The Music of Smallville

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Samurai Guy
Comment on the Music you hear on the show.

Save Me by Remy Zero is a little annoying when you are watching the DVD's...

BloomBabyGirl
i wonder if theyll get around to playing(or already have) Superman by five for fighting. it always reminds me of smallville

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
I'm just out to find
The better part of me

I'm more than a bird:I'm more than a plane
More than some pretty face beside a train and
It's not easy to be me

Wish that I could cry
Fall upon my knees
Find a way to lie
About a home I'll never see

It may sound absurd:but don't be naive
Even Heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed:but won't you conceed
Even Heroes have the right to dream but
It's not easy to be me

Up, up and away:away from me
It's all right:You can all sleep sound tonight
I'm not crazyembarrasmentr anything:

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
Men weren't meant to ride
With clouds between their knees

I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a funny red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me

It's not easy to be me.

..but maybe its just me big grin

Samurai Guy
Or Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down

finti
they have some kick ass tunes on that show

Paola
in that ep.... where there's a funeral at the end, I believe Whitney's father's funeral, a song was played..... can you tell me its name?

Samurai Guy
Whitneys dad died... and there is an acoustic song playing in the backround. Right?

Samurai Guy
^ If that is correct, it is Time After Time by Eva Cassidy.

BloomBabyGirl
i liked that song

Samurai Guy
Gave me a new love for it. I play the guitar so I would like to learn it.

In the Episode where Clark and Sean Ashmore (Character name escapes me) have that switch and Sean gets Clarks power, at the end when Clark offers to walk Lana home there is a song playing. The only lines are:

"Pretty when your faithful,
So pretty in white"

Anyone know what song that is?

Paola
no

but thanx for answering my question winkiss

Shadow_King
my favourite song was on season 2 where lex hired those guys to bug linoel's office and then linoel was in the office with martha and they both were captured. at the end of that episode where you see linoel say to lex "i will get my men to pack up my things" and then lex says"i will help them" and then you the music starts from their where you see lex look at kents happy family while he is all alone. and that part it seemed he took the path to the dark side.

Samurai Guy
^ Clark jumps from the Daily Planet into Luthor Corp.... rock

Anytime, Paola. But nobody knows what song mine is? sad cry

The last episode of Season One when Lionel is telling all of the Smallville Poop Plant that they are fired... made me go out and by the Stabbing Westward "Whither, Blister, Burn and Peel" CD.

The song is "What Do I Have To Do."

Shadow_King
so the song you found.

Samurai Guy
What do I have to Do was not the song I was thinking of.

The song I want was in season one, during the episode where Clark "gives" his powers to Eric Summers (Shawn Ashmore). The song plays at the end as Clark returns Lana's necklace to her in the led box.

"Pretty when you're faithful,
So pretty in white"

...are the only words you hear.

Episode 1-12, Leech

Shadow_King
i have seen that episode but i forgot how the song went.

Samurai Guy

Samurai Guy
If you are curious as to a song from Smallville....

At the end of the summaries of the episodes, there is a list of the music.

My song was Inflatable by Bush

pr1983
samurai, the best thing to do is go to the music forum, they have a "whats that song" thread, very helpful

Samurai Guy
True... but I have been there. No help

pr1983
shizzle, i'll have a look for you

pr1983
its called inflatable by bush

Samurai Guy
I already knew that.

pr1983
sorry dude, just tryin to help sadwalk

Samurai Guy
Not that I dont appreciate it, I just knew it already.

Thanks for the thought.

ilvorlandobloom
heres a site that has all the music on every episode- http://www.thewb.com/Music/Show/0,10944,||126,00.html
i liked the french song they played in Crusade.

i also liked that song they played in Obsession, when Clark takes Alicia home. its "One Thing" by Finger Eleven.

ilvorlandobloom
they already have played this song, in season one. "Stray" w/ Ryan....i luv ryan, why did he have to die?? anyways, they played it at the end when Ryan was saying bye to the kents..it was sad
sad

its even in the soundtrack.

