Funny Situations

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkCrawler
http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/marvel/ultxmen50/3.jpg
What would happen if an airplane would get in front of the beam? big grin

SnakeEyes
then i believe it would explode and kill innocent people.....

Paola
laughing out loud

Nataku8188
And I would piss myself laughing.

Spawnie
Kaboom! That is all.

Magee
Wouldnt be very funny though. blink

DarkCrawler
No, but they should be more careful with their powers... smile

Punkyhermy
LOL!

Magee
Yea its still not something that would make me laugh, maybe a slight grin....Typo's, now their funny laughing

Lenord
I have always had a question about teleporters and phasing mutants....

What would happen if a teleporter, teleports into a solid object? How does teleportation work, because no matter where a mutant teleports since it is not a vacume there is always something there. So what happens to the atoms/molecules that were there to begin with.

Why does a phasing mutant never sink down the floor when they phase through walls?

Kontraz
because of poor writing, my friend..... which is basically all Kitty Pride is...

Arachnoidfreak
Nightcrawler has to see where he is going when he teleports, so that situation doesn't happen. I imagine the ruslt would be a dead mutant with half his body sticking out of the wall.

Kitty Pride can make herself walk on air, and that's probably why she doesn't sink through the floor while moving through a wall. She'd make one foot walk on air, walk halfway through the wall, make her other foot walk on air, and then finish phasing through the wall.

Lenord
The thing about teleporting is, even if you teleport into an empty space there is still something occuping that space (i.e it is not a vacume). So I am wondering what happens to all the atoms/molecules that was occuping that space? If for example everything gets switched around (i.e everything that occupies the space of your destination gets teleported to your starting point while you teleport to the area that it occupied), then that would be understandable and would mean that even if a mutant teleports into a solid object he would be fine until he can teleport again. That is why I asked the whole question about how teleportation works....

As for Kitty, does that mean that she can levitate to some extent?

Magee
Wouldnt the atoms just sort of.... Move? lol

Yea i didnt take physics.

Maelstrom
it's like walking through air. your body displaces the air or like being in water the volume takes care of itself. Their volume disapates 100 percent then reconforms at its exact amount. They don't reform in side the air but inside themselves. Your right if they did it in the air the pressure would disrupt them. least i think thats solid. confused

Lenord
It can't be the same as walking through air. The main reason for these is because when someone teleports, thier whole body appears in the place at the same time so there is no time for the air/dust molecules to be displaced....

Arachnoidfreak
I imagine the *bamf* that Nightcrawler does is actually the sound of creating a small vacum, so his body can fill the void.

Yes, Kitty Pride can levitate. I've seen her walk upwards on air and phase through ceilings.

fever red
Lenord, maybe not. We don't know that their whole body re-appears at the same instant! Just in so quick a sequence that it seems that way! Maybe if you had it on VERY good film you could see them growing outward from the center or something. (Now that would look WIERD)Who knows?
And yes, the bamf could be the sound of air being displaced BEFORE Nightcrawler's emergence. And if its a separate and preceding action that is effected by a separate power from teleportation, then it might work on a wall. What would you call such a power? It sounds kind of familiar- isn't that like what Blink has? Spatial displacement or something?
Still, possibly he could be killed if he teleported into a wall for whatever reason (psionic take-over?). Because, if it's an expanding mass of living tissue that performs the displacement, then it would obviously not be able to push aside something more solid/tough than itself. Ow! Nasty way to go!
So, we don't know, but it's reasonable to see it go eithor way. In my humble opinion.

GreatMuta
I am a better human being for listening to Fever red and his theory!

I knew i shouldn't have slept through science class!!

Mane
her theory

GreatMuta
Right.....her confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.