Zell Miller Speaks at Republican convention

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Creechuur
Holy crap, did anyone catch this speech? He ripped Kerry a new one. He ripped the upper echelons of the Democratic party a new one...and he's a Democrat! I've always thought Zell was a good apple, but he blew me away with his speech.

I'll bet he just cost Kerry the Presidency...if he had any chance of winning it in the first place. One things for sure, I didn't see any Republicans talking crap about their own at the democratic convention.

Text of speech by Democratic Sen. Zell Miller of Georgia as prepared for delivery Wednesday at the Republican National Convention:

___

Since I last stood in this spot, a whole new generation of the Miller Family has been born: Four great grandchildren.

Along with all the other members of our close-knit family, they are my and Shirley's most precious possessions.

And I know that's how you feel about your family also. Like you, I think of their future, the promises and the perils they will face.

Like you, I believe that the next four years will determine what kind of world they will grow up in.

And like you, I ask which leader is it today that has the vision, the willpower and, yes, the backbone to best protect my family?

The clear answer to that question has placed me in this hall with you tonight. For my family is more important than my party.

There is but one man to whom I am willing to entrust their future and that man's name is George Bush.

In the summer of 1940, I was an 8-year-old boy living in a remote little Appalachian valley. Our country was not yet at war, but even we children knew that there were some crazy men across the ocean who would kill us if they could.

President Roosevelt, in his speech that summer, told America "all private plans, all private lives, have been in a sense repealed by an overriding public danger."

In 1940, Wendell Wilkie was the Republican nominee.

And there is no better example of someone repealing their "private plans" than this good man. He gave Roosevelt the critical support he needed for a peacetime draft, an unpopular idea at the time.

And he made it clear that he would rather lose the election than make national security a partisan campaign issue.

Shortly before Wilkie died, he told a friend, that if he could write his own epitaph and had to choose between "here lies a president" or "here lies one who contributed to saving freedom," he would prefer the latter.

Where are such statesmen today?

Where is the bipartisanship in this country when we need it most?

Now, while young Americans are dying in the sands of Iraq and the mountains of Afghanistan, our nation is being torn apart and made weaker because of the Democrat's manic obsession to bring down our Commander in Chief.

What has happened to the party I've spent my life working in?

I can remember when Democrats believed that it was the duty of America to fight for freedom over tyranny.

It was Democratic President Harry Truman who pushed the Red Army out of Iran, who came to the aid of Greece when Communists threatened to overthrow it, who stared down the Soviet blockade of West Berlin by flying in supplies and saving the city.

Time after time in our history, in the face of great danger, Democrats and Republicans worked together to ensure that freedom would not falter. But not today.

Motivated more by partisan politics than by national security, today's Democratic leaders see America as an occupier, not a liberator.

And nothing makes this Marine madder than someone calling American troops occupiers rather than liberators.

Tell that to the one-half of Europe that was freed because Franklin Roosevelt led an army of liberators, not occupiers.

Tell that to the lower half of the Korean Peninsula that is free because Dwight Eisenhower commanded an army of liberators, not occupiers.

Tell that to the half a billion men, women and children who are free today from the Baltics to the Crimea, from Poland to Siberia, because Ronald Reagan rebuilt a military of liberators, not occupiers.

Never in the history of the world has any soldier sacrificed more for the freedom and liberty of total strangers than the American soldier. And, our soldiers don't just give freedom abroad, they preserve it for us here at home.

For it has been said so truthfully that it is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the agitator, who has given us the freedom to protest.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, who gives that protester the freedom to abuse and burn that flag.

No one should dare to even think about being the Commander in Chief of this country if he doesn't believe with all his heart that our soldiers are liberators abroad and defenders of freedom at home.

But don't waste your breath telling that to the leaders of my party today. In their warped way of thinking America is the problem, not the solution.

They don't believe there is any real danger in the world except that which America brings upon itself through our clumsy and misguided foreign policy.

(cont.)

Creechuur

BackFire
"Zell". What a dumb name. He made some good points, but his name is Zell...therefore I can't take him seriously. That sounds like some wierd anime character or something.

Anyways, all these conventions are dumb, I could care less about them. The only good thing I've seen from either of them is Arnold calling people "economic girly men", that was great, just the kind of attitude you want a governor to have.

SlipknoT
It dosent matter what they say, George Bush isnt winning, end of story.

JediHDM
Slipknot> so sure of ourselves, are we?

As for the speech by Mr. Miller, i was enamored of this Democrat, (who, by the way, was also my governor) who shot down Kerry and the DNC. With Zell Miller and John McCain on our side, we should get at least a sizeable, but small, portion of the democratic votes. I loved his speech. Makes me proud to be a Bushican.

