John Carpenter's Escape from L.A.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§nakehead
Have you seen this movie? I think it an awsome movie it reminds me of "Mad Max" I was a little disappointed at the ending but it was still good.

ragesRemorse
I liked the pace of the movie and seeing snake on scren again, but this was the only good thing about the movie. To over the top,and poor action.I actually liked the ending, it was one of the few scenes i did like. Doesnt compare to New York.

Linkalicious
I think this movie was a complete and utter waste of film. I was horrified the first time I watched this film....The acting was pretty crappy, the premise was terrible, and the action....was crap.

Come'on now...Surfing on the 405 freeway? Gladiator death games at the collesium was kinda cool. But the whole story was crap...

SaTsuJiN
ugh... It cant touch escape from new york

§nakehead
Yeah the snake movies are some of my faviourite movies ever

WindDancer
A total disappointment. Snake was lame on this one. Some scenes (like the surfing part) were dull. Even worse the basketball scene seen straight out of Michael Jordan commercial. Watch it only if you're a fan of the original if not don't waste your time. I highly recomend the orginal over the sequel. thumb down

roundisfunny
I think they just took it out of the oven a few years too early, like the "Blues Brothers" sequel and countless others.

dean7879
great idea but could of been much better with a bigger budger

ragesRemorse
I think what this one lacked was writing. The movie diddnt take itself seriously which is good, but it diddnt even seem like the movie tried at all.

roundisfunny
I also didn't care for the overuse of CGI. Even for 1996, it was too much. A bunch of us saw it at the theater, and the film kept breaking. Since we all were being let down by the film itself anyway, the whole place eventually broke down into anarchy. Everyone was shouting at the screen and making fun of the movie. It was like RHPS or MST3K; a pretty fun evening for being such a substandard film.

<<Solo>>
Agreed. Some of the writing you can tell blew bad. And the cgi was also horrible.

ragesRemorse
Aww my God. The CGI were shitty even for 96. Yeah, the surfing scene was horrid looking, but the scnes that were even more terribly fake looking was the scene when they were hangliding into battle. aww,my God that was awful.

<<Solo>>
That's exactly what I was visioning, that idiotic hangliding scene with Buscemi.

roundisfunny
When we saw them zooming in on hang gliders, we all said "Ah-EEE-ahhh", mimicking the battle cry the Ewoks made when they attacked the stormtroopers with their makeshift gliders.

ragesRemorse
who knew them Ewoks could be movie critics.

Mighty Yoda
escape from L.A is a classic film. I just need escape from New York

KidRock
the movie was great!

ragesRemorse
ahh yeah it is defenantly a great B movie, or a good ol classic cheese film to watch with some friends. I think escape from L.A was more like big trouble in little China than a sequal to new york. However, when you got kurt russel, and this was back when carpenter was in posistion of getting a decent budget behind his name, there should have been more than just corny ass cheese. I dont care how good you are at making Good B movies, One every ounce in a while is cool, thats nice to say that your not taking yourself to seriously, but i prefer a decent Great movie over a master B flick anyday. And carpenter has been producing only B flicks anymore, why cant he make any more good new movies,instead of killing great classics, with shitty sequals? .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.