Freddy V Jason V Ash....and...Evil Dead 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Carlcsw
Good news everyone, theres been some talks and it looks like "Freddy V Jason V Ash" and "Evil Dead 4" are in the works. Looks like Sam Raimi has agreed to lend the charactor Ash to them, and in return it looks like hes been granted to make the movie Evil Dead 4.

Well tic 4 tac it seems.

Heres the snippet

moviehole.net/news/3302.html

Personally im looking forward to Evil Dead 4, definately if Sam Raimi is writting and directing.

As for the sequel to Freddy Versus Jason, I am gonna look forward for it but im not too sure since I have a few problems with it.

1. How are they going to get Freddy & Jason back together, well fighting each other.

2. How the hell are they gonna get Ash in the mix.

3. I hope they stay far away from the "The Mummy Returns" film. And not try to make a moulded version of it.

Cinemaddiction
This will probably get forwarded to the "horror" section, then merged with the existing thread of the same title.

BTW, Freddy n' Jason will fight because both are still alive, and Bruce Campbell already said that this movie isn't happening with his participation.

Carlcsw
I know there still alive but the original concept of the first movie was pretty good and much believable to get the two titans together. As for the sequel I dont think Freddy will resurrect Jason again, I hope it aint gonna be a kind of film where Jason comes back and they bring back Freddy to fight him or vica verca.

Im abit unsure how Jason gets ressurected all the time since ive not really watched any of the Friday the 13th films, only watched Jason X and im getting the first Friday the 13th soon, in about a week or so.

And I think Bruce Campell will come around, if he can get another sequel to the Evil Dead series I think he will go for it. I really wanted Evil Dead 4 to be made, ok Army of Darkness was a bit of a let down but I hope it picks it self back up and doesn't go along the lines of the aliens series or batman.

SlipknoT
First of all jason didnt die in f vs j, and second of all army of darkness kicked ass

Mordecai
yes

Cinemaddiction
Bruce Campbell won't do the movie for a few reasons.

1) He doesn't care to do it.

2) It means he and Sam Raimi would have to sell the "Ash" character to New Line Cinemas, which sure as hell isn't happening.

3) It means that Dino de Laurentis would have to sell the rights to the "Evil Dead" franchise to New Line Cinemas, which also sure as hell isn't happening.

It's just going to be a horror fans eternal wet dream. B.C. and Raimi won't sell out on their legions of fans like that.

Besides, Ash is a mortal, a coward as well. He doesn't "fit in".

Evil Dead
1. Bringing the Ash character into the mix wouldn't be that difficult........at the end of AOD, Ash finds that the deadites are still kicking when he returns to his own time and must fight one in S-Mart. This means he must get the Necronomicon to banish them.......where is the last place we saw the Necronomicon? That's right....in the Voorhies house in Jason Goes to Hell......I'm sure it could be a possibility that Ash might run in to Jason as he goes to the Voorhies house to reclaim the book.

2. When the hell did Bruce Campbell say he wouldn't do it? Last interview I read with him he said it was UNLIKELY because he didn't think the studio would loan out the character but he would do it if the studio would loan the character and he was getting a paycheck.

3. No studio would have to sell anything. Whichever studio owns the rights to the Ash character would merely have to loan the character to New Line for one movie. This is called Licensing. The studio gives them the Ash character for a movie in return for money and/or a percentage of the profits from the movie. This is done all the time with characters from comic books. In this case, they would merely be licensing a character from a movie series instead of a comic series.

4. Ash is a coward? Did you watch the same Army of Darkness movie I did? He was facing off with Deadites left and right without fear......"yo, she *****.....let's go"......doesn't sound like the words of a coward to me.

5. Once again.......direct me to the interview in which Bruce said he wouldn't do it. Last I read he said he would be up for it if the studio would loan the character out........and Robert Englund and Ronnie Yu even talk about the possibility at the end of the Freddy vs. Jason commentary track on the dvd.

BackFire
I actually heard he said he wanted to do it.

Carlcsw
Yeah me 2, I heard that Bruce would be up for a sequel and maybe doing the FvJ sequel thing as well.

