How long has Luke been trained by Yoda?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ASDRUBALDO

NoMeN
Roth! yeah i remember, such a cool planet. loved it.

yerssot
think it's mentioned in the novel?
around a week or two I thought, not sure

Dirty Vader
yeh good question, when seeing the film it seemed to last 2 or 3 days, even one day.
But as yerssot said, it must of been a week...

Master Kadub
I think Luke is trained by Ben for about a 3 or 4 days....cant remember....ANH

Then in ESB Luke trains for about a week or 10 days.....but
remember Luke is still training using the techniques he learned
from ObiWan between ANH and ESB...

Then between ESB and ROTJ Luke completes his basic training,
but I dont think he is fully trained......just well enough to face
Vader again and Palpatine......

Parjay
Could have been a lot longer, two or three weeks maybe. If I recall correctly, the Falcon's hyperdrive was still not working when it made the trip to Bespin; who knows how long that took.

Master Kadub
I think Luke's training will always be a big mystery til GL officially speaks on the topic.....and to date i've seen nothing.....

jedi_master_lex
It didn't seem like very long.... maybe 2 weeks... but i doubt it.... it was probably a week at best.

But like Master Kadub said, "Luke is still training using the techniques he learned from ObiWan between ANH and ESB" ... so he was not totally ignorant of the Force when Yoda started his training.

Plus... he is a Skywalker.... the midiclorians flow heavily in his veins... it would come more natural to him because of who his father was.

Cipher
It would have taken awhile to get to the nearest system w/o hyperdrive....

Couple weeks? Maybe more....

Master Kadub
Cipher.....that is true....plus the time between ANH and ESB seems to be forever, since the Rebels are base hopping all across the galaxy.....

Thirst
i'd say 2-3 weeks. Travelling by sublight drive to a star system takes a loooooooooong time.

Cipher
That's my theory, too. A couple of weeks....

Apparently it wasn't enough time to teach Luke not to throw aside his saber in
a fight....

Darth_Nefarus
I'd say four days with Kenobi during actual practicing of force techniques. I also count blowing up the death star, an impressive force trick to say the least.
With Yoda, it seemed more like two to three weeks. I can't base these on anything concrete, they are merely estimates.
And, as jedi master lex said earlier, he's a skywalker, it's in their DNA to whoop ASS.

Baylin
Well the film is only a couple of hours long at the most so his training cant have been any longer than that... stick out tongue

Seriously though I always imagined it was at least a few weeks. Afterall for the Falcon to limp to another system with only it's sub-light drives it wouldnt have been a quick journey.

Sesse
We should observe lukes clothing. Doing long days with a green gnome piggybacking him constantly should leave a stain or two to his clothing. I doubt he had too many exhange clothes with him. Neither does yoda have a washing machine...

His "training gear" seems to be in pretty good order all the time.

Another thing that we should watch is his hairing. He should have a nice beard. Of course Yoda must have taught him how to shave with a lightsaber, but still...

There arent too many helpful facts...

Darth Jayno
yeah, they should of used the same idea as rocky 4, when he is training, time is shown by him growing a beard

rinaldoz
I remember reading somewhere that lukes training took about 2 months.

yerssot
you need a source though

Master Kadub
Sesse,
I must agree with that theory.....
I think that Luke was there for awhile and to
pin point it exactly would be difficult; but 2 or 3 wks
is the closes i can figure after looking at Lukes clothes....

roundisfunny
The time between Empire and Jedi, though, was one year; Luke was being trained by Yoda that entire time (potentially). However long it was, it was clearly enough. He resisted the urge to join Vader and, later, the urge to strike him down when he had him licked.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.