Bad Boys 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thomas H
finally, all of the old crew has decided to join...Smith, Lawrence, Bay and Bruckheimer. YES!!!!
This movie is going to be a smash hit all over!!!
Number one was great!!!
what do you guys think about this!!

finti
It had its moments but would consider it great

Thomas H
I loved it, it was funny, great action and lots off other things, just what a good action movie needs! smile smile
do you think the sequel will be good!
??

finti
Since I didnt rank Bad boys that high i doubt I will have high regards for the sequel

Thomas H
anyone on this board a bad boys fan!!?

ToMacco
Maybe Bad Boy smile

Bad Boy
YYYYYEEEESSSSS!!!!!

About bloody time too! Bad Boys- Michael Bay's second best film and the second best film ever made! Why? 'Cos I said so!

Thomas H
what is michaels best bad boy??

Bad Boy
Either Pearl Harbor or The Rock!

Thomas H
I would say the rock!! ...it rocked smile
It has been my fav movie for a long time, but now Black Hawk Down is on the top spot, followed by: the rock, lotr and pearl harbor!!!
Anyway, I have heard that bad boys will open in juli, I dont hope that will happen...because then it will met terminator 3, and it will be chruched!!

Thomas H
Will, Will smith make a soundtrack to this movie?? ......hopefully not, he dont have to many good songs......

ToMacco
I think Will Smith should end his music career.

Bad Boy
Yes, he should give up his music career.

Thomas H
I agree, he have had some small hits..but nothing special...the problem is that he probably make the soundtrack...

ToMacco
I do like the song "Gettin' Jiggy Wit' It" smile

Thomas H
yea,...that one is ok, men in black is ok....but he dont got any more that is good!!

finti
I can beat Mike Tyson is cool
Summertimes are pretty ok

Thomas H
hmmm, have not heard about any of those!

Bad Boy
I honestly can't wait for Bad Boys 2. To Star Wars fans, the news is like when they heard another 3 would be made. That's what it's like more me.

The film changed my life- literally!!!!

ToMacco
Well, more power to ya, then.

Thomas H
Thats what I felt to bad boy!!

ToMacco
I prefer Star Wars.

Thomas H
nothing wrong with that...everybody prefer star wars!!!! it is simply one of the best...but I am really waiting for this movie, I have waited for so long now!!

ToMacco
Yes, it looks like you'll have to wait a bit longer yet.

Thomas H
but you have to wait even longer for star wars 3

Bad Boy
Yes you do!

Thomas H
big grin

FLIPMODE
Um,
Im a Bad Boy Fan...BUT, with the long line of Crap that came to be from these particular filmmakkers, Bad oy has lost it's shine.

Plus I think that anything Martin Lawrence is in, will be Crap. Did anyone see "What's the worst that can happen?"?

Pure Crap. He's getting FAT too. He's no longer humorous nor good looking. And I hate watching action scenes with actors who are literally unable to do the action. I mean some actors you just can't see them bending over to pick up a penny, musch less beat up a Bad Guy.

Oh yeah, Pearl Harbor Goes 3 slots behind attack of the Killer Tomatoes on the all time movie list at #386, 987.

Actually Killer Tomatoes moved up alot, due to the Fact that they PURPOSELY made a bad movie. Pearl harbor was a disaster, and is being shown at my school as how not to make movies.

Bad Boy
Well, Pearl Harbor can be seen as a disaster as a view of opinion, but did your teacher actually sit down, watch each shot and find faults?

Either your school is criticisng PH just because they didn't find it entertaining or they have absolutly no knowledge of film making.

As a film student who has had straight A's in every single exam and essays set, and a film critic, Pearl Harbor was a very thoughtfully made film even though the love story could be seen as tacky and there were too many cliches and historical accuracies.

Tell me, what was wrong with PH in terms of film making?