RaventheOnly
RNC just boosted Bush at least 8% on the demorats laughing out loud Kerry is toast.... laughing out loud before they went in Bush was leading 51 to 49 and now he's gotta be leading by way more. laughing out loud

Dude.... talk about rounding the issue and going after his name stick out tongue the guy just made everyone speechless laughing out loud

Linkalicious
That speech damn near brought tears to my eyes.

It is precisely the reason why I hate John Kerry with a passion, and I think all the people who would support him "just because he isn't Bush" are complete and utter morons.

I don't care what the few members on this site from Europe have to say about our elections, because it isn't their country. They can worry about their own namby pamby leader.

A terrorist attack on the US the scale of 9/11 while Kerry is in power would completely destroy our country...and we would be stuck lying around on our backs like a turtle.

Our economy was ready for a downturn regardless of who the president currently is. Anyone with any understanding of economics understands the economic cycle. Back in the early 1900s the United States would have 2 or 3 years of increased economy, followed by several (5-8) years of economic downfall. We had our years of increase, now it's time for the slight downfall.

The only good thing about the US economy is that the number of years that we've suffered for each downfall has steadily decreased since the 1930s.

RaventheOnly
Exactly thumbsup That is how the free market cycle works and everything is operating as it is suppose to.

not to mention our economy is growing even though a war is waging and we have been attacked on the scale never seen before. for all that is happening i am surprised we are actually recovering.

Linkalicious
I know Southern California contract companies made over 30 billion dollars from government defense contracts alone due to this war.

Of course, that's minor when you compare it to the amount he spent on the war, but that's money spent by the government within the country. Stuff like that is precisely why we have the world's largest gross domestic product.

RaventheOnly
yes war is actually good for our economy big grin because we are the worlds leader in arms sales stick out tongue followed by Russian yard sales big grin

South Cali was once the hub of aircraft manufacture sad

you know Zel MIller kept talking about how Kerry was "flip-flopping" and all that shit, well did you know in 2001 Zel Miller actually called kerry a good leader and praised him....and not to mention Zel Miller helped put all those "leaders of the democratic party" into office in the first place....talk about flip-flops.

RaventheOnly
no you do not understand that he actually endorsed Clinton in 1992 at the DNC convention but Clinton totally lied about his agenda... so did Kerry at the time. Miller has had the same philosophy for all of his career the Democrats changed not him.

Linkalicious
No i didn't know it, and I'd love to see an article or some reference as to when and where he made that remark about John Kerry.

Did you not just read what Kreechur wrote? YES, he is a Democrate, YES he helped put them where they are, and NOW he see's their "vision" of the future of America....and even the man that put those people there doesn't trust them....

Sounds like he's looking out for what's BEST for his family...

silver_tears
Interesting speech, now to just find out who actually wrote it roll eyes (sarcastic)

RaventheOnly
laughing out loud most politicians do not wite there own speeches these days stick out tongue

silver_tears
Well duh stick out tongue although I suppose compared to others it did sound impressive, although a bit cocky, the whole thing about American soldiers being the best stick out tongue

Any person who is willing to sacrifice themselves for the greater good is the best in my books, not just the Americans ninja

Linkalicious
I agree with you about that Silv, i think he just narrowed in on Americans because he was looking for that whole sentimental "American Unity" thing....

trav6612
yes they don't write their own but they have to approve of what was written in the speech. I thought it was amazing and I think he will help put Bush back in the office for another four years

i didn't read what creechur wrote, but i watched the speech last night (i've been watching all the speeches) and the democrats vision of america is one where we're not viewed as war-mongers and arrogant assholes around the world. A future where working people will actually get the help they need. A future where waging a war doesn't becomes the only issue dealt with by the government.
You know throughout this whole damn convention i've heard 1 major speaker talk about something other than the dam war. Give us a break already. Every two seconds all i hear is "war...freedom....leadership...resolve....bush....war....our childrens safety" and all this crap....first off it's interesting to see people living in the middle of nowhere land talkin about wanting to be safe when they're not the ones who are going to ever be attacked!....We're the ones who got attacked. WE suffered, WE are the ones who should be talking about safety. Not some republicans from texas, idaho, etc who've never even been to new york.
And second the republicans obviously have no other issues they wish to discuss or bring attention to because they know that in any other issue the democratics would rip them apart. It's all a damn campaign strategy to make Bush not seem like an idiot. If all Bush talks about in his speech tonight is the war and safety and freedom, i'm just gonna rip my hair out. A president is a president because he's supposed to serve all americans and all aspects of american life, not just be commander and chief of the military, people need to realize this.

RaventheOnly
yes

RaventheOnly
thats because the people in the middle of nowhere are not self centered. erm they are speaking we as in all Americans. They do not want to see their brothers hurt or killed.

