Gundam Wing vs Transformers: G1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kontraz
alright, i saw ironman vs a gundam, and ironman vs a transformer... lets see what people say in THIS match...

ON OUR RIGHT... WE HAVE...

Wing Zero, Deathscythe Hell, Heavy Arms Neo, Sandrock Neo, Altron, and Epyon... aka TEAM GUNDAM!!!

AND NOW THE CHALLENGERS....

Optimus Prime, Megatron, Omega Supreme, Sunstorm, Grimlock, and Jetfire... TEAM TRANSFORMERS!!!

bardock
i say the gundams can you ever count out heero

Kontraz
yes, but what of optimus prime??? he doesnt really lay down and die either, and heero HAS been beaten.

bardock
i think it would come down to prime vs heero imo

Mane
yeah it would end up being Optimus Prime vs Wing Zero. and than Heero says "screw this" and blasts a hole through Prime's chest...

Kontraz
you're forgetting omega supreme.... that thing towers over the gundams with ease... and megatron's fusion canon is just as strong (if not stronger) than the double buster canon... And don't forget sunstorm.... the only thing that COULD (and did) kill him was a freak reaction of his overreactive systems fusing with a modified null ray blast then falling into a prehistoric smelting pool.... even then, he still lived for a few hours before blowing up... an explosion that simply would have ended earth....

thundercracker
wow and u remember this how....

Nataku8188
Kontraz, you forget the size difference... Gundams are the size of transformers once over. (I.E. 1.5...ish)

As well as having gundanium armor which makes them much more resistant to damage. With DH, Altron, and Epyon in there expect to see some severed Tranformers. Fast. DH can run down any of those guys, and only Omega supreme will stand half a chance.

Sadly, Megatron (My second fav, I like Galvatron more) will not be half as effective as you say. It'll be about as strong as one of the double buster rifles fired by itself. It's really strong, but not earth destroying strong.

Kontraz
dreamwave has a transformers series going on right now, thats how i remember this stuff... its recent, lol

oh, nataku.... yeah, Gundam's are about 1.5 x the size of most Transformers, but Megatron is a lot more powerful in the comics than in the cartoon. He can create and wield black holes... thats pretty damn powerful even by marvel and dc standards. And personally i think sunstorm could take out ALL the gundams BY HIMSELF. To get an avid picture of sunstorm.. just think of him like this. Take Goku... now make goku a transformer, still able to go supersaiyen, have insane fighting skills, strength, speed, and able to fire energy blasts. Now give Goku wolverine's healing power and make it so everytime he heals he gets 10x stronger..... THAT'S sunstorm (who was able to down omega supreme in a matter of minutes).

Also, take Grimlock and Optimus Prime into consideration as well. Both have been able to take on and KILL gestalts. What is a gestalt? You know devestator, superion, etc. They were the big combiners that even towered over omega supreme, being about 1.5-3 times HIS size, and omega supreme could probably hold a gundam in one hand.... So yeah, grimlock and prime could probably outskill the gundam pilots... those guys are just human after all. These guys have millions upon millions of combat experience under their belts.

Nataku8188
The transformers WOULD win... if they could survive deathscythe hell's slashes. He's simply too maneuverable.

Linkalicious
no transformer's team is complete without StarScream. he's the Cobra Commander of Transformers...

Kontraz
(sorry, added a bitwhile you posted... so you might wanna post again after reading the rest.. my fault...)

manjaro
i dont know about that one man. they/ve always made the gundams ridiculously powered up. the only gundam i see getting beat hands down is the B*tch ass one they show on Cartoon Network now. thats one's so weak and stupid. if they went up against gundam wing it would be more interesting

Kontraz
this is gundam wing i'm talking about....

korgrath
it should be team gundam vs unicron

Nataku8188
That would be a slaughter, one way or the other. If Unicron had a weak point, Zero would blast it open. If it takes the matrix, then the gundams are ****ed.

As far as Gundams VS transformers... The gundams are much faster and some are more powerful. If you face them against generic transformers, they win. If you face them against Supreme and their lot... they lose. Grimlock and Prime and Tron would last plenty... cept when the beam sabers sliced them in two.

crazyspinz
ok here we go

transformers sees gundams, gundams see optimus, optimus takes half a sec and analyzes gundams and sees that they are piloted by humans. transformers shoot cockpits, pilots die, transformers take nap

and cmon people the good guys name in gundam wing is heero, wow origonal sounds nothing like hero...

Kontraz
doesn't it mean something in japanese? I know his last name does...

Nataku8188
Because you know... transformers weapons are strong enough to blast through gundanium and the pilots are going to sit there and let them blast them....

Kontraz
seeing as a new transformers vs gundam thread has appeared... i decided to revive this one...

Lord Ryugen
I'm not sure the Transformers could take it, lets review:

Wing Zero: has the colony destroying double buster rifle. Can't see how the Transformers'll survive that.

