going to cause many needless arguements *caugh Ush caugh*

finti
we might need that kind of arguments

ToMacco
Why?

I'll stop coming here if I only get angry.

finti
you dont have to visit the political forum

ToMacco
I just think it's completely inappropriate.

If you want to talk politics, go to a politics site and forum.

finti
so all talks here should be movies

mah
why so afraid of serious discussions? you should be able to discuss politics on one forum and go on and discuss merry, silly things on the other forums without bringing with you the anger.
people with different political views should still be able to come along with eachother.

finti
hmmm

ToMacco
That was the defense a while ago. Remember?

When the site expanded to Movie Trivia and Movie Reviews, someone (I forget who) asked us all what forums we should open up. A lot of us said music and other things, but the ideas were shot down because it was said that this is a movie site, and should stay that way.

finti
hmmmm the sequel

Dim
Maybe Raz will be on soon and will give an explanation..no reason to get upset.

ToMacco
Because serious discussions often become heated and ugly.

I have gotten pretty pissed off at some people here, and it's always been about politics.

finti
return of Hmmm

ToMacco
Opinions of movies or other general ideas remains quite simple.

Politics is too serious. People blab on, and often don't know what they are talking about. It gets under my skin real quick.

finti
so is it with music

Dim
*looks at fint*
Hmmmmmm...

Texas
It's Raz's site, he can do whatever the hell he pleases.

If your having such a big problem with the polititcal forum, just dont look or post in it! roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
Shut up, Tex.

finti, Dimmy. . .*sigh*

Music and movies are completly different. This movie sucks, that album is great. Pretty innocent stuff.

With politics: Bush is doing a horrible job; Afghanistan should be wipped out; The best government is no government. Those type of subjects shouldn't be here.

finti
No cause Bush can never be a seriouse issue

ToMacco
roll eyes (sarcastic) That's what I'm talking about.

It's trouble we don't need.

Raz, please don't do it.

Dim
To *sigh*

I know..I understand....but no use getting weird over it yet..

mah
bring it on! no-one who find different political views provocative are forced to visit the new forum.

finti
He voted for Bush Dim

ToMacco
I can never think of a political thread that we've had that hasn't ended up with two people arguing.

Opening that would be like throwing fuel into an already burning fire.

finti
whats the use of a political thread if we agree

keokiswahine
ToM, instead of getting so angry about a new forum, just keep plugging away (nagging) for a music forum. If you keep nagging for a music forum, maybe Raz will create one. Bashing a new one without giving it a chance isn't going to make it. If politics dies, let it die on its own. This is the only forum I visit; I just don't go into the others much, if at all.

will you just cool it? you're gonna have a hernia. eek! roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

yerssot
you can only voice your opinion but you can't force him doing anything

mah
true

ToMacco
I'm not angry.

I just know people will only 'buck heads' if a political thread is opened. People are going to fight, and I know I'll often be a part of it.

keokiswahine
posting different opinions is good, is healthy, for all on-lookers to see the other side. Mods are here to keep the peace. It's ok. and if the mods aren't patrolling, then it's up to us to keep the peace.

Dim
Personally I"m not looking forward to this..becuase I think there's too many people on this board who always thinks they're right. roll eyes (sarcastic)

mah
no, that's not true, you're wrong! stick out tongue

finti
you are all wrong

Texas
Well I think that this can be a good thing. I really dont care for a political forum, but if it prevents people from posting political stuff in the GDF, it will make it better for me. We can keep all the Bush put downs in one forum! *Looks at Finti*

I would hate to moderate that forum!
I wonder whose gonna do it? eek!

keokiswahine
duh big grin laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud smokin' evil face rolling on floor laughing

finti
Bush, bush bushy bush

Dim
You're bush obsessed..

finti
no no I like it a bit trimmed big grin wink

yerssot
actually, it's quite sad people are talking about this and already convicting that section BEFORE one post is made

Dim
*hides eyes* didn't want to know that..

keokiswahine
yerssssssssssssss, howz it, buddy big grin wink evil face smokin' rolling on floor laughing

finti
whats wrong with a nice and cared for lawn rolling on floor laughing

keokiswahine
mowin, mowin, mowin.................

yerssot
ah, K, It's rolling rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing big grin

keokiswahine
fantissimo, yersssssssssss smokin' rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

yerssot
a rolling on floor laughing lot rolling on floor laughing of rolling on floor laughing rolling rolling on floor laughing smilies rolling on floor laughing here rolling on floor laughing

finti
let it all blow

keokiswahine
ka-booooooom <<<<<<<booooooommmmmmm>>>>>>> evil face evil face evil face smokin'

Dim
hmmmmmmmmmmm...

finti
hmm to you too

yerssot
reminds me of Marge Simpson

keokiswahine
hmmmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm confused confused confused

ToMacco
I leave for ten minutes, and you all manage to go off topic roll eyes (sarcastic) . It figures.

Anyway, how can certain mods keep the peace when they are part of the arguing?

mah
arguing isn't a bad thing, peace and arguing can be at the same time.

ToMacco
Arguing more often than not gets ugly.

Like I said before, why add fuel to the fire by opening the thread.

mah
why avoid discussions, just because people disagree

yerssot
To; why saying that about the Pol section? It's the same like in the GDF

finti
republican way big grin

ToMacco
All we would do is fight.

Dim
About Politics..hmmm..yes.

finti
cool

ToMacco
Just let the record show that I'm totally against this.

If every time I come here, I end up fighting with someone about politics, I'm just going to stop coming here. And I don't want to leave. I like it here.

mah
but you don't HAVE TO visit that forum!

