The Tavern Fight Pit and Dojo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trickster
Okay, due to the combatative nature of some of the characters in the forum... Pretty much all of them, I've decided to make a thread dedicated to your fights, and duels, instead of having them in the Tavern. I will explain the combat system used in the dojo below the description.

Walking out through one of the doors in the wall of the Tavern, a traveller finds themself in a courtyard, or so it appears. The walls are high enough to stop anyone climbing over them, and the impression is given that if it was tried, there is something more than just the wall there. Oriental style streams and bridges form into a circular pool dead centre in the middle of the garden, and a small house is on the other side of the pool.

In the house is a set of stairs which lead downward, to a large room beneath the pool. It is a large square, and in the centre is what appears to be a column of water. Around the water, there are white mats, and on the walls, which are also white, are weapons of every type(no guns). On further inspection the column reveals itself to be simple a thin wall, which is easily disrupted by anything put though it. Inside is a pit, surrounded by a small trench of water. It's easy enough to get in and out of the pit, and although there are no weapons in there, it is assumed any needed will be taken from the dojo part of the building.

Captain REX
(Very cool, Trickster...)

Galder makes his way to the underground, cavernous area, followed by Rianna.

"Intresting place..."

ssj4goku
I cant wait to have my first fight. but who eill be the referee and what so that means that there is a masamune there and kendo sticks how about sabers and stuff of that nature

Silver Stardust
"Very..."

Captain REX
"Well, how about we get things started..." Galder flips out his two lightsabers, spinning them around."

ssj4goku
Finds my self in the dojo area staring in amazement at all of the weapons then looks at my hand evil face laughing ha ha ha good thing no one knows of my capsule that contains my own created weapon

Silver Stardust
"You're on, Galder..." Rianna replies, igniting her two lightsabers.

Captain REX
Galder grins smugly, then comes at Rianna with a quick series of blows.

ssj4goku
Ha ha ha ha your both on throws capsule down on the ground and calls out Archangle come forth as i speak those words my gundam comes out of a cloud of smoke. as i step in it i light up my heat saber all right grabs what i needed out of the gundam and jumps out after i lock the two targets into the auto attack mode. lights up my lightsaber staff the same one that darth maul had only revamped to use shadow light

bobcrickett
Voodoo walks into the dojo, wearing a trench coat and dark red leather.

She grabs a pair of nunchaku from the dojo and spins them around idly.

ssj4goku
Jumps into the air comming down in between them both twirlling my saber staff in perfect unison hitting each of their light sabers in perfect succession

ssj4goku
as i stand i twirl my saber staff until it rests against my back holding out one hand towards them both and calling them to come get sum

Silver Stardust
Rianna grins, ducking under Galder's strikes and then just as quickly slashing at him.

ssj4goku
begins fighting stance. Getting in the tiger stance i begin to make my way towards BC well you want sum revamps my saber staff to turn it into a bladed bow staff to make it a fair fight

ssj4goku
Hmmmm stands up Where did every one go

Trickster
The Rules

These rules are probably known elsewhere under a different name, as I learnt them somewhere else, but forgot the name. Undoubtedly there will be some changes since I have found other versions, but these will be small.

An entire combat sequence will take a designated number of posts, represented as ?/?/?. The three posts are each a different part of the combat;
The first section is the introduction post or posts. Usually these posts are simply posing, descriptions of characters, descriptions of weapons, etc. Usually this will only be one post, but sometimes more.
The second section is the bulk of the combat, the actual fighting, until the put down. Usually this section is the largest in the combat(though not always), consisting of, in a short fight, maybe only two posts.
The third, and final section, is the kill post, or put down. This is the only section in the sequence where any godmodding is allowed. Each player writes how they win the combat, and this is usually what is the deciding feature in a fight.

The winner of a fight is decided by judges(in this case from The Tavern, or anyone who joins in). The decision should be based on the style and proficiency of the writer. Also it should be partly judged on sportsmanship - for instance if someone continously swears or refuses to allow themselves to be hurt, that person should not win on style - unless their opponent is also doing that, or is using stupid attacks. One rule is that any god-modders automatically lose a fight, unless players agree beforehand that it's okay(boring, though).

So players should agree in the Tavern what sort of fight it's to be, by numbers. A small fight would be 1/2/1. I'll do an example below.

The two players, James and Simon, are facing each other in the pit. They start with their first post, the intro post. Simon is in italics.

James stood in the En Garde post, his eyes firmly locked on Simon, broadsword in hand
"Come on, brother. We meet finally, face to face."

Simon smiled back at him, his rapier held loosely by his side,
"Think you've got what it takes? Why don't you come for me, then?"

Main combat posts

Snarling, James lunged at Simon, trying to rivet the point of his blade firmly in his brother's heart.

Surprised by the ferocity of the attack, Simon fell back, almost being skewered by the broadsword as he dodged. His own weapon slashed upward, in a slash at the exposed underside of James' arm.

The blade cut up in a long line through James' tunic, and he whipped his arm back in pain as the blood blossomed along his tunic. Giving up any element of honour, he hurled his blade at Simon, then threw himself into a rough tackle, trying to take his opponent down.

Just suceeding in stopping the broadsword from hitting him, Simon's world suddenly collapsed as he fell to the ground in a jumble of limbs. As he fell, his head hit of the surface of the pit floor, and his vision began swimming. He managed to throw a punch at the side of James' head, though.

Put Down

James rolled off Simon, his last punch having disconcerted him somewhat. He aimed a vicous kick to his brother's head, and then, seeing he was unconcious, dragged him to the trench, where he rolled him in.