Thomas H
pearl was good! nothing wrong with the filmmaking...anyway..bay could have noticed some of the stupid mistakes in the movie..like when Affleck craches his plane in the ocean its on the day..and when he get up of the whater its night..now thats a bad misstake!

Bad Boy
Yes, that is a huge mistake but that was probably done to stylise the scene. Besides, he comes back at night and if it flashed back to day it probably would have looked naff!

There are a few small mistakes (some unforgiveable) but if it doesn't affect the your enjoyment, then who cares?

FLIPMODE
Um... roll eyes (sarcastic) just look at what you pointed out yourself. There's no point in ignoring those obvious flaw in Filmmaking,...Unless your a Fan of the Filmmaker themselves. Which Im not. I did Like Bad Boys however.

But the Film did a diservice to the battle. Plus they totally did a terrible job showing the Japanese Story. and If your going to Make a film on a TRUE TO LIFE SENSITIVE and SERIOUS story, then you might as well be totally truthful, and do away the the hollywood formula of a movie. all they had to do was Relive the events. That's all. They mainly needed to cut out the entire Soap Opera Love Story, Besides the Actors were Terrible. They cared more about creating these images of Young goodlooking actors falling in Love, and trying to pull a Tear from our eye, than focusing on the war, and All the aspects of it. And that's the truth.

All they wanted to do was take a Serious event in history, and make a Summer blockbuster Movie out of it, instead of showing respect to the people involved in the battle. Just because they hire a couple of Veterens to overlook the filming of the movie, does not mean they had the right intentions in mind. And just because they took no cash up front to do the Film, the Terms were that they would all get paid after the Movie recieved revenue. So it's not exactly a Charity act. And if it truley were;... you would'nt have even heard about it. You only hear what they want you to know, and their publicists were sure to put that info out to the public, to make them look better.

But Basically the Movie Stunk on Many levels, Acting, Story, and the inability to make us care more about the events, and the Characters. The Love Story was way out of Line. Not to say their was not love at that time...they just seemed to care about that more than the event.

A good War movie: Saving Private Ryan.

Thomas H
Black Hawk Down is a good war movie!!!
Anyway..dont turn this over to a pearl harbor thread..its about Bad Boys 2!! cool

Bad Boy
I understand all your points and respect all of them.

BUT, for me Pearl Harbor worked. During the casulty scenes and the sinking of the Olkahoma, I personally felt sorry for all the soldiers involved. Yes, Pearl Harbor was just a summer blockbuster movie but that was the film's intention. It was never meant to be fine art. The fact that the film was even made has made people aware of Pearl Harbor- I'd never even heard of it!

Some action scenes were stupid, but remember script writing had to be responsable for some of that. I read an interview with Bay a year before the release and he clearly stated that he was worried about some of the action shots like Cuba Gooding Jnr. shooting at the plane because he had to do them in that specific way. Bay's contract stated that he had to do these scenes because Randall Wallace wanted them or legal action would have been taken.

I take it you are doing a Macro analysis of Pearl Harbor then, not Micro.

And how can you say the acting was awful..... apart from Kate Beckinsale, Dan Akroyd. Then again, the script was so bad, even the greatest actors would have struggled with the tacky dialogue.

Ushgarak
Interesting though this is, it really should be in a seperate thread. Feel free to open one or dig up an old one.

Thomas H
still this is a thread about bad boys 2 people!!! cool

Bad Boy
And I will gladly talk about Bad Boys! It's the greatest buddy-action movie ever!

Does anyone know any plot details?

Thomas H
Dont know yet Bad Boy..but the filming will start 15 july I believe..cant wait to see the trailer!!Does anyone know how much money Smith will get?

Rockula
I maybe the only one, as I know she doesn't often get a lot of respect, but I will miss Tea Leoni. I know she couldn't be the main girl anymore but she at least should get a cameo if nothing else. She is one of the main reasons I like the original. Basically Smith and Lawrence played very similar characters and Leoni was the contrast to their personalities. I would also like to see Joey Pants back.