Deathscythe Hell: has the super cool scythe, the weird drill missile and a handy dandy cloaking device.

Heavyarms Neo: the dude is a walking munitions dump. Seriously Trowa carries more ammo than some countries.

Altron: If it's the version I'm thinking of then Wufei'll have his two flame throwing claws and the energy trident.

Sandrock Neo: Alright this one has nothing and if there is a god Quatre'll be killed instantly.

Epyon: Super fast with the heat whip and insanely large beam sabre.

I'm not up to date with Transformers but I can't see them being able to take all that.

Imperial_Samura
I would still like to think that the Transformers experience is a benefit. As history shows just because one army might have the best weapons, and so forth, it might still not win, it can come down to tactics. Now the Gundam are good, but not miles ahead of the Transformers in terms of weapons and armor. However they are still humans piloting war machines. If they didn't win quickly I can see the Transformers winning a prolonged war. The have greater numbers, longer, and dare I say, better training. And we all know that some Tranformers (decepticons) are happy to cannibalise enemy tech. And certain Transformers are great scientists. Perhaps the first victories may go to the Gundam, but the Transformers would adapt quickly, how long would it be before Megetron was reequipped with a double buster rifle? Or before Bombshell dominated the mind of Deathscythe Hell? The Transformers I think would eventually wear down the Gundam, and eventually win (as well as the fact Transformers can be repaired even after death sometimes, humans can't be). And of course if Unicron is involved, well......

Lord Ryugen
If Unicron's involved then theres no contest but as for the other. Well I'm not sure but those are very intresting points I'd like the Transformers to win but I'm still not sure

Imperial_Samura
Ooops, there's two of these threads now? Well, if there is no limit on who fights, in the end, after a long, bloody battle the Transformers would take it, if there is a limit I would probably go with the Gundams, though it would be close, even a small number of Transformers aren't to be under-estimated, and if they had time, I think Prime could come up with something to win the day.

The Flash
If this is no limit, then there are armies of mobile suits with very powerful force fields.

Kontraz
i made this one as a 6 on 6 match (BEFORE you made the 3 vs 3 rule, paola....)

i still give the advantage to transformers. Megatron's canon is capable of being as stong as the tallgeese's with ease, Optimus Prime has more leadership ability than any zero system can handle. Omega supreme would be incredibly hard to take down, not to mention he has possibly just as many weapons as heavyarms. Sunstorm is basically a dbz character trapped in a TF body, Jetfire is insanely fast and durable for his size (about 2x normal tf size) and Grimlock's tagline says it all "Me Grimlock-- BADASS!!!"

Imperial_Samura
True, so I say that if the Gundam don't take a quick victory, and give the Transformers time to get a grasp of the enemy, the the Transformers would win. Sunstorm, Megs and Prime would be the cinches of the battle.

Lord Ryugen
Well if the Transformers are really that powerful then they should be able to take the match.

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm, its more a question I think of tactics and skill. If the two teams lined up and just shot at each other I think most of the Transformers would go down quickly, baring maybe Omega and Sunstorm, just prolonged matches would make it a lot closer...

Lord Ryugen
Again I still have this niggiling little belief that the Gundams will win. I don't know why but I just have this weird feeling that they'll take the match.

muffin man
did gundam wing have comic book series?

SarKastic_OJ
Hmmm, good thread....

I really can't deciper out a win between the two, Gundams seem more fluid and manueverable than that of the stiff moving transformers(could be because of the up-to-date animation) also the gundams seem eons quicker as epyon would sometimes simply just past opposing mechs in a quick blurr leaving them to fall apart into halves and exploding..As far as battle tactics go the transformers have this hands down as their all "soldiers" and are war vets...

The Gundams could take the supporting cast transformers (wheeljack, bumblebee, Ironhide)with no problem BUT would have trouble with the formers(Superion, Devastator) and the superiorly huge (Unicron, Metroplex, Tripticon, Scorpinox and Fortress Maximus) transformers..Optimus, Megatron, Galvatron and Rodimus would give the gundams trouble but are loads smaller than gundams and less agile with less to work with...I mean some gundams have survived nukes, destoyed cities with one shot, and battle in space with no problem..Besides the exceptions I named above I'd give the battles to the Gundams BUT the war to the formers and the "Incredibly" large transformers.....

The Flash
Well if this wasn't restricted to Wing, I would say stuff about Dark Gundam, Psycho Gundam MkII, Quin Mantha, Geymark, etc.

mhd01
I love both shows but the transformers have the uper hand. The Transformers will crush the gundams, if they;ve got Unicron on their side. dont say Wing Zero's buster rifle can destroy him cuz unicron is as big as a planet!!!!! A PLANET!! the buster file cudnt destroy a whole planet, and they've got the great Optimus Prime to lead the Transformers.

