SEX PISTOLS or THE RAMONES

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slasherpunk18
Personally,i'm a big SP fan.

bardock
sp but niether band was incredibly musically talented imo

slasherpunk18
I think that was one of the points of early punk.

Evil Dead
what does talent have to do with punk? If you want to listen to musicians with a polished sound who took guitar lessons for 10 years.....listen the Rolling Stones.

slasherpunk18
No thanks,i'd rather jam a fork up my ass than listen to the stones.

el_barto
Ramones

slasherpunk18
I like the Ramones,it was a hard one for me.

Darth Revan
I prefer the Ramones personally

bardock
so talent is bad now? ok

Darth Revan
No, it's not bad, it's just that the whole concept of punk back in the time of the Ramones and the Sex Pistols was to cut all the twangy solo stuff and just play power chords as fast as you could for two minutes. Punk would never have been successful in the underground if they had been talented musicians, IMO.

slasherpunk18
Bingo.

SlipknoT
Ramones

PrefectRonnykin
The Ramones yes i like The Sex Pistols as well though

ElectricBugaloo
Ramones. The Sex Pistols just sucked ass.

Silver Stardust
I like both, but I like the Ramones better yes

slasherpunk18
I am so tired of repeating this.That was one of the points of early punk.

Df02
watever floats ur boat m8, but this isnt a thread about sexual preferences stick out tongue

i voted ramones btw

slasherpunk18
Why are u calling me m8? huh

Kaleanae
Ramones messed

Df02
shorter to type than **** stick out tongue
im only playing lol, dont have a problem with u, and my post was a joke - it was soo easy to joke about i felt it'd be a waste not to... smokin'

slasherpunk18
oh well,too tired to argue...

Lady_Moon
I'd have to go with the Ramones.

Sex Pistols are okay, but Sid Vicious couldn't even play bass, let alone EVERYTHING ELSE that vaguely represents a musical instrument. However....

People are right about early punk. It wasn't about long guitar solos and technicality. It wasn't about the stage persona and glitter that many rock stars of the 70's embodied. It was about the fury, the rage, the political stance, or lack thereof, and short-length tunes which really only had 3 or 4 chords.

That is why it was PUNK, and not ROCK. They specifically broke away from the corporate side of it.

el_barto
*Sarts to rock to Blitzkreig Bop*

slasherpunk18
exactly.

I meant to quote Darth Raven on the last page.

Clovie
sex pistols cry

VOTE SEX PISTLOS!!!!!!

slasherpunk18
About time they got another vote!

Deathuntoothers
Sex Pistols!

T.Doyle
I am most definatley going for Sex Pistols.

Patient_Leech
Hey, I didn't get to vote. Sex Pistols... totally.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.