Trying to Learn...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slasherpunk18
I started getting really into horror movies about 5 months ago,and I have seen a fair deal of them for a beginner(i think anyway),any help would be appreciated.here's a list of the flicks i've seen,these are the ones that I can remember anyway:

Psycho 1,3,and 4
Evil Dead 1-3
Halloween 1-8
Friday the 13th 1-10
Freddy VS Jason
A Nightmare on Elm Street 1-7
Hellraiser:Bloodline
Henry:Portrait of a Serial Killer
Dawn of The Dead
Day of the Dead
Misery
The Shining(original)
Psycho remake
TCM remake
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Return of the Living Dead 1 and 3
Scream 1-3
Urban Legend
Frost:Portrait of a Vampire
Puppet Master 1-6
Ed Gein
Copycat
House of 1000 Corpses
Dracula(1993 version)
Hunting Humans
Subspecies
Final Destination 1 and 2(they're really more of thrillers but some people say it's a horror movie)
Candyman 1-3
Prom Night
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Burial Ground
The Exorcist
Phantasm 2
Motel Hell
Jeepers Creepers
Silence of the Lambs
The Ring
Wrong Turn
I Know What You Did Last Summer
Alien 1-4(I put this under sci-fi but some consider it horror I guess)
Predator(I figured that if I put alien i had to put this)
Fear.com
Resident Evil
Underworld
Pet Cemetary 2
Cabin Fever

Well those are all the ones that I can remember,there were probably a couple more.

HockeyHorror
in my book these are what i recommend

Manhunter
Silence of the Lambs
Red Dragon
Hannibal

and im waiting for The Lecter Variation

slasherpunk18
I have Red Dragon here at the house but I haven't watched it yet.What's manhunter about?

ragesRemorse
Manhunter is the same story of Red dragon. It is more like the book i guess, not much difference. Manhunter focused more on the suffering of the lead character instead of mentioning it in passing.

slasherpunk18
So basically,red dragon=manhunter?Or are there different characters?

BTW,I forgot to mention in the list that i've also seen TCM 2,3,and 4.

ragesRemorse
same thing,different adaptations. Both worth watching

slasherpunk18
I'll look for it.Any other suggestions?

slayer
I think i saw the start of Manhunter on cable, where someone is walking inside somebodies house?

Evil Dead
Hellraiser 1-3
The Amityville Horror 1 and 2
The Omen (if you like it, watch 2 and 3 too)
The Ugly
Dog Soldiers
Phantasm
Carrie
28 Days Later

there are many other great flicks I'd suggest.......but you'll probably need to work your way up to them to get the maximum enjoyment out of them.

slasherpunk18
Thanks for the suggestions ED.I'm sure if you like em they're great.I forgot to mention that i did see The Omen(the first one)I couldn't really get into it that much.I liked Hellraiser;Bloodline so i'll probably watch the others.What's Dog Soldiers and The Ugly?

I also forgot to add From Dusk Till Dawn to my list.I saw that like 4 weeks ago.I loved it.

Lord_Andres
You should deffently see Jaws, The Thing, The Fog, Wolf(Jack Nicholson) and Zombie, just a few of my favorite horror movies smile

slasherpunk18
Thanks for the suggestions.Which version of the thing should I see?I think there's 2.

Lord_Andres
ya thats right, get the remake with Kurt Russel, directed by John Carpender smile

slasherpunk18
Alright,thanks man.

slasherpunk18
I just saw 28 Days later.I didn't think it was scary but I thought it was well-made.

Evil Dead
you're 17 years old.........ofcourse it's not going to be scary. stick out tongue

BadKitty
I totally second this list,those are horror staples..also some more werewolf movies to check out is the howling and american werewolf in london.

the re-animator series are a lot of fun smile

I don't know what everyone else will think of these but 'bloodsucking freaks' and 'the hills have eyes' scared me (even though blood sucking freaks is cheesy I think the thought of what was going on scared me)

I also really like nightbreed..not a bit scary but some clever costumes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.