Catastrophic Success

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

President Bush recently called the war in iraq a "catastrophic success"

John Edwards response: "I, like most americans, have no idea what that means."

HAHAHAHAHAH, brilliant....i really hope he gets in office now! He's hilarious

ragesRemorse
Yeah, it would be nice to have an ambulance chaser to be our vice president, lets put some more doctors and nurses out of work. Lord knows we dont nede them.

RaventheOnly
^nice rr laughing out loud

catastrophic success is an ironic term meaning it was a success yet there was some major flaws. Edwards may need to go back to school or better understand underlining meaning. laughing out loud

i think everyone gets what bush is trying to say...but NOBODY says that...."catastrophic success" ...that's like saying "the decision to go to war with iraq was a quick, and well thought out one"

Lady_Eowyn3
i don't see how it was a succes, it was purely catastrophic

RaventheOnly
well then... why did he say he didn't understand if everyone knows what he means ... stick out tongue

~Angel~
catastrophic success???? laughing out loud

that's the best oxymoron I've heard in a long time!!!

RaventheOnly
indeed big grin but it fits and explains the situation in one accurate word, well two laughing out loud

ragesRemorse
What? how is saying that the present situation in Iraq has been a catastrophic success,the same as saying the decesion to go to war was quick and well thought out? i dont understand what you were trying to say. that remark has nothing to do with an opinion of wheather or not the war was well thought out. I would say the war was very well thought out. seeing as how it was executed faster than anyone could have expected

no yo, i was giving an example of another statement that is very close to being an oxymoron

ragesRemorse
smile ok, i get what you were trying to say now. I just thought you were trying to make some point.

yes, i did make a point, that what bush said was an oxymoron, and that edwards is a funny man...it's that simple...jeez, no need for a political discussion about any of it

ragesRemorse
yeah, well i got that much. I just meant that i thought you were trying to make some other political opinionated point that i was missing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.