And I know Jason didn't die at the end SlipKnot (he cant die, he immortal, duh).

Im still wondering about the end of the film when Jason emerges from the water, is he in the dream world since Freddys head winks so I take it that Jason is sleeping again or something.

Evil Dead
yes.......not to get off topic here but just to clarify it for you......

Jason is indeed in the dream world. The movie ends back where it began. Both Freddy and Jason died in the real world........Freddy is back inside of Jason's dream..........this is why a decapitated head is able to wink, smile and laugh............this is also the reason for Freddy's laughter as the movie fades to black......he's back in control, he owns the dream world.

Carlcsw
Thought so.

So for the sequel it could start off with Jason n Freddy fighting again but I dont think that will happen, dont want to start a film off with them fighting. Gotta wait till near the end.

Btw are the Freddy n Jason films worth watching?

I heard there cheesy n crap? (Please dont flame me, im new to the films, got started off with the F v J film)

Cinemaddiction
In response to Evil dead's 5 points..

1. The Necronomicon has been in other movies aside from Evil Dead and Friday the 13th, namely H.P. Lovecraft's "Necronomicon", I do believe. Like you already said, it's not exclusive.

2. Read the quotes above.

3. The stuido would have to sell all the rights for New Line to make an Evil dead 4 through their studios. That's what I was talking about. I am well aware of licensing. I went to trade school for radio and television.

4. Ash is a coward. Ever listen to the commentaries on all 3 Evil dead movies? It's mentioned a few times that he is an anti-hero. "Army of Darkness" is a perfect example.

5. Check the quotes above for this as well.

Carlcsw
The Necronomicon has been in Jason goes to Hell? LOL, im getting that film too as well. Which part is it in just so I know when im watching it.

SlipknoT
Dont get jason goes to hell. I made that mistake last week, but it was $6 so what the hell.

DeNiro
I think that they wont be able to make a good movie with throwing bruce cambell into the mix i mean come on how are they even going to begin to write a story were freddy, jason, and Ash meet up its stupid i think. But i would maybe like to see a evil dead 4 maybe i dont want them to scare the trilogy up though

Evil Dead
Cinemaddiction.........

The ACTUAL necronomicon from Army of Darkness is in Jason goes to hell........not just a book called the necronomicon. It is the actual book used in the filming of AOD.....inked in blood, bound in flesh. Once again, not just a book called the necronomicon......it's the actual book from AOD that Ash himself holds in his hands.

I read both of those articles last year aswell. Try finding some newer articles man. You are stating things based on articles going back to August of last year............try reading some newer interviews....December - February............not to be rude at all, it's just frustrating discussing something that I've been keeping up on with somebody who just did a quick google search and came up with articles and quotes that are 7-8 months old. There is actually a good article about the subject done in January, after the dvd release.......in which Bruce stated that he would do it if New Line could get the license for the character. I'll look for it and try to post a link.........

and nobody ever said they wanted New Line to make an Evil Dead movie............just that by putting Ash into Freddy vs. Jason and getting the character back out to the masses would invoke new interest in another Evil Dead movie.

Evil Dead
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/artsentertainment/2001731903_campbell17.html

There's a good interview conducted with Campbell. I also found links to several radio interviews he has done in the past few months but he said the same thing in all of those interviews that he says in that one........it's a great idea, a great way to end the franchises and he'd love to do it if they can come up with a good script.

and I guess you are correct......the link provided does kind of point to New Line doing another Evil Dead movie. I still wouldn't count that out if they do get to use Ash for a Freddy vs. Jason flick. Obviously nobody else in going to make another Evil Dead flick so the studio who owns the rights would probably see it as a way to make some quick cash........since they're not going to make another, why not sell the rights so New Line can. Basically the same thing Paramount did with Friday the 13th. They had no aspirations to make another film so they sold the rights to New Line.....who then made the last three films with Jason.

seriously.....I didn't mean to be rude in my last post but reading it again, it looks like I was. It's just absurd to post on a movie board about "news" or "rumors" you read about 7 months ago..........a lot of things get clarified in 7 months, a lot of things change in 7 months........

