Kryptonite

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Samurai Guy
We all know the adverse effect Krpytonite has on Superman. It strips him of all of his power and incapacitates him, making him vulnerable.

And we should all know what the Red Kryptonite does to him as well; clearing away his inhabitions and cares.

Discuss this dangerous stuff here.

Paola
I love the effect of the red one on Clark naughty

Samurai Guy
You mean this effect?

Would/Does Red Kryptonite effect humans?

Paola
eek! drool evil Clark for me!!! big grin

Samurai Guy
FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SEEN SEASON 2 I love when Pete and Chloe are stung and have that parasite in them and Pete slips Clark the Red Kryptonite

That was a great episode.

BloomBabyGirl
yup yup great episode. i like bad clark( or Kal El ) hes so much sexier when hes bad.

Samurai Guy
Yeah! Go bad-ass Kal-El!

Shadow_King
ok thats cool but is their some kind of black kryptonite which makes him 10x stronger than he usually would be. and plus if he is from kryptonia and his planet is made of kryptonite than how come he's weak against it.

Samurai Guy
You mean Krypton, not Kryptonia.

Anyways, there are many different variations of Kryptonite. There is a rainbow one, but that is only available in the Bizarro world.

Kryptonite is the result of his dying planet. Dont you think that if the Earth blew up there would be a little change to some of our fragments that get left behind?

Some say that the green Kryptonite is Kryptons way of finishing what it started.

Paola
I have a question: in Smallville's first eps.... kryptonite was called "meteor" right? well, in further eps they started calling it "kryptonite"...... when did they found out its true name? confused

Shadow_King
well clark named it kryptonite. when clark was told by somone (forgot name) he was from krypton then clark named them kryptonite.

Samurai Guy
It was Christopher Reeve's character.... um.... Dr. Virgil Swan.

He told him.

Paola
OMG!! eek! which ep, name & season please, does that happen?

Shadow_King
i knew it was dr.swan. i heard that Christopher revee moved his finger or something.

Samurai Guy
Episode 2-17: Rosetta

Season 2

Shadow_King
are you sure its called rosettta????

Samurai Guy
Click Here

Positive

Shadow_King
ok. if your positive.

Samurai Guy
big grin

Shadow_King
well mister smart smallville guy what was episode 10 called in season 1.

Samurai Guy
Can you give me a summary?

Paola
THANX CYCLOPS!!!!! eek! winkiss

Samurai Guy
Anytime, sugar.

Shadow_King
no i can not. so do you know.

Samurai Guy
Shimmer? The one with Invisible boy?

Shadow_King
i dunno i will check it later.

Samurai Guy
I am probably wrong

typeroberts
Hey all, After watching tonights season 4 premiere...I have a few questions for those that might know. Martha uses black kryptonite on Kal-el to turn him back into clark...does anyone know what the effect of black kryptonite really does to clark? I know what green/red does...I didnt know there was a black though...

Shadow_King
you could have posted this in the kryptonite thread. yea i didnt know either that is weird.

Azure_Skyy
Um.. let me just point out that there exist SIX different kinds of kryptonite in all.
Green- Deadly to Superman
Red- Affects Superman's emotions
Blue- Deadly to Bizzaros
Gold- Drains ALL of Superman's powers
White- Kills ALL plant life. {Plant, not planet, you guys :P}

And the sixth "Special" Kryptonite.
As only ONE Kryptonite rock of this kind ever existed.
{Atleast, if you follow the original story}
It is known as: "Jewel Kryptonite"- Which seems to have NO ill effects on Superman, whatsoever!!! He is immune to this particular type of Kryptonite!

PS>> Shadow_King:
1. Superman is "weak" against kryptonite, because when Krypton exploded, the blast supercharged the atomic molecules of the Kryptonian rocks. Basically, they are radioactive to Kryptonian life forms. {With the exception to the Blue, White, and special Jewel forms of kryptonite, as they might still be radioactive towards Superman, they seem to not have any negative effects on him.}
2. Btw, Episode 10 in Season 1 was called: Shimmer
{The one where the invisible boy stalks lex.}

Okay time for end rant:
</rant>

Azure_Skyy
Hmm... for some wierd reason, my signature won't work.