Samurai Guy
To answer the question in your spoiler... for Clarks hardship.

ilvorlandobloom
yay, i just watched the new episode "Gone"!!!!!!! it was so good!!!! i liked the maroon 5 "she will be loved" song... it was different, it was like live or something.....maybe its the acoustic version.

Valerius
On the most recent episode, with MR. MxPixyylstyx or whatever they played a song during the game, the only word I remember is shadow something like my shadow is the only one that follows me. ANybody know what that is? Any help appreciated. oh it's green day boulevard of broken dreams.

ilvorlandobloom
oh yeah i love that song!i bought that CD because of Smallville!

Jak
Hmm I always liked the music on smallville. Each song they used was just right for that moment. And like a total fan geek I downloaded about 3/4 of Remy Zero's music because I liked Save Me.

The only song i know of by name on smallville is Save Me.

Smallville
Bumped for proof that this thread exists.

ilvorlandobloom
Go music on Smallville! yay, the premiere's NEXT WEEK!!! ahhhh!!!big grinbig grinbig grin

Smallville
I am uber excited.

Jedi Priestess
SCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 more days!!!!!!

Smallville
Bump!

KimEl
Anyone know which song is played when Lex luthor is standing in a white suit seeing his future? episode 4-10 scare.. that nice slow music

PrettyboyTom
Yes! It's called "Ministrydice" by Jake Runnels

KimEl
Thanks... Where can i get it though.. Cant find it anywhere sad

PrettyboyTom
Originally posted by KimEl
Thanks... Where can i get it though.. Cant find it anywhere sad

Because I lieeeeedddddd!!! Jumpy

Jedi Priestess
Why do you even exist? That was a seriously nasty thing to do..

PrettyboyTom
Don't you think that "Why do you even exist?" is a seriously nasty thing to say? blink

Jedi Priestess
Considering all the havoc you've managed to wreak in here in a weeks time, no I dont. All you've done is make petty comments, and post ridiculous stuff. I dont see where you have contributed a single positive thing here.

PrettyboyTom
You're confused. Read these 4 pointers to help clear your head.

1. You're dramatically saying I wreak havoc. That sounds "ridiculous" blink
2. So long as it's not flaming anyone (as you are doing to me now)or spamming, I can post whatever I like.
3. I've not seen any 'contribution' (going by whatever a contribution is considered in a forum these days) of any value from you.
4. Who or 'what' you may think you are isn't who or 'what' you are.
5. Read my disclaimer.
6. Think things through.

smile The music of Smallville is great! I like the opening sequence music the best!

Jedi Priestess
I honestly think you are either partial mentally disabled and cant help it, or somehow are under the false impression that you are some kind of witty comedic relief for all us poor SMVL section dwellers. It matters not to me, I don't have to post a single thing here as far as spoilers or pictures. We'll leve that up to your awesomeness to do so in the future K? eek!
Enjoy yourself, like I said to Scotty the other day I'm out, this section has gone into the toliet. yes

PrettyboyTom
Reported for abuse. I wonder if you'll get away with this.

Captain REX
Oh, she will. Can you kindly stop harassing JP and other members? Thank you.

Failure to comply will mean that this is brought before the moderator of this forum, and further problems to a global moderator.

Finally, are you or were you at some point a member named Cylob?

PrettyboyTom
Lol @ you, REX.

So you let her get away with abuse? What kind of a forum moderator are you? Either way, I don't care much, because my world is much bigger than this very tiny forum.

laughing

PrettyboyTom
Are you even a moderator? What in god's name ARE you?

RoguePw25
Okay, this dance that you two are having stops now. Ive had previous threads with youn two, but it stops now. The member bashing stops wtih BOTH of you. But PrettyBoyTom, I just have to point you out because you've taken some things to the max. The disclaimer in your sig. completly unnecessary! This is a message board and yes, you are responsible for the things you write on here. If someone takes what you say negativly, kindly explain things to them. This does NOT include saying things like "4. Who or 'what' you may think you are isn't who or 'what' you are." or "Why do you even exist?" Come on now folks! I'm reading this now and I'm seeing it negativly. But the signature is too much and unnecessary.