Bad Boy
Pantolianio must return! I said so!

Thomas H
laughing out loud
<<<hopefylly!!
Hey bb do you remember the tall guy who helpe Lawrey and Smith to open some files for them...?
He is back!!!!!!!!COOL!!!

Bad Boy
Yeah!

Bottom line, i will knock u the **** out!

Thomas H
laughing out loud the best bad boys quote in the film! I just love that scene!!

Thomas H
Some casting here:
Bad Boys 2
By FilmJerk

Let's get one thing straight. While I do get casting sheets like these from time to time, I have no freakin idea where auditions are or whom you should send your headshots to. I just pass along the information, okay.

Now, I wasn't much of a fan of the first one. Perhaps it was because Sony didn't have much faith in first time feature director Michael Bay or the two young actors who replaced Jon Lovitz and Dana Carvey. The struggles of the first film have already been covered much better by much more talented writers than myself, so I can only hope that Sony will just throw heeps o' money at Bruckheimer and Bay and let them do their thing. Because, just sometimes, we need brainless crap like Bad Boys 2 to help us get between episodes of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.

The Starring Roles:

SYDNEY "SYD" BURNETT: 28 yrs. old, African American. She's sassy, smart, gorgeous - and Marcus' half sister. Mike turns on the charm and bullshit to try to seduce her, causing friction in the partnership with Marcus. She lives in NYC and claims to have a desk job at DEA. We later find out nothing could be further from the truth, she is an under cover agent pretending to launder dirty money. We also find out, she's good with a gun (Casting agents note this is "a great role for a star or an unknown".)

JOHNNY TAPIA: Late 30s to Early 40s with a darkly handsome face. Cuban/American. A deadly killer, ingenuous drug dealer. He is definitely not an "old school" dealer. His shipment of ecstasy pills is the largest to come out of Amsterdam. He has a lot of fire power and hates the law. He is nicknamed "The General" (Another "great role for a star or an unknown", according to the casting agents.)

The Supporting Roles

It is noted that while the following five characters coming back from the original Bad Boys, they may be the original actor or recast. This, to me, reads "If your name is Julio Oscar Mechoso, Nestor Serrano, Theresa Randle or John Salley and you want a part in this film that will definitely help your career, accept your normal rate or find someone else playing your role. And if your name is Joe Pantoliano, please don't screw us too much because there's only so much left to actually make the movie after Will and Martin and Jerry and Michael gets theirs."

DETECTIVE RUIZ: 30s- 40s. Hispanic, one of the Bad Boys, part of the Tactical Narcotics Team with Mike and Marcus. Ruiz and Sanchez are as close a team as Marcus and Mike, and like any couple that has been together for a long time they will wear the same tropical shirts to dress alike

DETECTIVE SANCHEZ: 30's- 40's. Hispanic, one of the Bad Boys, part of the Tacitical Narcotics Team with Mike and Marcus

THERESA: Mid 30's Marcus' wife. African American. Pretty, smart and strong willed. A mother hen to her family and friends. She is the care taker and a force to be reckoned with if anyone, including her husband threatens her home

CAPTAIN HOWARD: 40s - 50s. Caucasian. He is trying a new tactic of reasoning, not ranting and raving (as he did in the original Bad Boys. He is into group therapy with his men, his politeness usually doesn't last long

JOHN SALLEY: Late 20's early 30's , African American.(he is very tall) reformed computer hacker turned Miami police department Computer Whiz

Other Supporting Roles:

KU KLUX KLAN GUY: Late 20's - early 30's; not the brightest bulb; kind of inbred. Very impressionable. The Bad Boys do a number on him, from posting a web site advertising that he?s a snitch to dragging him around in the trunk of their car throughout the film

ALEXEI: 40's Russian owner of Red Square Nightclub. He uses his club to push his drugs and launder money. He hired Syd to aid in the laundering, she was referred by his boys in New York

