Would you do ANYTHING for money ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Papaumau
Think carefully now and be totally truthful with your answer....

Would you do ANYTHING for money IF you consider that the amount of money offered is the only real consideration in your decision ?

Before you answer...please remember the theme behind the movie "Indecent proposal".

shellie
almost anything but not everything . i wouldnt take another persons life or physically harm them in any way , shape or form .

Papaumau
Have you REALLY thought about it Shellie ?

If you were offered a million...or ten million Pounds/Dollars to kill someone, ( and a guarantee of getting away with it of course ); would the only consideration then be your physical and mental capability to be able do such a thing...OR would the morality of the act always be placed before the immorality of taking the money ?

shellie
its not in me to even consider taking the money if it means hurting someone . i sat here and tried to , but i cant .

no amount of money is right to harm another soul .

finti
no

Papaumau
Aw...c'mon Finti !

A one word answer to such a complicated question is just not good enough. Even Shellie said she couldn't do it because it was not in her makeup to hurt or kill anyone.

I would ask Shellie then if she could order it done by someone with the capability to do it if she felt strong enough about wanting it done and she could find someone to do it for her...AND she stilll would get the 10 Million Dollars.

( I didn't really mean to restrict this enquiry to the murder question BTW ! ).

I was really trying to find out just how "buyable" human beings are if the money is right.

shellie
no paps , i honestly still could not do it . i would still be responsible for harming another . even if i dont commit the act myself , given the order is the same thing to me .

again no amount of money is enoough to harm someone else .

Papaumau
OK Shellie I will accept that with the grace that it is due !

BUT....the question then arises about HOW FAR you would go if the money was right !

BTW...I am not searching here for your particular or personal indiscretions; I am looking for hypothetical responses only.

Clovie
depends of what is the thing to do.

HockeyHorror
money = root of evil

shellie
ummm........well ill have to give it some more thought .

BackFire
No, I would not do ANYTHING for money. There are many things that, even with a guarantee of getting away with it, I would not want to do because of my conscience.

Samurai Guy
No, I would not. But for a Klondike Bar.... big grin

Phoenix
I wouldn't do anything for money for myself, but I've gone pretty far when it came to fund-raising for charity! eek!

bardock
money isnt the root of evil the need for power is

HockeyHorror
in my opinion

money = root of evil

power = tree of evil

no expression

bardock
rosie o' donell weed of evilno expression

HockeyHorror
laughing

HockeyHorror
mr. snuggles = root of stupidity

Tptmanno1
lol

I wouldn't kill someone, but Yes, I could hurt someone for money

Corlindel
No!

naybean
no i wouldnt do anything for money but theres not a lot i wouldnt do.

big gay kirk
I don't actually like money... I have no desire for it, and it ahs no hold over me... there are, however, several people I would hurt or kill for free.....

The Omega
No. I wouldn't do ANYTHING for money. Easy as it.

WhiteEagle
No, I don't think so. In this society money seems the be all, end all. Everyone who chooses to live in it NEEDS money, if only for food, clothing and shelter. But I wouldn't hurt a stranger for money just so I could have a few more luxuries.

naybean
ye, i wouldnt hurt a stranger for a few more luxuries, but no one said that you had to use the money for yourself.... so if someone payed me enough, ye i would hurt someone because of what i could use that money for.

m!$hA
no i definently would not do anything for money no
i would not kill someone for $100 000 000, nor would i do it for $100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 erm

Papaumau
Well folks...THAT seems pretty clear !

Few of you are willing to admit the dark and greedy side of your nature and that is not surprising really as most of us want to keep that side of us to ourselves.

I liked that statement that "Money is the root of all evil and power is the tree of all evil" ! ( How true ! ).

The facts are that as humans we are ALL capable of any of the most evil and barbaric acts if the conditions and the stimulus is there.

Maybe money is not always the stimulus that is needed to be a barbaric or inhumane human but I am sure if you thought about it you would be prepared to give up your own life or the life of an unimportant other in order to save something or someone that IS important to you.

