Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet vs The DC Universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94
Could thanos with the IG beat and and conquer all the heroes in the DC universe?

Mane
yeah. 'cept maybe Spectre.

SnakeEyes
what about Superman Prime?

(man i am glad to be back)

FrothByte
no he wouldn't. lucifer and michael are enough to stop thanos even with the infinity gauntlet.

Magee
Jesus no way could he conquer all of DC. Maybe the lesser heros, all if not most of the JLA, Teen Titans and all the other guys. But then u have all those god beings. Spectre, Lucifer, Superman Prime if hes included, heck frothbyte doesnt lie. Lucifer alone could take down Thanos with the gauntlet.

Linkalicious
yah, once you bring up Spectre and those like him...Thanos has his work cut out for him.

I have a Marvel vs. DC crossover where they basically set Spectre as the Living Tribunal's equal...

Krissy Von Doom
Does the Infinity Gauntlet even work in the DCU?

Darkseid had it during that crossover and it did nothing, although, if Jim Starlin wrote it, the ending would probably have been different.

FrothByte
i had this comics awhile back, spectre went to heaven demanding an audience with GOD, and michael beat his ass back to earth. if spectre = living tribunal, and michael > spectre, and michael = lucifer, what do you think thanos could do to either michael or lucifer?

Mane
ooh i totally forgot about Michael and Lucifer. yeah Thanos wouldnt be able to do it.

wrathofachilles
DC has the Christian cosmological figures of Michael and Lucifer? That's sort of crossing an odd line don't you think? Interesting perhaps, but how do you have the leader of Hell and the leader of Heaven *God not included* fight comic characters? And who would be brave enough to let them lose, or can they? lol

JuggernautFan
far as i know the infinity gauntlet gives thanos power over the marvel reality, i dont think he could use it to do anything to DCU. so i think it would be a big mismatch. dcu vs thanos......

crazyspinz
but saying he can use it, still thanos would loose, he is like the exact same as darksied, but done right, and there is all those godly types,

and wut are superman prime's and specter's powers? i know who they are, i just forget wut they can do

MERCILOUS
FYI DC has a more mature line of comics called Vertigo. This is where the Lucifer and Micheal characters are included. Even though they exist in the same universe, they have little or no interaction with the more mainstream characters. And quite frankly, i seriously doubt they'd take it upon themselves to interfere, even with the entire universe in peril. As for Spectre, his power level has been drastically changed a few times, as has the source of his power. I think it would be more correct to sight characters such as John Constantine, and Swamp Thing who do give a damn, and would interefere. I think the elementals (Swamp Thing, Firestorm and such) alone would be a match for Thanos. Not to mention the Endless.

Krissy Von Doom
Lucifer is that powerful? Wasn't hell governed by a triumverate which included him and two others? How powerful could he be if can't rule hell by himself, when Mephisto does so in the Marvel U?

MERCILOUS
Lucifer's real talents don't lie in his own personal power. If Michael wanted to he could himself do this and dispatch of Lucifer, maybe even at the same time. His real abilities lie in that he is indeed quite the devil. I think i and other in this forum have taken into account the great deads that lucifer has done by himself. Including making his own dimension in which he is god. Read up! I'm sure you'll enjoy.

MERCILOUS
Oh and besides, Mephisto rules 1 hell. Of which there are many in the Marvel U, as there are in the DCU

wrathofachilles
What are the Spectre's powers then if he can get his ass kicked by Michael and Lucifer? I wouldn't imagine the Living Tribunal getting his 'ass kicked.' Anyway, is the actual comic of the cosmological figures called Vertigo or the mature line?

Beyonder
confused

Spectre doesn't equal Living Tribunal in power. Has Spectre ACTUALLY DONE anything that would put him on LT's level? Just cause both were paired up in Marvel Vs. DC, it isn't evidence that they are eqauls. And when Spectre fought Michael to speak to god and got his ass kicked, what does that say about Spectre's level, considering Spectre's power is based on what GOD gives him. If GOD decided to give Spectre enough power, he could be on LT's level. Him demanding to see GOD and getting his ass kicked by Michael says that GOD didn't want to see his ass, thus did not give him enough power to beat Michael.