If you two can't get along with along with each other and stick ON topic, ignore each other, don't even entertain it.

Futhermore PrettyTomBoy, Rex is a moderator on this board, whether or not he's a mod for this particular forum, he asked you to stop. Point blank.

-Rogue

PrettyboyTom
Hey, you're making me out to be more super-powers than the rest on this forum. Kinda unfair. Or should I be flattered that you're putting me on a pedestal? Hmm, not too sure. Having said that, I don't like the way you're trying to make out that I'm on the same childish level as the rest are in here. I'm trying to enjoy myself and I've got some Christmas fetishist following me around... CHRIST!

So, what's REX doing sticking his nose into your forum's affairs? If I was you, I'd take offense to that, because it's kinda like your mother going into your bedroom unannounced and taking upon herself to have a good cleanout.

I'm not doing anything wrong, but if you want to remove me for being 'different' and speaking my mind, go ahead. On a side-note, If I really wanted to come back to this forum, I doubt a simple ban would stop me. However, it's hardly likely I'd make the effort to return if said thing should happen. Do what you will.

What's your problem with my signature? I don't see what's wrong with having my own disclaimer. Your Rogue banner takes up more space than my "unnecessary" signature. Those dancing bananas of yours are also way more unnecessary than my personal disclaimer. Just because mine's text and yours isn't, you take offense to it. Crazy world!

-over and out

RoguePw25
Originally posted by PrettyboyTom
Hey, you're making me out to be more super-powers than the rest on this forum. Kinda unfair. Or should I be flattered that you're putting me on a pedestal? Hmm, not too sure. Having said that, I don't like the way you're trying to make out that I'm on the same childish level as the rest are in here. I'm trying to enjoy myself and I've got some Christmas fetishist following me around... CHRIST!

So, what's REX doing sticking his nose into your forum's affairs? If I was you, I'd take offense to that, because it's kinda like your mother going into your bedroom unannounced and taking upon herself to have a good cleanout.

I'm not doing anything wrong, but if you want to remove me for being 'different' and speaking my mind, go ahead. On a side-note, If I really wanted to come back to this forum, I doubt a simple ban would stop me. However, it's hardly likely I'd make the effort to return if said thing should happen. Do what you will.

What's your problem with my signature? I don't see what's wrong with having my own disclaimer. Your Rogue banner takes up more space than my "unnecessary" signature. Those dancing bananas of yours are also way more unnecessary than my personal disclaimer. Just because mine's text and yours isn't, you take offense to it. Crazy world!

-over and out

Again, this little dance that you're doing, spreading this little fight in both these threads is uncalled for and stops now. You've been asked so please obliged. But I for one am not going to tangle with you. ....

Don't provoke people, calling them "childish" like you just did, is doing that. Yet you didn't do anything wrong ....... Examples:

Originally posted by PrettyboyTom
You're confused. Read these 4 pointers to help clear your head.

3. I've not seen any 'contribution' (going by whatever a contribution is considered in a forum these days) of any value from you.
4. Who or 'what' you may think you are isn't who or 'what' you are.

You reported JP's post as being abusive yet, here you are, saying that she doesn't contribute to anythign on this forum, or that she isn't who she think she is. Not necessary. If you can't stick to topic, or cease from personal attacks, I'm telling ALL of you to ignore the person. PrettyBoyTOm, I'm not making you out to be anything, your post, speak for themselves.

Please cease from posting anymore on this topic, let's MOVE ON with the discussion of the music of Smalleville. Thanks! smile

-Rogue

PrettyboyTom
No, I will NOT cease posting on this topic. Who the HELL do you think you are to try and put a strict limit (one that pleases your own personal wishes outside of the rules) on what we say and where we say it, when it's not even against the rules? I am Disgusted!