What would they be ripped apart on? .... why don't the Demos talk about something otehr then Vietnam?.... i didn't hear anything about what they would do better at in thier whole convention....

silver_tears
I'm not american so I haven't been following said speeches, but I must agree, I think a president, prime minister, and type of leader should be able to deal with all aspects of life, war is of course a tradegy, but the right person for the job needs not only to be able to focus on the tradegy, but move on away from it, and do good for the country.

I think alot of political leaders are only seeing one thing nowadays, how could they profit from the war no expression Which is despicable, but I think that's what's going on, if their speeches focus around it so much erm

RaventheOnly
The US's saftey is really the only issue at hand that is different then anything we have ever faced. That is why it is focused on this election.... we have never really been attacked like how we were... it wass very personal. sad Our economy is important but everyone already knows what either party is going to do, try and make it better... that is default... but what are they going to do on this new threat? that is the question.

silver_tears
But it's not a new threat no war and defense has always been an issue, I mean of course people wanna hear their plans for it, but since we aren't even aware of like 95 percent of what goes on in the planning for the war and such, I say focusing on other aspects of the next four years is just as important, like education for one.

trav6612
you know that's funny you say that cause the fireman from new york happened to endorse bush? hmmmm. Aren't they the ones that were in ground zero fighting to save lives cause of this terrorist attack and yet they see bush as the one they want??? hmmmm.....

RaventheOnly
In our country we have actually created several new departments in our government and our police work different... our troops are operating different... we have soldiers in our streets in major cities.... its all VERY new for us because we have never had to figth on our own shores. sad many wars have been waged on your soil but there hasn't been one on ours for almost 150 years... sad

All the things you speak of are very important but this new thing is taking center stage right now.

yeah "self centred" good answer....ur callling new yorkers self centred. We're not selfish and it has nothing to do with being selfish, it has to do with the fact that people really think they're in danger...and that's what this administration has done to gather support, make it seem that we're in imminent danger and that bush is going to stop it....that's basically they're campaign strategy....and sadly apparently most american don't see through that....oh and it's not just the convention where the republicans always say the same thing "war...freedom....safety for future generations....we're a free country....blah bla blah" they have been doing this since 2000! They barely touch on other issues. In old debates from 2000 i remember Bush would always respond to a question by saying something like "well leadership is the key, a president needs to be strong and tackle the issue head on" or some shit like that....and ever since the attacks all he talks about is "freedom, and the freedom that americans have and need to preserve, and keeping us safe" ...i'm tired of it....

as for the democrats yes this campaign (mostly recently) they've focused a lot on vietnam and mostly because of the swift boat ads....but in generally whenever i see excepts of Kerry travelling the country and i hear parts of his speeches i hear him actually talking about a variety of issues and telling people what he actually wants to do about them....and we need more of that

silver_tears
The best way to prevent further war is to educate people on it erm

Personally I think that education and health care is just as important as the war effort, I mean say this issue is resolved in the next year or two, what would the parties focus on afterwards.

RaventheOnly
When you ask questions basing off the fact wondering why somewhere nowhere near you cares about you i take that as self centered.

Same thing about Bush... he speaks about all aspects of governmental order. erm so you tellin me talking about a 30 year old war is more relevant then the war at hand? no expression ok..............

actually that's only a small fraction of the firefighters in new york...and basically that small group of firefighters they're angry at Bloomberg because he's closed firehouses since 9/11 and they don't even represent the national firefighters union (which is voting from Kerry)

and obviously you fell into another one of the cheap republican campaign moves which is 'show firefighters from new york embrancing Bush, which would should that heros throughout new york support our president, so i should too"

well it's all a fake campaign ploy

RaventheOnly
But how do we educate people who hate us becasue we try to reason with them?

Education and healthcare are far more important but we already know the answers to the questions to be asked about that... its in the party platform of the party. smile

RaventheOnly
maybe you should try to see through your own parties ploys... erm

No they don't care about us, and they don't represent us at all...New Yorkers don't like Bush, they don't want Bush, they don't like the republicans party, they don't like how the republican party is trying to speak for us by talking about getting attacked over and over again...if they cared about us they would be lending support to a candidate who will help the poor, the working class, the people suffering from a bad-environment, etc...

RaventheOnly
So Kerry is the ONLY person who could possibly help the poor roll eyes (sarcastic) there are more people in the country other then New York and you.... YOU do not speak for all of New York.

actually i do, vietnam thing is a shitty ploy because that's not what will show the americans that kerry is fit to lead a war and is a strong character...i feel just as strongly about them not using that as i do about republicans not using the attacks and firefighters and police officers as a ploy...both parties do, but at least the democrats and rely on something other than vietnam in their campaign, the republicans completely rely on the war to get votes and keep support (and you know that's true)

Linkalicious
that's a pretty bold and generalized statement that you have absolutely NO right to make, and have absolutely no way of ever backing up...