If GOD willed that Spectre be more powerful than Thanos w/ IG, he will be.

However, EVERYONE OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T READ THE FIRST POST. It ask whether Thanos can beat all the heroes in the DC universe. I wouldn't include Michael or Lucifer as HEROES

Anyways, Thanos plows through all the heroes in the DC universe, not one would live through this fight. Remember, Thanos w/ IG beat two Celestials (The One Above All Celestials & Ziran the Tester), Death, Chronos, Chaos & Order, The Stranger, Galactus, Love & Hate, & Mephisto.

With a thought, he was able to wipe out half the universe. He beat Eternity himself, calling the Cosmic Bridgade led by Galactus "Eternity's lackeys."

I think the elementals (Swamp Thing, Firestorm and such) alone would be a match for Thanos. Not to mention the Endless.

So Swamp Thing > Galactus? or Love? or Hate? or Chronos? or Chaos
Dido with Firestorm

As for the Endless, so the Endless are heroes now?

crazyspinz
agreed ^^^

MERCILOUS
Yes Swamp thing>God in DCU.

O, and wrathofachilles, vertigo is the name of line of comics. The cosmology is one in the same. As i thought I noted, they are in the same universe but seldom interact with the mainstream heros.

MERCILOUS
Also i should note that you are drawing a fine line here, By your standards, i could ask, since when is the Living Tribunal a hero? Or Chaos or Order and so on?

So yeah, the Endless.

Abaddon
This battle in a nutshell: Thanos is on the verge of winning, Spectre intervenes when Thanos tries to remake reality, end of story. It's Zero Hour all over again.

Katt
Anyone now which comics and issues this happend in?

FrothByte
can't remember... i gave half of my comics away to friends. that issue was one of them.

Beyonder
GOD, meaning the Presence, creator of Lucifer & Michael. Swamp Thing > Presence, Lucifer, Michael, Spectre, the Endless, Parallax???

When did this happen?

Nope, it's misunderstanding on your part. I never said Thanos w/ IG ever beat LT. As for mentioning Chaos & Order, Eternity, Death, Celestials, etc., it was only meant to demonstrate his FEATS, along with wiping out the half the universe's population. That's what he did to cosmic deity; what can DC heroes do against him?

Gregory
It wasn't that Lucifer couldn't rule Hell by himself, it was that he was too bored by the whole thing to do so. The other demons in the triumvate were nothing compared to Lucifer; if you need proof, consider how easily Dream of the Endless--who admitted that Lucifer was more powerful than him--imprisoned one of them when it stepped out of line.

Lucifer shaped the demiurge explosion and created his own universe. That makes him pretty damn powerful, I'd say. His power isn't always obvious because he interacts with such powerful beings, but it's there.

eleveninches
Lucifer doesnt always show his full power because he's had billions of years to set his plans into motion and eliminate his enemies, and billions of years as one of the most powerful beings in creation, so there is not really any reason for him to use his full power, as not much is ever a real threat to him

MERCILOUS
in his own title, read up.

The exact same thing all the marvel characters could do.

Beyonder
Yeah, the Marvel heroes got their ass kicked. So I guess your saying that DC's heroes get their ass kicked in as well, right? Guess so.

MERCILOUS
Your pressumption is correct.

citannah17
well i say darkseid trick thanos into trusting him kick his @$$ then steals the IG for himself then use the OE to erase thanos from existence and proceeds to continue to destroy the rest of DC heroes.

Priest
Originally posted by citannah17
well i say darkseid trick thanos into trusting him kick his @$$ then steals the IG for himself then use the OE to erase thanos from existence and proceeds to continue to destroy the rest of DC heroes.
because Darkseid is smarter than thanos. roll eyes (sarcastic)
no expression

quanchi112
same result thanos only loses when he decides to lose. its up to thanos

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by citannah17
well i say darkseid trick thanos into trusting him kick his @$$ then steals the IG for himself then use the OE to erase thanos from existence and proceeds to continue to destroy the rest of DC heroes. Mephisto did that... and ended up getting choked out.

I also fail to see how Darkseid kicks his ass...

He's got the f*cking IG.

Oh, and, Thanos loses.