Look, Mrs. forum mod, I don't dance for anyone. You're the one with the dancing bananas here. This isn't a fight, this is my defence. If you don't want to see people stand up for themselves (as it is their right to do so), then what are you doing here? Why are you anything to do with an open forum. Forums are partly designed for debate! Discussions are debates! You don't honestly expect me to just lay back and accept your word for anything, do you? Especially since you're mostly wrong here. I've nothing to lose from standing up for my own principles, okay, so, don't be a sausage (or a banana) all your life. Why do you think this is a fight anyway and what's this obsession of yours with getting the last word in? Jeez, anyone would think you're power mad.

You're the one insinuating we're not adults in here. You've made several references to 'maturity'. Maybe not in this thread, but in others you have. In fact, your whole style of moding gives off a "I am the adult and you're the children" vibe (which is a common style to have). If you're saying I'm not mature, then you're calling me a child. If you're saying anyone else isn't mature, you're calling them a child. So this means *you're* provoking people in the way you tell them it's wrong to provoke. Think about that one.

PrettyboyTom
I am doing nothing wrong, that's right. If you would stop singling me out in favour of your forum pets (i.e. Jedi) for a second, you'd see that it was 'her' that made the "you're not contributing anything" remark. Well, she dishes it out, so she can have it back - stop turning a blind eye to her, it's annoying.

I quote that silly girl Jedi saying it:

And don't say she didn't say that, because that's what she meant. Read it, think about it, and conclude that she has just said, and let me rephrase: "you don't contribute anything of any value". I notice you didn't say anything to her about that, did you? See, she starts the abuse, and I defend myself. You're supposed to remove the abuser, not the victim. You see the victim replying to the abuse and you blame the victim for starting the abuse; now where's the logic in that, moddykins?

blink

PrettyboyTom
How's "who or what you think you are isn't who or what you are" offensive? It's not. It's no more offensive than me saying, "oh, those two dancing bananas are creepy". I'm suprised you used that as an example of me supposadly (in your opinion) being guilty of abuse, as it carrys absolutely ZERO weight in support to your argument. You've shot yourself in the foot, kid.

Oh yes you are. Everything you said above it was one big insinuation.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Ok, Prettyboy, you've had your warning from the forum mod, and very clear it is too.

Let me just make it clear that I don't give a damn for any of the defences you have posted. You were told to stop. JP stopped. But instead of stopping, you have continued to argue the point with moderators. That is a bannable offence.

Now, if you continue to argue in this thread with either JP, or mods telling you to stop, you will be banned- no ifs or buts, just the ban, and that's it.

I hope that's clear. Now everyone can return to topic.

Jedi Priestess
Anyone know which song is played when Lex luthor is standing in a white suit seeing his future? episode 4-10 scare.. that nice slow music

Kim this is all I could find on that: Music from Scare "Falling" by Mindy Smith, not sure if that the right song tho. huh It's on the Smallville Soundtrack that can be ordered at Amazon.

KimEl
Yes, JP.. I also found that one... but it aint that one... ive checked several forums and sites... but they all name that one ;(

Jedi Priestess
bummer sorry girl messed

PrettyboyTom
smile

Smallville
So thats what happened to PrettyBoyTom.

Yes, JP.. I also found that one... but it aint that one... ive checked several forums and sites... but they all name that one ;(

Are you sure that is the right episode, because from what you're talking about you might mean something from episode 1-6; HOURGLASS.

Check out this page, it might help

LarrySanders
By and large the music is quite tame, way too much of the middle of the road juggernaughts Coldplay and bands of even lesser quality.

LarrySanders
At the right times though, the music that accompanies the show, not so much the bands, but rather the instrumental stuff is spot on. Though the intro music has grown on me a little having listened to it over 80 times lol big grin

Smallville
I skip through it. Remy Zero's "Save me" is like several drills penetrating my skull simultaneously.