RaventheOnly
how about the fact they don't really give a damn about you to begin with big grin they think that taxes will solve everything and that other countries will protect us laughing out loud the UN is 75% US funded mind you big grin

yeah i know they're more people in the country other than new york, and guess what kerr yspends most his time talking to people in other parts of the country and talks about how he's going to help them as well...and peopel seem to always forget about people who live in a large urban landscape, new york, chicago, LA, etc...it's about time the poor living in these areas got the attention they deserve..and believe me when i say i may not speak for all new yorkers but i've spoken to and seen a shitload and discussed issues and i bet youd be hard pressed to find a new yorker who has disagreed with anything i've said so far. In fact i'm more moderate than most in this city and they'd probably only help my points, and bring up even more.

RaventheOnly
Exactly big grin

Wtf? taxes will solve everything, they don't think that at all, and i don't know how u came to that conclusion....is it just because the democrats don't wanna have tax-cuts be the base of our economy...this is what tax-cuts are in a nutshell: 'throw money at the problem'/'give people some money back so hopefully they're go out and spend it to boost our economy'/'gives a shitload of money back to the rich, and barely anything noticable back to the poor and hopefully the rich might help out their fellow man and give some away'

RaventheOnly
You certainly don't sound like you know that. And i bet someone ou there likes him because they made it to New York and back.

oh he does huh? like how Bush has been every state, even starting in the one that hates him most... Massachutes? He speaks in forum halls in large and small cities towns everywhere... erm

go to New York, and proove me wrong.

Linkalicious
again, another claim you will never be able to prove or back up.

Who cares about New Yorkers? Who cares about Californians? All the candidates should care about is the American People.

You're willing to go so far as to say Kerry spends his time talking to people in other parts of the country.....and what exactly does Bush do when he travels the country? Bare in mind he is still currently running the country, while trying to achieve a re-election.

What are Kerry's plans to "fix" our economy? (which is fine right now)

What are his plans on fixing public education? (which is run by local state governments)

What does he plan to do about Health Care?

All I ever hear about John Kerry is how he would have handled 9/11 differently. Because hind sight is 20/20...woulda coulda shoulda. Aside from that I hear nothing but crap about him being a Nam vet, and about his history of voting against some of the most important military equipment in the world.

You think the war in Iraq is bad right now? Imagine if we didn't have the technology that we currently have. Imagine if John Kerry's votes were final and that what he said goes...America would be walked on.

RaventheOnly
If you haven't noticed .... Rich and middleclass own the companies that make jobs yes jobs make the economy better yes Taxes hamper companies yes How do the Democrats plan to solve the econonmic problems then? big grin are they going to magically created jobs? with more social programs that drain the coffers of our government further? big grin

i didn't say that Bush doesn't go to states to campaign and to talk to local residents....i brought up Kerry going to other states cause you said something like "the're are more people in the country other than new york" so i responded....anyway we can continue this later...i'm late for a meeting, peace

Linkalicious
see the way discussion work is....

You prove something right...

THEN, I prove you wrong. I can't prove something wrong that was never proved right in the first place...

RaventheOnly
Whelp a job well done Link thumbsup

Linkalicious
did you just call me a whelp??What the f**k?

laughing

RaventheOnly
no stick out tongue whelp as well ;p

Tex
I just have 2 words:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040902/capt.rncc12309020210.cvn_keynote_miller_rncc123.jpg
"HEIL HITLER"

Linkalicious
Mein Kampf was an interesting read....big grin

silver_tears
So I've heard laughing out loud

§nakehead
I no longer consider Zell a liberal Wennie anymore. He finally got some sense in his head that Bush is a good president and he will do better for America than Kerry. So many of the Democrats are voting for Kerry Just because they Dislike Bush. Yet another reason I am going to vote for Bush this year.

Tex
Bush is a fantastic president!

These past 4 years of unnecessary wars, recessions, job losses, incredible government bureaucracy growth, prison abuse scandals, Halliburton Iraq oil contract scandals, Bush's good friends at Enron scandals, refusals to follow the Geneva accords, conflicts with our greatest allies, attempts to change the constitution to refuse rights to a particular group of people, the rapidly increasing number of uninsured Americans, the number of Americans living in poverty has risen sharply, the education system is in shambles, social security has not even been addressed....have been really great!

4 More Years! yes

§nakehead
1# The war was to free the Iraqi people

2# Gay marriage is actually against the constitution so bush was following it well

lil bitchiness
General Discussion.

War was to free Iraqi people? wtf? Oh please, thats the most rediculous sentance i have read in a long time...

USA should sort out the problems in own country before it starts going arround policing the world!

§nakehead
Bush is just as mush of an honrable war time president as Abraham Lincoln and JFK

JKozzy
Bush belongs in an institution for illitericy and for stupidity. And who cares what the constitution says? That was more than two hundred years ago. Times have changed.