Simon, after a brief struggle, managed to throw off his brother, rolling on top of him, then started raining punches on his head. The older brother put up his hands in defence, but Simon easily beat the pitiful strength out of him, and scrabbling over to his sword, demanded a surrender. James put up his hands, and the fight was over.

Okay, that's an example with no clear winner, but that's only because I was writing against myself. The reason it was quite vicous was because it was a scene from a story I'm writing... wink

Any questions, please ask!

Trickster
Goku, issue a challenge in The Tavern or something, don't interrupt other people's fights...

ssj4goku
i shall take on all challengers just pm me the time you wish to challenge

Trickster
As I said, the Tavern is the place for things like that...

Captain REX
Galder took a defensive stance and blocked. "You know I'm the better swordsman..."

<Tidus>
Vash was sitting in his own seat at the edge of the Pit " Comeone thats so unstylish I eman "You know im a better swordsman" thats so stupid couldnt you say like "PRepare for total elimination" or something" He said chuckling.

Silver Stardust
(Tidus, SHUT UP. We know how to RP, don't tell us how to do it.)

"You'd like to think so, wouldn't you." Rianna replies.

Trickster
Suddenly a hand struck Vash in the back of the head. Juno stood behind him, rapier in hand.
"If you are going to be a fool and interrupt them, why don't you prove your own worth." Juno pulled out a knife, and held it loosely in his off-hand.

(Since you keep bitching, lets see what you've got. 1/3/1?)

Tptmanno1
Naw, I was setting up for this fight in the Tavern, Let Burn take him.
I'll evenuse all kosher RP moves!

Trickster
Okay, you've got it.

Juno stopped his advance on the 'Stampede' when he saw Burn.
"He's all yours." Turning he went over to the wall and climbed up a beam to some clever seats. Along the edge of the roof a beam extended out, with cushions to make the seats comfier. He arranged some and settled down to watch the fight.

Tptmanno1
Hehe, this is gonna be fun.

Captain REX
(Enjoy...)

"Indeed I would." Galder jabs and thrusts repeated times, then goes into a spinning slash.

Silver Stardust
(Have fun...heh heh heh...)

"Well, I'm not about to just let you win, you know..." Rianna blocks as many as the blows as possible and flips in the air, slashing with both sabers at the same time.

Captain REX
Galder blocks with both sabers, pushing outwards to help Rianna drop her guard, then kicking outwards.

"Of course not, I hate it when things are too easy..."

<Tidus>
"Fools" Said Vash as he stode up took out his orange glasses and put them on. He put out his hand and took a pike with a metal handel and in the other hand he took a sharp razord sword. He did some carthweheels to Burn and said "Are you ready?" he also gave a clever smile.

Captain REX
(Dude, Burn challenged you to a shoot-off...)

Trickster
(And, a pike in one hand? What's with that? I'm afraid you have to at least attempt to be realistic, Tidus.)

Tptmanno1
Shoot off, meaning guns.
Like a dual at dawn kinda thing

Crimson
Walking in, her foot steps muffled against the floor boards of the tavern, she leaned against a near wall. Her hand flowing up to rest on the hilt of her blade. Stroking her fingers tips along the surface as she watched each style of combat, each direction a player seemed to take. All seeming a bit off she watched intently. A bit amused over all. Lifting a hand and curling her finger tips into the base of it, she pulled it a bit further over her eyes, masking her face away from anyone willing to look. Eyes falling on the many patrons that were also looking for a way to pass time.

(I think we should be able to do power plays as well. As in nothing dramatic to cause eternal damage to your enemy, but in other words just to fight it out. The winner would be declared on how well he or she is able to avoid a certain issure, or in turn deal with it. But that's just me. ^.^)

Trickster
(Power plays? You'll have to explain that, sorry. Oh, btw, not many patrons visit the dojo except for challenges, and to bet on commerical matches.)

Crimson
(Patrons is just a way of me to say people. ^.^ Sorry, that might of been a bit off. Um, I know, ex.!!!

BoB: Bog stepped forward, switching his stance to better fit his attack. Slowly then charging forward with his fist cocked up, ready for impact. A moment latter, slamming it forward with the might of every muscle. Watching it fit to the side of Joe's cheek.

Joe: Joe stumbled back, his head almost light do to the power played in the attack. His head a bit light, it wouldn't affect his position any less as he dropped. Taking his leg and sweaping it beneath Bob's legs, watching the charcter loose balance and fall to the ground.

Ok, mostly you can only do one attack per turn as to not overload your enemy. You are also not aloud to do fatel attacks. The judge of the brawl would most likely be you Trickster since you created the thread. You don't have to take every hit, but you can't dodge everyone either. Mostly its about being fair and being two good sports. You get that in and it can be rather fun. ^.^ Did that help?)

Trickster
(Yeah yeah yeah, I get that. I hate it when people refuse to get hurt. But most people here are good sports, except for the few who just get ridiculed anyway.)

Crimson
(I know, it seems almost pointless, but some people still do it. So high up in their ego. *sighs* That's why you need a judge, otherwise it could go on for ever because neither would not want to give up. But I agree with you.)

Trickster
(Yarrrr.)

Tptmanno1
Where Is titius?
I think he wussed out?
And he's been online for like forever.

Crimson
(He's on the unhosted threads. You mean Tidus, correct?)

Tptmanno1
yea, whatever his name is.

Silver Stardust
(pfft, who cares, he drives me crazy...)

Rianna quickly twisted her wrist around, blocking the kick with her arm.

"Did you really think that'd work on me?" she said, grabbing Galder's foot and twisting, trying to flip him to the ground.

Nyria
I want to join

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.