Deniro.........you asked
"how are they even going to begin to write a story were freddy, jason, and Ash meet up its stupid"

As Freddy Vs Jason ends........both are dead, back where the movie began. As Army of Darkness ends.......the deadites are alive and kicking in Ash's home time. He fights a deadite in S-Mart.....kisses the girl, hail to the king baby.......fade to black.

How could the characters be brought together?

Ash needs the necronomicon to vanquish the deadites. He has tracked it down to the Voorhies house (Jason Goes to Hell)....he must retrieve the book. Meanwhile......Freddy has once again tricked the uber-retarded Jason into killing for him (like he did in FvsJ...portrayed his mother)..........As Ash gets to the Voorhies house to reclaim the book he runs into Jason. It doesn't take Ash long (a day dream or little nap) to realize Jason isn't pulling the strings as he runs into Freddy Krueger........all three characters are together and a camp horror masterpiece ensues.

There.....all three characters together...in one paragraph.....and I'm not even a Hollywood screenwriter. As far as "stupid" goes......it's camp horror......nothing high brow or super intellectual is implied. Nightmare 3-6, Friday the 13th 2-Jason X, Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness and Freddy vs. Jason are all stupid ......still produced many watchable and even one or two good movies.

Cinemaddiction
The Zap2It.com article was recent, especially considering the "kicking ass" end quotes were almsot exactly identicial.

As for anyone selling rights, Dino DeLaurentis owns the rights to the name "Evil Dead", while Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell own the "Ash" character.

In late December of 2003, Sam Raimi said he was interested in doing an "Evil Dead 4". If that were true, you don't think that after making Sony Studios millions upon millions of dollars w/ Spiderman and subsequent sequels, that they would be the ones to distribute such a movie, given they weren't stupid enough to deny Raimi's request for said movie?

Aside from that, it still doesn't make any sense. You put in an underground, comedic character like Ash into the mainstream with 2 horror legends? Why not establish Ash on the bigscreen with an "Evil Dead 4", then possibly use it as a vehicle to incoperate him into some final "Vs" deal, and put all 4 franchises to bed with a big bang?

I realize rumors chage frequently, but I don't want to be made out to sound like I am talking out of my ass here. I read up on B.C. regularly, and I cited both new and old references to show how thngs are evolving.

Wolfie
If you watch on Evil Dead II, Freddy's glove is hanging in the cellar. I really like the idea of Ash being in FvJ2, Evil Dead's idea is gold.

Cinemaddiction
They are all homages. There's a clown mannequin and a shadow of a tree in Kim's bedroom in "Final Destination 2", just like in "Poltergeist".

These guys should be more careful with their odes to horror films, they get fanboys thinking the wrong thing.

Evil Dead
why does it get the fanboys thinking the wrong thing? Robert Englund, Bruce Campbell and Ronnie Yu have all said that they'd do a Fredd/Jason/Ash movie............all that's missing is a script.......and now it's reported that a draft of a script has already been written.

Let's see......both primary actors (Englund and Campbell) are on board for the idea..........the director is on board for the idea (Ronnie Yu).......the executives at New Line are on board for the idea (according to Englund anyway)......now it is being reported that somebody is working on a script. It looks like all that is missing is the negotiations to license the Ash character for the movie......and if you are correct and Raimi and Campbell are the sole owners of the character it is even more likely that the movie can be made as it will basically depend on the script whether or not Bruce will reprise the character.......not money which is what studios would want.

Cinemaddiction
For what it's worth, I read this at BD..

There's also talk of Chris Jericho of the WWE being casted for something. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It just keeps getting worse..

Evil Dead
I also read that.........I damn near spit my soda out when I read that at Bloody Disgusting........

Chris Jericho can barely act well enough to get by with his character in the WWF..........much less a movie.

Although I would love to see Jericho call Freddy an "assclown".......

Cinemaddiction
Oh, and I put in a mail to guy who is in close contact with Jeff Katz, usually via e mail and he could only tell me that New Line asked that the DarkHorizons.com report Re: the movie be removed.

Of course, that tells me little to nothing either way, other than they don't want the scoop spilled even if it weren't true.