§nakehead
And the PC minded march on roll eyes (sarcastic)

lil bitchiness
Honorable? Are you for real?

Oh yeah, honorable president who lies his own people, who kills thosands of innocent Iraqi civilians for oli...wow, great president you have there.

§nakehead
Jkozzy post is hilarious big grin

Tex
No the war in Iraq was not to "free" the Iraqi people, it was to rid Saddam of his WMD.

Free the Iraq people was crap Bush made up after he couldn't find any WMDs.

Please show me where it says that in my constitution?
It doesn't.
That's why Dubya wants to add an outrageous hateful prejudiced amendment that will specifically spell that out.

You've obviously confused the US Constitution with your bible.
A mistake made my far too many people in this country. yes

lil bitchiness
Even so, no other country wanted to fight in Iraq, but USA did...to show the might that is America.

America is gonna crash and burn, all imperialistic empires do, and some other country will be leading in the world.

§nakehead
A majority of people are against gay marriage so it is not going to become a reality except for maybe massachusets witch according to the mad tv skit "The bay state the gay state"

WindDancer
Politics, politics and more politics. When we all going to learn that no matter who is in charged.....we (the citizens) get always screwed.

Linkalicious
unnecessary wars - how are they uncessary? Did we EVER get attacked a 2nd time?
recessions -e economic cycle suggests we were over due
job losses - and he is directly responsible how?
incredible government bureaucracy growth - Good old GWB!
prison abuse scandals - again...how does this involve Bush?
Haliburton Iraq oil contract scandals -what was scandelous about it?
Bush's good friends at Enron scandals - How does Bush have anything to do with what happened at Enron?
refusals to follow the Geneva accords - Where did he give the signed order to refuse such accords?
conflicts with our greatest allies - Explain how France and Germany have EVER been our greatest allies...
attempts to change the constitution to refuse rights to a particular group of people - he kept the constitution how it was...gays wanted it changed.
the rapidly increasing number of uninsured Americans - Insurance is not the governments business, it's the individuals.
the number of Americans living in poverty has risen sharply - so has the number of illegal immigrants
the education system is in shambles - when hasn't it been?
social security has not even been addressed - and what do you expect to happen? baby boomers are now retireing adults. More money is being taken out of SS than put in. SS WAS a great idea, but now it is obsolete...there's no way to continue SS with the growth of our nation

....have been really great!

Perhaps you would also like to blame Bush for the Lakers losing to the Pistons.

Or maybe he was behind SARS....

hell....why not Mad Cow Disease too while we're at it.

People need to take responsibility for themselves.

Bush isn't responsible for providing insurance benefits to the country. And he isn't the reason why people are unemployeed.

Laziness is the reason for that. Work can be found everywhere in America.

JKozzy
Woo hoo.... that... wasn't funny. Mad TV's laughs are becoming more and more scarce. An eleven year old could have (and probably did) think of that first. And, you can't spell.

§nakehead
Your correct about it all Link.

Tex
You obviously need to do alot of research! yes

JKozzy
yes

Kerry would destroy if elected sick I don't agree 100% with Bush, but do you ever agree 100% with anybody in your life? I'd rather him than Kerry.

Linkalicious
Sadam Hussein and his sons were a Weapon Of Mass Destruction. The 3 of them alone were responsible for the deaths of thousands upon thousands of Iraqi people. More so than any one nuclear bomb would have done in Iraq.

§nakehead
How dare mad tv insult the PC minded roll eyes (sarcastic) And Mad tv is the best comedy show on tv there the people that had the skit of the olson twins drinking vodka

§nakehead
The one person I agree with 100% is ARNOLD THE GOVORNATOR!

Tex
laughing out loud That is SO ridiculous!

This may come as a shock to you but Bush is responsible for the death of thousands upon thousands of Iraqi people too. yes

Saddam and his WMD sons were NOT a threat to America.
Bush went in there specifically to rid Saddam of REAL WMDs.

There were none.

Oh god, if titty grabbing Ahnold is your truth sayer, you're in trouble! wacko

§nakehead
Those thousands of Iraqis were all a bunch of terrorist and saddams goons

Tex
Many of them were, but thousands more were innocent Iraqi civilans caught in the crossfire.

§nakehead
While that true it is just a part of war. Its horribal but its just a fact of war

JKozzy
The PC minded? Personal computer? Or am I missing something from that? Either way, just stupid.

laughing out loud True messed

§nakehead
PC as in Poletically correct

JKozzy
Careful with those big words, you don't want to pass out wink

Tex
Exactly.

Because of such things war should be avoided at all costs.

Bush sure was right when he said Iraq was a "imminent threat" and went against the UN & our allies and invaded anyways.