Why do the gundams faces look like optimus prime's?

Whatup880088
I thing that i believe will decide thsi match is speed and reflex which seem from what I have watch to go to the gundams.

bean_machine
Gundam Wing gundams will lose.

Optimus has centuries of fighting experience, can lift 4 million lbs, deadly accuracy from 30 miles away, etc. If he has the matrix then its over for the gundams.

Generation 1 Megatron has his arm-mounted fusion cannon, capable of levelling a city block in one blast, which he can sub-dimensionally link to a black hole, generating even more powerful antimatter blasts.

Yeah the Gundams lose.

It would be another story if it were the gundams from G Gundam. The Devil Gundam would wipe the floor with the Transformers.

Whatup880088
yes but the gundams move hella fast

Metalmanx
If you had thrown Hot Rod on the Transformers team...I might have given it to them.

DigiMark007
Are these guys even comics?? Shouldn't this be in the anime forum? I might be wrong...just checking before I do anything with this thread.

Jose123
Well the transformers have apeared in comics. not so sure about Gundam

DigiMark007
^^ The point being "appeared in" comics...yet they're not primarily viewed through a comic medium. Same reason Star Wars isn't smiled upon here even though they technically have comics. I'm less familiar with Gundam though, so for now I'll give it the benefit of the doubt...but chances are I'll end up moving this eventually.

At least there's been good discussion, so the thread is at least meaningful.

TXP101
I hear that most of the Gundams are much larger than the Transformers, and have way more firepower. Please consider the following:

-Gundams use 20th/21st century, HUMAN weaponry.
-Gundams are larger, but made of EARTH based materials primarily.
-Gundams, in some cases, are capable of taking the force of a nuke; so can TFs with the likes of Omega Supreme.
-Gundams have extremely large arsenals. Transformers are practically walking arsenals, turn into guns, or can carry even more guns in many cases.
-Gundams can change forms for various reasons; so can TRANSFORMERS.

TXP101
On the other hand, Transformers have had eons of war to test their weapons with, and have more horrific forms of firepower (ever heard of Gideon's Glue?)
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Gideon's_Glue
Transformers are made of exotic metals, with strange properties. In some cases, they have self-repairing armor, or attachments that act as an extra layer of security (Optimus Prime's mysterious, disappearing trailer and roller). If all else fails, there are always oddities, like Megatron getting his hands on the Heart of Cybertron, electrum, EMPs, fusion cannons
http://www.oocities.org/sslui_marauder/fusncann.html
and other things I'd rather omit.

AND as for SunStorm...
"Shockwave's experiments to fit a solar-powered fusion reactor into cloned Decepticon warriors reached their fruition in Sunstorm... Sunstorm's structure has been augmented to endure the enormous stresses involved. He was the perfect soldier; he possessed the ability to manipulate electromagnetic energy, enhanced regenerative capabilities, and a blank slate of a mind waiting to be written according to Shockwave's design."

When all else fails, look to the impossible...
http://www.screwattack.com/news/death-analysis-g1-optimus-prime-0

Any questions?

psycho gundam
The only sure bet to take out the Transformers is the Wing zero's twin buster rifle.
Omega supreme and anyone around him would get caught up in it's blast

The Heavyarms would be a huge problem not to mention that all the Gundam suits are nigh indestructible and have beam sabers

cdtm
Originally posted by psycho gundam
The only sure bet to take out the Transformers is the Wing zero's twin buster rifle.
Omega supreme and anyone around him would get caught up in it's blast

The Heavyarms would be a huge problem not to mention that all the Gundam suits are nigh indestructible and have beam sabers

I dunno, man, buster's overkill. The gun on Zech's Tallgeese III isn't as powerful as the double buster, but it took out a colony, and those things are around 30 kilometer's radius.

And how big was that space station Zech's sliced in half? (Looking it up on Google, between 7 and 9 kilometer's..)

Hell, with that kind of power, even Metroplex and Trypticon wouldn't be enough. (Not if Metroplex gets taken out by one of those junk spiral ships spearing through him, like he did in one of those IDW mini's about old Cybertron..)

TXP101
What about EVA mode Optimus Prime?
That was mentioned in the last link I included...

psycho gundam
Well, yeah. The resource satellite "MO-III" the Tallgeese destroyed was far bigger than Omega Supreme in his base form and It was taken out by a weaker weapon than what the Wing zero has. In the OVA the buster rifle took out the Brussels base while it was heavily damaged from prolonged combat and the buster rifle is powered by the suit's internal fusion reactor so it was far weaker than when it one shotted the piece of the Libra space weapon in the main series.

TXP101
For clarification (I'm not well-versed in Gundam universe), is this the "TallGeese" you refered to?

http://www.oocities.org/xiaowei13/mecha/tallgeeseIII.htm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.