New mastered editions of OT soundtracks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

queeq
Did anyone see that there are new digitally mastered soundtracks out of the OT.... ANOTHER SET... THat's about number four I think.... Lucas keeps milking this cow till it drops.... Amazing.

tlbauerle
Yup...here it is

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2004/08/news20040820.html

For $60...I don't think so. I still want my AOTC Ultimate Edition that was scrapped.

Cipher
It just never stops with Lucas, does it? And the sad truth is it will probably
sell ......

queeq
INdeed. I already have the original albums, then the Anthology (lies all lies) and then the SE's (I still have to get ANH somewhere). So what is new about these then?

Cipher
Not much it seems, pictures that haven't been seen before (wow). Lucasfilm is putting out a lot of stuff hoping to sell it based on nostalgia to casual fans....

Darth Jello
john williams conducted and arranged new music for the DVDs including the imperial march in the first film

queeq
What? He did? What sacrilegde.... Good thing I have ANH in both previous versions on VHS.

Cipher
Really? I heard that that piece of music would be usewd in that movie, but I never considered the soundtrack.....
I wonder how different it is .....
Damn you, Lucas!!

Ken Benobi
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=2229358

laughter is the best medicine...

queeq
laughing out loud

cylob49
in the uk you get a fee box set soundtrack if you turn up at midnight for the dvd release at HMV records and a gold cover on the boxset.

cylob49
Tho if they are $60 a pop maybe they aint gonna be but is says so on the poster i saw this morning whilst buying the greatest film of the year on dvd ......SOTD............

cylob49
AND the dvd of rotj was playing on the shop tv monitors...i couldve hung round to see the younger anakin ghost at the end......................................but i have a life.

cylob49
had another look in hmv..the cd boxset is available exclusivley from hmv over the counter in uk...wish they made it clearer.

queeq
Yes...

mephistodesigns
the only changes I've read that are "confirmed" (as confirmed as anything on the internet is but several sites are posting this) is the Imperial March added when Vader enters Tantive 4 but that one seems more rumor. And again when the Falcon enters the Death Star. Then in Empire, to go along with the new Emperor in the Holographic commuication scene, the Emperor's theme has been added. And I heard that Anakin's theme has been added to his moment of death in ROTJ and where Obi tells Luke about his father. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
On a side note, there was a list on these very forms about a year ago about eventual changes Lucas wanted to make to the OT to link them to the PT. Most of the changes we've heard of were on that list. I think that list might have actually been real. At least notes on desired changes since most of them seem to be coming to pass. Does anyone remember it? or have it still?

mephistodesigns
I've also read on several sites that the line from ROTJ from Leia concerning her "real" mother has "either been altered or omitted". I think it was on digitalbits.com or something...

queeq
THat woud be.... TERRIBLE!!!

mephistodesigns
unless she dies in III. Since everyone, especially in these forums, debates that every few months, whether or not she remembers her mother, that would put an end to a lot of senseless debate. He's just patching up holes.

queeq
So the lines are not changed... all eyes turn to Padme in ROTS.

OB1-adobe
Yeah well I'm hearing it ain't. Where did you get that info Jedi Mike?

mephistodesigns
a ton of websites are saying this. mainly in reviews.

queeq
Not confirmed by any DVD owners...

Cinemaddiction
How could you tell th difference between a remastered soundtrack and a new recording, anyway? It did indeed sound pretty crisp, but when something has undergone as elabroate an overhaul as these movies, it's hard to decipher.

queeq
You can tell the difference by the amount of money missing from your wallet.

Ripe
have you ppl even bothered to watch the DVDs!

none of the crap you kids are splurting is true!

No they didnt add vaders bloody theme on the blockade runner FFS!
Nor is Leia's lines on Endor altered or omitted!

The only changes to ANH are new CGI jabba, Han shoots slightly faster, dianoga eye, auberish (sp), touch ups to some effects such as lightsabers and lasers.....

the only issue that SHITS me is that Luke's lightsaber on the falcon is GREEN in some shots, that they STILL havent bloody bothered to clean the optical matt boxes from the Tie Fighters in the Death Star escape sequence, and that the music seems to have been DULLED down significantly when they begin the trench runs

Get your facts straight ppl! honestly!

queeq
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Not the green sabre again...

OB1-adobe
I think you can put a bag over your head now, and be ashamed for spreading false information.

mephistodesigns
yeah, apparently all those reviews on line didn't actually HAVE the dvd's to review. All those reviews, all that bad info... oh well, no one seemed to like the idea of messing with music anyway.

queeq
Tar and feather them, I say.

Darth Jello
well apparently the new cues weren't used for the DVDs. Williams said he was recording them in an interview. I guess they must be lying around on some reel at Abby Road Studios

queeq
Maybe he was talking about something else.

Darth Jello
well, i'm sure lucas is gonna make another buttload of changes for the HDDVD release once III comes out and I and II are reissued. that sets prolly gonna retail for a small fortune.

queeq
Yup, and we suckers just keep buying it and buying it.

mephistodesigns
Myself included....I'm so ashamed no

queeq
No, you're not.

mephistodesigns
Yeah, I know... big grin Happy Dance

Darth Jello
what pisses me off most is that they did nothing to fix the horrible noise cancellation on the ROTJ percussion. course, I don't know how they'd do that without rerecording them completely....

it sounds like the whole frickin' section was recorded in a giant egg carton.

mephistodesigns
I TOTALLY AGREE!!! That's always bothered me. they really should re-record them all so they're crisper. But that one in particular is really weak in the base.

Darth Jello
i think they should keep them analog cause you lose a lot when you record everything straight to digital. Hell, i'd rerecord the prequal soundtracks in analog to make them better. the only huge problem is that the bass and percussion were probably recorded in a small room without much natural reverb and a lot of wooden panelling and possibly even carpet on the floor. this makes them sound just horrible and muffled.

Reborn Again
Well, just seen the new movies and GL's lost a fan. I freakin' hate Hayden and I did not want to see him in E6. He looks out of place, which of course he is, and who is he staring at? The camera? And I can understand why they changed Boba Fett's voice because he's a clone, but the original voice was what made Boba Fett, well... Boba Fett. George Lucas has butchered his legacy. I perhaps viewed the saga maybe once a year, but now with all these stupid freakin' changes... FU Lucas!

mephistodesigns
He's staring at luke, then looking on to the celebration of the Empire's defeat. Which was what Sebastian Shaw's ghost of Anakin did as well. Boba Fett's suit made Boba Fett. Now Vader, his voice made his character. Anybody see the clips of Prowse on set doing the dialogue? He sounded like Rick Morranis as Dark Helmet with the face plate down!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.