Looking back in history it has been proven that if the right conditions and influence is there that the human animal is the most barbaric and evil creature to ever walk the face of this earth.

How they ever got the name of "Humanity" I don't know and will never know.

shellie
yes Paps . i agree with that . i know we are all capable of taking the lives of another IF the condition was right . i surely would if i had to in order to save the life of one who is important to me , like my daughters for an example .

but......i COULD NOT do so JUST for money .

Cipher
Isn't the saying actually: the love of money is the root of all evil?
Objects aren't necessarily evil or bad, its the actions of people.

I wouldn't do ANYTHING for money as there are certain lines I don't want to
cross, but depending on the amount and what is required......
Who knows?

WhiteEagle
I remember a saying I heard somewhere; "There is only a 2% difference in the DNA of a human and a chimpanzee. It is that 2% that gave us Einstein...and Jack the Ripper." Seems appropriate. wink

lil bitchiness
Nope, I wouldnt do anything for money. There are MANY things money cannot buy...many many things.

Besides, I couldnt enjoy the money i got for killing someone, because the money would be stained with their blood.

BackFire
I'd kill Oprah if I could have all of her money.

lil bitchiness
Oh and this isnt really philosopical debaite, so moving to GDF.

Flavio
i would do a lot of things (less those who could lead me to death, i wouldnt enjoy the money if i died), but only things that could only damage myself, because no one has to pay for my "money-ambition". So i wouldnt kill/hurt people or do anything that could damage them.

Drifter101
no i would not do anything for money

Drifter101
i would work for it but not like other fear factor or some stunt or crap like that for money

silver_tears
I would do alot for it, but not anything, if the thing for example is making a complete ass of myself for a million dollars in front of my entire school, hell I would go ahead, then I can buy them all back in the end anyways evil face

§pearhead
depending on what and how much money, well that determines if I would or not smile

Thirst
depends on what it is. if i gotta strip naked and dance in front of a bunch of hot girls then yes. but i wouldnt give head for a million dollars.

ragesRemorse
I wouldnt do somthing that goes against beliefs, morales or values. I also wouldnt do somthing for money at another persons expense. This is what i would like to believe, but then again iam only human. So i cannot say for sure, because it is easy to say, but if someone had a briefcase of a million dollars and said it;s yours to do this. Well i dont know how strong i would be then. I know for a fact i wouldnt renouce faith,risk enprisonment, or destruction of another life, but as for tarnishing my morales and values i just might crumble under the grin of greed.

Evy_O
I think this question depends on a person's current financial situation yes

my financials are ok, so I don't think I'd do something extremely risky/bad/weird to gain more, but I'm sure that a person who is very poor and deprived would think and react otherwise. So I dunno, if I needed some desperately perhaps I'd do stuff, not anything though eek!

Besides, LOTS of money is as bad as NO money imho. Well not as bad, but at least a trouble stick out tongue

Papaumau
Are you being totally honest there "Thirst" ?

After all...some people would PAY, ( never mind get paid ), for the chance to give head to a beautiful "hot" girl/woman !

I know I would if it was Kylie Minogue or Ayesha out of Mis-teq ! eek!

http://www.efanguide.com/~misteeq/16t.jpg

Oh Ayesha...I think I love you ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thirst
of course i would eat a girl out for a million dollars. im talkin about that GAY SHIET. that i would never do in for a million bucks.

eezy45

eezy45
and answer is: No I'd not do anything for money.

eezy45
stick out tongue

cermiestar
everything and everyone has their price

ragesRemorse
can we get back to eating out girls? smile

Kaleanae
Work, get a job, right now in college so soon, I hope to make some money to pay my debt.

Mr Zero
The reason i haven't pitched in on this thread was I looked at the subject - thought "No" and moved on. The question only gets interesting if (as seems to now be the case) you try to dissect where your cut-off point is.

What wouldn't you do for money? That I can answer - I wouldn't compromise my moral principles.

Now my morals are more than likely laxer than most, but I know where they lie - and I wouldn't step over than line for any amount of money.

Our integrity is the only things we truly own. Sell that and you are good-as-dead.