ToMacco
Yeah, that's true.

But I shouldn't have to censor myself from anything here. If it's a site for fun, it should stay that way.

mah
serious discussions can be fun, if you don't take things personal.

Ushgarak
Interesting...

I know that Raz has been interested in a PDF ever since he and I clashed in his 'The Star Wars plan' thread which he opened to protest about the America pulling out the ABM treaty. I seem to remember saying that that such a thread would just be us two yelling at each other.

Just so everyone knows, everyone in the JC is as surprised to see this potential thread appear as everyone else. Has anyone actually heard from Raz about this?

ToMacco
No, I don't think he's been here.

So, where do you stand Ush? I don't think it should be opened. It's too contraversial.

finti
ehh Ush why do you think we have this discussion

Ushgarak
I'm not really sure, To.

And Finti, what do you mean?

finti
we are discussing it cause we havent heard from Raz yet

Ushgarak
Oh, well. Just checking.

keokiswahine
It's Ush time; hey, Ush. smokin' rolling on floor laughing

yerssot
He said it's a project he's working on,
let it give it a try, afterall, he IS the Big Giant Head, you must see!

finti
if he has a big giant head I really must see it

Raz
I'm here! I'm here! Sheesh!

I know quite a few people here ARE interested in talking politics without the arguments. Its also a good chance of keeping the GDF politics free without censoring politics all together.

The PDF is JUST in its planning stages and I have a few tricks up my sleeve to avoid arguments and like.

The PDF will be closed until I have discussed it with some people.

About the Music forum.....I don't mind opening one if you're THAT for it. Its just that you didn't show much enthusiasium for it....so I assumed you didn't want it anymore. If you STILL want a music forum, PM and we can discuss it further.

mah
I think a PDF would be great

yerssot
and the vote for the music section was negative, remember

finti
PDA would be better

keokiswahine
What's a PDF?

What's a PDA?

confused confused confused

keokiswahine
and don't say, pretty damn funny, or pretty damn assy.

Raz
PDF = Politicial Discussion Forum.

finti
PDF is political forum PDA is just a goof

Dim
Hmmmmmm..interesting developments.

keokiswahine
thank you, Raz smile

anyways, a political forum is good; keeps the arguing in a central point.

finti
and can one centrelize a political discussion, by the way Bush aint all there is he

Raz
Yes....there are actually INTERESTING things to talk about laughing out loud

keokiswahine
talking leads to yelling, leads to bellowing, leads to mad mad , leads to evil face , then to eek! eek! , and hopefully to smokin' smokin'

finti
ehh the Hawaiian way , aloha

keokiswahine
tradewinds big grin

yerssot
new forum, also closed

it's music and tv thingies

keokiswahine
what music, what TV thingys??? confused confused confused

mah
new forum!

LanceWindu
What new forum? The Political one?

mah
no, the other one.

LanceWindu
What other one?

mah
'music and tv'

yerssot
it's on the main page

keokiswahine
looks like Raz caved to ToMaco's fussing and screaming. Too bad he isn't here to see his babies being born. big grin big grin big grin

Texas

mah
hope not

LanceWindu
I was posting in here and didn't notice it. I see it now.

yerssot

mah
too many forums here now, don't want an own for tv and music. nothing left to discuss here in gdf

yerssot
true, IMHO-OC

Texas
The GDF is gonna turn into the personal problems forum rolling on floor laughing

LanceWindu
Personally I don't think I'll be posting in the political one. Maybe everyonce in a while but hardly.

keokiswahine
I don't deal much in politics; it's like religion. very personal, very opinionated, normally leads to heated discussions, then mad , then eek! , then mod intervention. roll eyes (sarcastic)

mah
my favouritebig grin

LanceWindu
Yeah there's going to be so much fighting the mods are going to be forced to shut down all the topics one at a time.

Texas
I wonder whoose gonna mod? eek!

yerssot
Chaos... I like it smile
when is it opening again?

mah
the fact is, political topics most often stays on topic pretty well, so I think it'll be good.

LanceWindu
You won't like ti if you start to fight with your fellow posters.

mah
I can strongly disagree with someone on politics, yet have no problem with the person on other topics.

Dim
I think TV & Music is going to end up hurting the GDF sad

LanceWindu
I think that the GDF is going to be just personal stuff nowadays.

mah
agree

yerssot
Bring it on! I prefer a straight fight!

http://www.smilies.nl/rough/fal.gif

LanceWindu
I think we can all agree on that.

Texas

LanceWindu
nooooooooooooooooooo!

yerssot
that Bjork thing is for the newest section now stick out tongue

Texas

yerssot
how was it called again? Freeq section?

mah
laughing out loud yes that's it

Julie
you all are evil face

LanceWindu
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Julie
So......back to politics......*now I'm causing trouble stick out tongue *

LanceWindu
stick out tongue

yerssot
*Starts searching for more guns*

Why... not at all Julie big grin

Julie
You keep making funny faces and your face will stick like that stick out tongue

LanceWindu
smile sad embarrasment stick out tongue mad confused eek!

mah
now your face will stick like all that lancesmile

LanceWindu
But which face will it stick like? wink

mah
a little part of all those smilies

LanceWindu
That would be one weird face.

Julie
yes it would......the ques is would it be an improvement or a detraction to your natural beauty wink

yerssot
improv... nah, won't answer it big grin

Julie
That's cool ....fine have it your way roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
We have to many forums. We'll never be able to post anywhere without it being moved.

This is too much. Take away the politic and TV/Music threads.

I hate that "you can't post here, post in the proper thread" shit. Now we have even more of it? Come on. roll eyes (sarcastic)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>