Living Tribunal vs thanos with the infinity gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jamond1
who would win...I like Living tribunal more

Linkalicious
This isn't a fight....Tribunal doesn't throw punches or shoot beams....he snaps a finger and it is done.

Similar with Thanos who eliminated 1/2 the universe with a thought.

Tribunal wins...but it wouldn't be an interesting fight.

Mane
super boring battle...

jamond1
in fact what are the functions of infinity gauntlet?
can anyone use it??
although thanos have weared it, he is still too weak?

Mane
yeah Tribunal is one place higher in the hierarchy than the Infinity Gauntlet.

Linkalicious
Thanos is essentially able to do anything while he posseses the Infinity Guantlet.

He turned Wolverine's bones to rubber. He punched and shattered Cap's Shield. He stopped Thor's hammer and threw it so far away that it took longer than 60 seconds to come back to him (turning him to Masterson)

He easily defeated most of the cosmic beings in the universe. His greatest achievement, and ultimately his down fall was when he defeated Eternity and became the embodiment of Eternity.

When he left his physical form...he also left the Guantlet on his right hand.

This 6 part comic series isn't just a "good read" I personally think it is a "MUST READ" because it's a great story.

Mane
what series? The End?

Linkalicious
no....The Infinity Guantlet.

I'm pissed about The End. I have the first 4 comics, but I can't find the last 2.

I could have just bought the TPB, but forget that...i want the individuals.

Mane
yeah i was going to buy the IG series soon...

Linkalicious
I'm working on buying all of the crossovers and stuff for it. There are like 5 Silver Surfer crossovers....and i think each character (spidey, hulk, x-men, avengers...and more) all have atleast one comic where the IG arc crosses over.

Maelstrom
One would think that the Infinity Gauntlet belongs to the female Infinity. Shes golden. Most people have probley seen her. To her that gauntet is probley like a little of your spit to you. When she wants it back she can just have it.

Linkalicious
Actually NO...Infinity is incharge of Time....Eternity is incharge of Space.

But while Thanos obtains the Infinity Guantlet...his powers are stronger than hers. He is capable of controlling time OVER her, so she wouldn't be able to do something like go back in time to prevent Thanos from ever obtaining all of the gems.

The 6 gems of the guantlet were all originally owned by some sort of Elders...and NONE of them knew the full potential of their power except the owner of the reality gem. Thanos puts all 5 of the gems he's obtained up against the 1 reality gem in some sort of one on one contest. If Thanos loses, he loses all 5, if he wins, he keeps the 5 and obtains the 6th.

The Infinity Watch had a much greater understanding of the gems power than their previous owners.

Mane
dont forget though, Death is superior to Infinity and Eternity.

Mav
Not necassarily, it has been escaped before.

Mane
well yes it has been, BUT overall Death is superior.

jamond1
Then can he go to the pass ca kill Living Tribunal?

Krissy Von Doom
The gems in the Infinity Gaunlet are the remnants of a dude called "The One that Once Was" (or something similar) and this dude was pretty much the embodiment of all that was - there was no Eternity, Death, Living Tribunal etc....

He commited suicide and the gems are all that's left of him so I wouldn't say the Living Tribunal is a step above the wielder of the infinity gems. Plus, in one universe of the ever expanding Marvel Multiverse, the judgetment of the Living Tribunal was actually thwarted by Korvac, and he wasn't all that powerful.

Beyonder
LT>the Infinity Gauntlet

Infinity Gauntlet = supremacy of a universe, not the multiverse.

The being you're refering to Krissy Von Doom might very well be above LT, but the fact remains: LT is greater than the Infinity Gauntlet. The gems are only a part of this being.

Krissy Von Doom
I'd have to disagree with you Beyonder. The Tribunal is the judge of the whole multiverse however his judgement can be thwarted (by Korvac once) hence his power isn't absolute. I wouldn't say the six infinity gems are more powerful than the Tribunal but I'd say if the Tribunal had to forcefully remove the gems from a wielder, he'd come up short and give up.

Nataku8188
Or hed get angry and pinch a loaf on their doorstep to teach them a lesson

Beyonder
Krissy Von Doom
I'd have to disagree with you Beyonder. The Tribunal is the judge of the whole multiverse however his judgement can be thwarted (by Korvac once) hence his power isn't absolute. I wouldn't say the six infinity gems are more powerful than the Tribunal but I'd say if the Tribunal had to forcefully remove the gems from a wielder, he'd come up short and give up.

Warlock gave it up when LT ruled against him. Warlock knew himself that LT would eventually take the Gauntlet if the fought because of the Gauntlet's ability to see into the future. Thus Warlock gave in.