><

~~Azure_Skyy

TheFilmProphet
Did you really need to post that? wink

Azure_Skyy
Sorry, about that, just now seemed to have gotten it to work.

Btw, The start to the new season wasn't that bad. Er... atleast in MY opinion...

"Who know... I *COULD* be wrong..." ~~Azure_Skyy

TheFilmProphet
Its fine.

Samurai Guy
If you read the Kryptonite thread... there is TONNES of Kryptonite out there. Even a multi-coloured one.

Samurai Guy
Anyways... there are more kinds of Kryptonite... as was seen in Episode 4-1; Crusade.

Shadow_King
but whats it power???

Azure_Skyy
There is NO "multi-colored" kryptonite. Atleast, not in the original story.
And it's not likely that they will ever have it in smallville, anyways.
For details on that, read the spoiler.
(It will spoil alot of stuff about smallville and superman, though.)

First off:
The "multi-colored" kryptonite that you refer to, is actually posted IN the "kryptonite" forums. I posted it the other day, if you guys would care to read entire posts. It is not called "multi-colored" or "rainbow" kryptonite (As some people call it.) It is simply "Jewel Kryptonite".
Next:
The powers of Jewel Kryptonite:
1. Has no ill-effects on superman.
2. The Jewel Kryptonite gives the criminals of the "Bottle" the power to expand their telepathic powers. They use their powers to cause combustible objects arround superman to explode. However, superman realizes what's happining, and throws the Jewel Kryptonite rock into space.
3. That is the only mention of Jewel Kryptonite ever.
4. Staying true to superman's story. They won't have Jewel Kryptonite on Smallville... sorry to bust the bubble folks, but someone has to do that. The reast they won't have it is that it is "created" long after superman finds his "Fortress of Solitude".

Superman takes a criminal from the "Bottle" into the past to look for a cure to a disease on krypton {Before krypton exploded, obviously.} The criminal slips superman a sleeping agent, and while superman is asleep, he finds a chunk of krypton that will eventually end up on earth {In the Fortess of Solitude} The criminal changes the atomic structure of that rock, and it later becomes "Jewel Kryptonite".
Time to end the rant: (/rant)

BloomBabyGirl
soo...what does black kryptonite do?

BloomBabyGirl
...what does the black kryptonite do? split your good/bad side?

Azure_Skyy
I've never heard of black kryptonite before the 4th season.
So I really can't say. :-/
Does anybody else know???

I'm ending this rant for now:
(/rant)

Azure_Skyy
I have no idea what black kryptonite does.
Never heard of it before the fourth season.
Anybody else know anything about it???

BloomBabyGirl
my god. u'd think theyd tell yha but nooooo

Darkseid_Anjel
Here's all the info I know and you could possibly need on Kryptonite.
GREEN-Lethal to all real Kryptonians. Can be deadly to other races cause it has been known to cause cancer due to radiation.
RED-Random, odd effects. Causes a Kryptonian to change themselves, normally mentally. Effects last 1 to 2 days, then that Kryptonian is immune to that specific chunk of Red K.
ANTI-KRYPTONITE-Created during the Pre-Post Crisis DC era. Used to explain why the non-powered Argo City can be hurt by Green K. (If you do not folow Pre-Post Crisis, it's too difficult to explain now. Also hurts beings like Superdog.)
X-KRYPTONITE-Created by Supergirl...only one chunk exists. She was trying to find a cure for Green K. It seems to only effect Terran pets--aka-Streaky the Cat-Supergirl's pet cat.
BLUE-Lethal to Bizarros, but can speed up the healing process when Superman's been damaged by Green K. Created by Professor Potter's duplicator ray...the same that created Bizarros.
GOLD-Removes any Kryptonians powers PERMANENTLY.
WHITE-Kills any plant life from any planet when brought in a 25-yard radius.
JEWEL-Remnants of Kryptons Jewel Mountains. Lets prisoners in Phantom Zones cast illusions and create explosions in the outside world.
BLACK-From what I know, it can split any alien race into their Bizzaro half and control it. But I'm flying blind on that one.
RAINBOW-Only found in the Pocket Universe and effects only Pocket Universe Kryptonians.

There were also Two FAKES-
SILVER-Created by Jimmy Olson for Superman's 25th anniversary on landing on Earth.
YELLOW-Created by Lex Luthor to control what he thought was Superman but turned out to be a Superman robot.