JOSEF: 40's Russian owner of Red Square Nightclub. Partner of Alexei

CARLOS: 35 years. Cuban, ruthless, the right hand of the "General " (Johnny Tapia)

BLOND DREAD Mid 20's-40. Haitian with blonde dreads, bad guy, a Zoepounder gangster. He's armed and dangerous

HECTOR Mid 20's-40. Hispanic. 4'11".He is the partner of John Salley

ROBERTO: Mid 20s-40. Hispanic. He meets and greets the pest control guys at Tapia's house. But pest control guys are Marcus and Mike. Roberto is killed like a bug by Tapia

DONA MARIA: 65 yrs. old. Hispanic. Tapia's mother, believes what ever Tapia tells her

ICEPICK: Mid 20's-40. Haitian. He's a flashy pimp in little Haiti like a Tijuana barker in a doorway. He's into pimpin', panderin', pushin' and wearing bad suits. Under a bribe, he's an informant to Mike and Marcus

JOHNNY TAPIA'S DAUGHTER: 16 yrs. Hispanic. She is into being a debutante in Miami. Spoiled and beatiful. Daddy's girl

MEGAN (MARCUS/MARTIN LAWRENCE'S DAUGHTER): 14 years. African American, she's a budding teenager and about to go out on her first date

Shooting begins on the Simpson/Bruckheimer production (yes, you read that correctly, Don's getting a credit despite passing away in 1995) in July in Miami.

skule
bad boys 2 what do you think guys, hit or miss? i think mediocre hit. smokin'

Tired Hiker
Saw the preview, doesn't look bad. I was surprised.

Thomas H
it looks awsame...and it will hit big!!

diegocala
It looks a little over the top, but that is not that bad of a thing

Thomas H
i dont care big grin

Metroplex
First movie was pretty good.

skule
actually i saw the clips today, i tihnk its gonna be the best hit this summer. Might over take T3 i wouldnt be surprised. Martin+Smith=cracks us up. laughing out loud

smithers2003
i like there soundtrack

bigbadbike2
I don't like Martin, but I believe BB2 will be aan incredibly fun movie.

Tex

ChinaNiki
This movie was hilarious. Much better than the first one. Lots of comedy, car chases, and explosions.

*sings Bad boys, bad boys, watcha gonna do when they come for you..."

Thomas H
cant wait fot this one!

-=Urot=-
I just saw it last nite. Imo it was very good and funny as hell.

I loved the part when they were going after blondie dred. They were going around the room interviewing the dead bodies after the shoot out.

"Let me go over here and see what he knows. Nope he don't know nuttin either!! Welp let me see about him. Nope he's dead too!!"

That was funny.....

J_To_The_P
Wow, this movie was worth the 8 year wait between the 1st & 2nd, although I just found out, and bought the 1st on Special Edition DVD about a week and a half ago, I just saw Bad Boys II, and it was SO GREAT, Hilarious, and Action packed, had to have around 8 action scenes in about 165 minutes, anybody who saw Bad Boys 1, or likes Will Smith and/or Martin Lawrence, go see it, it's action packed, hilarious, easily one of the best Comedy/Dramas of 2003!

-=Urot=-
Like I said in another thread. I loved the part when they were going after blondie dred.

I was pissing my paints when they were interviewing the dead bodies after the shoot out. They made blondie so scared that he started spilling his guts.

ChinaNiki
I liked the part when the were in the video store. Everyone in the theater was slapping there knees over that scene. big grin

-=Urot=-
** I just noticed that its the same thread. Silly me. **

That scene was funny. Will was talking about shooting martin in the A*s, but the rest of the crowd thought they were lovers!! That was priceless!

Kes
The threads were merged smile
Carefull with the spoilers,ok?!
Thanks.

J_To_The_P
Oh wait nevermind! I see what they did, my fault sorry! embarrasment

Kes
No problem JP wink

-=Urot=-
Yeah I think we need to post spoiler if we are going to share tid bits from the movie.