None of us can be right with as much flip flopping of rumors going on with this project, so I guess it's just best to stay unbiased, and report the news as it comes.

Guess we'll wait and see. As for this whole WWE acting explosion, this has GOT to be false. Kevin Nash has a small role in Hellboy, and Triple H in Blade. I don't see any role of Jericho unless they give him breast implants, because he would make for a pretty decent chick.

SlipknoT
Jericho? Of all people they could cast why Jericho?

loserib
i allway thought it would be chucky they throw in the fvsj ever watch bride of chucky when they are getting chuckys bodie out of police impound the lockers next to his had freddy's glove and jasons mask

Evil Dead
I'm hoping the Jericho rumors are just the result of some stupid email some guy sent Bloody Disgusting. That's what I hate about Bloody Disgusting.......they publish online reports of rumors/facts from reputable sources.......then they'll go and post a bunch of crap from some guy who just sends them an email. They publish just about all information/rumors they recieve no matter who it is from.

But......I could see Jericho actually being in a movie. The WWF is pushing it's talent into movies like never before. Of course the Rock is doing movies........Kevin Nash (no longer employed by WWF) is in The Punisher........Triple H plays in Blade : Trinity..........and the WWF have announced two movies they are making themselves (ala No Holds Barred) to star Kane and Bill Goldberg respectively. No doubt that these two movies will not only have wrestlers as it's stars (Kane & Goldberg) but they will also be filled to the brim with wrestlers playing supporting roles.

I'm not going to automatically discount the rumors of New Line putting Jericho in Freddy vs. Jason 2 (made with or without Ash).........they did put Kelly Rowland in the first one, who oddly enough looks just as much like a man as Jericho looks like a woman.

LeAtHerRFace
How can you guys stand the Evil Dead movies. Its so full of Sh!t.

leatherface12
Evil dead your avatar is disracting me. laughing

Evil Dead
#1. Opinions are like assholes.........everybody has one and of my opinion, yours stinks.

#2.

"Hail to the king, baby" is not from THE Evil Dead.......it is from Army of Darkness. It is the very last line from Army of Darkness at that.

#3. To answer your question........we can stand the Evil Dead movies because we like them. They are great camp horror B-movies.........a lot of us like that. I'm not in the mood to watch Gladiator and One Flew Over the Cukoos Nest all of the time........

Freddy_vs_Jason
i was just about to write "you idiot!! they wouldnt put chucky in there!" but then i read the part about freddys glove and jasons mask, but that little midget wouldnt stand a chace against any fo the horror legends, i think they're starting to ruin horror movies buy showing possessions of other killers things like in evil dead 2 where you see freddys glove in the chandeler and in bride of chucky, i would never see a "freddy vs chukcy" or "jason vs chucky", i know i would lose my taste in those movies................

LeAtHerRFace
Sheesh

loserib
i dont think chucky would be that bad i dont think he sleeps so freddy would have to come out of dreamland or find somebody else to battle him and he is so small that jason would have a hard time seeing/catching him

btw Freddy_vs_Jason thanks for reading the whole post before deciding to call me an idiot

Freddy_vs_Jason
no probs loserib, but in an interview with englund, he said he didnt want to be fighting: leather face, micheal myres, or chucky and a few other psycho killers

Wolfie
That is a great idea, Evil Dead.

<<Solo>>
I'd want Freddy V. Jason V. Ash to be something like:

S-Mart got moved to Elm Street. So Ash goes with it because he becomes manager.Freddy and Jason kill Ash's Fiance. So Ash goes after the legendary Freddy for revenge.

Pred@tor
hahahaha

Machete_guy
Serously? if they did that then they r gonna make a VS movie cuz in Predator 2, there was a alien skull on the slelve

Stormy Day
Funny I havent seen any evil deads but part one.Are the other any good?

<<Solo>>
Are They Any..... mad They're fu*king awesome.

Stormy Day
Ill have to rent some evil face

yourdebility
Chris Benoit was in the talks with the makers of fvj2. this was no surprise because this has been a rumor for weeks because everyone believes that Benoit title reign will end by OCT. so he can make this movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.