AND FINALLY--Mr. Mxyzptlk created what he called "Krimson Kryptonite" that took away Superman's powers for a short time. Want to know about all the Sun's and their affects?

Samurai Guy
Thank you for that very indepth insight to Kryptonite!

shaber
Imagine how frustrating it would be to be subjected to gold kryptonite!

BloomBabyGirl
pray thanx u thank u

Samurai Guy
Indeed. It would be like a sliver that you cannot get out. Drive you mad.

ilvorlandobloom
i was wondering too.....cuz Martha put it up to Kal-el's chest and it made him kinda split into two, Kal-el and Clark, so maybe..... it only affects Kal-el, but not Clark... because Clark used the black krytonite to beat Kal-el...............hmm........so maybe it weakens kalel but makes Clark stronger?? i have NO CLUE.... but maybe thats it

KrYpS
Hmm....u know back on Krypton (a few cartoon episodes depicted life) showed that they had NO powers on the planet. And that the only way they received powers, was their heritage mixed with Earth's Sunlight. So maybe back on Krypton, they werent affected, because they didnt exactly have powers. Or maybe the sunlight affected meteor rocks as well.

are you sure gold kryptonite is permanent? because i don't recall ever seeing this...and if it DID happen, who did they use it on? because it cant be clark or super-girl...we know they continually have powers.
If they didnt even use it....how do you know it drains powers?

lil bitchiness
Merging.

Also, please see the note at the top of the page and use the search function before opening a thread...its just easier that way. happy

Smallville
But then there is no need for a moderator as sexy as you to come to the Smallville forum. stick out tongue

sarcastic
Originally posted by KrYpS
Hmm....u know back on Krypton (a few cartoon episodes depicted life) showed that they had NO powers on the planet. And that the only way they received powers, was their heritage mixed with Earth's Sunlight. So maybe back on Krypton, they werent affected, because they didnt exactly have powers. Or maybe the sunlight affected meteor rocks as well.

are you sure gold kryptonite is permanent? because i don't recall ever seeing this...and if it DID happen, who did they use it on? because it cant be clark or super-girl...we know they continually have powers.
If they didnt even use it....how do you know it drains powers? in one of the comics i forgot which one a kryptonian is swimming under water and encounters gold k he loses his powers and drowns i forgot the name sorry

Green Mjolnir
Many people are saying that kryptonite was produced when Krypton was destroyed. Technically saying thats not possible, because A) in season 4 when lex and jason go to shanghai to find the third stone and clark and lana go after them in the temple area when clark finds that actually statue with the original drawing of the location of the third stone. as soon as he gets close to the statue it emits kriptonite rays. meaning that kryptonite existed before Kryptons desturction. and secondly clark was sent to earth months before the destruction of krypton (if u follow the original story) so its not possible for rocks that formed after kryptons destructiom could go along with him.

Azure_Skyy
Originally posted by Green Mjolnir
Many people are saying that kryptonite was produced when Krypton was destroyed. Technically saying thats not possible, because A) in season 4 when lex and jason go to shanghai to find the third stone and clark and lana go after them in the temple area when clark finds that actually statue with the original drawing of the location of the third stone. as soon as he gets close to the statue it emits kriptonite rays. meaning that kryptonite existed before Kryptons desturction. and secondly clark was sent to earth months before the destruction of krypton (if u follow the original story) so its not possible for rocks that formed after kryptons destructiom could go along with him.

Actually, superman wasn't sent from krypton "months" before it exploded, it was hours, maby a day or so.
Think about it. If he was sent 'months' before kryptonite exploded, you would think that some other kryptonians would have the common sense to get the heck off of the planet. And wouldn't superman's parents try to get off the planet as well? They would have enough time, if it actually had been months before kryptonite exploded..

But to answer your question:
"Kryptonite was drawn to Earth in the wake of the space-warp drive created by Jor-El for baby Kal-El's rocket (Action #500)."
It was posted in the FAQ noted below.

I would just like to end all this for once:
Gold is a permie (permantent) for ALL kryptonians.
It also has a 2 foot radius.

http://theages.superman.ws/images/handbook.jpg
For more information:
http://superman.ws/articles/space-colors/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.