Krissy Von Doom
I believe you're mistaken Beyonder, Warlock gave it up because he knew a battle between the two of them would destroy, pretty much, everything. And if Warlock wished for everything in existence to be destroyed, he wouldn't have helped the heroes in thwarting Thanos.

Beyonder
True this might be one of the reasons. Yet, Warlock was able to restore everything after all the destruction Thanos and Nebula had created. I doubt he'd have trouble restoring it again if he had to.

However, when Warlock attacked Eternity and chaos ensued, LT snapped his fingers and called for order and order was restored. This shocked Warlock; LT's power had restored order to the court and stopped Warlock's attacks. The whole time Warlock wasn't even sure who he was dealing with; the Tribunal, however, was in control throughout the trial. The matter of ruling against or taking away the gems wasn't a concern - he seemingly was more interested in the case Eternity brought and if he can prove Adam was not worthy of the Gauntlet.

HarmonicFlo88
why did thanos destroy half tha universe? who was affected in tha marvel universe? and why was this allowed by LT?

Linkalicious
Thanos destroyed 1/2 of the Universe in order to appease Death. He is love with her and in order to obtain her love in return...he decided to present her with a bountiful supply of "fresh souls"

LOTS of people in the Marvel Universe were affected. Thanos' own father was taken by this desire to destroy 1/2 the life in the universe. A lot of the Avengers, and other known teams lost important members. Throughout the entire universe (skrull, kree, earthlings, Asgaurd, Olympians...etc) everyone was missing 1/2 of their world's population. Lots of heroes were lost, but without the comics, it's difficult to tell you which ones.

The Living Tribunal, much like the Watchers, did not intercede because it was not Thanos' desire to destroy the universe, it was merely his desire to end 1/2 the life in the universe. Why doesn't LT stop Galactcus from devouring worlds? For the same reason he didn't stop Thanos with the Gauntlet. Because change is inevitable, as long as he doesn't destroy all exsistence....then who is to say that this change isn't for the better? or for the worst?

In theory, if you killed off 1/2 of the worlds population, you would also be killing 1/2 of the worlds terrorists. Though the bad outweighs the good, there is still good that gets done.

It's not Thanos' "fault" that he became the most power being in the universe. He "earned" that power through intelligence and careful planning. If you are a strong enough being to destroy Eternity and take the mantle of Eternity....then you for the most part...deserve to be the next Eternity.

HarmonicFlo88
wow. holy shit. DAMN.

nicely written btw. thanks

and its funny most of tha characters most ppl kno weren't killed off. a true killing of HALF of tha world would definitely get rid of some x-men...not to mention half of tha characters mentioned in this very forum.

Evangel94
Living Tribunal will only act if the marvel multiverse is threatened.

verstandt
Hey there,

I caught saw the post on the attempt to collect all of the infinity gauntlet crossovers. I am near completion of this task myself, however, you should be aware that there are more crossovers to the infinity Gauntlet than are labled. The whole thing starts (i think) with Silver Surfer #34. I am including a list of all the Infinity Gauntlet crossovers.

Infinity Gauntlet #1-6
Cloak and Dagger #18
Doctor Strange #31-36
Incredible Hulk #383-385
Quasar #26, 27
Silver Surfer #34 - 59
Sleepwalker #6, 7
What if.. #34, #49, #104

I believe this is all of them. There is also the Infinity Watch, The Warlock Chronicles and Silver Surfer / Warlock Ressurection which take place directly after the Infinity Gauntlet and leads into the Infinity War.
I also have a complete list (i think) of the Infinity War and Infinity Crusades Crossovers. As far as I am aware, there are no crossovers for the Infinity Abyss or The End. If i am mistaken, please let me know. Also, if you are interested in the other lists, or if I have missed any crossovers, let me know.

verstandt

Linkalicious
bye bye thanos

guy222
Originally posted by jamond1
who would win...I like Living tribunal more

True Living Tribunal

Galan007
Though I don't think there is as big of a power difference between them as most people think....

LT still takes this.

King Kandy
Originally posted by guy222
True Living Tribunal
NO THREAD BUMPING!

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by King Kandy
NO THREAD BUMPING!
People complain when other creates a therad that allready exists, and they also complain when you revive a thread.
So how can they be a part of a dicussion that's already been?

But it just seems like he's reviving the once which has the Living Tribunal.

Lord Urizen
IG power beyond one universe, this has been proven during the Infinity War, and even within the Infinity Gauntet in small detail.

Living Tribunal, however, exists beyond the mainstream Marvel 616 containing multiverse...his power is above the IG

King Kandy
If the threads a gazzilion years old, it didn't need to have Guy222 bumping everythread with the Living Tribunal in it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.