All of the WMDs he found prove it! yes

4 more years! yes

lil bitchiness
Yeah, and now Americans hate French laughing out loud

French are cool love

Tex
Not all Americans hate the French.
Just the ones in the bible belt. cowboy

We should've listened to the French! thumb up

lil bitchiness
laughing out loud Feedom Fries laughing out loud

oh man, you people are hilarious with your laws and name changing.

Tex
Stupid is more like it.

RaventheOnly
laughing out loud have you read a history book stick out tongue

Abraham Lincoln Suspended the writ of habeas corpsus during the war... laughing out loud can you imagine the horror that would cause if implemented today?

JFK lied so much i'm amazed that he actually spoke any truth... he's the one who started the Vietnam incursion that Eisenhower was keeping under control. laughing out loud don't talk about lying .... laughing out loud

RaventheOnly
The French are probably the worst planners on earth laughing out loud they can't see two feet in front of their head thats why they were woopped by the germans twice in the same generation laughing out loud

RaventheOnly
Listened to the French and we would have let the Russian and Germans crush them ..... they are the ones who originally gave us the Vietnam war if you know a bit of history... laughing out loud

Creechuur
Wow, this thread certainly took off.

I have so many things to say right now, but I'll keep it short:

Non-US citizens, feel free to weigh in with your opinions, but realize we (Americans) could really care less what you have to say. You don't live here, youre biased from force-fed media hate (as well as hate from your inner politics against the US), and you have no clue what its like to be an American or you wouldn't spew such ridicuous comments.

Tex, you are in a class by yourself. You ignorant ****. big grin Tell me, why do gays have to base almost all of their political views on who they have sex with? Its like all you care about is who's pro-gay, like none of the other issues even matter. You guys crack me up!

I think Zell's a cool name...

RaventheOnly
I thinkyou need to reasearch before you speak of things that are basically the claims of the democratic platform without any answers to fixing the problems at hand stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
laughing out loud We are bias?? laughing out loud

I think you'll find its other way arround...its some you that believe all your leaders tell you, if you didnt, then you wouldnt spew such rediculous comments yourself.

Tex is a **** alright smokin' but he is not ignorant nono

RaventheOnly
eek! no ones readin my posts whistle i take it there isn't a proper response laughing out loud

silver_tears
I agree, Tex is far from ignorant no

silver_tears
That's ignorance there stick out tongue

Creechuur
I don't 'sprew' anything Lil, I don't even know what that word means...is it UK slang or something? evil face

Tex's ignorance is questionable, but either way it wasn't personal, just one of my favorite oldschool SNL quips.

lil bitchiness
I fixed it, for your viewing pleaseure.

RaventheOnly
Call it whatever you like stick out tongue it happened stick out tongue

silver_tears
What has the gay comment to do with anything let me ask you? confused

silver_tears
I meant the wooping part roll eyes (sarcastic) contrary to American belief you guys are not the devine saviours of the human race.....

Get over yourselves already....

RaventheOnly
I know we aren't stick out tongue if the world really put its head together we would be crushed big grin but the fact of the matter is is that poor planning and strategy coupled with naivete lost them everything. And thier arrogance cost them thier empire eventually and colonial holdings. happy which we foolishly tried to clean up happy

silver_tears
Alot of things played into those events stick out tongue

RaventheOnly
Then they made a lot of mistakes stick out tongue

silver_tears
Everyone makes mistakes, personally I like the french happy

Tex
Dont you just love that Pro-Bush fanatics just love bringing up Vietnam!

So let me get this straight...We shouldn't have listened to the French about WMD in Iraq because of their involvement in VIETNAM?

That's SO preposterous!

The first problem at hand, that requires immediate fixing is......did you guess?..........Dubya! stick out tongue

Bush had 4 years.
He's done nothing but focus on Iraq.

Ignorant is ignoring the French's advice on Iraq because of Vietnam.

Ah hell, what do I know?
I'm just a street ****! winkiss

The closed minded, naive and politically conservative are my best customers! laughing out loud

RaventheOnly
laughing out loud you do realize the reason we fought the Vietnam war was because the French asked for our help right? laughing out loud my point has nothing to do with Iraq.... I am saying a lot of bad stuff happened when we listened to the French....hmmmmmm Two World wars.... and our own little fun fair happy

Tell mewhat happens after you get rid of Dubya? big grin

silver_tears
You tell them sister diva

silver_tears
I'm sorry but are you blaiming the world wars on FRANCE? no expression

Tex
dance

RaventheOnly
My mind is as open as they come happy maybe you should empty yourself of hate and arrogance and your own closeminded beliefs big grin

Tex
I dont practice the bible.