Priest
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Mephisto did that... and ended up getting choked out.

laughing out loud So true.

quanchi112
when thanos had these power items he only lost when he allowed it. thanos cant lose unless he lets them win. in marvels the end he gave it all back after he won. hes thanos and doesnt lose with these items.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by quanchi112
when thanos had these power items he only lost when he allowed it. thanos cant lose unless he lets them win. in marvels the end he gave it all back after he won. hes thanos and doesnt lose with these items. He beat lesser beings, than what are compacted into the DC universe.

They also have Lucifer sitting around somewhere on a beach (he solos).

What exactly does Marvel: The End have to do with this?

quanchi112
just another time where thanos had infinite power and basically didnt lose that is why i referenced it. he got better. he didnt subconciosuly lose this time and has gotten better. so that he will subconciolsuy allow himself to lose argument is out the window. thanos with the gems is toooooooo tough.

Jebus reborn
just another time where thanos had infinite power and basically didnt lose that is why i referenced it. he got better. he didnt subconciosuly lose this time and has gotten better. so that he will subconciolsuy allow himself to lose argument is out the window. thanos with the gems is toooooooo tough. What the f*ck are you talking about?

He doesn't have to lose on purpose, nor do I remember anyone saying that.

Lucifer smashes him.

quanchi112
nobody said it but i have heard it in the past just preventing it from coming from someone is all. no he couldnt smash him. mavrels gems were the supreme being. so no being is going to come in save tribuanl whgich is debatable or the presence himself or the one above all.

Priest
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
What the f*ck are you talking about?

He doesn't have to lose on purpose, nor do I remember anyone saying that.
i think he's was referring to Warlock phyco-analyzing thanos, saying that thanos subconsciously docent want god-like power (something like that). (IG saga)

Jebus reborn
nobody said it but i have heard it in the past just preventing it from coming from someone is all. no he couldnt smash him. mavrels gems were the supreme being. so no being is going to come in save tribuanl whgich is debatable or the presence himself or the one above all. Yes, Lucifer does smash him.

Marvel's Gem were (were being the key word) the supposed Supreme Being, but, no Gem user has been able to fully activate it's powers.

Hardly, the Tribunal already powered down, and powered up the Gems.
Tribunal dwarfs the Gems... it's not debatable.

quanchi112
thats what i was referring to u nailed it right on the head. i just wanted to defend against it before anyone could bring it up.

quanchi112
adam warlock said it would be an awesome battle and it wasnt for sure that tribunal would win, although i think tribunal would its not 100 percent known is all i am saying. its up for debate.

Jebus reborn
adam warlock said it would be an awesome battle and it wasnt for sure that tribunal would win, although i think tribunal would its not 100 percent known is all i am saying. its up for debate. So, Adam turned to LT, and said:
"This is going to be an awesome battle, full of awesomeness... and stuff."
?

Also, Tribunal earlier, made the Gems not work in unison. He then later powered it up.
You don't power up, and power down something with your own power, for it to later be called your equal, or close.

quanchi112
still debatable i have read the issue its not as black and white as u make it. i happen to agree with tribunal being more powerful but its not set in stone what u say.

Jebus reborn
still debatable i have read the issue its not as black and white as u make it. i happen to agree with tribunal being more powerful but its not set in stone what u say. Oh, it's pretty black and white.
They don't work, as of Tribunal's ruling.
Eternity wants them to work, Tribunal powers them up.

I think of the initial meeting, as Tribunal trying to teach Warlock a lesson, rather than forcibly pursue him, and cause Warlock to see not of his wrongs.

quanchi112
well i dont think it is but this argument is going nowhere. its like two differnet faiths reading the same interpretation of the bible. both sides interpret it as they may. and quit arguing with me on this i agrred with the tribunal anyways being more powerful, geez. i dont think its black and white is all in that comic. to sit here and argue over that would be silly.

starlock
It is not proven one way or another

Stoping the gems from working together while inert does not impress me
nor does bringing the abstacts back after warlock ig blasted them

So LT saying they would lay waste to reality,means what? that he could just shut them off while a user was tapping in to them? i dont think so

Mr Master
I think WhiteWitchKing said it best, concerning the LT and Warlock moment:

"Warlock had just saved the universe and thought he was deserving of the IG.

