Dracula by Bram Stoker.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punkyhermy
Whaddya have to say about the book?

Lady Horror
I'm reading it right now, and it reveals many confusing things from Nosferatu. I was completely horrified about the part where Harker hears the screams of the mother of the child Dracula is eating. Then she is silenced by the wolves. Very intense.

Mr Zero
I wouldn't say that it's a great book - in that it's not terribly well written: not crappy, just a bit clunky.

It's a damn better book than any Dracula movie so far would suggest - and it has some seriously tense and scary passages. The best thing about it is the way the narrative and POV changes - makes it seem almost like a documentary in places.

Imperial_Samura
Yes, I agree, Stoker was a master at creating suspenseful atmospheres, and I found the story structure very interesting, I have never seen it done nearly as well anywhere is, but it was good in that one can actually "see" as it were, the thoughts of some characters, see how their experiences are effecting them.

Mandos
It is a classic novel. End of discussion. stick out tongue
However, the person Stoker based his infamous character off of (Vlad Tepes), he got mixed up with the guys father (Vlad Dracul).

Punkyhermy
I LOVE the book it was sooo creepy!!!!
BUT I still have to finish it...am almost done...

Lord Soth
It's a great book. A classic that everyone should have

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.