RaventheOnly
no our own involvment stemmed from tension due to the German and French tensions smile WW2 was casued by strict sanction backed by France big grin

lil bitchiness
What? huh I dont get that...bad stuff happened with you listened to the French..two world wars?

that makes no sense.

lil bitchiness
I dont know whether to laugh or cry at that comment. no expression

silver_tears
Are you forgetting the British, WWI was about tension between Britain and Germany, the french were involved through being allies with the British no expression

All countries were responsible, and I dont see how you can justify that the French were more repsonsible than anyone else.

The Americans just decided to wait to help till it proved to be an advantage to them.

Tex
cowboy Bible Belt Billy Says: "Them Frenchies are fancy terrorists"

lil bitchiness
World War one was caused by many things roll eyes (sarcastic) Lets have a list, shall we:

-Arm race between countries

-Schlliefen Paln, Keiser Wilhelm was planning

-Assassionation of Franz Ferdinad

America joined the war in 1917, the war ended in 1918...oh yeah...great! Thank you America pray

RaventheOnly
erm neither of you understand that the ancient grudge between Germany and France stemmed the fiasco in the first place and the arrogance of either party inflamed and spead it out into war. The allies pinning of German caused increased tension amongst the Germans which allowed the Facists to take power, the basic crucifixion of the german state was spearheaded by bitterness of France.

silver_tears
That is beyond arrogant roll eyes (sarcastic)
And I feel insulted for the french people who live in Canada sneaky2

What ancient grudge, do tell?
And you are exagerating, France and Germany's conflict is not what started the wars, not the first not the second.

lil bitchiness
Do, read my post above. Please...

Im sorry RTO, but thats not the reason for the war. It just isnt.

Keiser Wilhelm I was going to go to war reguardless of anything. Franz Ferdinand was assainated and Hungarians attacked Serbia which brought Russia into the war against Hungary who was allied with Germany....bam, world war I.

RaventheOnly
stick out tongue i never said we won the war stick out tongue we financed it so the allies could wage it big grin we supplied them with thier ammo smile our troops in the end stopped the eastern German reserves from overrunning the allies smile

Dr. Strangelove
All I'm going to say is that it seems politics can turn usually nice people in my eyes into ignorant rush limbaugh conservative hicks.

RaventheOnly
:yes you are very correct big grin i posted at the same time big grin everyone was itching to go to war big grin

RaventheOnly
ummm Tex do you have actual points to make confused all i get is you sem to hate texas and and any bible toting person blink

RaventheOnly
I live in Cali and i'm neither a hick nor do i listen to Limaugh blink i know my history and i know a bit of politics blink and i know what i hear ....

Julie
I believe many in my school may go with Kerry b/c he's not Bush....but my vote's with the President. I'm sure he's made mistakes, but we can't afford any sort of wishy-washiness. Personally, I loved that speech, it was heartfelt....

politics...nasty business....I could never be a politician, but I will do what I can for my country. If that doesn't take me to the sands of Iraq or some foreign nation, in order to defend this Freedom I love, well, it can certainly bring me to my knees in heart praying for the people to open their eyes. God will protect this country, no one else.

Tex
God will protect America like he protected his son.

I've made tons of points!

I love Texas....I just wish it didn't have so many bible toting hicks. laughing out loud

Julie
"God will protect America like he protected his son."

Perhaps....but that sacrifice was necessary.....
it's a part of life Are you ready to die, tex? in this day and age you never know when....so be prepared, as the boy scouts say
BTW, how are you tex?
Who do you consider Bible toting hicks?.....

Tex
I'm good, thanks for asking! smile

I dont think anyone my age is ready to die, but I'm not scared of dying if that is what you're referring too.

What comes after death? I dont know.

Bible toting hicks: Those people holier than thou who go to church on Sunday, gay bash on Monday have abortions on Tuesday, cheat on Wednesday, steal on Thursday, lie on Friday, invade Iraq on Saturday.

There are millions of nice good Christian people.
I wish them all well.

But I believe that their religion and beliefs are holding society back from achieving great things.

America has the greatest resources to achieve amazing feats in medicine. Christianity is really holding us back.
We dare not explore because it's "against god".

RaventheOnly
What points? i refuted them through words and you ignored them.... blink all you have are half-hearted attempted witty remarks blink

Tex
My points go back 6 pages.

You want to know what will happen once Bush gets kicked out and Kerry enters into office?