Papaumau
A man was once asked if he would kill for a million Dollars and he got angry and told the person who made the offer to get the hell away from him.

The first guy asked the second guy why he was so angry and was it because he felt stongly about the ethics of the question and the first guy answered NO...It was because he was getting too close to his buying-price.

As Cermie said above....

"Everybody has their price" just, few will admit what this price is !

Evy_O
perhaps you're right, but I'd still wouldn't kill anyone for any amount of money

Mr Zero
The famous story about Groucho Marx asking a chorus girl if she would come home with him for a thousand dollars... she bats her eylashes and says "yeah sure"

So he offers her $50 and offended she says "What kind of girl do you think i am?"

Groucho: "we have already established that - now we are just haggling"

ladygrim
party03 with in reason probably... party03

Gory Game Lover
Not anything.If it was something bad or something I did not want to do,
no.If it was a good thing I would give it to the homeless people.Nothing for myself. wink

vaya_the_elf
Not really. Besides the evils of having a job.

Delicious1
Almost anything. I'd never want to hurt the ones i love physically or emotionally. But other than that, i'd do anything for money

manjaro
its true that money cant buy true happiness or love but it can certainly award one a reasonable facsimile.And i know they say that everyone has a price but, i would say i would do some things for money, so that i could sleep better at night.

Corran
Nope, I would like to think that I could and would usually pretend that I could, but deep down I would find it hard to do anything I consider morrally wrong - regardless of the money on offer.

Cipher
What a person would do depends on their sense of ethics and how much is offered. There's a lot of room for bargaining there.....
The worse the task, the greater the reward.

thejackal
I would do anything. I'm hurting for money so badly right now, im on the verge of suicide.

Money is the root of all evil in my opinion too. It's like an addiction... you absolutely can't live without it.

Spang53
I think most people are just talk when it comes down to money. They say that they would kill somebody for a sum of money but could they really. Could they pull a trigger? Slit somebody's throat? I don't think so. People have a weakness about them. Wrong acts will haunt them the rest of their life. Most people could not live with themselves if they took someone elses life. Or harmed them and left them disabled in some way. A normal, normal as in rational, person wouldn't be able to live with themselves. Especially if they had to witness what the inflicted upon the persons family. I would not do anything for money. I couldn't. My body wouldn't let me.

gryphon28
I wouldn't do anything for money I'd get a job and work

BruceSkywalker
depends on how much is being offered to me

gryphon28
If you have a good college degree you should be making a good amount of money

chithappens
Originally posted by gryphon28

laughing out loud wow, that's cute. you graduated?

gryphon28
No but my sister did

Symmetric Chaos

"What do you do with a BA in English?" -- Avenue Q

gryphon28
Hell you figure it out

Symmetric Chaos
Hell you figure it out

Way to miss the point.

gryphon28
My sister graduated from the Naval Academy she is set for life just because she went to that college it was about 3 months when she graduated and she's making more than my mother and Father but together
The Naval Academy is what I call going a very good College

Symmetric Chaos
Let me but it this way, my sister graduated from the Naval Academy she is set for life just because she went to that college it was about 3 months when she graduated and she's making more than my mother and Father but together

Not meaningful statistics unless something is known about how much her parents are making. Also, if she told you that she got a degree in 3 months it wasn't true.

chithappens
Ask a student at state university and then post here again

gryphon28
I meant it was 3 months ago when she graduated,my bad

gryphon28
She was at the school for about 4 years

red g jacks
for the right amount of money i'd do basically anything, as long as it doesn't prevent me from enjoying the money later on; like if i had to kill myself or cut my dick off. or kill someone really close to me like an immediate family member.

TazzMission2023
it depends what the job is.

zbucsz
i would do anything but not too my family or kids, anything else im down

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by HockeyHorror
money = root of evil back in 2004, i was talking out of my ass.

i'm making good money now thank god, and i could care less if it's the root of all evil.

Deja~vu
Money does not = the root of all evil.

The LOVE of money = the root of all evil.

Just thought I'd mention that misquote...

The Heap
Originally posted by Deja~vu
Money does not = the root of all evil.

