planet of the apes original

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dean7879
this movie is excellent...i watched it when i was a kid but coudnt remember much..not even the chilling ending....YOU BLEW IT...GODDAMN YOU..GODDAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!

great film.....and i like how the director has a pop at mankind..we deserve it

who likes it??

BloomBabyGirl
it was..........good then ok now

vvvrulz
It was an alltime great for sure. I could watch this over and over, its a real pity that it spawned four appalling sequels, a horrible TV series, including animated, and worst of all the ridiculous remake by Tim Burton.

The orignal movie stands alone in its greatness.

Cinemaddiction
Still is, kids. One of Sci Fi's greatest achievements.

<<Solo>>
I agree, it's not any less entertaing then it was 13 years ago for me.

vvvrulz
I never said it wasn't, or didn't mean to anyway.

dean7879
what happened with taylor and his friends....did they go through a time warp which sent them into the future....or does time just slow down when u are in space

WindDancer
I always felt that POTA was a parody to mock Evolution. Good film not the greatest sci-fi of all time.

BloomBabyGirl
well "old man" maybe it was for you but the whole even idea for the movie was stypid when i first even heard of it

dean7879
great idea..and it is original...its better than the crap thats out nowadays

BloomBabyGirl
when i first heard of it i was like.....uh....why apes? it just sounded dumb when my aunt told me about it but then i watched it and it was good but not THAT good like best sci fi good

Cinemaddiction
I'm 26, for starters. Apparently you're just green to Sci Fi, which is O.K.

dean7879
some people dont appreciate great films

BloomBabyGirl
well im 17 which is not a kid and because u appreciate something doesnt mean its the greatest thing in the genre

vvvrulz
Lets all calm down shall we, everyone has their own tastes.

dean7879
no !! i will not calm down at all
big grin just joking...i was calm to begin with
just sayin that not many people today appreciate old classics
they would rather watch crap films of today

vvvrulz
Which is strange i'll admit, but to each his own. Those same people will think those who watch old movies are odd.

Cinemaddiction
No longer a kid at 17. That's rich. Not once did I say POTA was the greatest movie in Sci Fi, I did however say it was one of the best, and most innovative.

"Don't get it twisted", as one of those rappers guys once said.

BackFire
Man, this movies awesome. But stay clear of that botch Tim Butthole Burton made. It's like he took the original, pissed on it, set it on fire, and gave it to a retarded kid for a week, then released it to the public.

yerssot
I was that kid no expression

the original was on here 4-5 weeks ago and jumped to the chance to see it again... it's obviously very old but I still think it's so good, with two very well known quotes:
"Get your paws of me, you dirty ape!" (when he says that I always think of the simpson episode where Troy McClure sings it)
"Damn them! Damn them all to hell!"

just love this film cause it's such a classic one ... the other four (?) were just horriblen though they did had a nice way of thinking in them smile

vvvrulz
There were four more made in the 70's, and then the Burton remake. Each were as awful as the last.

<<Solo>>
I saw that one commin from a mile away laughing

Darth Vicious
The original is a classic, and thanks god for Sc1-Fi, they are running a marathon of POTA movies right now smile

dean7879

Bornwild2152
Yeah that ending was awesome. Much better than the new one. But the new one had more action in it.

Cinemaddiction
Action wasn't the draw of the original movie, whch may be why Burton's failed. The sequel, "Beneath the Planet of the Apes", was great, IMO.

Wolfie
I just watched the original today for the first time since I was a kid (so it's fresh all over again). I must say, I love it! I'm contemplating on seeing the Burton remake, as I'm sure he messed it up.

So are any of the sequels worth it? C-Dic, you said you liked Beneath, which I'll check out now. How about the other three? There are five total, right?

Fire
original one was great, I own them all all five original once (could be six but pretty sure it's just 5) the sequels aren't as strong as the first one, they get weird with ppl worshipping an A-bomb and the like... Last one was one I liked tho

Wolfie
I've been renting all of the sequels. They seem to be getting more and more ridiculous as they go along. Though I still have the last two to watch, I think it's safe to say the first one is the only good one.

K.Diddy
beer I just seen this for the first time,never seen the remake,but this was great,really enjoyed it,found it a bit slow paced at times but definitely a classic movie 8.5/10

Myth
I saw the original for the first time about 2 years ago. I loved it even though I was already aware of the ending. I thought it was going to be one of those movies that the end justifies the rest of the movie, but it was enjoyable throughout.

Wolfie
There are a lot of movie endings that everyone knows, even if they never saw the movie.

Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father. The Planet of the Apes was Earth. Rosebud is the sled. I knew all those endings before seeing the movies, but they didn't make the movies any less amazing the first time I saw them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.