Well get it straight from the horses mouth babe!
www.johnkerry.com
winkiss

You just like to argue with me!
Cuz I turn you on! smokin'

Resistance is futile! borg

RaventheOnly
What a nice hateful statement happy

Religion if you haven't notice is the only thing holding the hate back from ripping everything in the world we hate apart. erm

oh thats like arguing that nukes were a good idea eek! why not see if we can build something that can kill a whole lot of people better happy its the next level in warfare happy Why not see if we can mechanize and compact the flint lock and make machine guns happy your right Tex so many great things have come with muddling in things not ment to be muddled in... happy ... i'll thank you so much when stem cells create the next generation of biological weapons happy

RaventheOnly
laughing out loud maybe it turns you on too much stick out tongue laughing out loud

I see right threw the gay act dude laughing out loud

RaventheOnly
not listening to a certain group because they gave us bad advice before... no expression that is not a point... that is just plain stupid. What advice did the French give us that we should have listen to.... wait till our next 15 sets of sanctions are ignored and twiddle our thumbs... oh but Clinton can launch cruise missle strikes and no body complains eek!

lil bitchiness
Oh no...dont turn this into another religious threads cry

Argh, religion!! *gauges eye out with a fork* cursing

RaventheOnly
Ask your buddy to stop bashing those with beliefs then erm

WindDancer
I wouldn't called a grudge in that perspective RTO. Yes, they had quite a few wars among themselves mostly for territorial disputes, and other causes that they had back then. As a matter of fact The British and the French had a 100 year war and then a 80 or 60 something war. That's quite a long time for war if you ask me.

But anyways, I don't think ppl should believe in that American-French rivalry. I don't think it exists. It is only spreaded by ppl that are completly clueless about real events. I always hear things like "Americans are religious fanatics" or "The French can't fight in a war" and other silly statements made by ppl out there. We are one race.....and that is the human race.

The best bet is stay neutral when encoutering idiots out there that believe in that mumbo jumbo of nations rivalries. Is pointless and no one will accept facts or truths. Yes! people are biased as long as they feel their opinion is the right one, there will never be agreements. That's how I see things in life.

Tex
The practicer's of said religion are responsible for 98% of that hate.

So dubya severely limited funding for stem cell research because he's afraid the knowledge will be used to build biological weapons? laughing out loud

True they will probably be used as weapons but if you think about it, anything can be turned into a weapon.

Tell my grandma with Alzheimers that her grandchildren will probably suffer the same fate as she because stem cell research must be prevented in order to prevent new biological weapons.

Ummm I dont know maybe like NOT GOING INTO IRAQ because there are NO weapons of mass destruction there.

Yes, we should've twiddled our thumbs. What was the rush?
Hello! No WMD!
How many soldiers have lost their lives because Dubya didn't twiddle his thumbs?

You obviously have a deep seated hate for the French!

That is because Clinton bombed missel barracks in the no fly zone!
HE DID NOT INVADE AN ENTIRE COUNTRY!!!!

wacko

lil bitchiness
Tex isnt bashing anyone, only giving an opinion.

RaventheOnly
very true yes
i ment more along the lines of because they share the same border there is a lot of conflict smile Britian and France's 100 years war was over the fact that either power literal conquered each othe at least once big grin thus resulting in Anglo Saxons and Normans big grin

Tex
yes

God bless you lil! http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/legionxs/crucified.gif

bardock
zell challenged chris matthews to a duel hahahaha. what thef*ck is that
btw bush is still behind two points.

lil bitchiness
Hah, that Jesus smilie is hilarious! laughing out loud

RaventheOnly
Stem cell researchers say it might.... might be able to find a possible solution to alzheimers.... but of course countless potential children will be slaughtered and some wacko scientist will create clones in the process and pet abominations will be raised so you can harvest human parts happy

hello 15 sets of UN sanctions and Intel of coutless countries along with Saddam himself said otherwise erm i bet anything they smuggled the WMDs into neighboring Jordan and Iran happy Where did the scud launchers they fired at us in the beginning of this conflict go may i ask? big grin those were classified as WMDs and he wasn't suppose to have thsoe either happy

No.... he attacked targets and installations in the middle of Bagdad happy he also ordered airstrikes because various SAM site were painting and preparing to fire onto our aircraft... showing the highest level of hostility to a pilot one can happy

Tex
For your eyes only:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2329249#post2329249

RaventheOnly
well that opinion was very personal happy calling a whole group, which i mind you do not even fit, jaded stereotypes because he has little to no imagination to come up with his own. happy

RaventheOnly
laughing out loud in which poll you lookin at last one i saw one that particular show mind you said 51 49 happy

Tex
We should harvest human parts! yes

Clone headless humans and use them as organ farms! yes

-----------
Jordan and Iran!?!

Now you're in la la land.
Just face the fact that there were no WMD.
The war was a mistake and Bush is an idiot.

It's OK.

Tex
Hey, I have a great imagination.

It may not be as fantastically creative as the bible writers but it's still pretty good! thumb up

Darth Revan
*gasps from crowd* ooOOoohh buuurrrnnn!!!!!!!! evil face stick out tongue

bardock
the iraqi people are so much safer now. i mean the random attack of terror in the streets.the mosque takeovers.carbombings of churches. kidnapping of americans and are allies(civilians btw).the so much safer. at least when the huss was is power they could tell where the threat was coming from.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>