ChinaNiki
I saw on tv where the house at the end of the movie was an actual house the movie bought in South Florida.

justinday15
It was way funnier then the first. laughing out loud

Tired Hiker
Aw man, you all just spoiled it for me. I'm not going to see this movie now. Just kidding. I like your reviews so I'll probably actually spend the money to see this one in theaters.

G.P
To me it's an 'unbalanced' movie. The beginning was great (car chase,...), the actors were good, the film funny. But to my mind the end was quite (& too) irreallistic (Ok guys my sister is in Cuba so I'm gonna go with three dozens other cops in an uncovered operation, we've got lots of super-weapons and are gonna kick butt, and especially ridicule the cuban army, oh oh oh, yeah man...=>see what I mean ?). There are also too much human limbs jumping everywhere, to my mind.

I do recommend this movie to all those who want to have a good time

6.9/10

Sweetone208
Does anyone know what style of Ray Ban sunglasses Will Smith is wearing?

Vincent Rendar
......I saw Bad Boys....the most awesomest movie, not the best but its definately good, like watch twice good. It was nonstop laughter. Smith looks big tho cause he hasnt lost all his ali weight yer, heh. Definately a good movie.....Gabrielle Union....*drools*

finti
BB1 sucked so I guess I aint gonna bother watching this

unrpunk
ok bad boys 1 was great! good action, good action directing, and pleanty of humor, and surprisingly good acting, bad boys 2 was even better! 2 1/2 hrs long, full of non-stop action and comedy, a must see!

ChinaNiki
this one is better than the first one

there are a couple of part s where the audience was just howling with laughter

finti
that shouldnt be too hard to achive

ThuggnBLUE
Hahaha, the electronic store scene...this fat lady behind me started laughin' so hard that she farted. I felt so violated

Catastrofic Luv
haha, that movie was hella funny. will smith looks hella good N that movie. haha. and lol @ thomas h. hahaha.

greeny33
i wasn't 2 keen on it personally but it had some comedy in it

holdenhsvgtsr
went to the first showin in scotland today and it was great loved the first chase with the 575 but the second time when dodgein the cars listen to the engine they change it for a 550, and the chase with the cts was better than the one in the matrix great film and funny a must see.

We ride together,We die together,Bad Boys for life

CandyKoRn
I heard it's a guy thing..

like really boring..

pablo007
you've heard wrong, it rocks.

BackFire349
I've heard it wasnt that good, but ive also heard it was good. so it just depends on your tastes.

silver_tears
ive seen it big grin
bravo i really liked it big grin

lil bitchiness
Yeah...thats one 'bad' film...i liked it! big grin

movie_freak
It's a great film...i don;t understand some people don't like it

Hypernova
Haven't seen it yet.

lukeyduckey
I saw this last night and thought it was great. Will Smith and Martin Lawrnece are great arguing and the whole film was a winner! The car chases was good and some the linew was brillant. Espically the kid Regge.
"Have you ever had sex with a man....do you wanna?" Will Smith trying to scar Regge

sugarxen
lol. i loved it too...it is a squel i thought actually lived up the original. am a happy bunny bunny

BadBoy4Life
thot this movie was even better than first one and it was great .......not many sequels are than the original ......this one was !!!! cool

lukeyduckey
Bad boys bad boys wactha gonna do!! Watcha gonna do when they come for you.

Yep a sequal which was good. Thank you people.

Kes
Well the original isnt very good so it cant be that hard for this 1 to be better.

silver_tears
will smith is so hot on that poster eek!

Bad Boy
Ahhh Mr Bay, I love ya!

lukeyduckey
Kes that was very rude hehe

Kes
Its true!

lukeyduckey
Still rude hehe (soz in a pissed of mood so im trying to laugh it off)

JS9
Doesn't everything? stick out tongue

dj_jezmo
does anyone know which song is played in the disco where a man with a overdose of xtc is lying on a table ?!?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.