After listening to it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and... you get the point... again, it gets to you.

alexanderluthor
hahahaha yup you are right!!!

wecol2
does anyone know which song is played in the very beginning of the episode Solitude, season 5!? thanx a lot

jediperson
I Love Remy Zero's Save Me

great track smile

Super Kal El
I too think Remy Zero's "Save me" is absoultly awesome, great beat and lyrics, however whenever I try to get my friend's to listen to it they say "that's alright" then I say its from Smallville and they go "ho well it sucks" losers lol

Anyway I recently saw the episode where

*SPOILERS* maybe???
Lex is in the mental asylum and Clark busts him out but gets there to late and Lex has his brain fried

Anyway I missed the name of the song at the start where they show lex taking his medication and looking around at the hole he is in
thanx if ya can help Happy Dance

JKozzy
Does anyone know of anywhere to get, or at least any of the names of the orchestral music used in the series? Is some original, and/or used from the movies? Any help in that department is much appreciated.

romefalls86
Anyone know the name of the song that is playing during the funeral of Jonathon Kent? I really liked it but he name is a mystery to me..Thanks

Jedi Priestess

Ast
Originally posted by JKozzy
Does anyone know of anywhere to get, or at least any of the names of the orchestral music used in the series? Is some original, and/or used from the movies? Any help in that department is much appreciated.

Kinda on that subject....

Anyone know the track that keeps playing during Memoria? It plays during most or all of Lex's flashbacks, such as the birthday party.

lowrider370
what that song they played at the starting of the 100th ep with clark and lana something with beautiful

Jedi Priestess
You're Beautiful by James Blunt and its nauseating sick

NoFate007
http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=1&pmmsid=1454191&referer=http%3A//television.aol.com/videoondemand

Does anyone know what song is playing after the phone rings and Clark picks it up? I know that the whole Lex/Lana discussion has a song from Memento playing, but I don't know what the second song is called.

Anyone want to help me out on this? Thanks a bunch.

Dan-El
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
You're Beautiful by James Blunt and its nauseating sick
Agreed. I thought is was by Maroon 5, but I see that I was wrong.

I like Remy Zero's Save Me. It's good ambience music. I listen to it on the way to school every now and then big grin

Dan-El
They should play the opening of Jimmy Olsen's Blues by the Spin Doctors in one of the more light-hearted tales. I like that song.

rubinator
I Grieve by Peter Gabriel

Jonathans Funural song

rubinator
Originally posted by NoFate007
http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=1&pmmsid=1454191&referer=http%3A//television.aol.com/videoondemand

Does anyone know what song is playing after the phone rings and Clark picks it up? I know that the whole Lex/Lana discussion has a song from Memento playing, but I don't know what the second song is called.

Anyone want to help me out on this? Thanks a bunch.

i agree i am curious to the title of this song aswell

rubinator
i beleive someone said it was from memento but i dont know what song

NoFate007
The first song is from Memento. All of the songs from Memento practically sound exactly the same, so I can't remember offhand. I don't know what the second song is sad

Super Kal El
what is the name of the song in season 3 where Clark robs the bank and the lyrics are "Tick Tock Tick Tick Tick Tock"? sounds like offspring but I dunno please thx for any help

RoviJ
Hi all! Season 4 Episode 5 "RUN"

9 min's in, Clark walks into Bart's appartment, there is a song playing in the background.
As far as i know it's called "Welcome to my world" and is by Kyle Newvachek but i cant find it to buy or download anywhere!
Can anyone help me???

Jedi Priestess
Rovijr, I could just post the answer, but since I gave you the link to the answer in the thread you made and you chose to be lazy and ask in here again, you can look it up yourself.

SuperKal-El: "Frantic" by Metallica - Played when Clark robs the bank. smile

RoviJ
WHAT!!!!

You obviously DONT realise how much i want this song,
maybe im doing somthing wrong,
I DUNNO!!!!!?????????

So can you tell me where i can buy it or you wasting my time???