LT gave him a chance to give up his power.

It doesn't mean he couldn't have taken it away.

In the past,

he's given people chances to rectify problems before he takes action."

(which is true, just look at Strange & Quasar)

Like Bran said,

it's not debatable whether or not the LT is above the IG:

LT powers DOWN the IG:

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/6007/ltaboveig25hj.th.jpg
"HIs judgement is obviously keeping the GEMS from working together"

LT powers UP the IG:

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3725/ltallowsig66qd.th.jpg

http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/9898/ltallowsig70sy.th.jpg

LT shunts an omni-deriectional blast from the IG with a gesture:

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/1174/ltrulesig10cfge0.th.jpg

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7161/ltrecreatesqm2.th.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7993/ltisaboveig5ez.th.jpg

Meh,

the Offical Marvel Handbook of 2006 states it clearly:

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/6062/bitvr0.th.jpg
"The LT demostrated his power surpasssed that of the Gems"

Debating this screams out AGENDA! roll eyes (sarcastic)

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Evangel94
Could thanos with the IG beat and and conquer all the heroes in the DC universe?

NO. The Phantom Stranger, The Spectre, Kismet, The OAN battery, Kismet, would all stop in him or hinder his progress.

WrathfulDwarf
One more time...

This is what happens when Thanos enters the DCU

Mr Master
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
One more time...

This is what happens when Thanos enters the DCU

Aren't we assuming the IG works?

Otherwise the thread is pointless. smile

WrathfulDwarf
It won't work...period.

Case closed.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
It won't work...period.

Case closed.
To be fair,that would be like making a thread where the flash in on marvel earth. One could say flash gets killed becuz there is no speed force. For the purpose of this argument, we are assuming the Gems will work.

Mr Master
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
To be fair,that would be like making a thread where the flash in on marvel earth. One could say flash gets killed becuz there is no speed force. For the purpose of this argument, we are assuming the Gems will work.

thumb up

Juntai
Agreed. For purpose of the thread to have any meaning, it works in this scenario.

svex
ALONG WITH HIS IG

RockofAges
Infinity Gauntlets do not work outside of their native universe, Thanos would not be able to use it in the DCU.

However, if for theories sake he could use it agaisnt DC heroes, he would one and all destroy them all, including cosmic level beings.

quanchi112
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
NO. The Phantom Stranger, The Spectre, Kismet, The OAN battery, Kismet, would all stop in him or hinder his progress. False. Thanos could own them with a mere thought.

Enzeru
1. The Presence / The Great Evil Beast
2. Michael Demiurgos
3. Lucifer Morningstar

These 3,5 characters would stomp IG Thanos for sure, but other characters? Very debatable.
For example one could name Over-Monitor, but damn he has only been mentioned once or twice or something like that, so he doesn't even count. The regular Anti-Monitor is not up there and neither is the Spectre.
All of the Endless combined would be useless as well.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Enzeru
1. The Presence / The Great Evil Beast
2. Michael Demiurgos
3. Lucifer Morningstar

These 3,5 characters would stomp IG Thanos for sure, but other characters? Very debatable.
For example one could name Over-Monitor, but damn he has only been mentioned once or twice or something like that, so he doesn't even count. The regular Anti-Monitor is not up there and neither is the Spectre.
All of the Endless combined would be useless as well. The Presence or Great Evil beast would not get involved just like the TOAA wouldn't. Lucifer and Michael are easily defeated and greatly exaggerated. They are also from the Vertigo universe which is not the dcnu universe.

TheGodKiller
False. Thanos could own them with a mere thought.
Replying to a two-time banned poster that can nvrrplybck. Classy as always, quanchi.

DarkSaint85
The Presence or Great Evil beast would not get involved just like the TOAA wouldn't. Lucifer and Michael are easily defeated and greatly exaggerated. They are also from the Vertigo universe which is not the dcnu universe.

So're Swampy and Constantine...

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Replying to a two-time banned poster that can nvrrplybck. Classy as always, quanchi. Still upset and looking for name recognition by association with me. Creepy as always.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.