Ever seen an alien ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Papaumau
I was wondering if any of you have REALLY seen an alien ?

I ask this as I cannot see why or how they would come here just to fly about and not at least try to have contact with someone - anyone - that is not one of the classic abductees you see in those TV comedy shows.

Maybe there HAS been "first contact" and the military are keeping us in the dark ?

I don't think that there is such a thing as hi-tech aliens as it stands to reason that highly evolved creatures are bound to self-destruct when their technology gets too difficult to control.

I can think of half a dozen ways that we - or any other advanced species - could destroy ourselves/themselves when we/they get too big for our/their boots. alien

anothergeek
i havent seen one yet but i do think there is other beings in this universe.

it would be cool to see one and see how they look and if they have similarites with humans

Darth Revan
I don't believe aliens have ever visited Earth, but I can't imagine that in all the vastness of the universe there are no other lifeforms.

Clovie
yes i did.

on tv.

Papaumau
Yeah...but was it a REAL alien Clovie ?

WindDancer
Yes! We just call them Illegal Aliens here in L.A. wink

Mr Zero
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31891&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

Clovie
nope stick out tongue

Papaumau
SO....As Clovie has only seen an unreal one on TV and WindDancer thinks I am talking about Wetbacks, I guess that nobody here has seen a real one then ?

SO.......

Ask me if I have seen one then, gowan, gowan, gowan !

pinsleepe
yeah, right, all the time...

Pyrofly
no, but i do believe that there is other life out there

BackFire
I thought I did once, but it was just Rosie O'Donnel.

Silver Stardust
laughing out loud nice, BF.

I've never seen an alien myself, but like DR said, I find it very hard to believe that in the entire universe there are no other lifeforms.

SaTsuJiN
lol.. nope never seen an alien. :P

WindDancer
lol! That word is so common here. But I just rather don't use it that much. stick out tongue

Okay, I'll ask....Have you seen an Alien?

bardock
yeah i am and alien and i am talking too form my ship. which for some reason with all of technology still has dial up

Clovie
what if i am an alien?

yerssot
then you're back from outerspace laughing out loud

Clovie
oks. and then what?
they gonna make some stupid tests on me or what?

yerssot
it's from a song messed

Clovie
sorry.

SlipknoT
I thought I saw a UFO when I was six, but it was a blimp, I had never seen one before

~Angel~
I saw an alien once... It was my 9th grade english teacher...no expression I'm seriousno expression

ragesRemorse
I saw some aliens when i was trippin before.

Jedi Priestess
No, but I do indeed believe that they exhist....and I have to wonder about Area 54.

Papaumau
I thought you would never arsk !

Well, I don't think that I have seen a real one, ( if you can discount pink elephants and stuff ),....BUT I think I have heard one !

To explain:

I have used a screensaver on my 'puter for around four years now that is part of the University of Berkeley Search For Extra Terrestrial Intelligence...AKA...SETI @ home and I have seen many times when the data given to me from the Arecibo Radio Telescope looked as if it had a pattern to it. I send back about ten sets of analysed data per week to Seti @ home and yet I have never been contacted by them to say that any of my results have proved that ET exists.

I was annoyed to say the least when I read in my morning newspaper that SETI had recorded three incidences of a space signal that totals one full minute from a region of space between Pisces and Aries.

The signal - which they have named SHGbo2+14a comes from a region that does not have any obvious planetary-system for around 1,000 light-years.

California University researcher Eric Korpela believes that the message is "real".

If you want to run the Seti @ home screensaver get it here:

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu

WindDancer
Awesome! I check the site and it looks like a fascinating project! Got to read more on that. The project seems to be very academic and I'm more interested in the research. Looks like the real thing! Thanks Paps! smile

§nakehead
I have seen a UFO before.

Papaumau
Ahhhhh but Snakehead...seeing UFOs is is a different thing from seeing aliens up close.

There are thousands of UFO sightings every year all over the world.

In fact, my daughter and her family live very near to the most common place for UFO sightings in the world: The Stenhousemuir, Bannockburn, Denny, triangle near Stirling, in the central belt of Scotland.

The town to see the UFOs is called Bonniebridge.

Here is a news-article on this: http://news.scotsman.com/scitech.cfm?id=397402004

In fact this place has so many UFO sightings the local authority are soon to build facilities for scientists and interested bodies to study the phenomenon.

I know one thing......I would LOVE to meet an extra terriestrial being.

fever red
Guess it's one of the good ways to die. You want to live well, even if it means dying... Aliens wouldn't necessarily have to be hostile to be dangerous, even lethal. Only different, and not fully able to understand us. I've attempted to "assist" and "befriend" animals, people in extreme mental states, etc, and no good has come of it often. Sometimes, observation is safest and wisest. How should one interact with an alien?
Well, like I said, "good" way to die. Novel. Actually, maybe not even novel in a larger sense, but novel in your personal history.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.