Jedi Priestess
QUIT

BEING

LAZY

AND

CLICK

THE

LINKS

I

GAVE

YOU

IN

THE

THREAD

YOU

MADE

ASKING

THIS!

RoviJ
You obviously dont speak english!

They dont tell me where i can buy it!

Stop being a pain

Jedi Priestess
First of all, my apologies, I thought you were asking the name of the song again. My bad. oops

Secondly because I was so nasty to you, I did an exhaustive search and this artist appears to be from Canada, seems like the Vancouver area and quite possibly does NOT have an album yet. Therefore I dont think this song is available for purchase or download at this time.

Once again my apologies, I shouldnt have yelled at you.

Kal875
It was pretty funny though.

The song Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls, reminds me of Clark and the situation he's constantly in

http://www.youtube.com/?v=UCT_CYtouOk

Jedi Priestess
Too bad thats a HOYAY vid. That song would have been perfect for aReckoning vid.

RoviJ
I WANT "WELCOME TO MY WORLD"!!!!! REAL BAD!!!!

I keep playing the Episode jus to hear it!! WAAAAAAAAARRRGGHH!!!

omaga
WELCOME TO MY WORLD! I WOULD PAY BIG BUCKS. ANYONE NO WHERE?

RoviJ
Any news on 'Kyle Newvachek' - "Welcome to my world" ???

Smallville
What do you need?

RoviJ
I need to know where I can buy it from or download . . thnx!!

NJ.SUP
Anyone know the music that's playing during the scene at the beginning of Reckoning, in the fortress when Clark jumps with Lana?

Thanks
NJ

TPS
Is it "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt?

NJ.SUP
Hi TPS,

No, not the music when they're in the barn. The music when they're in the fortress and Clarke asks Lana to marry him.

Cheers
NJ

smallvilleluvr
Originally posted by BloomBabyGirl
i liked that song

I don't know the song but that's from "Leech" and Sean's character's name is Eric.

smallvilleluvr
anyone know where I can download "Reckoning" for free in english?
I've been asking everywhere but all I get is either in Spanish or costs money.

Smallville
The episode? Because that really isnt music related.

But, anyways... I will send you a PM.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by smallvilleluvr
anyone know where I can download "Reckoning" for free in english?
I've been asking everywhere but all I get is either in Spanish or costs money.

You had every opportunity to do this but didnt want to do the work it took to get it. Everyone always wants everything handed to them on a platter anymore. messed

Smallville
Dont worry, JP. I got it covered.

Jedi Priestess
wink

Smallville
lover

JayPee... big grin

Jedi Priestess
Scotty! smooches

Smallville
embarrasment

russcarver
I would like to know where I can get my hands on the orchestral music from the very opening scene of this episode (Reckoning) where Clark is telling his secret and and doing the proposal. I had in on my DVR but it crashed and I lost it. Please help!!

The_Saint
Hi.

I remember it was one of the first episodes of the 4th season, when Lionel Luthor is in jail and someone stabs him in the shower. In the background plays a beautiful opera song. Does anybody know the name/performer/anything about it?

Thanks.

The_Saint
Finally I found out the title of the aforementioned song (ah, the web is a wonderful tool!) and I thought to share the information with you.
It is called the "Flower Duet" from the opera Lakme, by Leo Delibes.
A beautiful piece indeed!
By the way, another astonishing song is the one at the last episode of the 3rd period, at the scene where Lex gets poisoned, Chloe and her father are exploded and Lionel is getting his haircut in the jail.
The piece is the "Requiem" by Mozart. (It is said that Mozart wrote this piece when he realized that he was to die.)
It's astonishing how some music a few centuries old still manages to give people so strong feelings.

Kal875
very good ol' chap!

Mr Parker
I love it,its awesome.Whne I used to watch smalville all the time,the times when i missed an episode and would record it,when i got back home,i would listen to the opening theme song many times.

Dumont
hi!In episode 5 season 4(Run) when Clark come to Lex to see manuscript one more time (after that was alarm).
What track playing in this moment? (24min 40 sec)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.