The LOVE of money = the root of all evil.

Just thought I'd mention that misquote...

Lulz.

Money causes you to love it, so therefor, if your love for money is evil, then the god-damned money is evil. Duh.

Magee
How can an inanimate object be evil? The evil comes from the person and there love for money.

Jack Daniels
money is kewl.....heh heh (think that was a quote from the all knowing bevis and butthead)

Deja~vu
Originally posted by The Heap
Lulz.

Money causes you to love it, so therefor, if your love for money is evil, then the god-damned money is evil. Duh. Duh, the person misquoted a Bible verse as most do...........

Money is neither good nor bad, but the craving for it makes uncomfortable things happen.... laughing out loud

The Heap
Originally posted by Deja~vu
Duh, the person misquoted a Bible verse as most do...........

Money is neither good nor bad, but the craving for it makes uncomfortable things happen.... laughing out loud

It gives me an erection.

Guess thats evil, huh? big grin

Jack Daniels
maryjane will get u thru times of no money better than money will get you thru times of no maryjane..LOL...(think that one was a quote from the fabulous furry freak bros..lol)....

D_A_R_E
No I wouldn't do anything for money. That's just stupid and vain.

Leader
Originally posted by D_A_R_E
No I wouldn't do anything for money. That's just stupid and vain.

What about...a Dare?

Deja~vu
Originally posted by The Heap
It gives me an erection.

Guess thats evil, huh? big grin Your a guy, even the wind give you an erection. laughing out loud

Ghostface00
I would run around my neighborhood naked for money. I would eat a glass full of worms for money.

Aster Phoenix
Originally posted by Papaumau
Think carefully now and be totally truthful with your answer....

Would you do ANYTHING for money IF you consider that the amount of money offered is the only real consideration in your decision ?

Before you answer...please remember the theme behind the movie "Indecent proposal".

Would I kill someone? no.

Would I screw a guy or a girl for money? As long as he's/she's hot, then yes.

Money doesn't matter that much to me honestly, most of the things I care about/want in life aren't connected to it.

ragesRemorse
I would do almost anything for money, but i do have a couple of rules-
no woman, no children.

Aster Phoenix
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I would do almost anything for money, but i do have a couple of rules-
no woman, no children.

If your talking about sex, why no woman?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
If your talking about sex, why no woman?

The phrase, "no women, no children" is typically used as a limiting factor on who can and cannot be killed. If it is about sex he might just be gay.

Aster Phoenix
Oh, as far as gay if the girl is really hot and your getting money out of the deal, why not? Just fake it.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
Oh, as far as gay if the girl is really hot and your getting money out of the deal, why not? Just fake it.

The girl being hot wouldn't matter if he were gay. As for the rest, you've hear of homophobia right? Stands to reason there just be rabid heterophobes somewhere.

Dark-Jaxx
There are a few things I would not do for money, of course.

Stealth Agent
i'd murder for the right price, just aslong as it wasn't the next lennon or obama, and the reasoning was fair.

I'd probally do anything except hurt my loved ones, make a public clown out of myself, have gay sex, do anything that would damage my self-respet really.

FalconPaunch!
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
The girl being hot wouldn't matter if he were gay. As for the rest, you've hear of homophobia right? Stands to reason there just be rabid heterophobes somewhere. My gay brother is a misogynistic heterophobe. Whenever something doesn't go his way, he immediately blames "that stupid woman." (His words, not mine).

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by FalconPaunch!
My gay brother is a misogynistic heterophobe. Whenever something doesn't go his way, he immediately blames "that stupid woman." (His words, not mine).

Is he hot?

Patient_Leech
Abso****inglutely anything.

rudester
I'll give you 1000$ to lick a man's balls and suk him off /\, would you do it?

FalconPaunch!
Is the man you?

rudester
Nope not me

rudester
Henry Cavill

Adam_PoE
https://64.media.tumblr.com/f2fc2ad92f73232da959c45ae2ab2c73/95111a52b861bd4f-9e/s540x810/1e48f50e96d63d1fa302636a6612a51ca3b32b33.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.