Your favorite Sci-fi book or series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
tell me what and why!

big gay kirk
Queen of Angels and Slant by Greg Bear... the vision of the near future of Therapied LA and Seattle is just so believable... also Douglas Hill's The Last Legionary Quartet... stunning juvenile sf... still read it now...

urthstripe321
My current favorite sci-fi book/s are tied between 1984 and Brave New World. Also notable is Fahrenheit 451, Ender's Game, and I, Robot. I also enjyed some parts of Blood Music by Greg Bear as well.

Blackhand
Ender's Game and Foundation for me. Awesome books! I highly recommend them both.

Laskharis
China Mieville's books are great in a sickening sort of way...

Blackhand
I've been wanting to pick up with Mieville. What would you suggest I begin with?

Silver Stardust
Brave New World, Foundation, the Dune Series, pretty much anything written by Anne McCaffrey yes They're all very good.

dark1365
Halo books, all the way.

Morgoths_Wrath
halo books were good

Laskharis
If you want to start reading Mieville, start with either Perdido Street Station or The Scar. PSS is claustrophobic, sickening and evil; TS has a rather more free feel to it, and is sliiiightly less evil and rather more epic. Both incredible books.

Imperial_Samura
True, in terms of characterisation and sheer ability to move (some time to happiness, some time to such disgust) Mieville is up there with the greats, such vivid worlds, such amazing concepts. I wish I had a near sword afterwards, he knows how to really grab you and drag you kicking and screaming to be remade into a fan (or some sort of steam engine.)

Roscoe
I Am Legend by Richard Matheson

Robert Neville is the last living man on earth ...but he is not alone. Every other man, woman and child on the planet has become a vampire, and they are all hungry for Neville's blood. By day he is the hunter, stalking the sleeping undead through the abandoned ruins of civilization. By night, he barricades himself in his home and prays for the dawn. How long can one man survive like this? ...amazon

Max Power
I'm a big fan of the Earthsea trilogy by Ursula LEGuin. It's a great coming of age story for people of all ages, especially younger people. I can't wait to see it come to life in a miniseries they're working on.

star22
Favorite Sci-Fi books:

1. Dune-the greatest sci-fi book of all times. The sequals were bad, though.

2. 2010:Liked it better than 2001

3. the Cobra Trilogy by Timothy Zhan

4. Any of the Thrawn books by Zhan

5. Anything by Zhan

6. The X-Wing books by Michael Stackpoole

7. Any of Heinleins juvenile books

Max Power
Dune was good, the show on tv was not. I'm hoping SciFi reverses that and does a good job with Earthsea.

star22
I disagree. I love both of the miniseries, but especially the first one. I thought that they did an excellent job and were very faithful to the books. I actually own both and watch them all the time.

Max Power
I was too negative in that post. I didn't dislike the Dune series, I just thought it didn't live up to my high expectations. Having watched the Earthsea trailers though, I think it will really be very good.

coolboarder98
Fahrenheit 451, Man in the High Castle, most of the Star Wars novels. Usually I'll read something once to see if I like it or not.

AfricanLion
Dreams of Flesh and Sand and Dreams of Gods and Men by W. T. Quick. He wrote about the Matrix before anybody even knew what the Matrix was. Awesome books, well worth reading, especially if you're into action.

ragesRemorse
I am legend by Richard Matheson, is probably one of my favorite sci-fi books. The most intersting was farenheit 451. The most entertaining is eigther the doom series (the books after the game) or somthing from the night side.

SnakeEyes
hmmm. I just bought Ender's Game... I am also into Star Wars books quite a bit, and just got the Republic Commando: Hard Contact book. Which is neat, lots of action..

SnakeEyes
bump

mailedbypostman
Why bump?

Predator 89
Dune series there's just nothing to top them, and the reason i like them so much is that it focuses on politics, philosophy, and other topics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.